Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast
    Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim77 View Post
    I just found something unexpected; When resetting the Primal Avatar destiny, up pops the future enhancement tree for dwarves Oo. How do I take a screenshot?

edit; fixed
    Yikes, that looks super restrictive.

There are no plans to wipe the character database for a while. This can change if we need to wipe it for a patch.
    404error shows up in dev tracker. He may not be a developer by job title, but 'dev' is easier to type than 'Miscellaneous Official Turbine Representative'.
    Quote Originally Posted by brentpatty1
    Books are made to be eaten not read.

Quote Originally Posted by Aashrym View Post
    Resonance

Gain Harmonic Shield as a first level bard spell.

Each time you purchase the first rank of an enhancement in the spellsinger tree you gain +10 spell points and +1% to your universal spell power.

Wassail

Grants feat Brutal Throwing

Each time you purchase the first rank of an enhancement in the war chanter tree you gain 1 hit point.

So....did some other interesting tidbits sneak through?
    These are a hint of things to come, though it's still very very early, and things are in flux...

Good Hunting!

Breca

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    Yikes, that looks super restrictive.
    It´s early days yet. And keep in mind, this is only the race tree. It holds a path to stalwart defender as well, at rank three or four.

Quote Originally Posted by Nephilim77 View Post
    Thanks Flavilandile and Failedlegend, I managed to stop being an idiot for a moment and actually look into the options menu :P I really should start looking there before asking inane questions. Lesson learned! There was some fun stuff in the enhancement tree though, apart from the stuff we have now.
    While I was there I did catch something else I haven´t seen before. Something like "DNT enforce black market".

Curioser and curioser...
    I saw a lot of DNT enhancements under an advanced weaponry category (might be named something slightly different since I'm at work and not looking now). I'm ignoring them and hoping they populate info soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Breca View Post
    These are a hint of things to come, though it's still very very early, and things are in flux...

Good Hunting!

Breca
    What would it take to request +2% spell power and plus 2 hp respectively? The numbers listed look small compared to the number of enhancements in the mock up; and the mechanic promotes less development in more types of enhancements, so might not be worth the trade off.

Even if it were +1 spell power per AP spent in the tree or +1 hp per AP spent in the tree with 41 to hit capstone that's still only a small bonus. Just sayin'

It's never too early for feed back on bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Tolero View Post
    Help the local Cormyrians fend off the Netheril Wizards
    Really? Fighting the wizards of Netheril... why can't we help them instead? Or at least try to gain their powers...

I saw the new update was named something like, "The Netherese Legacy" and almost fell out of my chair... then I saw no new PrE "Shadow Mage" or new ED for becoming more like a Netherese Wizard... and kind of yawned...

Shadow-Mage != Palemaster... SM's are WAY better... if the Shadow Mage PrE ever got added, I actually may consider playing a pure wizard finally...
    Danse Mortelle - Deadly Rogue
    Aes Sedai - Pure Healer/Walking Shrine
    Leader of Lords of Chaos on Fernia

Quote Originally Posted by 404error View Post
    There are no plans to wipe the character database for a while. This can change if we need to wipe it for a patch.
    Excellent, keep up the good work!
    Cetus Heroic Lives: #32/32 | Epic Completionist: #20/24 | Iconic Lives: #6/6
    Cetusz - Pure Sorcerer: Heroic Lives: #24/24 | Epic Lives: #6/12 | Iconic Lives: #1/3
    YouTube Channel HERE
    Argonnessen's DEGENERATE MATTER

Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    Really? Fighting the wizards of Netheril... why can't we help them instead? Or at least try to gain their powers...

I saw the new update was named something like, "The Netherese Legacy" and almost fell out of my chair... then I saw no new PrE "Shadow Mage" or new ED for becoming more like a Netherese Wizard... and kind of yawned...

Shadow-Mage != Palemaster... SM's are WAY better... if the Shadow Mage PrE ever got added, I actually may consider playing a pure wizard finally...
    I wouldn't expect any new PrE's or additional PrE development. It's pointless to spend time on more before the enhancement overhaul.

This make me sad bc I won't have a fit toon to test u16
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

Quote Originally Posted by DemonStorm333 View Post
    This make me sad bc I won't have a fit toon to test u16
    Won't be there either. They need to fix the transfer tool or wipe the characters. or make a NPC that gives XP.

Politics is supposed to be the second oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. - Ronald Reagan

Thanks for ensuring I won't test U16 on lammania.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Not to put too fine a point on it, but does clearing the character clone tool necessitate clearing the db, or would it be possible to reset that, and let us kill off our old versions ourselves for a new copy-over?

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Not to put too fine a point on it, but does clearing the character clone tool necessitate clearing the db, or would it be possible to reset that, and let us kill off our old versions ourselves for a new copy-over?
    That would be a fine solution : no wipe and updated characters.
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

Community Member

Cool, you guys can test things for us.

Guys, I just logged on and there were a mighty 4 toons in Lama including myself. And still no new pack in the DDO Store, or any guest passes for it.

If you want us to take a look at this and bug report it sensibly, can you PLEASE get the capability to test this into the DDO Store?

Love and cupcakes,

Tere
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Founder
    2015 DDO Players Council

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post
    Guys, I just logged on and there were a mighty 4 toons in Lama including myself. And still no new pack in the DDO Store, or any guest passes for it.

If you want us to take a look at this and bug report it sensibly, can you PLEASE get the capability to test this into the DDO Store?

Love and cupcakes,

Tere
    Agreed...we cannot test what we cannot do.

Saal
    "Fools said I, you do not know. Silence like a cancer grows, hear my words that I might teach you, take my hand that I might reach you, but my words like silent raindrops fell...."-Paul Simon "Day after day, we caught no breath or motion. As idle as a painted ship upon a painted ocean."--Coleridge

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    Cool, you guys can test things for us.

i so agree here makes me sad but i hope we will have a wipe by u17 and all the winter fest testing
    Demons run when a good man goes to war

I also won't be testing anything on lammania due to no usable characters. I am not basing my schedule around when the devs feel like being around to pass out xp, and if I happen to stumble across one I'm not waiting the hour+ just standing there waiting for him to get to me. I value my time more than that. Maybe if you had a dev in every single public instance in the game 24/7 would I be tempted to. You want help testing stuff you should probably facilitate that help, not cater to people who want to play with freebie shinies.
    Matt Walsh:
    But Truth is eternal, so it can never be old or new. It never ‘was’ or ‘will be.’ It just ‘is.’ It always ‘is.’

Community Member anatomyofaghost's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Terebinthia View Post

Love and cupcakes,

Tere
    This. A million times... this.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast