Default Feats Selections

Hey all.Recently i just dusted off my pally based on Dark-Star's Dark Knight build.Although the toon is very viable it seems kinda dated since the intro of Epic Destinies.I did not follow Dark-Star's build to the core and i did change it ard to suit my play style.Can anyone help me to see if the feats i've selected is viable for Epics. What im lookin for in this toon is the ability to be self sufficient and also be able to turtle tank with intim when the need arises.Below are the feats which i have selected.Mind you tat the toon is currently at lvl 15.

Feats :
    1)Toughness
    Power Attack (Human Bonus)
    3)Cleave
    6)Maximise
    9)Improve Critical : Slashing
    Great Cleave (Fighter Bonus)
    12)Shield Mastery
    15)Empower Healing
    18)Quicken
    Improved Shield Mastery (Fighter Bonus)
    21)Overwhelming Critical
    24) ???

As you can see,feats that i have chose are for both survivability and shield feats to help when im required to wield a shield.Im currently stuck as to what feat to take at lvl 24.Suggestions are greatly welcomed.

Thanks in advance for any advise given.

Community Member

Wink

What I did with my second life Human Pally is:

2 Monk instead of 2 Fighter, same number of feats but I get evasion, gives me 3/3/3 to saves instead of the 3 Fort you get from the fighter levels. I'm not a pajama tank, I wear light armor when I need the evasion and heavy armor when I don't, I can swap out the armor and still maintain my viability as a tank. Also my level progression is different as I took Monk at level 1 and level 8 which unlocked balance, jump, etc early and gave me evasion at level 8.

LEVEL 1: STR 15, DEX 14, CON 15, INT 12, WIS 11, CHA 13
    LEVEL 25: STR 42, DEX 28, CON 36, INT 17, WIS 25, CHA 26 (Ship Buffs, no Yugo Pots, All level ups STR)

That's 34 point build, +3 tomes, and my gear which is meh and easily optainable

LEVEL 1 DODGE (MONK FEAT), MOBILITY, BASTARD SWORD PROFICIENCY (HUMAN BONUS FEAT)
    LEVEL 3 COMBAT EXPERTISE
    LEVEL 6 SPRING ATTACK
    LEVEL 8 TOUGHNESS (MONK FEAT)
    LEVEL 9 WHIRLWIND ATTACK (5 SECOND COOLDOWN, 4W DAMAGE, 360 DEGREES OF ATTACK)
    LEVEL 12 IMPROVED CRITICAL SLASHING
    LEVEL 15 TOWER SHIELD PROFICIENCY
    LEVEL 18 SHIELD MASTERY
    LEVEL 21 EPIC BULWARK OF DEFENSE
    LEVEL 24 IMPROVED SHIELD MASTERY

AC in heavy armor (Purple Dragon Knight) 145, 5% dodge, 15% double strike, 123 PRR with Tower Shield
    AC in Light Armor 128, 12% dodge, 15% double strike, 103 PRR with Large Shield
    Keep in mind that your dodge percentage will drop to your Max Dex Bonus if you use Tower Shield with Light armor

Saves aren't an issue, with ship buffs and casting resistance on myself all saves are 50's to 60's

Whrilwind attack is pretty awesome, the cool down is short and you can just see tons of damage pouring out, if you aren't tanking you can go twf even without the feats, or grab a two handed weapon and whirlwind attack is still awesome. Monk levels even let me equip Foreset's Brush Hook off hand, this is mostly when I'm not the tank as removing the shield will cut back on my hate significantly

http://ddowiki.com/page/Forester%27s...Hook_(Level_23)

All the following add tons to your AC, PRR, Hate, and survivability

Stand Against the Tide: : Passive Bonus: +2 Attack.
    Sentinel Stance: (Cooldown 20 seconds) +1 melee damage, 20% threat generation, 5% fort, +1 reflex/fort/will saves. These bonuses increases while standing still, up to 4 times.

Steadfast: Passive Bonus: +1 damage. +1 bonus to reflex/fort/will saves. Can't be knocked down in Stand Against the Tide Stance

Shield prowess: Passive Bonus: Shield AC contribution increased by [15/30/50]%.

Legendary shield mastery: Passive Bonus: While wearing a shield, +[5/10/15] Physical resistance.

Intolerant blow: Active Ability: (Cooldown 7 seconds) Melee attack expand one Smite Evil Deals +3[W] damage and nearby emenies hate you as if you hit them for 1000 damage each.

Endless lay on hands: Passive Bonus: +1 lay on hands use per rest. Lay on hands regenerate one use every 3 minutes and regenerate [0/10/20] faster.

Purify weapon: Passive Bonus: While in Stance: Stand Against the Tide, weapons you equip gain pure good, dealing 1d6 damage vs. non good targets.

Hardened: Passive Bonus: +3/6/9 AC.

Anoint weapon: Passive Bonus: If you are good, while in Stance: Stand Against the Tide, weapons you equip gain holy dealing 2d6 extra damage vs. evil targets.

Corbinianus Crow
    The Whiteknights
    Orien Server

ScreenShot00491 by Aldegund, on Flickr

ScreenShot00492 by Aldegund, on Flickr
    Last edited by Iasthai; 10-09-2012 at 07:35 AM. Reason: Added Screenshots

[QUOTE=Iasthai;4719809]

LEVEL 1 DODGE (MONK FEAT), MOBILITY, BASTARD SWORD PROFICIENCY (HUMAN BONUS FEAT)

thks for the reply.Just a quick question.How did you take Bastard Sword Prof at lvl 1? IIRC Exotic Weapons Prof needs a BAB of 1 in order to choose that feat.