Community Member

Default ED & Assassinate glitches? has it been just me?

For the past few days me ED abilities have been very chaotic in when and if they work.
    Today it spread to PRE abilities. Most of the day I couldn't assassinate anything. my DC's are fine (48). I had to TCB so I didn't get to investigate why.
    Then when I switched to my other assassin it started working.
    Now I'm back on the former and assassinate is working fine but ED abilities are screwed up again. I can't get a charge at all.
    Krimsonrayne -Ultimate Lord of Shadows on Orien server.
    Using -Ethan Hunt build -Assassin III, 900+ HP versatile, survivalist, high dps, str build.
    Build presented in video format. Long Live R.O.G.U.E.

Community Member

Default hehe

Wai!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusParthas View Post
    For the past few days me ED abilities have been very chaotic in when and if they work.
    Today it spread to PRE abilities. Most of the day I couldn't assassinate anything. my DC's are fine (48). I had to TCB so I didn't get to investigate why.
    Now I'm back on the former and assassinate is working fine but ED abilities are screwed up again. I can't get a charge at all.
    Yup, I haven't notice myself getting a shadowcharge ever. No clue how it is supposed to work
    Thelanis: Botar, Klogar, Saludar, Shantarr, Karygon

Community Member

I've noticed that if the assassinate event is not what kills the mob, then you don't get the shadow charge. Sometimes, I've noticed my weapon or weapon effect killed the mob and not the actual assassination attempt and I get no shadow charge. It's aggravating, but it's the most effective way to build shadow charges in my experience. Shrouding Strike/Shot is, frankly, a pain to use and I never use it.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Coyopa View Post
    I've noticed that if the assassinate event is not what kills the mob, then you don't get the shadow charge. Sometimes, I've noticed my weapon or weapon effect killed the mob and not the actual assassination attempt and I get no shadow charge. It's aggravating, but it's the most effective way to build shadow charges in my experience. Shrouding Strike/Shot is, frankly, a pain to use and I never use it.
    That was actually exactly the information I was looking for when I came to this page. I couldn't figure out why I couldn't get charges experimenting on low level mobs in Searing Heights. Thanks for posting.

Community Member

Default yup

Shadow charges dont work reliably. On an assassin/artie build i was running i couldnt get charges from ranged kills to save my life. After a couple months with no fixes i stopped playing my assassin builds.

Sucks because i really enjoy that particular playstyle, the ed bugs were just too frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by MaximusParthas View Post
    Not had this issue on my assassin, but I have to say a 48 dc is low for high level stuff. My dc sits at 56 and that will still fail occasionally.

Ent
    Impi! wo 'nans' impi iyeza
    Obani bengathinta amabhubesi?