Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Quote Originally Posted by Havok.cry View Post
    I also won't be testing anything on lammania due to no usable characters. I am not basing my schedule around when the devs feel like being around to pass out xp, and if I happen to stumble across one I'm not waiting the hour+ just standing there waiting for him to get to me. I value my time more than that. Maybe if you had a dev in every single public instance in the game 24/7 would I be tempted to. You want help testing stuff you should probably facilitate that help, not cater to people who want to play with freebie shinies.
    (Fwiw, the last time they had a levelling event, it was a dev on the island in the harbor and it took about 10-15 seconds from the time I arrived to receive full XP. I actually did it during work time

Any idea what "new items in the DDO store including TOMES and companions" might be?

What kinda tomes?

The +3 are already in the DDO store?

So are the lesser/greater tomes of learning.

+4 tomes will not show up until +6 tomes start dropping in game and that will not
    happen till the level cap is increased to 30 if it does happen.

So, what kinda tomes?

Cannot get on the Xoriat server cause the pandora's box will not open for me.
    Peek around in the DDO store from time to time, I'm very curious.

Only probably thing might be an Lesser/Greater Epic Tome of Learning similar to the heroic ones?

Or a Lesser/Greater Renown Tome?

Or a Tome of Craftful Knowledge?

Hmmm...several good posibilities there...

It's likely +4 tomes, because they are already regular quest loot.

Unfortunately Poincelot is broken again.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mikemattd50 View Post
    Ancient Giant Relics, Ancient Dragon Relics, Ancient Elven Relics, and all types of Dragonscales, are now ingredients instead of collectables. The next time they are removed from a collectable bag, they will not be able to be placed back inside. Instead, they will be able to be placed into ingredients bags.

wait why are they now ingredients instead of collectables? they were fine in the sorted red bag instead of being in a super packed unsorted green bag.
    I've got to admit: With all the broken, mangled code in the game, all the nonfunctional feats, broken enhancements, UMD lag, load screens that last for hours, etc... if anyone had come to me saying that this change needed to go live before all the rest of it, I'd have laughed in their face.

If I had been their manager, I'd have concluded that they were too stupid to work in my department.

This change is simply more evidence that Turbine's management team is cluelessly rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, rather than having the faintest idea what they're actually doing. Like we needed more evidence.

well...

Either that or this change was mandatory because it was the only way to fix the vanishing asteroids bug in the Abbot raid...
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    (Fwiw, the last time they had a levelling event, it was a dev on the island in the harbor and it took about 10-15 seconds from the time I arrived to receive full XP. I actually did it during work time
    Hmm, your IT department has unusually lax security protocols, then.

In many office environments, attempting to install DDO on a work machine would result in a long discussion about appropriate computer usage from your manager...not to mention a popup message about you lacking administrator rights on the machine.

Bringing a personal laptop to work might be a better bet, depending on how they set up their firewall.
    Give a man a fish, and he demands two more tomorrow.
    Teach a man to fish, and he'll leave to find somebody who'll just give him a fish.
    Beat him unconscious with the fish, and it's comedy.

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Entelech View Post
    I've got to admit: With all the broken, mangled code in the game, all the nonfunctional feats, broken enhancements, UMD lag, load screens that last for hours, etc... if anyone had come to me saying that this change needed to go live before all the rest of it, I'd have laughed in their face.

If I had been their manager, I'd have concluded that they were too stupid to work in my department.

This change is simply more evidence that Turbine's management team is cluelessly rearranging deck chairs on the Titanic, rather than having the faintest idea what they're actually doing. Like we needed more evidence.

well...

Either that or this change was mandatory because it was the only way to fix the vanishing asteroids bug in the Abbot raid...
    Sound more like newbie/intern work or done by a dev that needed a break from a job that just wouldn't work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

logged out now from lamaland, and i have another rant to put out.....

stealth nerf to reconstruct

they have done what they saying time ago.....i used to heal 454 hp per reconstruct, now on lamaland only 292....

yay for stealth nerf.....

[I said something completely different!]

again....ok...at least can u guys use some time to speak with us and tell why this has to be nerfed?

and pls at least let u know....dun do stealth stuff....we dun like it
    Last edited by ChristianSal; 10-10-2012 at 09:25 AM. Reason: removed rules violations. Probably best to move along.

I see background work for Epic Gianthold.
    I want Epic Gianthold.

Community Member

i want devs that listen to the majority of the players.....

but i belive that will probably learn to fly soon that this will happen
    Last edited by ChristianSal; 10-10-2012 at 09:53 AM.

Default Wipe ! Wipe ! Wipe !

Come on guys (and gals) It's really hard to test stuff with such old copies of my mains. They've been there sence MotU beta. A wipe is just a good idea to clear out the dead wood.

Community Member

be gentle....or they will edit ur post =)

Quote Originally Posted by Breca View Post
    These are a hint of things to come, though it's still very very early, and things are in flux...

Good Hunting!

Breca
    Nice to see some changes in the works and saw this in another thread as well;

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    Wall of Sound
    Creates a wall of sound This spell does 2 to 8 Sonic damage plus 1 additional point of damage per caster level (up to a max of 25 additional points at caster level 25) to enemies. Oozes are particularly susceptible to the pitch of the sound, and take an additional 2 to 8 Sonic damage. In addition, enemies caught in the Wall of Sound may begin dancing on a failed Will save, and become slowed thereafter on a failed Fortitude save.
    Looks interesting, but the damage seems quite low, now it does scale better than ice storm but during heroic levels many bards will likely achieve higher damage by scroll casting Ice storm (with scroll enhancement line) that also slows enemies for 50% with no save at all.

Dancing can be achieved easily by bards anyway (the problem is usually cc:ing undead and vermin) if it got a faster casting than the disco ball it might help though.

The list of vulnerable monsters could be expanded as well, glass spiders for example. In pnp bards also have the spell "Shatter stone" that can auto-kill stone creatures with their sound (other classes have power word kill that kills any orange named monster without any save, so why not).

Looking forward to seeing more and personally I'm hoping for something along the lines of;

Master of musical magic
    You are a master of musical magic blending song and magic flawlessly, all sonic and music based spells (such as the Otto's spells) are cast with an additional +2 DC and have a 50% chance of applying an additional effect of helpless, the chance of that this effect takes place scales with another 25% for every recurring failed save, as the targets are lost in an unrestrained dance or barraged by sound.

This would help a couple of things;
    1. bards would get a more usable dc:s on their sonic (evocation) spells (bards are severely feat starved and it's not worth it currently to get sf:evocation on bards and the restrictions for spell school specialization in epic destinies made the gap even further between having and not having the feat).
    2. Bards would get their variant of mass holds, Disco ball would have the advantage of longer lasting and after 3 failed saves it would have the same effect as a mass hold (50% damage vulnerability from helpless) but the disadvantage of being slow to cast and slower for the vulnerability to take effect. Spells such as Shout and Irresistible dance doesn't allow for recurring saves and thus only get the initial 50% chance to provide helpless effect, making a bards irresistible dance and shouts a bit better than wizards/sorcerers which I personally find thematically fitting to the bard class.
    Last edited by legendlore; 10-11-2012 at 06:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by legendlore View Post
    Nice to see some changes in the works and saw this in another thread as well;

Looks interesting, but the damage seems quite low, now it does scale better than ice storm but during heroic levels many bards will likely achieve higher damage by scroll casting Ice storm (with scroll enhancement line) that also slows enemies for 50% with no save at all.

Dancing can be achieved easily by bards anyway (the problem is usually cc:ing undead and vermin) if it got a faster casting than the disco ball it might help though.

The list of vulnerable monsters could be expanded as well, glass spiders for example. In pnp bards also have the spell "Shatter stone" that can auto-kill stone creatures with their sound (other classes have power word kill that kills any orange named monster without any save, so why not).

Looking forward to seeing more and personally I'm hoping for something along the lines of;

Master of musical magic
    You are a master of musical magic blending song and magic flawlessly, all sonic and music based spells (such as the Otto's spells) are cast with an additional +2 DC and have a 50% chance of applying an additional effect of helpless, the chance of that this effect takes place scales with another 25% for every recurring failed save, as the targets are lost in an unrestrained dance or barraged by sound.

This would help a couple of things;
    1. bards would get a more usable dc:s on their sonic (evocation) spells (bards are severely feat starved and it's not worth it currently to get sf:evocation on bards and the restrictions for spell school specialization in epic destinies made the gap even further between having and not having the feat).
    2. Bards would get their variant of mass holds, Disco ball would have the advantage of longer lasting and after 3 failed saves it would have the same effect as a mass hold (50% damage vulnerability from helpless) but the disadvantage of being slow to cast and slower for the vulnerability to take effect. Spells such as Shout and Irresistible dance doesn't allow for recurring saves and thus only get the initial 50% chance to provide helpless effect, making a bards irresistible dance and shouts a bit better than wizards/sorcerers which I personally find thematically fitting to the bard class.
    A person can focus on sonic spells better looking at the spellsinger tree. +1 to all spell DC's, +1 to spell penetration, +2 CHA, 20% faster casting speed, and the option to increase school DC's in the tree at the expense of other school DC's including evocations. A lot of it looks pretty interesting.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678