Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sorcerer build

Quote Originally Posted by Such755 View Post
    I agree on almost everything, especially feats to AVOID, but I don't agree that empower is necessary for all casters. Wizard's main power is his high DCs and mainly death spells, thus not relying on raw power, so for him empower can be skipped, as long as you have maximize for mobs that are immune to death or just bosses.
    I also think that heighten is a must even for earth savant, you still have DCs on some of your conjuration spells, you'll want to heighten web as well, and have SOME means of death spells and even enchantment, as low as your DC will be, they can come in extremely handy.
    I'd take Heighten on an Earth Savant for Flesh to Stone and Web. No reason you shouldn't have a couple of solid CC capabilities, especially things like F2S which puts people in a 50% damage state.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Quote Originally Posted by Treepower View Post
    hello again now my sor if lvl 18 and he is good ty for you'r help but i don't know if take 2 monk lvl for evasion or 2 sor to be lvl 20 sor and get +20% damage on any spell, please help
    That really depends on your reflex, you will need a reflex score of 30+ for evasion to be really useful imo.

The capstone is not what it used to be so you you are not loosing that much and a Infused Chaosrobe can be crafted with +10 reflex but you will be loosing out on some spells!

You can cast very good cc spells with good evocation dc for example greater shout and electric loop have heighten on but turn off empower and maximize.
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post
    That really depends on your reflex, you will need a reflex score of 30+ for evasion to be really useful imo.

The capstone is not what it used to be so you you are not loosing that much and a Infused Chaosrobe can be crafted with +10 reflex but you will be loosing out on some spells!

You can cast very good cc spells with good evocation dc for example greater shout and electric loop have heighten on but turn off empower and maximize.
    let's say without traps, with evasion i can evad or evade (i don't know how to write this) almost any spell and i did enter the kobold today any fire ball 160 damage with evasion i could survive there that was too much damage for concentration

Yeah that end fight can be really tough but you will still need high reflex save to evade spells let take Enter the Kobold end fight as an example:

Normal: 20+ reflex save
    Hard: 30+ reflex save
    Elite: 40+ reflex save (you will have to have good self healing there those living spells are no joke)

What I am saying is that 2 monk splash is very viable if you can get your reflex save up
    Argo: Hilmir - Purkilius - Jinu - Vignir

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Purkilius View Post
    Yeah that end fight can be really tough but you will still need high reflex save to evade spells let take Enter the Kobold end fight as an example:

Normal: 20+ reflex save
    Hard: 30+ reflex save
    Elite: 40+ reflex save (you will have to have good self healing there those living spells are no joke)

What I am saying is that 2 monk splash is very viable if you can get your reflex save up
    ty

Community Member

Evade can certainly be nice, but you'll need to decide if giving up the spells you lose and caster level is worth it. If end cap were actually 20% stacking I wouldn't even consider it, but my understanding is that since the U14 update it's 20 spell power, which is **** by comparison.

Assuming we're talking about sorcerers (this IS a sorcerer thread), I think evasion is pointless to try and achieve. Wizards can do it well, since they can get insightful reflexes and they mesh very well with a rogue splash. Clerics, FVS, and Druids all have good synergy with a monk splash due to wisdom and the ocean stance. Sorcerers have none of these resources to draw on and, at best, have good synergy with Paladins due to high CHA and the Paladin's CHA bonus to saves.

The only efficient way for a sorcerer to get decent evasion is to splash 2 Paladin and 2 Monk or Rogue. This takes too much away from your casting abilities. You should be focusing on spellpower, DC's, and getting your CHA higher, not focusing on evasion and reflexes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12