Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    Lamannia Coordinator SqueakofDoom's Avatar
    The End of the Universe - The view is great!

Default Update 16 Early Preview

Update 16 is on Lamannia for Early Preview.
    You can find Release Notes at the following location: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774
    Known Issues have not been finalized because it is still under production.

This is not the full update. More will be coming!

There might be some Dev events in the future, so keep an eye out for more information.

I'll see you online!

Default new face

hi welcome to the team

You guys planning on doing a character wipe finally? Or am I sitting this one out again?
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Orbs: Casters only? - or can anyone use one?

UI Change: "A sound now plays when a guild levels up or achieves an optional quest objective."
    Maybe I missed something along the way, but how can a guild complete an optional? Or is that party-based as well, and the sound plays when the optional is done?

The Bard prestige enhancement Spellsong Vigor now works properly on Warforged.
    :O
    Ancient Giant Relics, Ancient Dragon Relics, Ancient Elven Relics, and all types of Dragonscales, are now ingredients instead of collectibles. The next time they are removed from a collectible bag, they will not be able to be placed back inside. Instead, they will be able to be placed into ingredients bags.
    Dont like this.

Glabrezu demons now have a slightly wider range of spells, and do 75% to 100% more damage on their melee attacks.

This one might hurt a bit in those EE webs...
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

So we have an official Lamannia Coordinator now? Does that mean you're the one we should complain to about having dev events, character wipes, and other stuff?

Reading through the notes, there is lots of positive and nothing for me to really complain about. Looks nice.

So, U15.2. Did it already go live and I missed it? Will it be released later? Is it canceled? Did I fall that far behind on the news during my vacation this week?
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    Update 16 is on Lamannia for Early Preview.
    You can find Release Notes at the following location: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=376774
    Known Issues have not been finalized because it is still under production.

This is not the full update. More will be coming!

There might be some Dev events in the future, so keep an eye out for more information.

I'll see you online!
    You weren't kidding about the early part...I'm trying to read the dialogue from an NPC and there are mistakes all over the place lol. The roughest of my writing doesn't contain such errors.
    YouTube Channel HERE

The Crafting Mogul
    Hero and Host of DDO Chat

Hi, welcome to the craziness!

I look forward to seeing what you have in store for us.
    The Crafting Mogul of Orien!, Yuupppp!! .:. Join The Craze - http://www.ddochat.com
    Proud to be part of what is, sad at the closure of what was, and grateful to have called it home...
    Proudly Canadian, and just providing my $0.02 cents. ($0.025 USD )

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Orbs: Casters only? - or can anyone use one?

UI Change: "A sound now plays when a guild levels up or achieves an optional quest objective."
    Maybe I missed something along the way, but how can a guild complete an optional? Or is that party-based as well, and the sound plays when the optional is done?
    Welcome to dungeons and casters online.

Many hair dyes in the DDO Store are now auctionable and tradable.
    Vases in the Realms now shatter better when you break them.
    Misty now congratulates the party when they've sunk the enemy fleet.
    Cows are now oxen.
    Several quest givers have shifted positions.
    Hate to look a gifthorse in the mouth, but seriously - why is Turbine spending time and effort on these things? I mean, in terms of priorities, where does "vase-breaking animation" fit into the big scheme of things? I've never once on these forums ever seen anyone complain about how the vase animation looked.

I'm perplexed.

Also: Bulletin Boards?? Now that I'm interested in.
    Last edited by der_kluge; 10-05-2012 at 05:50 PM.
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

First impressions:

I'm curious about Primal Avatar. Focusing on both spellcasting AND two weapon fighting seems interesting, and hopefully not overly ambitious. Curious to see the details!

I'm skeptical about orbs. In most cases where saves and resistances come in handy, running/jumping/evading is usually the preferred tactic for castery types. But then, if it just acts like a caster stick, i could see some arcanes using it I suppose. It certainly doesn't offer any downside compared to an offhand scepter, except making weapon sets slightly more restrictive.

I'm excited about spellsong vigor finally working on warforged. Man, that thing has been around for so long, i thought it was a "Feature".

I'm dubious about the changes to archers focus.

Archer's Focus Offensive Ranged Stance: While you are stationary, you gain On Damage: Up to once every 2 seconds, you gain +2% competence bonus to missile damage. This effect can stack up to 15 times. Moving or using the Manyshot ability clears the stack.
    Shorter cycles for ramping up Archer Focus damage makes the ability better. Five seconds to get any benefit felt way too long. And capping out at 30% bonus instead of 25% is an improvement, even if it takes longer (30 seconds vs. 25 seconds? Or am i doing the math wrong?). However, this doesn't address the main complaints about archers focus, which center around IPS being better in almost every situation, how movement is crucial to ranged combat except in big immobile raidboss fights, and how in those immobile raidboss fights, manyshot is a must, which invalidates archers focus. And while manyshot is on cooldown, archers focus is not quite enough on its own to compensate for the poor damage output of non-manyshotting Archery vs. just whipping out a good melee weapon.

Follow up question: Does this change mean that if an archer doesn't attack an enemy within 2 seconds of Archers Focus being active, they lose the buff (Whereas currently it tales 5 second of non-combat to lose the buff?) If so, that really helps marginalize this poorly performing ability even more...

Sooooo...did 404_Error finally "move on"?

Stuck on Connect...

Anyone able to patch or get in?

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    He's mornlands.. (which doesnt really exist)
    Last lama coordinator was thoon iirc. We been through lots of them tho, hard to keep track.

Archer's Focus Offensive Ranged Stance: While you are stationary, you gain On Damage: Up to once every 2 seconds, you gain +2% competence bonus to missile damage. This effect can stack up to 15 times. Moving or using the Manyshot ability clears the stack.
    Should read: Moving or using the Manyshot ability decreases the stack by 1 (or even make it 2).

This is a nice improvement to Archer's Focus, but let's not add a great effect and make it useless at the same time. Reducing the stack makes much more sense than clearing it. Please.

Also, you could you explain 'up to once every 2 seconds'. This implies 'no more than once every 2 seconds', which means there's a lower end as well. What's the lower end? Does this mean there's a die roll occurring? Is there a chance that you'll receive no bonus at all for some unknown amount of time? A little clarification there would be cool. Thanks.

p.s. Thanks for the continued work on AF. Really appreciate it.
    Last edited by BOgre; 10-05-2012 at 05:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Quote Originally Posted by Arkat View Post
    I still do Mournlands and help run Beta events, I have gone no where. We just put Kookie in a different cage he was starting to go rabid.
    404error shows up in dev tracker. He may not be a developer by job title, but 'dev' is easier to type than 'Miscellaneous Official Turbine Representative'.
    Quote Originally Posted by brentpatty1
    Books are made to be eaten not read.

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    Hate to look a gifthorse in the mouth, but seriously - why is Turbine spending time and effort on these things? I mean, in terms of priorities, where does "vase-breaking animation" fit into the big scheme of things? I've never once on these forums ever seen anyone complain about how the vase animation looked.
    It is called trainee work. And sometimes someone will be working on a real brain buster and need something simple to work on. These fall into that category too.

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    He's mornlands.. (which doesnt really exist)
    Last lama coordinator was thoon iirc. We been through lots of them tho, hard to keep track.
    Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    I still do Mournlands and help run Beta events, I have gone no where. We just put Kookie in a different cage he was starting to go rabid.
    Ok

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast