Community Member

Default Failure message when binding at Stone of Change

As a complete novice, no doubt I'm doing something wrong. I put an equipable weapon, ML2, into the stone of change with 4 Khyber Dragonshard Fragments, set it off and just get an ominous rumble and failure message. Is there a minimum crafting level required for success? Any advice appreciated.

Community Member

Ive read somewhere here that they changed the Formula so you need now way more Fragments, think its 444 or so minimum.
    Taenebrae, Daemonsoul, Daemoneyes and Daemonheart of Argonessen
    Glitzakram - Trade Thread

Community Member

As I had a big pile of Dragonshards lying about I just gave this a go to see what would happen; and sure enough an ML2 longsword guzzled through 400 Dragonshards.

Ouch! Still, gets them used up, I suppose...

Quote Originally Posted by gypsythief View Post
    As I had a big pile of Dragonshards lying about I just gave this a go to see what would happen; and sure enough an ML2 longsword guzzled through 400 Dragonshards.

Ouch! Still, gets them used up, I suppose...
    don't worry about this too much soon you'll literally have 10s of thousands of these shards. 400 will be something you find in one collectible pile.

Indeed. If you find yourself needing more, find anyone standing around in the marketplace who is level 20+ and politely ask them if they have any to spare. I know if someone asked me nicely, I'd gladly unload a couple thousand (or more).

EDIT: If you are on Orien, let me know your toon's name and I'll mail you a bunch
    Last edited by RabidApathy; 10-06-2012 at 11:31 AM.

Community Member

Many thanks for the swift and helpful advice, and especially for the very kind offer of fragments, which is much appreciated though I'm on the 'wrong' server. It's reassuring to know that the problem, for once, wasn't my lack of understanding .