Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Calling all arts and crafts folks: DDO on Pinterest

Just a heads up that we've launched a DDO page on Pinterest! This will be a great way to share the awesome arts and crafts that people do here, and (hopefully) help encourage would-be crafters and artists to do more stuff! We also have screenshots, concept art, and a bit of general D&D fun there as well. You don't need to sign up for anything to see the page. If you don't like social networking-type stuff, feel free to ignore it, but if you're into Pinterest, make sure to follow us and check it out!
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Lost in my imagination.... or sometimes just living in Canada..

<3 You put my pictures up. ^_^ Thank you.

This does encourage me to work on more DDO art. I have a couple pictures I've been desperate to work on, but each will take me days to a week. ^^; I'm just waiting for the right time to start work on them.
    (Formally known as Luadrilae)

Phaeshalee likes you. Yes... you.
    My deviantART gallery

Ohohohoho....

Bookmarked for later usage.
    Thank you!

YES I AM MOTIVATED!

If... I wasn't too busy playing ddo on my offtime...

Albeit I'd probably give my soul for that Spinner of shadow minature statue thingy.... :O

Fun stuff! Shouldn't some of the comics be listed too? Maybe I'm just missing them.
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    YES I AM MOTIVATED!

If... I wasn't too busy playing ddo on my offtime...
    XD That happens to me so very often. I'll want to draw, have photoshop open, my tablet ready... then look over and see my husband playing DDO on his computer and can't resist turning all of the art programs off and joining him. ^_^

My deviantART gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    XD That happens to me so very often. I'll want to draw, have photoshop open, my tablet ready... then look over and see my husband playing DDO on his computer and can't resist turning all of the art programs off and joining him. ^_^
    LOL Same... I use sai painter... but, I agree,... DDO is a much better art tool! (since everything is already drawn for you! YAY ).

Albeit, I recently have been itching to draw something about the various creatures types (mostly forgotten realms) and have them state the deity they believe in..... since forgotten realms deities are so much more memorable.(Mystra, torm, Bane, Lord Ao, etc...)

I.E. different scenes depicting some journalist asking different characters who their patrons are.

Faerun Farmer says "Goddess of the grain! Chanteau"
    A merchant says "Mistress Waukeen! the merchant's friend!"

A bard would worship "The binder of knowledge, Oghma!

It would go on from there... into monsters, and even show the differences between same monsters of different alignment.

Evil Werewolves for the Beast lord Malar!
    Good and Neutral Werewolves would worship "Our silver lady! Selûne!"

Evil drow for... Lolth of course!
    Good & Neutral for the neutrally evil Shar! (cuz eilistraee is dead :O)

I don't know what fascinates me about this... simply that it's kinda fun to see what different types of deities all Forgotten realms denizens worship.

I guess it's the awesome deity involvement in most forgotten realms storylines? Where all these massive powers play with plots, mortal and immortal, to gain the upper hand.

It's also funny when you realize Lolth is only an intermediate goddess and that any Greater Diety may instantly cull her power if they wish... mmm...
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 10-07-2012 at 02:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    Albeit, I recently have been itching to draw something about the various creatures types (mostly forgotten realms) and have them state the deity they believe in..... since forgotten realms deities are so much more memorable.(Mystra, torm, Bane, Lord Ao, etc...)
    <3 for Forgotten Realms inspiration. It was my first D&D setting that I ever played in, and 80% of my characters are from that plane.

That is probably my favourite thing about FR as well, how in depth and developed the deities are. I also always adored how they would show up and meddle on the prime plane, much like the Greek gods of old. More then any other D&D setting I've been inspired to create characters, and draw those characters, more from Forgotten Realms then any other setting (although Birthright is a close 2nd for inspiration).

I personally don't know if the good drow would follow the evil Shar now that Eilistraee is dead, I could see them falling more into some of the good elven pantheon that would accept them, or mourning Eilistraeeans worshipping Selune, or even some of the other good human based gods- much like how Drizzt follows Mielikki.

Since DDO has a slightly different setting, I'm still hoping that they'll keep Eilistraee around. ^_^ (I'm a huge Eilistraee fan, I even have an 11' tall tattoo of her holy symbol on my back.) Many of the fans on Eilistraee.com keep hoping that they'll eventually bring back one that very popular FR deity... it's not as if gods stay dead in FR anyhow. I sort of view the DDO FR as another, alternate, prime Faerun.. somehow one that is very similar but has a few slight differences.

My deviantART gallery

Quote Originally Posted by Luadrilae View Post
    <3 for Forgotten Realms inspiration. It was my first D&D setting that I ever played in, and 80% of my characters are from that plane.

That is probably my favourite thing about FR as well, how in depth and developed the deities are. I also always adored how they would show up and meddle on the prime plane, much like the Greek gods of old. More then any other D&D setting I've been inspired to create characters, and draw those characters, more from Forgotten Realms then any other setting (although Birthright is a close 2nd for inspiration).

I personally don't know if the good drow would follow the evil Shar now that Eilistraee is dead, I could see them falling more into some of the good elven pantheon that would accept them, or mourning Eilistraeeans worshipping Selune, or even some of the other good human based gods- much like how Drizzt follows Mielikki.

Since DDO has a slightly different setting, I'm still hoping that they'll keep Eilistraee around. ^_^ (I'm a huge Eilistraee fan, I even have an 11' tall tattoo of her holy symbol on my back.) Many of the fans on Eilistraee.com keep hoping that they'll eventually bring back one that very popular FR deity... it's not as if gods stay dead in FR anyhow. I sort of view the DDO FR as another, alternate, prime Faerun.. somehow one that is very similar but has a few slight differences.
    Yap Same. My first intro to D&D was Baldur's gate. Then I read the forgotten realm's time of troubles/avatar crisis books.

So I guess... forgotten realms is the D&D world's gateway drug?

And, Agreed on Shar. Was like.. hum... well she's neutral evil so maaaayyybeeee drow pray to her for guidance in the underdark; but ya, she's pretty evil. And sucks about eilistraee.

But maybe like mystra and bane? They hide/gift their godly essence in random people to be reborn?

It's expressedly so with Mystra....

Mytral -> Midnight -> Now Anna? It's like WOAH. :O She keeps coming back to life... like Dr. Who.

But it's the good kind of reborn I guess, where she doesn't take over the human vessels she inhabits and simply lets them follow their whims. (Glad most of the people she chose are good or at least neutral good.)

Hm... but wouldn't it be interesting if mystra chooses wrong and her neutral power finally tips the scale towards the dark. (i.e. cuz mystra's power seems to be simply keeping the balance of good and bad at this time... If she went bad, world will probably get blown up.)

So maybe... Maybe Eilastree will be back as an avatar of good again and go around solving some major problem by leading the wayward good/neutral drows into glorious victory and such. And, maybe; the drow will, in turn, be more accepted by the other civilized races.

In any case, talk is cheap. It's time to do arts!

Right after mabar's night event and I pull a CITW twilight of course.....
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 10-08-2012 at 05:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    Fun stuff! Shouldn't some of the comics be listed too? Maybe I'm just missing them.
    Good call! We'd already pinned Nirelle's work, but now have added the classic DDO 1 Liners and the Magnificent Misadventures of Mustardo. Can you (or others) think of good comics to pin?
    Join us on Twitch!

I'd totally buy that soul stone pendant

Community Member

You should track down the baked goods posted last year ...
    Khyber Server -- New Aundair

Default Put the THAC0 comic on Pintrest

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Good call! We'd already pinned Nirelle's work, but now have added the classic DDO 1 Liners and the Magnificent Misadventures of Mustardo. Can you (or others) think of good comics to pin?
    Here is a link to the THAC0 comic art done by Yfront (AKA Drafur). I just ask that you edit out the ones with me in it.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=253421
    Bronko Lawbringer
    Founder, Guild Leader, & Official Meat Shield™ of THAC0 on Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Make Gazebo cry.
    www.thaczero.net

What if one of our artists could make a comic of the "Worst Shroud PUG Ever!!!"
    That surely would be one great comic!
    The story is absurdity hilarious!
    Congrats to MrWizard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    This is Dungeons and Dragons Online, not classical Greek mythology.
    Quote Originally Posted by MadFloyd View Post
    I am admin. I don't need HPs

Quote Originally Posted by jejeba86 View Post
    What if one of our artists could make a comic of the "Worst Shroud PUG Ever!!!"
    That surely would be one great comic!
    The story is absurdity hilarious!
    Congrats to MrWizard.
    Thanks for sharing. It was kinda funny, but I believe it also gave me some cancer.... brain cancer?

I liken the experience to staring at a well dressed clown licking a dirty metal pole in a New York subway car....

It's pretty hilarious till the train crashes like a bad accident that you just can't look away from.... and then ....just.... clown shoes everywhere.

I'm not sure where it should go, but "The Miss Stormreach Contest" really should be on there somewhere. Many newer players haven't seen it, I'm sure!
    A PUG is like a box of chocolates
    Get people to read your post.

I've added as much of this new stuff as I can. Thanks for the great suggestions!
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Galeria View Post
    I'm not sure where it should go, but "The Miss Stormreach Contest" really should be on there somewhere. Many newer players haven't seen it, I'm sure!
    I've played this game for 3 years and never saw it. OMG, this thing is hilarious!
    Cannith:
    Brigette; Warlock12/Monk3(14th life) || Aoeryn; Wiz20(3rd life).

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    order of the stick. Its d&d rather ddo but hey im sure the nice folks at giant in the play ground would be willing to consider cross advertising and they have a rather good pen and paper forum which many of your players often frequent.
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast