Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I twisted tsunami. Its 3 fate points cheaper than energy burst, so I can squeeze it with 3/3/1. Damage is nice, I can sometime target it into 2-3 mobs, but there is big problem. It slows down everyone who had bad luck and stood in AoE, just like gust of wind. Is this bug, or working as intended
    This is not intended.

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    This is not intended.
    What about Chill of winter workng when YOU hit monsters? My sister was getting this in the Deamonweb; Also, i've hear uncomfirmed rumors that Summer smoke is affecting monsters too.
    Because DDO content is created by hand, some issues cannot be fixed with a global change. We must fix these issues one-by-one by hand with the help of bug reports. This includes:
    Ladder issues: please include the /loc when reporting a ladder issue

Could we not have broken abilities put into shiradi procs from now on?

Seriously that stupid spores thing is really annoying at this point.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Quote Originally Posted by Vellrad View Post
    I twisted tsunami. Its 3 fate points cheaper than energy burst, so I can squeeze it with 3/3/1. Damage is nice, I can sometime target it into 2-3 mobs, but there is big problem. It slows down everyone who had bad luck and stood in AoE, just like gust of wind. Is this bug, or working as intended, and a way to say that we don't deserve to get nice things?
    I think someone saw "has knockdown and blows out firewalls" and thought "this will do nicely!" It does actually use the gust of wind effect with a green goo splat animation tacked on at the end. I think the damage dice are probably shifted a bit as well. (Could be the reason we never see a separate damage roll for cold and bludgeoning damage?)
    Epic Destiny Planner - http://ddodestiny.info
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunga
    His pant muscles aren't as big as ours...

The tier 5 abilitie for 25% incorp seems to be impossible to maintain out of maybe a boss fight, even if fully charged. 100 sp is quite expensive for an ability to turn on. Compare this to the 6th level dark monk ability or even the shadow dancer one and you can see this needs work.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

primal needs an epic version of flame blade, spirit blades that do a different type of damage (force?) and have special effects vs constructs undead and abberrations(deconstruction on crit, disruption, extra crit multiplier?) also make em blue and glowy(blue axiomatic effect instead of red fire)
    Formerly Rathic of harvestgain

tested some of the changes with patch 1
    Stormrage works consistently with melee and ranged attacks.
    confirmed
    Primal Travel now grants +10 Tumble and 50% dodge (ignoring cap) for 12 seconds after use and has greatly increased cooldown.
    only lasting for 3-4 seconds (no timer on the buff icon) and granting 100% dodge.
    Autumn Harvest healing area quadrupled in size.
    was soloing, unable to test
    Elder Dryad gains +200 spellpower and loses Mass Cure Critical wounds, which she liked to heal enemies with.
    didn't test
    Insidious Spores no longer contaminates you, your party members, or your hirelings. Deals up to 24d6 poison damage every two seconds with maximum stacks. Doubled the area of effect when a creature dies, lowered the chance for a given nearby enemy to catch the spores.
    tentatively confirmed (was a shiradi proc)
    Seasonal auras only affect fellow party members, or summons/charms of the Primal Avatar. Enemy monsters should no longer benefit from Chill of Winter, etc.
    confirmed that this is working.
    Tsunami and Gust of Wind cast by party members/hirelings no longer knock down halfling party members, nor affect party members/hirelings in anyway.
    was soloing, cannot confirm.
    Adumbrate, Sienn, Selket, Synaxis, Ognwe-, Halpin, Sivva, Bigstick, Jemus, Colichemarde

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    only lasting for 3-4 seconds (no timer on the buff icon) and granting 100% dodge.
    Well I can't see it staying like that. You become invincible to nonspell attacks. Just by alternating this ability with a cheap spell or a few attacks.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    Well I can't see it staying like that. You become invincible to nonspell attacks. Just by alternating this ability with a cheap spell or a few attacks.
    And why not? It's exactly how Shadowdancers meld into darkness has been working for many many months now.

In fact I bet he copy and pasted the effect. Same duration. And long cooldown too. (iirc 1 or 2 mins)

I see no reason for it to be arbitrarily weaker in all aspects. It's already worse in the fact is sends you flying backwards which is never really useful.

Maybe you missed the added cooldown part.. You can't maintain it.. Just works like a shorter duration, but stronger version of uncanny dodge now mostly.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Maybe you missed the added cooldown part.. You can't maintain it.. Just works like a shorter duration, but stronger version of uncanny dodge now mostly.
    This is exactly the case, sorry. That being there, I can agree that its not a big deal the way it is. I suppose now it may be useful for those, "Oh **** I have to get out of this and run!" and "Oh **** I'm going to die!" situations.

I was imagining you constantly stepping back, casting a spell (or dashing forward and attacking once or twice), stepping back, casting a spell, etc, essentially keeping 100% dodge 100% of the time, while it would be limited in exactly what you could do that way, it would make you extraordinarily hard to kill. With a decent cooldown this concern is completely gone.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Quote Originally Posted by noinfo View Post
    The tier 5 abilitie for 25% incorp seems to be impossible to maintain out of maybe a boss fight, even if fully charged. 100 sp is quite expensive for an ability to turn on. Compare this to the 6th level dark monk ability or even the shadow dancer one and you can see this needs work.
    So I went and tried it in a controlled environment to see if it can be remotely sustained and was not even able to do it on the training dummy. Makes for a complete waste of a tier 5 ability that could actually be useful but currently isn't.
    Milacias of Kyber

Leader of the Crimson Eagles Kyber

Say what do you all think about the tier 6 epic moment avatar of nature? Still trying to process it. I am not sure what the devs intend. I am not sure how this compares to unbridled Fury the tier 6 fury of the wild moment. Anyway, I do not see anything in the release notes about potentially changing it. What do you all think?
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Say what do you all think about the tier 6 epic moment avatar of nature? Still trying to process it. I am not sure what the devs intend. I am not sure how this compares to unbridled Fury the tier 6 fury of the wild moment. Anyway, I do not see anything in the release notes about potentially changing it. What do you all think?
    I use it occasionally "for funzies," but between not being able to cast spells because of the built in rage effect and the super slow attack animation (which does actually correspond with die rolls) I don't actually think it's worth using in a "real" situation.

My wolf form attacks so much faster than this form that even with the increased damage from AoN, my DPS doesn't increase going into AoN, but my casting ability is taken away, and my movement is severely hindered. I'll probably drop it once the "shiny" wears off and pick up spirit boon.

Community Member

Hi,

I levelled through PA after reaching cap recently, and there seemed to be some good things in there.

The ability I liked best was the knockdown effect from the third rank of balanced attacks. Enemies seemed to be helpless while they were knocked down, which meant a big increase to dps with sense weakeness twisted in, as well as some nice incidental CC.

Thanks.
    Astrican on Khyber

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    I use it occasionally "for funzies," but between not being able to cast spells because of the built in rage effect and the super slow attack animation (which does actually correspond with die rolls) I don't actually think it's worth using in a "real" situation.

My wolf form attacks so much faster than this form that even with the increased damage from AoN, my DPS doesn't increase going into AoN, but my casting ability is taken away, and my movement is severely hindered. I'll probably drop it once the "shiny" wears off and pick up spirit boon.
    Hmm i do not think you understand what this can do. Try this in different situations doing different things. I see other folks have not chosen to respond. What have you..
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Hmm i do not think you understand what this can do. Try this in different situations doing different things. I see other folks have not chosen to respond. What have you..
    Care to share what other uses you've found for it?

I've used it to:
    take out spiders that spawn around Lloth (often to my death due to not being able to heal myself)
    attempt to deal more damage to Lloth
    attempt to deal more damage to the LoB
    attempt to temporarily tank the LoB
    CC trash (this is moderately effective, but not as effective as Earthquake is)
    kill trash

I'll admit that the only class that I've used it extensively is in spellcasting classes, which this form hurts the most. It might be more effective on say my Barb, but it seems silly that this would be a tier 6 ability that benefits classes other than the class it was "designed from" more than said class.

I'd love for this to be something that I continue to use, as the animation is neat and it's obvious a lot of time and thought went into it, but the spellcasting prevention really makes this not worth the AP, IMO.

Community Member

Hopefully not a huge necro, but this is a good thread anyways.

Going to take Primal on one of my toons and had a quick question.
    The Avatar of Nature is a joke right? I've seen it in action and the boosts it gives are crazy; however, reading up on the description is says it costs 35 SP, costs 1 Spirit, and has a 5 second cooldown.

This IS a joke right? I mean, this is a very nice ability in my opinion, and can be used in many situations. The 5 second cooldown makes it great to use and trashes the need to worry about having it on cooldown next time it is needed. 35 SP... Wow, that's like, nothing anyways. And as for the Spirits, hell you get one each melee attack, spell cast, or offensive spell cast, so you'd never run out of those.

So is there something I'm missing here? Because basing judgement off of the Divine ED I'm using for my FvS (Exalted Angle), the 'capstone' requires 50 spells to be cast (resetting at shrines) before becoming active, is only a 2 minute duration, barely does anything helpful (+100 light and healing power which honestly isn't all that much), and has a 30 MINUTE cooldown.

So was there something I'm missing, or is this 'capstone' so-to-speak of Primal Avatar just way freaking better than others?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Clemeit View Post
    Hopefully not a huge necro, but this is a good thread anyways.

Going to take Primal on one of my toons and had a quick question.
    The Avatar of Nature is a joke right? I've seen it in action and the boosts it gives are crazy; however, reading up on the description is says it costs 35 SP, costs 1 Spirit, and has a 5 second cooldown.

This IS a joke right? I mean, this is a very nice ability in my opinion, and can be used in many situations. The 5 second cooldown makes it great to use and trashes the need to worry about having it on cooldown next time it is needed. 35 SP... Wow, that's like, nothing anyways. And as for the Spirits, hell you get one each melee attack, spell cast, or offensive spell cast, so you'd never run out of those.

So is there something I'm missing here? Because basing judgement off of the Divine ED I'm using for my FvS (Exalted Angle), the 'capstone' requires 50 spells to be cast (resetting at shrines) before becoming active, is only a 2 minute duration, barely does anything helpful (+100 light and healing power which honestly isn't all that much), and has a 30 MINUTE cooldown.

So was there something I'm missing, or is this 'capstone' so-to-speak of Primal Avatar just way freaking better than others?
    didnt realize the EA epic moment had that long of a cooldown but it requires 100 spells to be cast, which due to the free/low sp cost spells from the destiny it doesnt take much SP to get there. +100 spell power for healing/light is a massive buff since it stacks with everything (max/empower/that/spellpower will get most at like 600spell power, for healing and light) not to mention it gives 50% incorp, so added defense, and light/healing spells go to 1/5 cooldown and 50% sp cost. plus you gain
    angelic form (type outsider good, angel)(Any time you cast light damage spell, chance to gain temporary spell points. Any time you cast single target cure spells on a target, chance to give the target temporary HP. Any time you smite an enemy, chance to gain temporary HP. Your Angelic Presence and Astral Vibrance abilities do not have health requirements while in Angelic form. Astral Vibrance has no spell point drain while you are in Angelic form)
    so you got a non sp/hp requiring healing aura. plus chances to get temp SP/hp, extra defense, extra spell power, lower cooldown and sp cost, for 2minutes. Plus it can revive you from the dead back to full HP, in addtion to getting an extra 100-1000 dmg per attack. That is a great ability, Sure the cooldown seems long but when used right it could be a savior.

Primal avatar you get 1 spirit every 3 seconds per attack/healing spell/offensive spell, which since you cant cast spells your restricted to 1 spirit every 3 seconds while in form, Your capped off at 30spirit, and it costs a spirit to activate plus 1/size every 2 seconds. so eventually it'll be costing you 3-4spirit every 2 seconds (spirit will go down as such even if your attacking something, 30/28/26/22/19/15/11/7/3/0), so at most it lasts for around 16-18 seconds max.

And it doesnt attack right whiles it changing size (so for the first 6 seconds your not attacking normally which means your get like 1-2 attacks in first 6 seconds thats already 1/3 of the duration) and while the damage is nice, the attack speed is too slow, plus you cant heal yourself, the extra con/str is nice, but if your hp drops too low then you'd die once the transformation wears off. Out of the 18sec (max) that it is active you attack maybe 6-9 times due to attack speed, for about 700-1200 a hit (6300-10800 dmg may seem like alot but not when most things got 30k+hp),

if they up the attack speed to a normal attack speed, took away the 1spirit/size cost (so you actually get 30+seconds of use) then it would be a great epic ability.

Community Member

Default Symetric Strike nerfed

um...Symetric Strike is now 3%.
    Really?Its not OP at all...

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789