Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Curious about the wording there regarding inherent DR. At present, DR application requires blocking or a PRE, and if PRR was meant, that takes additional feats. Something meant to change there, or...?
    My immediate interpretation of this was: A shield with no magical effects can add AC, PRR and DR via feats and/or blocking. An orb with no magical effects cannot add AC, PRR or DR. Magic effects can, of course, do just about anything, so a no ac/prr/dr orb could theoretically gain a 2/- dr, +15 PRR and Shield spell clicky from magical effects.

Quote Originally Posted by stricq View Post
    Archer's focus now cycles down at a slower rate than it cycles up (4 seconds down vs 2 seconds up). I was fighting some bandits on the High Road and managed to get it up to 11 just doing my normal moving around when they get too close.
    Wait, so you mean you gain a stack of archers focus every 2 seconds in comabt/not moving, and lose a stack for every seconds out of combat/not moving? On live, you currently lose all stacks IIRC. If so, this is a nice improvement.

I do not understand what you mean by "normal moving" though. Do you retain you archer focus stacks while moving? I assume you can't get MORE stacks while moving, but do they begin to "Cycle down" as you move and shoot, stay constant as you move and shoot (no gain, no loss) or dissapear entirely as soon as you move? What about Manyshot, does it dispel all archers focus stacks, cause the stacks to cycle down, cause stacks to stay in limbo, or some other effect entirely?

Community Member

nice to see the focus on bug fixes over the next couple of updates happened.......

you guys realize your reaching the point where you could say "water is wet" and people would doubt it because you said it?

Quote Originally Posted by mikemattd50 View Post
    Ancient Giant Relics, Ancient Dragon Relics, Ancient Elven Relics, and all types of Dragonscales, are now ingredients instead of collectables. The next time they are removed from a collectable bag, they will not be able to be placed back inside. Instead, they will be able to be placed into ingredients bags.

wait why are they now ingredients instead of collectables? they were fine in the sorted red bag instead of being in a super packed unsorted green bag.
    ARGH! WHY? I don't have enough room in my ingredients bags as it is, now we have to clutter them even more?

Sigh. Yet another "fix" to something that nobody thought was broken.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by Talon_Moonshadow View Post
    Did Golems really need another nerf?
    ? they never got one.

You can already freeze and earthgrab them on live.

Just yet another ancient release note in the wrong update. Pretty sure you could always freeze them, and they lost their earthgrab immunity the same time all players lost it, so thats fair.

Just yet another wrong release note, no actual changes.

Community Member Buttkierownsmade's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Update 16 is on Lamannia for Early Preview.
    You can find Release Notes at the following location: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774
    Known Issues have not been finalized because it is still under production.

This is not the full update. More will be coming!

There might be some Dev events in the future, so keep an eye out for more information.

I'll see you online!

Hi there, SqueakofDoom, Just wondering but... You are a permenant Coordinator For Lammainia Now? o.O I Loved KookieKobold He was... awesome on sooo many levels As Well as 404error You All Are my fav developers!!!! Please dont ever Move on We beta testers dont want you to leave us. :'( but Welcome!
    "Treat People How you want to be Treated, be friends with me i will be friends back.."

Quote Originally Posted by Release Notes
    Archer's Focus Offensive Ranged Stance: While you are stationary, you gain On Damage: Up to once every 2 seconds, you gain +2% competence bonus to missile damage. This effect can stack up to 15 times. Moving or using the Manyshot ability clears the stack.
    Quote Originally Posted by stricq View Post
    Archer's focus now cycles down at a slower rate than it cycles up (4 seconds down vs 2 seconds up). I was fighting some bandits on the High Road and managed to get it up to 11 just doing my normal moving around when they get too close.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    Wait, so you mean you gain a stack of archers focus every 2 seconds in comabt/not moving, and lose a stack for every seconds out of combat/not moving? On live, you currently lose all stacks IIRC. If so, this is a nice improvement.

I do not understand what you mean by "normal moving" though. Do you retain you archer focus stacks while moving? I assume you can't get MORE stacks while moving, but do they begin to "Cycle down" as you move and shoot, stay constant as you move and shoot (no gain, no loss) or dissapear entirely as soon as you move? What about Manyshot, does it dispel all archers focus stacks, cause the stacks to cycle down, cause stacks to stay in limbo, or some other effect entirely?
    I'm not sure where you're getting your info. moving/manyshot clears the stack... Though i'd like it if it decreased the stack by 1...

though i'm just going by the notes, haven't been on lamma so don't have a clue how it's actually working.
    Last edited by BOgre; 10-05-2012 at 10:57 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by OldCoaly View Post
    I'm delighted... It's all important.
    Agreed. The small stuff matters. Besides which, I'm getting mighty tired of having these awkward conversations with the captain every time I drop off the ship. It's like that guy who just won't quit talking to you, even when you try to walk away... creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I got in after some more messing aroudn with the launcher..
    I'm stuck on "Examine Programs"
    What's the trick / tinkering needed?
    Quote Originally Posted by chipotle47 View Post
    "The definition of success is rebuffing between deaths with great enthusiasm."

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post
    Agreed. The small stuff matters. Besides which, I'm getting mighty tired of having these awkward conversations with the captain every time I drop off the ship. It's like that guy who just won't quit talking to you, even when you try to walk away... creepy.

try restarting your launcher every time you get stuck
    Fallen former minion of the Gelatinous Cube
    Proud Member of Ascent
    Arko Highstar
    Arckos Highstar

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Orbs: Casters only? - or can anyone use one?

UI Change: "A sound now plays when a guild levels up or achieves an optional quest objective."
    Maybe I missed something along the way, but how can a guild complete an optional? Or is that party-based as well, and the sound plays when the optional is done?
    "New Offhand Item: Orbs. Orbs are a new type of offhand item for spellcasters to wield."

That's how I read it as well... casters needed a buff, dontcha see?

/sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Ancient Giant Relics, Ancient Dragon Relics, Ancient Elven Relics, and all types of Dragonscales, are now ingredients instead of collectibles. The next time they are removed from a collectible bag, they will not be able to be placed back inside. Instead, they will be able to be placed into ingredients bags.
    Dont like this.
    tho it is more consistent, i don't know how it rated priority over other stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubix View Post

ddo's version of neeber.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Update 16 is on Lamannia for Early Preview.
    You can find Release Notes at the following location: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774
    Known Issues have not been finalized because it is still under production.

This is not the full update. More will be coming!

There might be some Dev events in the future, so keep an eye out for more information.

I'll see you online!

Hi Welcome to Lammaland coordination.

Sorry, but I have to ask that question :

Are you the noise made by Kookie or MajMal when we put too many presure on them ?

Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    We just put Kookie in a different cage he was starting to go rabid.
    I hope the cage is big enough, rabid Kobolds usually need a lot of room.

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Yep, its WAY early.
    The earlier the better.
    That way more bugs will be squashed when it goes live and more things that will not work are fixed so that they work.

By the way the green ticks in front of Connect, Examine Program and Update Program are partially eaten by something in the launcher when it downloads U16... See I haven't started exploring that I already find problems *grins*
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Hmmm...most of this sounds nice...what about a destiny for the artificer? Or perhaps the Tempest Ranger? Ahh well skip em! The new class is what is important anyway....

Was there finaly going to be a character whipe so I can bring th better versions of the toons I have on lama over to play the new stuff and will we finally get a new rAid????
    Last edited by DemonStorm333; 10-06-2012 at 07:55 AM.
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Fatesinger's Bound Fate was incorrectly displaying +15% magic vulnerability, when it was in fact only +12%. The description has been corrected.
    Don't lie to the player base, nothing good will come of it.

Instead explain the thought process behind the continuous nerfs in every single update to the Fatesinger destiny.

here are the last words regarding Bound fates percentages; (apparently beta isn't link quote able anymore, figures)
    Quote Originally Posted by Breca
    Bound Fate (Song)
    Rank 1: A single target must make a Will save with a DC modified by the caster's Charisma modifier. On a failed save, the target is bound briefly to the spot, and for one minute is also 5% more vulnerable to Sonic, Cold and Electric damage, and has a -5 Spell Resistance. In addition, the creature deals -4 damage on attacks.
    Rank 2: A single target must make a Will save with a DC modified by the caster's Charisma modifier. On a failed save, the target is bound briefly to the spot, and for one minute is also 10% more vulnerable to Sonic, Cold and Electric damage, and has a -10 Spell Resistance. In addition, the creature deals -6 damage on attacks.
    Rank 3: A single target must make a Will save with a DC modified by the caster's Charisma modifier. On a failed save, the target is bound briefly to the spot, and for one minute is also 15% more vulnerable to Sonic, Cold and Electric damage, and has a -15 Spell Resistance. In addition, the creature deals -8 damage on attacks.
    Later complemented by this;
    Quote Originally Posted by Breca View Post
    Bound Fate: Grants vulnerability to all magic types.
    So when the developer says it's 15% and the tool tip says it's 15% it's clearly a tool tip error, not a nerf, nothing to see here move along..

edit;
    I'm getting really tired of the release notes putting things in a way as if it was intended that way all along when it clearly wasn't and it is a nerf to the ability. This has happened now on numerous occasions since the last two updates in particular and personally I think this isn't right, be honest tell it like it is in the release notes! This beating around the bush hoping players won't notice the nerfs helps no one.
    end edit
    Last edited by legendlore; 10-08-2012 at 04:23 AM.

Community Member

Ugh orbs, implements, destinies, why are we getting all the bad 4E mechanics that WotC is in the process of ditching in 5E? Are they on sale or something? They don't fit 3E, they don't add to the game.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Ugh orbs, implements, destinies, why are we getting all the bad 4E mechanics that WotC is in the process of ditching in 5E? Are they on sale or something? They don't fit 3E, they don't add to the game.
    You think maybe DDO gets a discount for buying the licence to 4E mechanics that nobody likes?

That would be really funny
    Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    Grease is the only party buff
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    talk about your exploits
    Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    DDO is not PnP. This is by design

I actually don't mind the orbs. Not everything about 4E was bad. What confuses me is why we're seeing something for casters again already. There's just not a whole lot of buff wizards and sorcerer threads going on.

And if this is part of move towards some 4E stuff then Turbine is far behind WoTC and should be discussing D&D Next implementations with them for plenty of development time, time that would be wasted if they were to be moving towards 4E. I don't think that's the case, however; it's likely a flavor item but I still don't understand the idea behind more caster options again.

For people stuck at the connect stage, a reboot fixed me. Didn't touch the live launcher before I tried again, in case that makes a difference.

I don't see the new pack in the DDO Store as of yet. Any idea when it will be available?

A character wipe would be a good thing if the character copy tool is working correctly. I just have a bunch of level 20s with no epic destinies lurking on there ATM....
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

The devs have stated in the past that they are using as inspiration any and all good ideas from any of the editions of D&D. They are not moving towards or converting to 4th Ed, they are simply trying to develop in new directions to add to the game.

As other posters have said,4th Ed may have been overall a mess and a miss, but it did have some decent ideas that can be used to make our game more interesting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drwaz99 View Post
    While it's not difficult to figure out, it's a mindless, stupid and eye-bleeding grind. It's not too hard to figure out that is not what this game needs right now. 2-3 million karma ok, there's some pain for your gain. But really, the EPL's are not worth the pain of 6 million XP in off destinies/sphere's.
    Quote Originally Posted by PermaBanned View Post
    Profit quantity has been prioritized above product quality.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast