Can we do that server merge already? :/
    Some data collected between 6:55pm and 7:00pm EST Tuesday 10/2

Kyber
    66 players level 25
    189 players level 20+

Cannith
    51 Players level 25
    182 players level 20+

Seems like in this snapshot, Cannith is doing fine.
    Last edited by Fejj; 10-02-2012 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Added (pm)

Quote Originally Posted by Fejj View Post
    Some data collected between 6:55 and 7:00 EST Tuesday 10/2

Kyber
    66 players level 25
    189 players level 20+

Cannith
    51 Players level 25
    182 players level 20+

Community Member

Some data collected between 6:55pm and 7:00pm EST Tuesday 10/2

Kyber
    66 players level 25
    189 players level 20+

Cannith
    51 Players level 25
    182 players level 20+

What I see in that snapshot is that both servers would benefit from the merge.
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    This is my opinion as well. Those numbers are pathetically low for a game that describes itself as "massively multiplayer."

Community Member

THeres more people playing tabletop at this very moment then on any of these servers !!!!

Hey k your right and ive been saying it before pre motu it's a ghost town on cannith .

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    This, and why is there even separate servers anyway...
    Officer Of Templar - Now Recruiting
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

Community Member

I read Fejj's post (thanks for the data point) and was going to comment on the low number of players, but now I see that numerous other people beat me to it.

Ugh, those numbers extrapolate out to less than 1,000 people per server. I certainly hope the lower levels were better represented. The truth is, there are quite likely even fewer actual people. Dual (or more) boxing is becoming more and more widely used.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    I really dont understand why someone would be against a server merge.
    Agreed

There are plenty of people who believe that "LAG" is related to server load.
    Server side load is obviously a factor. However, the instances are load balanced over a cluster of machines. For all I know, a physical server could be hosting both Cannith and Khyber instances simultaneously already.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarnind View Post
    This is a bad time for ddo
    How's GW2? Not bored of the wait for NWN? DDO is here already, how about rolling a fresh new toon?
    Praise the Dark Six and pass the heals to pure melees.
    Full feat tree; Cannith; change; merger; evil; win; minmaxing; FotM; deja vu; Kobolds.
    Dungeons and Dragons Online ~ Nude Song and Gnarled Onions

Community Member

Cannith would benefit more from fixing the community by dropping old grudges than a merge. If you merge Cannith with any server you´ll probably end up with more of the same drama.

One poster suggested a fresh start on another server, I know great players that have done that and deleted all their toons on Cannith to cover their tracks. That just shows how bad the drama became and how deep the pride fueled grudges run. Who would ever want to merge with Cannith?

If the Cannith community can´t be fixed due to pride or whatever, maybe its time to build another one. Fresh with korthos citizen and everything.

Pyreal af Templar

I'm all for having more people to play with, and honestly I don't really get the objections. Name changes? Character slots? Seems pretty trivial compared to having people to play a multiplayer game with.

Or just shut down cannith and allow us to move anywhere, I bet most of your names haven't been used on wayfinder if that's your #1 priority.
    Gildus, Yhvain, Sabathiel, Einion

Cannith, GOCI
    Be Chill, have fun

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dolphious View Post
    I'm all for having more people to play with, and honestly I don't really get the objections. Name changes? Character slots? Seems pretty trivial compared to having people to play a multiplayer game with.

Or just shut down cannith and allow us to move anywhere, I bet most of your names haven't been used on wayfinder if that's your #1 priority.
    2 of those names have. I have no issues finding people to play with on any server but Wayfinder. This has made Wayfinder more fun in the limited availability of just about anything on the AH.

Cannith doesn't have a population problem based on my own gaming experience, YMMV. This being the case, there is no benefit to me from a merge and a net loss in access to characters unless slots are added to compensate. The names, meh, but still more I'd have to pay to change when I like them how and where they are now.

Default On thing that could make game better.

... a Rewamp of all items in normal/hard/elite form like the druid's pack.

That thing could make a lot of players come back i think. That influence the gain benefit of EE content without influencing the drop rates.

Coming back on the argument, yes i still think server merge wouldn't be that bad. These days lfms are poors for high level stuff.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Community Member

"server merge wouldn't be that bad"

Depends on lot of things.

- What would happen with the stuff in my characters' TR bank? via transferring, you loose everything there...
    - Shared bank... what if I have full shared banks on more servers?
    - Obviously, the character names... I like the names of my characters, and no, I dont wan't them to be XY-Cannith.
    - Favor related things, like FVS unlocked on one server (2500 favor), but not on the others.
    - Bugs and errors - we saw how Turbine was able to handle updates or simple patches, everytime they do something to fix, 1000 more bugs pop up.

So, I know, server merge is not a bad thing... until it strikes you with plenty of annoying things. One thing I learnt playing DDO, there is not a sure thing here, so I still would vote against that move, 'til they hire some competent people to do the job. Right now, I just don't trust them to handle anything more complicated than a ctrl-c / ctrl-v mechanism.

Community Member

Cross servers grouping...

...but it will never happen

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Voldomar View Post
    Cross servers grouping...
    Just imagine the part 1 Shroud chaos.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/File:M_portal_order_shroud.png

Portal 1 goes down and 1/3 goes left to hit their #2 while 2/3 go right to hit their #2. Even forum threads debating who's two to go to, too.
    Last edited by DocBenway; 10-05-2012 at 08:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DocBenway View Post
    Just imagine the part 1 Shroud chaos.
    http://ddowiki.com/page/File:M_portal_order_shroud.png

Portal 1 goes down and 1/3 goes left to hit their #2 while 2/3 go right to hit their #2. Even forum threads debating who's two to go to, too.
    I usually just split from the group on purpose because its the way i like to run shroud the less then 1 time i run it a month...
    KennyBurns - Electric Savant DPS~ KennyFails The Completionist - Rogue Stick Life 15/15 Completionist ~ KennyHeals - Fvs Healer~ KennyRanges - TWF Manyshoot Of Cannith

There's a solution to the lack of LFGs. ---> Make one!

More than 80% of ppl I know in game don't like to make LFGs or just don't cos they can solo it.

All of us have more toons at different lvl ranges that makes us able to join LFGs at different level ranges, so why do you need more than 180 players on server? You can't fit more than 12 in a party anyway.

My advice is: go out and PUG - make new friends. They will be the ones that usualy play at the same time as you. It's what I'm doing.
    I never lack ppl to party with, but I don't always force the content that I wanna play. Very often friends need help with flagging and/or grinding something. I've been planing to run Shroud for 1 week now (missing just 1 supreme to finish item, got all larges), but I don't get to 'cos there's always something else to do, someone else to help. That makes the game fun and interesting to play for me. For me pure grinding and favour running gets borring after second run.

Community Member

(Standard): You are now anonymous.

We should probably count those aswell.

Pyreal af Templar

Sooo....
    There's Almost 80 lvl 25's on and no one can get a lfm...
    Hmmm....
    What's the point of having lots of ppl on if they don't do anything?
    Doom?

Quote Originally Posted by Kennyburns View Post
    Sooo....
    There's Almost 80 lvl 25's on and no one can get a lfm...
    Hmmm....
    What's the point of having lots of ppl on if they don't do anything?
    Doom?
    Or it could be that they ARE doing things. Just because there isn't an active LFM doesn't mean that people are not in quests.

I did a series of epic elites yesterday, and for our free spots I put up an LFM. They filled in under 2 minutes each time.

LFM goes up. LFM fills. Stuff gets done.

Isn't that the point?
    Goddess! You know it baybee.

Nissha - Chanteuse - Zealotry - Zealot - Zeal
    Leader, High Rollers (Cannith)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast