Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Concerning Ephemeral Evolution.... 1 PRR doesn't make much of a difference. Could it be increased to 2 or 3 per stack, perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by HatsuharuZ View Post
    Concerning Ephemeral Evolution.... 1 PRR doesn't make much of a difference. Could it be increased to 2 or 3 per stack, perhaps?
    Look at it more as 5 PRR total in practice. And remember, that's only rank one. This can be upgraded.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    An ability that costs spellpoints is unlikely to refill a blue bar.

Eternal Return provides hp at an exorbitant cost in sp.
    I didn't like the FVS glowing body ability that was similar to this, so this one is also a big turn off.

Quote Originally Posted by Diyon View Post
    ...you must have misread something. Tsunami is DC 10 + Wisdom modifier + Character level. Snowslide is 19+ WIS mod.

End wise, that makes it 35+wis mod for tsunami, versus 19+wis mod for snow slide. So snowslide isn't 9 higher DC, it's 16 lower.
    You're absolutely right. I didn't misread, but I did forget that Snow Slide doesn't add level. I apologize for my error.

So, now that I have my facts straight, consider Tsunami a "Not bad, I dig it" in my book.
    Last edited by Expalphalog; 10-08-2012 at 02:31 PM. Reason: formatting
    Bronies: For those who get it, no explanation is needed; for those who don't, none will do.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Angelus_dead View Post
    If the Barb did twist that, it wouldn't do anything because he has 0 Spirit points without also getting Strength Of Spirit.
    True. I was speaking more of the base ability: "While below 50% health, you gain 12 health and lose one spirit and 4 SP every two seconds." For non-blue bars with SP to burn, this isn't a bad ability if it could be twisted (and without the Spirit points). I could even see it being used by Paladins and Rangers as an additional source for healing.

But as an Autogrant, it's a bit of miss.

Quote Originally Posted by oberon131313 View Post
    Insidious Spores:
    Active (3 tiers) (30 SP activation) (12 sec cooldown) (Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge) (SR: no)
    Target enemy becomes contaminated with spores for 6 seconds. Every 2 seconds the target takes 1d4 Poison and Rust damage, plus 1d4 per three character levels. Stacks up to 4 times.
    Something sounds wrong with this. stacks to four, six second duration, twelve second cooldown... how exactly does it stack?
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    Something sounds wrong with this. stacks to four, six second duration, twelve second cooldown... how exactly does it stack?
    Hmmmmm... ah... well, you see... ummmm...

A party full of primal avatars? That's all I got.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

If you have a mob that caught it from contagious spores you could cast it on them again for another stack I assume.

Contagious Spores:
    Passive (Requires Insidious Spores) (2AP)
    Enemies infected with Insidious Spires become carriers of sickness after a short incubation perioud. When they die, other enemies nearby have a 20% chance to become infected or gain another stack of infection.

Stormrage:
    Active (2 AP) (50SP to activate) (12 sec cooldown) (SR: No) (Quicken)
    Enemies damaged by your attacks or spells are also struck by lightning, dealing 1d100 electric damage, halved on a reflex save vs. DC 50. Lightning strikes up to one enemy each second. You also gain featherfall and Deflect Arrows. Lasts 12 seconds.
    50 sp to activate, 12 second cooldown, 12 second duration...

Suggestion: Make it a toggle that costs 4-5 sp per second it is active, it would end up being the exact same effect just requiring less micromanagement.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Summon Dryad Elder
    Active (2 AP) (50SP to activate) (30 sec cooldown) (SR: No) (Quicken)
    Summon a Dryad Elder. She uses her magic for damage spells as well as support and healing.
    I hope this is not a pathetic level 12-15 mob like all the other "epic" summons. If it is please don't waste your time coding it.
    Matt Walsh:

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

I hope this is not a pathetic level 12-15 mob like all the other "epic" summons. If it is please don't waste your time coding it.
    No but it uses hireling AI without the possibility of telling it to do something else.

So it will fight when you want a heal and heal when your at full health

Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    Most Spirit-using stances you can simply turn on and forget about, if you want. Such as +30 spellpower or +2 to all mental or physical ability scores. When you run out of Spirit you cease getting the benefit, but it comes back as soon as you gain some Spirit. This is intentionally different from many stances in order to reduce feelings of managing Spirit being a 'chore'.
    In the case of the +2 stats, that funtionility will not only make it a chore, but it will get you killed and be utterly unuseable.

Why? You'll get massive umd lag like crazy. The way it works now is you constantly pop up from 0 to 1 charges, and lag really bad as your charisma score changes.

Exact reason spellsinger was recently changed for similar functionality.

And yea as other mentioned, spirit charges are broken. Its actaully the same bug that plagues many charge mechanics, such as masters blitz and exalted angels:
    If you lose two stacks consecutively, you can never recharge them. (Until you hit 0 in the case of sprit, that seems to restart it, but it breaks again when you lose 2, which can happen instantly due to its design). Being that drain so very fast - The decay plus the cost for any togles stack together and make them drain very fast, often two exactly as the same moment, theres really no preventing it from being quite probablimatic.

I'll post my full report, on at least what I can try with my limited xp (do a dev event) so far in the next post.

Default 10/8 report

Ok I'm only gona comment on things i've actauly used now, due to the terrible UI that doesnt let you see later ranks, and too frequently things not working per descript.

Insidious Spores:

Rank 1 Description:
    Active (3 tiers) (30 SP activation) (12 sec cooldown) (Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge) (SR: no)
    Target enemy becomes contaminated with spores for 6 seconds. Every 2 seconds the target takes 1d4 Poison and Rust damage, plus 1d4 per three character levels. Stacks up to 4 times.

Um from the description alone you can clearly see this ability is broken.
    EG: 6 second duration, 12 second cooldown.. And states "stacks up to 4 times". You cannot stack it at all, as it expires before you can recast.

Rank2/3: duration goes p to 12/18 seconds. So it becomes stackable, doesn't change the fact rank 1 is bugged. It's also just plain rather weak damage. Additionally, it doesnt appear to properly flagged as a spell, as it cannot critical (I had arcane lore and let it fully tick on a huge hp bosses for several mins at 4x stacks, zero crits). Also doesnt give caster level feedback to indicate if its scaling correctly.

Suggestions:
    - Let it stack imediately as the description says, instead of crippling the duration for low ranks, have them all be 18 seconds, and ramp up the the damage for higher ranks:
    1: 1d4 as now
    2: 1d4 +2
    2: 1d4 +4
    - Make it function like a proper spell. Change description to:
    Target enemy becomes contaminated with spores for 18 seconds. Every 2 seconds the target takes 1d4+4 Poison and Rust damage, plus 1d4+4 per three character levels, plus applicable caster level bonuses from equipment. Counts as an evocation spell.
    Stacks up to 4 times.

EG: +caster lvl for spells from equipment would apply to it. This is exactly how energy burst and other spells from draconic function, so borrow that code.
    - Fix it so arcane lore applies correctly to allow it to critical.

Friends of Nature:
    Active (Cost 2 EDP)
    You call forth a small nature animal, providing a bonus to nearby allies.

Argh. An aura effect and a summon, combining two of the games very buggy/frequently undesireable features.
    You know paladin auras have been bugged for over 6 years and remains bugged, trying to build an ED around aura effects just doesnt make sense.
    This ones no better:
    If you on any character who runs faster then regular hasted speed, you outrun the summon and lose the benefits.
    Then theres teh bad summon AI: This one seems to be coded like Ana when set to not fight - EG: It doesnt fight, but it runs away from monsters. Meaning in most battles, you also wont get the benefits from the aura.

Though issues aside, even if I could have there buffs 100% of the time, I would never take any these. 2 AP for some very weak buffs you wont have when you really want them? (most are minor skill buffs, best one i saw was a whole +10 sonic spell power).. not worth it.
    I don't really see the solution to this one. Historically the games summons have always been really poor, seems almost like intended design at this point.
    Last edited by Shade; 10-08-2012 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    If you have a mob that caught it from contagious spores you could cast it on them again for another stack I assume.
    Doesn't change the wrong description.
    It says it can stack. It doesnt say "If you also have this sub enhancement and do something incredibly arbitrary and unlikely, it may stack"

(...)
    This provides unique effects at each rank.(...)
    I just wanna hammer home this point that has come up a few times in this thread:

How is any character supposed to know how to build/plan/evaluate Destiny abilities, if they have no idea what higher ranks of those abilities actually give?

Can you please get the Destiny (or UI) team on changing up the Destiny UI to have a means of showing what each rank of Destiny abilities actually do? the Destiny "windows" themselves wouldn't even have to be altered, only the rollover tooltips need to be tweaked, either to show one box per rank with a description of what those ranks do with all boxes appearing on rollover, or have asingle all-encompassing description similar to what we see on DDO wiki (e.g. "This ability gives +2/3/4 bonus to reflex saves, and at rank 3 gives Balance +10").

One of the oldest complaints about DDO was that it was difficult, if not impossible, to figure out how anything functioned without referencing outside sources. For the most part, it seems the development team has tried to bring a little more clarity to its players. Please continue in that fine tradition of player empowerment through knowledge, rather than character building via throwing darts :P

To review for the much nerf'd twf builds...

Autogrants:

Strength of Spirit:
    Active (5 sec cooldown)
    When you hit with a melee attack, or cast a spell on an ally, or cast an offensive spell on an enemy, you gain 1 Spirit. Each of these three categories triggers only once every three seconds. You can have up to 30 Spirit. Spirit decays at a rate of one every 9 seconds. Toggle: You gain +30 Universal Spell Power. Costs 1 Spirit to activate and 1 Spirit every six seconds. (Stays toggled on until manually turned off.)

by itself no use to twf

Level 1 -
    Magic of Nature:
    Passive
    +50 SP per level of Primal Avatar
    You gain caster levels equal to your Primal Avatar level for Druid and Ranger sells, if you have any levels in those classes.

no use to twf

Level 2 -
    Primal Travel:
    Active (1 sec cooldown)
    You quickly jump backwards several times. Costs 1 Spirit.

unsure until we would see combat use.

Level 3 -
    Mighty Among Spirits:
    Passive
    +20 HP
    Spirit decays every 15 seconds instead of every 9 seconds.

hp are always useful but 20hp is < +2 con at this point so a limited upgrade.

Level 4 -
    Eternal Return:
    Active (5 sec cooldown)
    Toggle: While below 50% health, you gain 12 health and lose one spirit and 4 SP every two seconds. Costs 1 Spirit to activate. (Stays toggled on until manually turned off.)

for max of 60 sec of use for 360 heal. useful but fast healing is probably better.

Level 5 -
    Walk with the Spirits:
    Active (5 sec cooldown) (100 SP, 1 Spirit to activate)
    You become invisible and ethereal to monsters, and gain +30 Hide and Move Silently. This consumes 1 Spirit each second. (Turns off if you run out of Spirit.)

do you gain concelment? if so would be useful.

0 points spent =

Ephemeral Evolution:
    Passive (3 tiers)
    When you take physical damage, you gain +1 Physical Resistance for 3 seconds. This stacks up to 5 times, up to once per second. Stacks fade away 1 at a time.

+1 pr = .005% dr if i recall. max 5% dr so 7.5 hp off a 300 hp swing. your still dead in 3 hits not useful enough.

Rejuvination Cocoon:
    Active (3 tiers) (12 SP activation) (12 sec cooldown) (Empower, Empower Heal, Maximize, Quicken, Enlarge) (SR: no)
    Protect target ally with a shield of 90 temporary HP for 30 seconds. Heals 2d10 HP every 2 seconds while the shield persists.

decent but is it self targetable? if not then meh.

Insidious Spores:

twf wouldn't really care other than the little extra damage. blah...

Friends of Nature:
    Active
    You call forth a small nature animal, providing a bonus to nearby allies.

what does it do, does it impact the character or just allies.

Strength or Wisdom:
    Passive (2AP) (Multiple Enhancement Selector)
    +1 Strength or Wisdom

4 points spent =

Seeking Balance:
    Passive (3 tiers)
    You gain +1 Reflex Saving Throws, +2 Tumble, and +2 Balance while shapeshifted into an animal form, wielding two weapons, or unarmed. These are Primal bonuses. Skill bonuses required already having at least one rank in the skill.

not useful enough for a tier 2 should be tier 1

Supple as Spring:
    Passive (3 tiers)
    Nearby allies gain +1% Primal Bonus to Dodge if they have been damaged im combat in the past six seconds.

does it stack? how high?

Contagious Spores:
    Passive (Requires Insidious Spores) (2AP)
    Enemies infected with Insidious Spires become carriers of sickness after a short incubation perioud. When they die, other enemies nearby have a 20% chance to become infected or gain another stack of infectio

need more details to know if useful or if stuff will die by other means in the meantime.

Natural Shielding:
    Passive (3 tiers)
    Your summoned and charmed pets, hirelings, and monsters gain +30 maximum HP and +10 PRR.

good for druid. useless for twf

Strength or Wisdom:
    +1 Strength or Wisdom

8 points spent =

Balanced Attacks:
    Passive (3 tiers) (Requires Seeking Balance)
    You gain a +2 Primal bonus to Attack as long as you are shapeshifted into an animal form, wielding two weapons, or unarmed.

if twf can't hit, there is a problem already. make it damage instead.

Summer Smoke:
    Active (toggle?) (3 tiers) (5 sec cooldown)
    Nearby allies have a small chance to deal 5d20 extra fire damage with their attacks.

just allies?

Tsunami:
    Active (2 AP) (50SP to activate) (7 sec cooldown) (SR: no) (Empower, Maximize, Quicken, Heighten, Enlarge)
    Sends forth a wave of water, knocking enemies down and dealing 30 cold damage plus 1d10 per character level and 30 bludgeoning damage plus 1d10 per character level. The cold damage and knockdown are negated on a successful Fortitude save vs. 10 + Wisdom modifier + Character level. Some monsters can resist Tsunami completely, such as Water Elementals and Oozes.

could be interesting with knockdown.

The Oncoming Storm:
    Passive (3 tiers) (requires Natural Shielding)
    Attacks by your summoned and charmed pets, hirelings, and monsters gain a 1% chance to knockdown enemies.

pets for twf would be useless.

Strength or Wisdom:
    +1 Strength or Wisdom

12 points spent =

Paired Parry / Symetric Strikes:
    Passive (Multiple Enhancement Selector) (Requires Balanced Attacks)
    Gain +5 AC or 2% doublestrike, while in animal form, unarmed, or two-weapon fighting.

could be good depending how the OR is. what does twf get ac or doublestrike or is it a choice? should be AND not or for a tier 4.

Autumn Harvest
    Active (3 tiers):
    You and nearby allies have a 10% chance to heal 1d8 when attacking enemies.

interesting... have to see how that works.

Stormrage:
    Active (2 AP) (50SP to activate) (12 sec cooldown) (SR: No) (Quicken)
    Enemies damaged by your attacks or spells are also struck by lightning, dealing 1d100 electric damage, halved on a reflex save vs. DC 50. Lightning strikes up to one enemy each second. You also gain featherfall and Deflect Arrows. Lasts 12 seconds.

that's interesting if consistant, what lag will that cause with constant lighting strikes? will that be a mess visually?
    Summon Dryad Elder
    Active (2 AP) (50SP to activate) (30 sec cooldown) (SR: No) (Quicken)
    Summon a Dryad Elder. She uses her magic for damage spells as well as support and healing.

might be an ok summon but wouldn't improve twf compact other than healing toon. not really twf based.

Strength or Wisdom:
    +1 Strength or Wisdom

16 points spent =

Chill of Winter
    Active (3 tiers) (5 sec cooldown)
    Enemies that damage your nearby allies have a 20% chance to become chilled, receiving 1d20 cold and 1d20 rust damage every two seconds and slowing their attack and movement speed by 5% for 20 seconds.
    This damage can stack up to 10 times.

ok but not twf based.
    Spirit Boon
    Active (toggle?) (Multiple Enhancement Selector)
    Temporarily gain +2 Primal bonus to all physical abilities (Str, Dex, Con) or mental abilities (Int, Wis, Cha).

ok but +2 is meh for a tier 5 ability. lets compare this to something say like energy burst for sorcs... no contest and that is a tier 4.

Strength or Wisdom:
    +1 Strength or Wisdom

20 points spent =

Symetric Strikes / Natural Evasion:
    Passive (2AP ?) (Multiple Enhancement Selector)
    Gain +1 critical damage multiplier or Evasion, while in animal form, unarmed, or two-weapon fighting.

This is nice for the damage but not super awesome like the other tier 5 if it's just evasion then not much use to a ranger who already has evasion. could it give improved evasion if you have evasion?

Active (2 AP) (35SP to activate) (5 sec cooldown)
    You become an Avatar of Nature (Wood woad?) Every 3 seconds, you gain +1 size, +2 strength, +2 Constitution, a large bonus to damage based on size, and lose some movement speed, stacking up to size 4.

Size 1+: +50 size bonus to PRR

Size 2+: When you attack enemies they become poisoned, taking 2d10 poison damage every 2 seconds for several seconds. This poison stacks up to 5 times.

Size 3+: Enemies attacking you have a chance to become diseased, dealing 1d4 Constitution damage every two seconds for 10 seconds.

Size 4: The ground shakes when you put your foot down. Your third attack while standing still knocks down nearby enemies and deals extra bludgeoning damage in an area.

This costs 1 Spirit every few seconds per size you've gained (Turns off if you run out of Spirit.)
    could be interesting.
    Proud member of Caffeine - we aint stragicially savy, but we get &@#$% done.

Kilthar-Thar-Delkanthalus-Carissa-Mirasina-Ktara-Imara-Thistle-Klunk-Robothar-Minithar-Tharissa-Miriella

Community Member

This is intended to be one of many options for two weapon fighters, not necessary overtly better than the other destinies already strong for TWF.
    I laughed, good one there mate
    Various hedge-wizards and halfwits, please see MyDDO for all your squelching needs
    Lyrandar 2006 - Devourer 2007 - Thelanis 2009 - Ghallanda 2010

The ED has some interesting potential, and some potent basic conceptions, but the overall end result, even accounting for rank growth, is recollectant of, though not as significantly troubled, as the early Fatesinger build.

I'm assuming that, having much less demands than during the expansion's release, Primal Avatar will at least get the amount of attention Fatesinger did, and will become as developed as Brecca made that destiny end up, rather than end up as lightly touched up as Magister was/is.

Points of note:
    Spirit storing seems a bit underdeveloped.
    Innate abilities seem a mite underwhelming, with Walk with the Spirits seeming to use spirit a bit too fast, and Eternal Return seeming useless at the high levels for which it is available.

Assuming Ephemeral Evolution's higher ranks are more potent/longer lasting, it looks fine.
    Likewise for Cocoon, though the temp hp ought really be more notable at higher tiers.
    Hard to really tell how spores and friends of nature'll do off-hand.

Supple as Spring seems interesting due to being passive, though a lot will depend on how long/how high its benefits stack to.
    Seeking Balance seems entirely and utterly useless.
    Contagious Spores should probably have a 25%-30% proc rate rather than 20%, if it's going to be a 2EDP 1-tier ability.
    Natural Shielding again depends on how it develops at higher tiers, and perhaps could benefit from energy-based defenses at higher tiers as well. A lot depends on how high the PRR gets to, of course. Either way, it looks like it may end up being an uncommonly actually-useful pet ability.

Balanced Attacks: Looks rather...bland. Even for a passive, it's underwhelming. I'd assume the higher tiers to have more function than just +2 attack/tier. Even with the new combat system- or perhaps BECAUSE of it, +2 attack (or even +6) leans toward pass-over-worthy.

Summer Smoke:
    So long as this isn't something you need to constantly refresh to being active, it looks great.

Tsunami:
    I'm not even sure what to make of this. As an ED spell ability, it's great in every way, but the fact that it can make most any class into an effective cold-based spellcaster with high enough wisdom seems a bit peculiar.
    Perhaps that's just my own view on it- though there is something to be said for the originality of effect of doubling the cooldown and giving it a small chance to immediately autocast itself again (eg, the waves of a Tsunami).

The Oncoming Storm:
    Great effect idea, way, way too low proc rate. Definitely needs tweaking. I'd assume 5% per tier at the least, thus equating it more suitably to the D20 system.

Paired Parry/Symetric Strikes:
    Looks good. The most useful twist, perhaps, and one of the only two abilities that REALLY works for two weapon fighting builds- this Destiny definitely doesn't work as a primary for TWF as stands, and really just serves to offer this ability as a twist.

Autumn Harvest: Again, the usefulness of this depends on if we have to constantly reactivate it or not. If so, it's useless, if not, the usefulness is based on how potent the higher tiers make it.

Stormrage: Comparing it to the Legendary Dreadnought abilities, and taking into account its SP cost, it looks good and well balanced.

Summon Dryad Elder: Has potential.

Chill of Winter, Spirit Boon: Same as Autumn Harvest and Summer Smoke, if this doesn't have to be constantly refreshed, it could be excellent.

Symetric Strikes:
    Excellent ability, love it. If only the rest of the Destiny was more suited toward TWF and unarmed combat, this ability would definitely lean players toward using it for such.

Seems as if it should grow you at one step per five seconds instead of per three, so as not to rush you through the steps so fast- visually speaking, if nothing else- but otherwise it looks to be the most fun epic moment created so far.
    The main problem I see here is, unlike other Destinies, Primal Avatar's abilities mostly depend on the exact same 'counter' as its epic moment does, and thus you can't really stack abilities well. Perhaps some tweaking to the max stack size or other factors to account for that.

So, in summary:
    Not enough support for combat, for summoner builds, or for offensive casters. Hard to tell what the destiny is aimed toward.
    Some clever abilities.
    Some interesting twists.
    Many potentially underdeveloped abilities.
    Last edited by Dagolar; 10-08-2012 at 08:13 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraphim View Post
    Fly? That would break every quest in the game. You would see folks falling from the sky in Korthos and dying. It would be a rain of newbs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dandonk View Post
    Yeah. It's not "we nuked the city from orbit", it's "the city experienced a brief population drop". Check.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagolar View Post
    Tsunami:
    I'm not even sure what to make of this. As an ED spell ability, it's great in every way, but the fact that it can make most any class into an effective cold-based spellcaster with high enough wisdom seems a bit peculiar.
    Perhaps that's just my own view on it- though there is something to be said for the originality of effect of doubling the cooldown and giving it a small chance to immediately autocast itself again (eg, the waves of a Tsunami).
    Hardly. It's a spell ability, and thus affected by spell power. Classes that dont get or specialize in spell power will find it incredibly weak like any other spell ED. The whole idea of making it based on "char level" instead of caster level is very backwards to me. It causes casters to lose out from +bonus CL (something druids get automatically and this is a druid ed), and benefits who? Not non casters because using these abilitys on them is a huge mistake, they will do pathetic damage regardless of what caster level they are casting it at.

EG:
    My sorcerer can get over +600 spell power with that (counting max/emp).. EG: 700% of the base damage. At least for the bludgeoning portion, slighty lower for the cold.
    My barbarian gets um zero spell power usually, or ocassiaonly maybe 40 if i use madstone boosts. Now thats 140% base dmg. Except in reality its 0%, because it costs spell points and barbarians dont get spell points.

If anything, I don't like the fact its geared towards wisdom casters only. As the main nuking classes that would very much like to twist this (Sor/wiz) both get screwed over as they are cha/int based.

The base DC50 thing stormrage has is a step in the right direction, and should be applied to tsunami as well. It's the highest cost ED spell ability in the game period, its a higher tier ability. It should be powerful. A solid fixed DC would solve that. Else make it at least use the highest of wisdom, cha or int.
    Last edited by Shade; 10-08-2012 at 09:58 PM.

50 sp to activate, 12 second cooldown, 12 second duration...

Suggestion: Make it a toggle that costs 4-5 sp per second it is active, it would end up being the exact same effect just requiring less micromanagement.
    This. Great suggestion, leaves a good looking ability exactly as is without having to be mircomanaging more buttons. Especially since missing reactivation is more costly than say being a second or two late on a cleave cooldown.

Additional suggestion: Do the above but make it deactivate like Archer's focus does after not hitting anything for X number of seconds. That way lag won't burn up SP, or people won't have to worry about activating/deactivated before and after fights, I can just see it now someone who forgets to deactivate to check deal with their LFM posting or something and burns 200+ something SP because of it.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast