Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thumbs up

Fricken sweet. So looking forward to this.
    The Fockers of Argo
    Fuglymofo; LOOON; Hobaggin; Fuglyrobo; Buttscracher; Whoaa

C**p. Now I have to come up with yet another Lammaland specific “SOON™” variant for the new guy.

This is all I have so far:
    1. SoDoon™
    2. SOONofDoom™
    3. SqueakofSOON™
    4. SonofTHOON™
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

So, premium will be able to playtest this, correct?

(this is a nice poke to remember to allocate a points cost to the pack and put it in the Lama store )
    Terebinthia, Terebynthia, Tereana, Tereaina, Tereanna, Terebyte, Terechan, Terebinthis
    The Hand of the Black Tower, Khyber.
    Cupcakes welcomed.

Launcher updated i logged in and i get the you need to reboot to get the high end graphics (I WISH YOU WOULD FIX THIS TO REBOOT AFTER AN UPDATE). So i closed it and reopened it, im now stuck on Connect on the launcher. Nothing i do gets it past it. Well so much for having a look at U16.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix-daBard View Post
    It is called trainee work. And sometimes someone will be working on a real brain buster and need something simple to work on. These fall into that category too.
    When the ship is sinking you get the trainees to bail and patch, not scrape barnacles.

New Offhand Item: Orbs

Orbs are a new type of offhand item for spellcasters to wield. Equipping an orb is like using a shield, however when you block with it, a magical barrier of force provides an Orb Bonus to your saving throws and energy resistances. This is in addition to any effects listed on the item. Note that unlike shields, orbs do not inherently increase your Armor Class and Damage Reduction.
    Curious about the wording there regarding inherent DR. At present, DR application requires blocking or a PRE, and if PRR was meant, that takes additional feats. Something meant to change there, or...?

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Curious about the wording there regarding inherent DR. At present, DR application requires blocking or a PRE, and if PRR was meant, that takes additional feats. Something meant to change there, or...?
    The orbs are made of Adamantine?
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

Quote Originally Posted by QuantumFX View Post
    The orbs are made of Adamantine?
    Well, for clarity, if they're using analogous functionality, they'd add to saves when held, and absorption when actively blocking, unless the note means they're also intending for shields to add some form of DR simply for being held, which I kinda doubt.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by der_kluge View Post
    Hate to look a gifthorse in the mouth, but seriously - why is Turbine spending time and effort on these things? I mean, in terms of priorities, where does "vase-breaking animation" fit into the big scheme of things? I've never once on these forums ever seen anyone complain about how the vase animation looked.

I'm perplexed.
    I'm delighted.

I don't have any recollection of the "vase-breaking animation" being inconsistent with other breaking animations, but if it's player-facing and they can fix it, please fix it.

All the small things that aren't game-breaking pollute the gaming environment. They are noise that de-sensitize everyone to things that should NEVER EVER have been released to live.

Please, "fix" the Vase Breaking animation, the Airship Destination menu that persists after we've arrived at the destination, the Giants in Tor that have been saying "DNT TBD ..." (when we all know they're really asking for a fresh donut and hot cup of coffee), and all the other low hanging fruit that isn't game breaking but is corrosive and calls into question the sincerity and credibility of statements such as "we truly appreciate how passionate our players are about helping DDO to be the best it can be".

It's all important.

Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    This is not the full update. More will be coming!
    I hope so. We are still missing a few things which have been mentioned as coming several times and remain absent.

- No talk of challenge re-adjustments (to fix the "double"-nerf). Both in XP and parts received, I believe, but been awhile. This was supposed to be in U16.

- No mention of many destiny fixes (an example: Perfect Balance in GMoF dodge% actually scaling 1/1/2 instead of 1/2/3 as advertised, needs fixin' and theres plenty more). Do we need more threads compiling them all again or something?

- No note about eveningstar challenge ingredients becoming BTA instead of BTC. This has come up a number of times with a "when we get to it" context... as of U16 it'll have been two updates... make some time please. Its extremely annoying that the ingredients cannot be shuffled around like every other crafting styled ingredient in the game.

- No mention of the Handwrap overhaul which was mentioned just earlier this week, and supposed to be in U16.

Etc. I know its early, I know you said more is coming, and I know there is plenty of time still to get to all that. But I also know that this stuff has to be mentioned early and often. Here I had pointed something out (Glitter of Fame change), which was directly commented on multiple times, seemingly to address the issue, and was in fact still completely wrong (according to the post here), despite the fact the change wound up exactly as suggested/suspected in the first post.

When we start seeing updated and correct notes consistently, I'll stop being paranoid well in advance =p. Until then, I don't mind pushing for some of this stuff to remain in the foreground so its not forgotten. Thanks in advance... hope I'm not disappointed!

Quote Originally Posted by SirShen View Post
    Launcher updated i logged in and i get the you need to reboot to get the high end graphics (I WISH YOU WOULD FIX THIS TO REBOOT AFTER AN UPDATE). So i closed it and reopened it, im now stuck on Connect on the launcher. Nothing i do gets it past it. Well so much for having a look at U16.
    Yea it's pretty silly. Your high rez gfx will actaully work fine, but it will nag you everytime you swap chars.

Its actaully only a command line flag tho the launcher sends the client.. has no other real impact. Just if you see "highres.dat" get updated, it generally sends that.

Workaround:
    Use pylotro.. It's a far superior launcher, and doesnt send that command.

Ancient Giant Relics, Ancient Dragon Relics, Ancient Elven Relics, and all types of Dragonscales, are now ingredients instead of collectables. The next time they are removed from a collectable bag, they will not be able to be placed back inside. Instead, they will be able to be placed into ingredients bags.

wait why are they now ingredients instead of collectables? they were fine in the sorted red bag instead of being in a super packed unsorted green bag.
    Agemage-agesansfist
    Don't do that, you would be dead before you even knew you had an accident.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doomcrew View Post
    pvp 21 cha built sorcs in the pve portion of the game?

Quote Originally Posted by Brennie View Post
    First impressions:
    Follow up question: Does this change mean that if an archer doesn't attack an enemy within 2 seconds of Archers Focus being active, they lose the buff (Whereas currently it tales 5 second of non-combat to lose the buff?) If so, that really helps marginalize this poorly performing ability even more...
    Archer's focus now cycles down at a slower rate than it cycles up (4 seconds down vs 2 seconds up). I was fighting some bandits on the High Road and managed to get it up to 11 just doing my normal moving around when they get too close.

Default Graphics Error

When floating (feather fall) the fire effect on the Unwavering Ardency gets out of sync with the bow itself causing the bow to flicker on and off. But only while floating.

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    It's just the usual difficult to decipher description so common to the release notes...

Shields provide +DR and +AC while actively blocking.
    Orb will instead provide +Energy Resistant and +Saving throws while actively blocking. (but not +DR or +AC)

I got in after some more messing aroudn with the launcher..

All kinds of major bugs immediately noticeable:
    -Weapons detach from my body if i swing or do anything else. Other players and NPCs dont even have theirs attached, they lay at their feat.
    -DDO Store broken.
    -ui update looks glitchy for bags. (Better for the chat windows tho, they fit in the corner properly now without as much cliping).

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by gleep_wurp View Post
    hi welcome to the team
    it's a trap!

DDO Producer

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    I got in after some more messing aroudn with the launcher..

All kinds of major bugs immediately noticeable:
    -Weapons detach from my body if i swing or do anything else. Other players and NPCs dont even have theirs attached, they lay at their feat.
    -DDO Store broken.
    -ui update looks glitchy for bags. (Better for the chat windows tho, they fit in the corner properly now without as much cliping).
    Yep, its WAY early.

Orb!

Woot!

New Epic Destiny!

Woot!

Improved handling of archerly focus!

Woot!

Keep up the good work, Devs!

One step at a time, you are getting there.

Thinking Epic Destinies are gonna close to double in due time...

Community Member Talon_Moonshadow's Avatar

Did Golems really need another nerf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jandric View Post
    ..., but I honestly think the solution is to group with less whiny people.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast