Default Fire Savant: not quite working as I hoped

So Fire Savants were given an ability to do 1d6*enhancements stacking up to 20 times. This seemed pretty awesome, so I rolled my toon over into one. It worked, but not quite as I had hoped.

Sitting in a firewall, the mob doesn't take additional stacks.
    Incendiary Cloud didn't seem to add a stack at all, only on occasion.
    Scorching Ray has three beams, yet only adds one stack.

In practice, I couldn't get the stack to go above 5 before any given mob died. That damage was about 150~. Not terribly impressed. I would hope this isn't WAI.

Apart from that, good job turbine. The trees work much nicer than the clucky old system we had before and lots of new possibilities have been opened up. I need to completely relearn the game, though

Yeah and Draconic Incarnation abilities do not even trigger them.

The 4th core buffs that we have should be only seen as boss dps. They are single target (for an aoe class ) so on trash these will be totally useless. And it is WAI, Feather said it. So, if you use DBF or any dot that you mentioned, only the class targeted will take 1 stack of the new dot. Pretty lame.

Now, on the dot damage, I'm seeing different numbers from what I've seen on Lama. My dot, stacked at 20, was hitting for 250 non crit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rys View Post
    Severlin and Severlin Online. PLAY FOR FREE* NOW!

*maybe
    Farwil, Chaos Gamblers - Argonessen.

Quote Originally Posted by Syllph View Post
    So Fire Savants were given an ability to do 1d6*enhancements stacking up to 20 times. This seemed pretty awesome, so I rolled my toon over into one. It worked, but not quite as I had hoped.

In practice, I couldn't get the stack to go above 5 before any given mob died. That damage was about 150~. Not terribly impressed. I would hope this isn't WAI.
    Note that the dot procs whenever a fire spell hits a target. For example: Scorching ray hits enemy, you'll get four damage procs. Three rays and the dot. Same for other fire spells. Use burning hands, enemy has evasion and saves. Dot still procs on spell hit. I've done many EE quests and got the dot up to 20 stacks. With 390 fire spellpower and no metamagic's used the dot does 350 on average, crits for 750. Keep in mind it procs for every spell hit. So Shiradi Sorc spamming scorching ray(very low cool down). Does a ton of damage.

Community Member

Also note that the ability can only proc on ONE enemy at a time. Throw a wall of fire out without anything hard targeted and it will hit one single random enemy every so many seconds, not all of them. Same with all area spells.

Community Member

Remember, Immolation states that its trigger is on fire spell cast, and that it affects your target when triggered... so it sounds like it's working exactly as described. It's not meant to be triggered by any creature taking damage from one of your fire spells - it's something extra that happens when you actually *cast* the spell. Perhaps not the most intuitive or helpful possible result, but at least the description's accurate. And on the plus side, it's extra damage, and potentially quite a lot of it. It's best for single, hard targets, but that's good for fire, which doesn't get a stacking DoT like electric or cold.