Hybrid View

Community Member

Default Barrier of Scales: second look

Apparently, Barrier of Scales is removed when the damage is blocked and everyone says this is a terrible ability.
    I'd like to suggest it be changed to do the following:

Point Cost: 3
    When struck in combat, there is a 15% chance to proc Barrier of Scales for X amount; lasts 60 seconds or until total amount is used.

That might make it a slight bit overpowered in anything other than epic elite content. 1 in 7 chance of gaining 120 temp hp? Combined with other minor defenses, you could very easily be gaining more than you lose every time you get hit. I agree the ability needs an upgrade, but making melee invincible in norm and hard content in order to make the ability useful in elite is a dangerous thing to do. Even if X were a smallish number like 30, the stacking potential with lifeshield and other abilities would have to be very closely watched.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

Community Member

Default my idea

Quote Originally Posted by soulaeon View Post
    Apparently, Barrier of Scales is removed when the damage is blocked and everyone says this is a terrible ability.
    I'd like to suggest it be changed to do the following:

Point Cost: 3
    When struck in combat, there is a 15% chance to proc Barrier of Scales for X amount; lasts 60 seconds or until total amount is used.
    I initially read "Barrier of scales" to be a 90 second persistant, non-removable buff which I found HUGELY overpowered for a tier2 ED and something I wanted. Then I slotted it and found it only blocking the first 120 pts of incoming dmg., which I find HUGELY underpowered for a tier2 ED.

Here's what I think it should do:
    Barrier of Scales: Active Ability: (Cooldown 2mins) Enable persistant ablative protection versus physical damage for the next [30/60/90] seconds, at [5/10/15] points. Stacks with Stoneskin and ablative armor.

Basically I would like it to become persistant and I would be OK with making it a tier3 ED.
    Last edited by Kamode_Corebasher; 10-05-2012 at 04:57 PM.