Thread: wraps and bugs

Default wraps and bugs

Ok i got few days ago lootgen cold iron wraps (lootgen mean that i didnt get them from DA), i already had cold iron wraps from DA for a long time sitting at my bank and i decided to craft eventually DQ beaters. So far i was using either metalline of GEOB or w/e if we had arti which in most occasions we did.

So anyway i decided to craft the lootgen wraps and few hours later we'r at EEADQ and im ready to test them...u can imagine my surprise when i was watching yellow numbers above her head (aka with DR)...i switched to combat log and there it was...you deal x bludgeon dmg after y were blocked by cold iron dmg reduction and im like O.o ***

So yesterday i asked a guildie to help me test them...he got fay form for cold iron DR and we went on a pvp...the lootgen wraps were still bugged and couldnt bypass cold iron DR, then i switched to DA cold iron wraps and they were working correctly

Anyone else reported about lootgen wraps with DR breakers to be bugged? I guess mine aresnt the first..and certainly not the last bugged wraps

Thx in advance
    Gimpfest
    Gorlacon 6th life BF Assassin ~ Gyristroula 6th life Human Disciple of Light ~ Reepz 5th life PDK Kensei ~ Gorlaxz 5th life BF Pala
    Orien

I had a similar experience with flametouched wraps not breaking good dr. Not all of them, but I can now spot the bad ones because they have a much shorter description than the ones that work.

One symptom of the bugged metal type was that it did not add +1 to the enchantment level of the wraps. Easiest test: decon the wraps. If they have 0 enchantment level, they're bugged and won't break dr. If they list the enchantment level as +1 despite being completely disjuncted, they're working and will break dr.

i see...nice piece of info

I hope not all lootgen DR breaker wraps are bugged :P
    Gimpfest
    Gorlacon 6th life BF Assassin ~ Gyristroula 6th life Human Disciple of Light ~ Reepz 5th life PDK Kensei ~ Gorlaxz 5th life BF Pala
    Orien

Community Member

Same happened to me.

I have creafted silver hw from before update 14, and they continue to work just fine.

I wanted to upgrade my damage by buying silver hw with ML:20, and used them to craft ML20 silver hw of glob, and they don't work, unfortunately, i didn't check before deconstructing, if they break silver dr, but at least after crafting them , the didn't.

I thought it would perhaps be a new bug only for ML20 handwraps? Since deconstructing my non-ML20 silver handwraps did still break silver DR....

Do AML20 wraps even add anything? I know AML20 weapons give 2[W], but that's a different system for handwraps based on monk levels. Do the AML20 wraps add a die step like the Garments of Equilibirum?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    One symptom of the bugged metal type was that it did not add +1 to the enchantment level of the wraps. Easiest test: decon the wraps. If they have 0 enchantment level, they're bugged and won't break dr. If they list the enchantment level as +1 despite being completely disjuncted, they're working and will break dr.
    The +1 enhancement test is not entirely true, I have a set of AML20 silver threaded wraps that i have deconstructed and crafted on and these do not break silver DR. They passed the +1 enhancement test upon deconstruct and are still bugged and do not break silver DR.

And yes i black screened it (aka bug reported it)

Quote Originally Posted by Skeald View Post
    The +1 enhancement test is not entirely true, I have a set of AML20 silver threaded wraps that i have deconstructed and crafted on and these do not break silver DR. They passed the +1 enhancement test upon deconstruct and are still bugged and do not break silver DR.

And yes i black screened it (aka bug reported it)
    Booooo!

This makes me a very sad panda. Is there any way you can see to identify your silver wraps as bugged? Is the description of silver, alchemical any different than on silver wraps that work? Is anything whatsoever different about them? (Like normally they say "Silver Threaded" but the bugged ones say "Silver Thread" or something? Anything?)

+1 to you for the highly valuable info. The best real test for silver wraps I think is to decon them completely and jump into Devil Assault and see if they break bearded devil DR with nothing but their silver-ness.