Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 135
  1. #61
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Adken View Post
    This is why so few people check the forums. And this is why to propose a server improvement project (or anything else that needs many people) always fail. I'm not throwing the first stone or anything, but less trolls would benefit the forums activity greatly.
    I think it's the opposite. People stay away from the forums because they are boring.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

    Leader of Templar

  2. #62
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hudson N.C.
    Posts
    462

    Post I think your on to something.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I think it's the opposite. People stay away from the forums because they are boring.
    Bazinga!
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  3. #63
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hudson N.C.
    Posts
    462

    Post Interesting concept

    Quote Originally Posted by Adken View Post
    This is why so few people check the forums. And this is why to propose a server improvement project (or anything else that needs many people) always fail. I'm not throwing the first stone or anything, but less trolls would benefit the forums activity greatly.
    I will and do disagree with the amount of you people you propose that "don't" check the forums. As far as an improvement project i partially agree with and i will elaborate on this. See what we need as a part of this great community is something fresh totally to give customers with different perspectives something to do besides PvE. This isn't the suggestions forums or the pvp thread but i have brought ddo up in some game conversations or what have you and they get discouraged when i tell them there is no "PvP". More specifically this may drift a bit away from DnD hardcores PnP franchise. Who cares? You wonder were the gaming community is or should be? They are off partaking in a glorious pvp combat zone in some cookie cutter game. I can't believe more people aren't playing DDO in general it's discouraging, people in general want to hop into a game where they can make a name easily by dominating the playing field and sharing some knowledge and skills thus Epeen was born. This is highly debatable but to increase revenue and keep this game alive ddo needs this as well as any server. Most of you will probably see this as a fail attempt an entertaining way to pitch my own ideas. What does having the best gear and vast knowledge of the game mean if the servers are brought down because there isn't any revenue to continue passing out paychecks for salaries for well deserved individuals or pay bills for the companies responsible. Say, think what you will this game deserves new and something refreshing. This coming fron an individual that has never played PnP a day in his life. Out with the old in with the new, face facts this is a company that strictly works to generate revenue not to please others but by what there investors hope to gain compensation from. I'm over it...it is what it is. Think about this wall of text, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to forget about fun for a second and think about what it takes to run a business and KEEP it going. Thread derailed? I think so but on the right track now. As well as a very intriguing personality to keep people interested with thoughts and creativity in every expression.
    Last edited by xxHazexx; 10-21-2012 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Sunday funday, also i'm left handed.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  4. #64
    Community Member Kennyburns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Cannith
    Posts
    332

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    What does having the best gear and vast knowledge of the game mean if the servers are brought down because there isn't any revenue to continue passing out paychecks for salaries for well deserved individuals or pay bills for the companies responsible. Say, think what you will this game deserves new and something refreshing.
    I Think loss of revenue partially comes from ppl giving up on GMs responding to tickets, some ppl wait 2 hours for no response, and i think I've only ever had 2 responded to and those were over a year ago and now i dont even bother anymore
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

  5. #65
    Community Member MiahooJunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    Im not saying we're perfect
    But I am!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-krMDKofa8

    Quote Originally Posted by Adken View Post
    but less trolls would benefit the forums activity greatly.
    Aww! I take it personal. >

    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I think it's the opposite. People stay away from the forums because they are boring.
    +1

    OMG MAN! 2000 POSTS!
    ~Miahoo all around!~

    To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

  6. #66
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    13

    Default

    I have submited two tickets in my time playing, the first one was over a year ago
    and I never got a response to it. I think the reason was because of my less than
    coherent explanation of what the problem was. A ticket that I put in about a month
    ago was better written, concise, and to the point. This ticket was responded to and
    solved in about ten minutes, so I am thinking that we as players share some of
    the blame in these ticket problems, just a thought. That said, as an officer of Seekers
    Of Forgotten Pasts this festival of giving that was mentioned earlier really interests
    me. I help my guild and friends on a daily basis but I am interested in the givefest
    idea if somehow it could be applied to more of the newer players that need help and
    guidence more than the players that are allready in a guild.

  7. #67
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default

    I am interested in the givefest idea aswell. Keeping an eye out in harbour and marketplace chat.

    Usually i run Chronoscope elite with new people who needs the loot, level 4 and up.
    Sofar it has been appreciated. One paladin guy hosted a few of those for a few
    weeks and ended up in an established guild.

    I´ll continue doing that.


    Pyreal af Templar

  8. #68
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    203

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    I think it's the opposite. People stay away from the forums because they are boring.
    Nope. Most people stay away from the forums... because they are actually playing the game.


  9. #69
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brasil
    Posts
    2,547

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yalina View Post
    Nope. Most people stay away from the forums... because they are actually playing the game.

    Unlike Slices, I can't play at work. But I can keep a browser tab with the forums open.

    It's not like there is that much content to play anyway. There's less than 10 good high level quests in the game ATM. If I play them too often I'll get bored and have nothing to do.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

    Leader of Templar

  10. #70
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,754

    Default The Real Deal

    How to improve the server?

    Well, I've thought about this quite a bit of late and this thread turned the wheels a bit more. So I really started to take in a bit more of the scene from lowbie to end game lfms, channel runs, etc. I observed some behavior in lfm postings, channel talks, and in runs themselves.

    With over six years of time in DDO, spent between two different servers I have seen just about anything. But what Cannith Group Leaders have in abundance is both an unwarranted sense of superiority and a quite mundane possesion of skills. The hubris of some that post lfms (of any level/content) is astounding to me, considering the amount of skill/talent of these players is marginally above mediocre at best. There are some very good players on Cannith, and the best do not feel a need to prove it nor be uber elite in their treatment of the masses. But there are many more, the majority I feel, that fall into my above assertation.

    Extreme elitism will only fail. It might take time, but it will. On larger servers where the population allows for a larger time frame before meltdown Elitist mentality lasts a bit longer. On a smaller server, like Cannith, the time is nearing an end. That is why folks are ready to cry "doom." Because some treated the masses like dirt and/or were way overboard in how Elite and Cool they think they are. Now, as time passes a few dwindle and it hurts that clic the most.

    It is double-edged to me, as I nearly fell into the same trap myself. But, I have come to my senses and remembered that, that way lead to epic hallowness. Forgetting where you came from, is akin to forgetting who you are.

    So, what does all this mean? Aside from saying that alot that post/lead groups are completely full of themselves, have a modest amount of skill and are more the problem to the games demise then they realize?

    It means you all have some measure of power. Every LFM that goes up that does not include: "NO Casuals Ever!, No N00bs!, Know ME or don't click, or even the weird lfms with no description and the leader doesn't respond when you ask what they are running." is a step in the right direction. Anyone can do this. All it takes, is a check on your hubris (you are not that uber - neither am I), some patience and a willingness to actually lead a run.

    Furthermore, it is nice all the guilds have Mumble, Vent, TS, whatever. Don't forget to communicate to the actual team you are grouped with at the time. No one is asking for your life story or your oratory skills in general. But when a question is asked by someone new or a grizzled vet, answer the damn question. Give directions! Type is fine, if you don't feel like talking or whatever, but communication between the group is a huge reason why groups/raids fail. Aside from goggles/tiles in abbot there is NO reason whatsoever you can't be a part of the general communication of the group. You chose not to be, therefore you are part of the problem.

    TLR Version

    You want the server to be better, then be better. There is no reason for the rude, elitist treatment especially when running EH or worse yet content like hard ToD that we used to beat at lvl 17 when it came out. Check your ego. If you are that good then you can take anyone willing to listen to direction and lead them all to completion. If you can't, then YOU are not as good as you thought you were.
    Last edited by Braegan; 10-23-2012 at 08:58 PM.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  11. #71
    Community Member MiahooJunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    How to improve the server?

    TLR Version

    You want the server to be better, then be better. There is no reason for the rude, elitist treatment especially when running EH or worse yet content like hard ToD that we used to beat at lvl 17 when it came out. Check your ego. If you are that good then you can take anyone willing to listen to direction and lead them all to completion. If you can't, then YOU are not as good as you thought you were.
    I agree, and disagree.

    I totally agree with the issue. I came back to this game after 2 months break just to get my stone dropped into the water in abbot (the s part, far from the shrines) by a guild I used to respect, and then loot crying drama.

    But imo, where I disagree with you, this is not the problem.

    The game become to a farmfest of destinies and loot. Sure we were always after farming items - but this time you dont need to try too hard = Epic Normal/Hard.

    Why should anyone do a x10 harder quest as Epic Elite, when he can do it on this joke called Epic Hard 10 times faster and easier ?
    The drop rates are pitiful compare to the difficulty. While a trash mob hit you for 250 in epic elite, it hit ya for 50 on epic hard. While a fire trap does 500 on epic elite, you sometimes take no damage in epic hard!

    I'm not saying Turbine should nerf Epic Elite becasue its too hard - not at all!! But Turbine should definitely boost the rewards and XP for it!
    Make it so people would like to run it. And not just for the challange. Because challange with no rewards is not fun.

    Like we used to do Elite ToD back then - its not that too different than hard, and drop chances are x1.5.

    TLR Version

    Give us rewards for our effort!
    Edit: Also, when people will have some challange (and a reason for it) they'll notice they need each other. And the jerk attitude will stop from itself.
    Last edited by MiahooJunk; 10-23-2012 at 11:39 PM.
    ~Miahoo all around!~

    To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

  12. #72
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    84

    Default

    What Braegan say in the "The Real Deal" post is true, imo.

    Personally i dont click on the "know me or be ignored" etc. lfms. Thats why i more or less watch paint dry, in this game. I play a few other MMOs so its not a loss for me.

    I do try to click on the lfms with decent people in it. Help their cause unconditionally. If it cost me some resources, so be it. Then be content with that and view that as my personal endgame. I have 4-5 packs and i dont need more gear. Sure, i could use a few items but i dont need them.

    Then rather focus on other games, with communities less hostile compared to the cannith one. I´ll use cannith as a social science project now, to see if pride can be overturned by reason, consideration and kindness.

    Everything ends 21th of December anyway, right?

    *Tick* *Tock* *Tick* *Tock*


    Pyreal af Templar
    Last edited by Barnaky; 10-24-2012 at 01:48 AM.

  13. #73
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    203

    Default

    I still play for fun, but well, epic elite rewards need a little boost maybe...
    However, yesterday we did elite MotU quests and CR 30 challenges 6 stars, and a friend reached 377 PDK favor with those - it was a good enough reward for me for that day.

  14. #74
    Community Member MiahooJunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yalina View Post
    I still play for fun, but well, epic elite rewards need a little boost maybe...
    However, yesterday we did elite MotU quests and CR 30 challenges 6 stars, and a friend reached 377 PDK favor with those - it was a good enough reward for me for that day.
    We done Epic Elite CoF. And we all got 5K Extra XP out of it, tons of (not longer so useful) scrolls and seals, which was a good enough reward for all of us!
    /Sarcasm off

    Give me break, ok?
    Epic equip is a joke nowdays. Most of the epic items are worse than lvl 15 random loot. And even those u can acquire from normal runs!
    I'm not talking about slighly boosting elite rewards. I'm talking about shutting the reason to run notmals.
    - Make normals XP 1/10 than what it is now. Make it so epic stuff wont even drop in this difficulty.
    - Make hard a bit more harder, reduce the XP drop chances by half.
    - Make elite runs worth the time, effort and resources.

    The sands scrolls trade shut some of the most fun epics in game - and this attitude of repeated farming (aka, Challanges) is taking place more and more in this game.

    I belive that a single elite run should be much more rewarding than 5 hard runs.
    Imo, this what will make people to cooperate more and reduce the bullying.

    /Obama style on
    I, have a dream!
    I see people running elites together. And hards just for the hell of it with a cup of tea.
    Together, we can bring this to live.
    Say it with me... YES WE CAN!

    Last edited by MiahooJunk; 10-24-2012 at 10:58 AM.
    ~Miahoo all around!~

    To all my friends: I Troll! Deal with it! You still hate me!

  15. #75
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hudson N.C.
    Posts
    462

    Cool

    /Obama style on
    I, have a dream!
    I see people running elites together. And hards just for the hell of it with a cup of tea.
    Together, we can bring this to live.
    Say it with me... YES WE CAN!

    Preachin to the choir brother...I never understood why people didn't run elites before epic elite but it's not my place to tell them how to play i was always under the impression that running challenging quests and challenging yourself was fun. Maybe we're a minority with a cause? Man i miss those nights full of raids with hot tea/coffee/redbull to pull all nighters just to play with all guildies in every time zone! Sentimental..
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  16. #76
    Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council
    Braegan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Xoriat
    Posts
    3,754

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MiahooJunk View Post
    I agree, and disagree.

    TLR Version

    Give us rewards for our effort!
    Edit: Also, when people will have some challange (and a reason for it) they'll notice they need each other. And the jerk attitude will stop from itself.
    Hmmm, I'm not sure if changing the value of risk/reward and trying to establish a reason to run EE will suddenly convince people they need to stop acting like jerks. It's possible, tho I don't see it. And of course the incentive to not act like a jerk should be something a person should have long ago and not need an MMO to teach them the values of not being a jerk.
    Git off mah lawn!

    If, If's and But's was Candies and Nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

  17. #77
    Community Member Onetunge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    96

    Default

    There's a perfectly good reason why ppl farm on eh rader than on ee. (At least those that are on 1st or 2nd life).

    Scrolls, and other stuff to upgrade epics.

    I recently farmed Philarian Carnival on eh to get ings for Ring of Elemental essences. I started solo on eh and kept LFG up. Once I got 5 ppl in group we switched to ee.

    Now I'm still missing Scroll for Ring of Elemental essences, got everyting else.

    So tell me why shouldn't someone at begining of the game (1st, 2nd life) stroll through a quest on eh to get what he need's. Other option for me is AH that has only 1 Scroll at 440k+ plat.
    It's no problem if you're full of plats, but starting players aren't.

    And usualy elite players are the ones having forum threads, trading stuff that you need half a mill plat or FRDS to even consider trying to make a trade.

    So there's another issue to discuss here, and that is overpriced items in AH.

  18. #78
    Community Member tralfaz81's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    767

    Default

    Was already doing what OP suggested - selling decent gear at a low price in case it helps a new player - as I've been TRing. Works great from levels 1-10, but after that either the newbs have given up or finally started learning more about decent gear where my 'fairly decent' loot stops selling.

    Few more suggestions on the subject if you're TRing and working with low level players

    Carry extra pots, give away the pots - there's alot to learn in this game and many of the new players don't really pick up on the importance of pots right away. Handing them spare pots of jumping or lesser mnemonic pots when needed helps point them in the direction of carrying their own.

    Spread the wealth - if running with a good but inexperienced player, give them 10k pp at the end of the quest. That's chump change for an older player but a fortune for a new player. Thats more than enough at lower levels for them to completely re-equip their toon at the AH. Makes them easier to run with and a better chance they'll stay with the game.

    Craft decent loot - most of what's in the AH is trash. Craft decent gear and sell it at the AH cheap. Again, better equipped newbs last longer and tightens up their learning curve.

    I ran the pit with a totally inexperienced rogue. He died like every two minutes but was one of the few members of the party who never quit when it got hard. He tried his best and never gave up. I think his red bar stayed at 10% the entire run. When we finished, I gave him 10k pp to "go get some pots!" His only weapon finally broke at the very end from all his deaths and he finished the quest hitting things. I made him a Cannith crafting, baby version of GS mineral II weapon and mailed it to him with the instructions "always keep a spare." Took all of two minutes and is a small step towards improving our server.
    "Shut up and die like a wizard"

  19. #79
    Community Member xxHazexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hudson N.C.
    Posts
    462

    Post Attitudes

    Quote Originally Posted by Braegan View Post
    Hmmm, I'm not sure if changing the value of risk/reward and trying to establish a reason to run EE will suddenly convince people they need to stop acting like jerks. It's possible, tho I don't see it. And of course the incentive to not act like a jerk should be something a person should have long ago and not need an MMO to teach them the values of not being a jerk.
    While i understand your statement and partially agree with the attitude of being a "jerk" and to stop being a "jerk" then the your idea is that if we all hold hands and put smiley face's in the social panel more people will more likely be willing to run stuff. I disagree in a sense because sometimes a strong personality is a necessary evil that creates teamwork and communication with their self and others around them. I don't totally disagree and some people just won't learn and help others learn from their mistakes with proper non offensive constructive criticism. It takes an open mind to create change not someone whos judgement has been clouded with their own personal interests and greed as most of the world as we know today has become.
    ŦĘӍPLѦR
    Cannith

    Shadowhaze-Righteouss-Technological Warfare-Lightes.
    Fear is the enemy of logic-Frank Sinatra

  20. #80
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xxHazexx View Post
    It takes an open mind to create change not someone whos judgement has been clouded with their own personal interests and greed as most of the world as we know today has become.
    It is to that end, why the availability of decent items may help things out. Hierarchy of needs and all. In theory, when people start to have decent equipment then they will hit a point to where they stop taking everything and start needing to work with people to figure out how to take the next step.

    Additionally, on the subject of jerktitude needed for real leadership etc. Found a case study on that. I am every so often watching as I play to determine the results. Watch who they run with, quest difficulties, etc.

    Additionally, there is the old adage. You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

    So not necessarily an all smiles and sunshine across the lfm. Based on number of people and basic human nature that is impossible. However, the more people that advance on Laslowe's Hierarchy of Needs, the larger the invested community.

    From the sense of survival based on community look at some of the old large or popular raiding guilds and general guild drama of the past.

    The server community as a whole is a macrocosm on that same thing.

    From my perspective, there are easy ways to be helpful. Apart from just being what I make a personal choice to do, being helpful in those ways makes the game more enjoyable for others. Making the game more enjoyable increases the longevity of the game.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload