Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by dejafu View Post
    Anybody take screenshots of what the new armors look like when equipped?
    Whisperchain:

Shadowmail:

Hurray, more asymmetrical shoulder pad designs...

At least the Whisperchain covers most of the body, except for some small areas at the arms.

Edit: Actually, I really like the look of the Whisperchain armor, except for the shoulderpad/buckler/helm/whatever on the left shoulder.
    Last edited by Tocawe; 11-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.

Well IMO those are some really nice well designed items. I like items that make you scratch your head to figure out how they could best be used.

I'm surprised people are poo-pooing the the bracers. Blurry, resistance +7, and exceptional seeker +5? I'm definitely thinking about using those on my Pally with the PDK set and a challenge cloak.

Boots are a new best in slot for a lot of builds.

I could see the gloves becoming popular at some later point if 30% becomes available in other slots. They're really quite good in their own right, it's just a hard slot to give up for essentially all melees.

While I really didn't like it at first I'm also starting to appreciate the lack of epic slots on new gear. It makes experimenting with new gear so much less costly.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

Cute.
    I will seek out the shield for something that's useful situationally on my tankiest toon.
    The rest of the lot gets a big pass on all others. For my 7 various builds, this stuff is totally outclassed by existing gear across the board.
    Greebles - 20 Wiz WF, Kyarane - 20 Paladin Human, Shandria - 18 Pal / 2 Mnk Human, Grinhold - 20 FvS helf: Cannith

Quote Originally Posted by Tocawe View Post
    Hurray, more asymmetrical shoulder pad designs...

At least the Whisperchain covers most of the body, except for some small areas at the arms.

Edit: Actually, I really like the look of the Whisperchain armor, except for the shoulderpad/buckler/helm/whatever on the left shoulder.
    I also really like the look on whisperchain. The asymmetrical shoulder armor doesn't bother me because that actually has some basis in reality. What I don't like is when they are so unrealistically freaking large. So Whisperchain is fine, that's perfectly reasonably sized. Shadowmail on the other hand...

The boots are awesome for anyone who remotely cares about dex. It gets it out of the way into a slot that's often filled 30% striders of some sort anyways, while ALSO giving you ghostly.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

Community Member

Those are neck guards, not "shoulder pads". It's not an 80s jacket.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Quote Originally Posted by Tocawe View Post
    It looks almost exactly like some random gen armor my bard is wearing -- it looks nice, but not exactly a new design.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vargouille View Post
    it will go on and on and on to level 999

Pretty sure Shadowmail is a palette swap of Firebreak, in black.

And the fact that the orb lacks any kind of lore makes it almost worthless to use. I'd much rather have a superior lore than the spell penetration IX, since that's easily available in other places.

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Pretty sure Shadowmail is a palette swap of Firebreak, in black.
    For the bolted on accessories. The skin underneath is different though.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234