Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Community Member

Default There are 19 level 25 characters online on Cannith right now.

Can we do that server merge already? :/
    Kmnh * Kmn * Kmm * Knn * Knm

Leader of Templar

Community Member

Aren't a lot of (level XP) capped people holding at 23 or 24 though rather then taking 25?

Quote Originally Posted by Kmnh View Post
    At the time of your post it is 5:18 am west coast US, PDT (8:18 am east coast US, EDT) on a Monday morning. Many people have jobs, school or other responsibilities that require them to be there at this time or in the near future.
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

That many huh?? For 8:15 AM, that's pretty good.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Wow what misguided post.

So when a large portion of the player base is offline you are going to decide the fate of servers based on that only 19 lvl 25 alts are on?

What would be better is why not tell everyone what would you gain by having a server merge if you want one so bad. What do you not have right now?

Quote Originally Posted by laurawilder View Post
    Wow what misguided post.

So when a large portion of the player base is offline you are going to decide the fate of servers based on that only 19 lvl 25 alts are on?

What would be better is why not tell everyone what would you gain by having a server merge if you want one so bad. What do you not have right now?
    Better question, which server would you like to merge with and how many level 25 characters were on at 5:18 am PDT?
    Cannith: Lysaer (assassin); Arithon (assassin, too); DrShortLove on the Wand (he's short, he's a cleric, he has a wand and he's not afraid to use it); Mindok the Mind Menace (he's short, he's dead, fear his finger); Naruvek (pewpewpew artificer); Rathain (monk, that is all); Rauven (pewpewpew mechanic); Saruvek (mutt)

No.

Community Member

It's monday, we haven't had any of those threads this week yet.

Oh wait...

Not taking a side on this persay, but last night at 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time I joined 5 other players that were forming a Caught in the Web Normal or Hard.......undecided. An hour later I rage quit and was the only person to ever leave that group during the process while we sat stagnate at 10 players. And three were Divine..........we were waiting for 2 breathers and uninterstested in shortmanning (which I also have no issue with.)

Sunday night late.............hard to form a raid.............I guess I get it, but just wanted to share. I'll be restructuring to Friday and Saturday mainstream time to try it for future runs.

Every server could be like this...........But this is the priemer raid as of right now.
    Varr's all over. Sarlona Varrr getting the love currently.

Community Member

There won't be any server merge, not in the next 10-12 months, get used to it. X-pack is only 3 months old, Turbine can't let such things happen. They will do everything to avoid it (see the cube pet advertisement), I'm sure they know how active the servers are, but they have a lot of tools to mask the facts to look better when they need that.

So, if you don't like to play on Cannith, you should just move on to another server or another game, 'cause things won't change soon.

I'm in a good guild and have good friends here, my only problem when I want to do challenges - those hard to fill sometimes. But I like Cannith and I'm not worried too much.

Heh. Checked the "who" panel just after reading the OP, and I recognized all but 2 of the level 25s on, and had partied with most of them.

For better or worse, the Cannith endgame family is very small, particularly the odd hours crowd.

Honestly, ddo is an instanced game...there is no reason to have seperate servers at all, just pool the server resources and give us some people to play with, at off hours it is not uncommon to have 3-5 lfms up TOTAL for all level ranges...basically solo or logoff.

2014 DDO Players Council Flavilandile's Avatar

That's much more than on Keeper at peak hour a few week before they announced the transfer towards the US. For an Early US Morning, Noonish Europe on a weekday... that's not bad.

Now the game can't be reduced to Level 25... there's 25 levels to go by... so how many people was showing in the panel at any level ? ( and remember anonymous people don't show... )
    On G-Land : Flavilandile, Blacklock, Yaelle, Millishande, Larilandile, Gildalinde, Tenalafel, and many other...

There is already an ingame option to move your characters to another server for the price of a large pizza.

If you are unhappy with Cannith move.

Your data is worthless without something to compair it with. Perhaps Cannith had the most level 25 players on that morning.

Each server I would bet has peak times, and slow times. Only Turbine has access to this type of information. Looking at Monday morning, when the game typically updates, is just silly to say "cannith is dead"

Obviously server mergers happened in the past, and would happen again if needed.

As far as CiTW Varr, .... the raid is horrible. Its not fun, the loot drops are bad, the loot is not really desired by anyone, and you use that to rate how active the server is?!?

I play exclusivly on Cannith EST between 7pm-12am (prime time I know) and have never had any problems with finding a group at any range. There are however players and guilds I try to avoid running with. Some of the Cannith "end game guilds" have a bad reputation. This could be a reason so many people tend to TR rather than stay at level 25..

Anyway - No thanks to a server merge. (since we forums posters have a say in that sort of thing)

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post
    Not taking a side on this persay, but last night at 1:00 AM Eastern Standard Time I joined 5 other players that were forming a Caught in the Web Normal or Hard.......undecided. An hour later I rage quit and was the only person to ever leave that group during the process while we sat stagnate at 10 players. And three were Divine..........we were waiting for 2 breathers and uninterstested in shortmanning (which I also have no issue with.)
    Why? Why in the world were you waiting? Why in the world were you uninterested in short-manning after an hour?
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

I really dont understand why someone would be against a server merge. If you play with the same group of people you can continue to play with them. Your game wont change. On the other hand if you pug a lot you will have more opportunities to play. Everyone wins.

Quote Originally Posted by lugoman View Post
    I really dont understand why someone would be against a server merge.
    There are plenty of people who believe that "LAG" is related to server load.

One could debate all day where specific lag comes from, but no matter what, a higher server load at peak times will create more lag.

Take the peak load from Cannith, and add in the peak load from server X and you have problems.

While I believe most "LAG" is client side, there are times when server side lag is more obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Varr View Post

Sunday night late.............hard to form a raid.............I guess I get it, but just wanted to share. I'll be restructuring to Friday and Saturday mainstream time to try it for future runs.

Every server could be like this...........But this is the priemer raid as of right now.

I'm not sure I agree this is the premier raid. Newest raid...yeah, premier...no. I see more EVON 5/6 and EADQ's than just about anything. Even VOD and HOX are easier parties to fill than CITW.

I also think alot of newer people are afraid to join a CITW LFM. If your just looking for warm bodies, say so and maybe some of the newbs will join.
    Last edited by kinggartk; 10-01-2012 at 10:52 AM.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Forum Turtle
    2014 DDO Players Council

Aside from the lag belief that Lugo mentioned, go to the Sarlona forum, and read the really old posts, from when they merged with another server. There was a LOT of crazy unpleasantness between the two groups of people. I don't know why it was there, but it's in the threads and I've been told was all over general chat. I think people form an identity with thier server cultures, and aren't necessarily open to new ones. I would love to see an inflow of new people at all levels on Sarlona, sure, but it seems like I'm in the minority.
    Turtel, Turtley Wrath, Tortoisse, Waterssong, Victerr Creed, Utahraptor, Velocaraptor, Minddancer, Loggerhead, Matamata, Sulcata, Ticerratops, Sierrann, Hankx, Shartelhane

Member of Highlords of Malkier! Help channel, everyone welcome in this channel!

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Why? Why in the world were you waiting? Why in the world were you uninterested in short-manning after an hour?
    Thanks to my 20 life tr train just coming to an end, this was only the second time running this raid for me. I was not host nor did I feel knowledgable enough to insist on starting. I did ask if this raid was like Cronos where we could start and others could join in process, or shroud where people got locked out.

After the answer was it was like Cronos and players could join along the way...........then waiting 4 or 5 min........i assumed the group in mass agreed with waiting. That is when i lost my patience with the situation (not group) and logged off.

Quote Originally Posted by kinggartk View Post
    I'm not sure I agree this is the premier raid. Newest raid...yeah, premier...no. I see more EVON 5/6 and EADQ's than just about anything. Even VOD and HOX are easier parties to fill than CITW.

I also think alot of newer people are afraid to join a CITW LFM. If your just looking for warm bodies, say so and maybe some of the newbs will join.
    Sematnics perhaps here.............I consider the newest raids always to be the premier assuming the general power gamers and most addicted and engaged will fill them first. Having looted the lesser, older raids.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast