Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    12 posters.. sure. How many active posters do we have on the forums? 100? 150? lets say 150.
    How many active players? 50,000 sound ok to you? Sounds low to me but hey.. what do I know about issues.

That would be roughly 4,000 effected players. Yeap, very few people.
    Not sure why you insist on fabricating numbers.

Turbine is on record as saying the bug has affected less than 1% of the players.

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    And, I will note that there has not been a single person who has decided to reincarnate since this thread got started who has come along and said they had a problem. Every person who has decided to take the risk has had no issue.

Those are just the facts.
    Therigar,
    I have absolutely no issue with your reasoning and your opinion.

But I do have a little issue with the fact that I've quoted above.

The fact that "Every person who has decided to take the risk has had no issue" does indeed add weight to your theory that the "risk is small".

But until a Dev can actually attest to the issue being fixed, it gives absolutely no insight on any person's individual chance to be affected by the Epic Xp loss bug.

Since we don't know why some are affected, we also don't know why others aren't. For all we know it just may be that all the people that have made the "all ok" posts all shared the same middle initial and that's what protected them.

All it shows is that the issue has not grown. It has not shown that it has decreased in chance.

Until the Devs actually release some real information, we don't really know anything. The only update we had from them is that theybasically have no idea yet why it occurs.

The only other thing we've heard is that they are working on ways to "assist" those "negatively affected by the bug (as opposed to positively affected I suppose)", with no specifics whatsoever. Those affected by the bug are still waiting two months to even hear something about how they will be "helped". In the meantime, they have to basically restart.

So what happened to the promised "assistance"? Was it on it's way to those affected but just banged into another bug?
    And why can't the Devs "manually" reapply the XP? Why would that create a problem?

Without any word from the Devs, all it looks like is just really shoddy customer service to most people.
    Even to some of the people who have no problems with most aspects of the game.

We invest hours in playing a game. And, if there is something that goes wrong we have, at the very most, lost those hours of game play. But, it is hardly life threatening or life ending.
    Let me try to show you a different perspective: time.

Time is the only thing you will never get back, once you spend it. And it's limited.

When you lose all those million XP, you lose two kinds of time: the time you SPENT playing the game to acquire the XP, and the time you SPENT earning the money to play for the game.

Now, if the "time is money" old saying is true, how much do you think Turbine is owing to the playerbase that lose all those millions of XP?

Even if you don't earn your own money, you still spend time playing the game. So, this HUGE bug is a big deal to many people, not because of the bug itself, but because Turbine doesn't repay them the lost time (either monetarily, or by giving back the XP).

Carry on.
    ~ Gaeryus (Sor14/FvS4/Pal2) Firebrand ~ ~ Phlegma (12Fgt/6Rog/2Pal)(L13)(eTR2) van Moyst ~
    ~ Hakashe (Pal14/Monk6)(L3)Nurigatu ~ ~ Koergan (Cle17/Brb2/Fgt1)Flamebeard ~
    Ex-Captain of the Flying Funk ~ ~ Ascent ~ ~ Epic Farming Videos ~ ~ New and Exciting Bugs

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    This is currently an issue that will require dev work to fix. Right now it's not possible to take a third class in a +LR if you are into your Epic levels. This is something we'll have to fix in a future update or patch.
    The Known Issue happens if your character is currently in it's Epic levels, and you attempt to add a third class that you don't already have on your character. I'm still looking into the LR issue in which some folks have lost their Epic Destiny XP, so unfortuantely I don't have anything to pass along right now on that one.
    As seen in http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...16#post4665716

Cleaning up this thread. If folks wish to continue discussing this bug, they need to stop insulting or fighting with each other. Remember, it's okay to have a different opinion from someone...no need to sling personal attacks and insults.

On the bug itself, if you've visited the Lamannia public preview forums you'll see that our Update 15 Patch 2 Release Notes currently have two fixes aimed at addressing this issue. While it's possible that there might be another way this bug is manifesting itself, these fixes should hopefully take care of most, if not all, of the (relatively) small number of folks being affected by this bug. These fixes won't resolve the issue for those already affected, but should prevent it from happening in the future.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Community Member

These fixes won't resolve the issue for those already affected, but should prevent it from happening in the future.
    I dont live in the future i live in the present. You just told me that the 20 Superior exp pots i bought to level my EDs was for nothing.!!!!!!!

Also considering Fernandos claim that there would be 2 bugfixes this year would mean that, IF you would ever consider giving people back whats lost, it would be NEXT year!

Im uninstalling now and ill keep people posted of this extremely awkward interpretation of service you provide!

These fixes won't resolve the issue for those already affected, but should prevent it from happening in the future.
    Any ideas what you'll be doing to compensate those (relatively) small number of people who were affected by this issue?

Anything at all?

Quote Originally Posted by eonfreon View Post
    Any ideas what you'll be doing to compensate those (relatively) small number of people who were affected by this issue?

Anything at all?
    Discussions are taking place. When there's more information to pass along in this regard, we'll make sure to let folks know.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by MysticElaine View Post
    I don't think that this is in any way related to any bug issue regarding loss of xp, tomes or epic destinies. As far as I can tell this is an entirely different issue and it is not the basis of any of the complaints in any of the threads on reincarnation bugs.

It certainly doesn't fit into the broad scope of "don't reincarnate" which is what I've been addressing. At the very most it is a situation of requiring you to do a later reincarnate to add the desired 3d class when the issue gets resolved.

Is it an issue? I suppose so. Is it in the category of those that some are calling "game breaking" -- I don't believe it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ew_vastano View Post
    Originally Posted by Therigar View Post

Turbine has said they know there is an issue. They have said that they will work with people who have had
    that is just it turbine ARE NOT helping or working with anyone that has had an issue
    they (turbine) are keeping silent hoping that the people who lost xp will just dissapear or like a few i know go out and re-earn it
    I don't think this is the case.

I think they are still working on the bug. If you check Cordovan's post you'll note that they are testing a solution on Lamannia. IIRC, I linked that thread in an earlier message.

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Red like a Rep Box
    With great glee and happiness
    The Cube eats the threads
    Squish squish goes the cube
    Infracting without reason
    Forumites beware!
    "And you ate an apple, and I ate a pear,
    From a dozen of each we had bought somewhere;
    And the sky went wan, and the wind came cold,
    And the sun rose dripping, a bucketful of gold. " - Millay

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

On the bug itself, if you've visited the Lamannia public preview forums you'll see that our Update 15 Patch 2 Release Notes currently have two fixes aimed at addressing this issue. While it's possible that there might be another way this bug is manifesting itself, these fixes should hopefully take care of most, if not all, of the (relatively) small number of folks being affected by this bug. These fixes won't resolve the issue for those already affected, but should prevent it from happening in the future.
    Point of fact. None of the people that have publicily come forward ever crashed. So the first fix while good to fix, was NOT the issue they faced.

The 2nd one, could have good repercussions about keeping it from happening. Yet unless something has been posted in the last 5 hours, there has been no "fix" for the people effected by it. As stated, last 5 hours (I've been in a meeting) so I could be wrong on that one at this point.

Discussions are taking place. When there's more information to pass along in this regard, we'll make sure to let folks know.
    Ah. So "still investigating". So at least there is some hope for the (relatively) small number negatively affected by the bug.

Hang tough folks.
    Good luck.

But, seriously, that is way over reacting. Cordovan didn't say nothing was coming. The post said that the fix to the bug doesn't mean those already affected suddenly become unaffected.

But, it also suggests that Turbine is looking at an appropriate compensation.
    Yeah, eventually. Judging by the regular schedule, we can expect people might get their xp back in about 3 months or so. I can absolutely understand someone quiting the game over this, after investing days and money (xp pots) into it and have it all gone.

To use the standard flimsy car analogy: imagine you woke up one day and your car was gone... and the police tells you, a month after the incident, you'll probably get it back in 3 months. If you would be angry about it, clearly you'd be overreacting...

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GermanicusMaximus View Post
    fanboi:

Someone who is hopelessly devoted to something and will like anything associated with thier (sic) particular thing.

In the interest of greater cultural sensitivity, is there a new, more politically correct term that we should now be using when referring to your demographic?
    Fanboi also see Otaku.

Both terms have negative connotations and are seen as trolling/name calling by Turbine.

The correct spelling without negative connotation is "fanboy" or "fangirl" depending upon the gender of the person you are talking to or about and is allowed by Turbine.

Is it an issue? I suppose so. Is it in the category of those that some are calling "game breaking" -- I don't believe it is.
    You suppose so? Why would they fix something if there was not an issue? You dont believe it is "game breaking" to lose 18 million xp even if it is a rare chance?
    Flabby-Flaber-Flabo--Heifer-Oinks

LEGION

Quote Originally Posted by Missing_Minds View Post
    Not certain why you insist on using lies either.
    Please tell me what lie I'm being accused of telling.

I do not know why you feel it necessary to resort to meanness in this. I looked at every reported reincarnation problem that I could find on the forums and did not find anything from you about you having had a problem.

So, why is it that you are so angry over this issue and exactly what is it that is causing you to claim that I'm lying.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    Therigar your a liar
    You see, Wabisuki I can understand being angry. Still nothing that I lied about. But, I can understand their anger. According to their post they lost all their epic destinies on or about 27 July. And, that was well before Tolero's post on 13 September.

I can understand Wabisuki even if they are wrong about me lying.

But, what is it with you? Why the anger and meanness?

Please provide what you consider to have been a lie so that people can see for themselves.

Going forward, maybe you should create a small text file everytime someone reincarnates, and store the total amount of epic XP they have, and the number of tomes they have applied.

One small text file. Delete it after a month

Then you can manually fix the tiny number of people who get affected by this bug immediately, and get tons of good press.

Very easy script. One small text file.

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teh_Troll View Post
    We are no more d000m'd then we were a week ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    When you stop caring about xp/min this game becomes really fun. Trust me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary_Gygax
    No single character has all the skills and resources needed to guarantee success in all endeavors; favorable results can usually only be achieved through group effort. No single player character wins, in the sense that he or she defeats all other player characters; the goal of the forces of good can only be attained through cooperation, so that victory is a group achievement rather than an individual one.

Quote Originally Posted by Vint View Post
    You suppose so? Why would they fix something if there was not an issue? You dont believe it is "game breaking" to lose 18 million xp even if it is a rare chance?
    The issue that I was talking about has to do with the ability to add a third character class during reincarnation. It is nothing about losing epic XP.

Did you even bother to read the post I was quoting and answering?

Here are the key parts unless you missed them:

Quote Originally Posted by MysticElaine View Post
    This is currently an issue that will require dev work to fix. Right now it's not possible to take a third class in a +LR if you are into your Epic levels. This is something we'll have to fix in a future update or patch.
    The Known Issue happens if your character is currently in it's Epic levels, and you attempt to add a third class that you don't already have on your character. I'm still looking into the LR issue in which some folks have lost their Epic Destiny XP, so unfortuantely I don't have anything to pass along right now on that one. If you can submit a bug report on it with as much detail as possible, it will assist our dev and QA teams in tracking down the cause of this bug.
    The items in BOLD RED are what I was referring to and which, contextually, is what Cordovan was referring to in the two posts.

Maybe if you'd read the whole post you would have seen that I wasn't talking about the epic XP issue. Here it is again:

I don't think that this is in any way related to any bug issue regarding loss of xp, tomes or epic destinies. As far as I can tell this is an entirely different issue and it is not the basis of any of the complaints in any of the threads on reincarnation bugs.

It certainly doesn't fit into the broad scope of "don't reincarnate" which is what I've been addressing. At the very most it is a situation of requiring you to do a later reincarnate to add the desired 3d class when the issue gets resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Thrudh View Post
    Going forward, maybe you should create a small text file everytime someone reincarnates, and store the total amount of epic XP they have, and the number of tomes they have applied.

One small text file. Delete it after a month

Then you can manually fix the tiny number of people who get affected by this bug immediately, and get tons of good press.

Very easy script. One small text file.

Thanks.
    Forget that. Just do a full character copy, save it, and be done with it.

We are talking about a once per life thing OR something that most often costs money to do. The preposterously small amount of data this represents is hardly going to compare to the cost of LR hearts.
    Proud Recipient of At least 8 Negative Rep From NA Threads.
    Main: Sharess
    Alts: Avaril/Cyr/Cyrillia/Garagos/Inim/Lamasa/Ravella

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast