Been trying to run this with a guildie on elite for streak; then hard, getting our a$$e$ handed to us. Is there some kind of strategy I'm not trying against the primal wisps? Hold monster/ Charm monster/ dancing ball/ wail of the banshee/ most elemental spells do nothing at all, and the few spells that do (necrotic ray as group leader of the PUG I finally finished with mentioned), force missiles and necrotic blast do OK (250-300 normally) but nowhere near fast enough to make them a viable option... what am I missing? We get in, hang a left and immediately are beset by wood woads and primal wisps. Walking slower, sneaking, none of that appears to make a difference. They all appear at once and the whole clearing is beset. We got a rogue that was able to pull about half at a time, but even then without a lot of luck with the die rolls we would have wiped...
Drama: To that group I ran with last night, I do not apologize for anything I said, and will go so far as to put it out there that there are a few guidelines everyone should endeavor to go by. I will not name names, or bring the offending party any attention, but:
1. I don't care if you have a baby, RL issues, a buddy in Iraq/ Iran/ prison/ McDonald's working the drive thru. None of that concerns me. If you go AFK, common courtesy is to at least type something into party chat like "AFK", "baby" "brb" , "I have herps" or whatever. In this particular instance the group leader mentioned the person had been taking "TV breaks", whatever that is, and that is rude and inconsiderate.
2. This is a video game. I am not going to be pedantic insofar as my diction or usage of grammar whilst playing a video game. My point was gotten across. If you feel the need to constantly correct people's grammar, become a teacher. According to most politicians that's the way to make untold millions anyway. Doing it once or twice is funny. Doing it over and over makes you a tool.
3. Saying I suck because I did not lead the kill count is a lame, overused and ignorant argument when I mention you are a filthy piker and should log off and take care of your child instead of wasting a party slot with your constant unannounced AFKs. There are a myriad bunch of reasons I am not leading kill count: If the stuff in there was CC-able, I may be busy doing crowd control. I may be busy buffing the group. I WAS busy kiting wood woads while the rest of the group was busy heroically fighting wisps. Only a first life no talent moron puts forth kill count as evidence of someone doing more or not doing enough. It takes very little to be the last person to hit something. If your argument for your worth in a party or someone else's lack of worth is kill count, you do not have a leg to stand on. Yes, I say this and I have led kill count on a lot of quests in this game. If that's all you can come up with and you weren't even there to see what I was doing, you have lost the argument.
4. When one party or the other tried to amicably end the petty bickering by going back to trying to complete the quest, keeping up your side of the argument the entire time just goes to show what a petty loser you really are. Grow up and drop it.
5. If I am standing on the OTHER SIDE OF THE LARGE CLEARING from the enemies assisting the rest of the party when you finish doing 1-4 above and finally grace us with your presence and I manage to pull all aggro using un-empowered, un-heightened, un-maximized ice storm and force missiles off of the rest of the party and die, making snarky comments about me dying will make me love you. Maybe a little less since you obviously can't keep aggro from a "gimpy undead distraction" as you called me, but love nevertheless because people who are socially inept fascinate me. Mentioning that I am a TR and I should be able to self heal out of any situation was icing on the cake. If the idea that TRs should never die and should be invincible is what the norm is (and reading the forums one could very conceivably come to that conclusion) then why play the game once you reincarnate? You are completely, totally invincible, what fun is there to be had playing the game? What kind of arrogant prick are you that you play a game where you cannot die and drag others who are less fortunate through quests to document your awesomeness? Dying doesn't mean I am a terrible player. It means I was at least trying instead of finding a safe hollow to hide in while everyone else goes out and does my dirty work, and I would rather die than cower like a beaten dog in the corner.
To the person I said I wouldn't mention and then went on to mention over and over in the above post, I have only known you for about 30 minutes and based on that I highly doubt anyone would spend the time getting to know you enough to reproduce with you, but if that was the case having a kid in no way excuses you acting like you did. I have a small child too and RL takes precedence any day of the week but a little common courtesy goes a long way in a game. Just the fact that I know you have a kid is more than I need to know, and this goes to a larger issue I think that exists in this game as a whole. I don't need to know ANYTHING about you or your life or your disabilities or your political leanings or what drugs/ alcohol you are under the influence of or where you live or where you go to school or what color your underwear is (really, someone in a PUG felt the need to tell me that) or how you had a bad day at work. This is a game. I log on to play a game with anonymous people and if the conversation floats a little to that end that's fine but I in no way need to know anything about you that I can't figure out in a game. Keep it impersonal people.