Default Healing bug repro steps

Since the word was folks were having issues reproducing the error taking healing targets down to a portion of incoming healing, the on-live reproduce-able 100% of the time steps this end are as follows (assuming the bug report got lost)

1- cleric pops aura.
    2- target swaps weapons to put themselves in the buged state.
    3- target swings to take themselves out.

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

And if you're an arti or bow user? Swap weaps I guess.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Scraap View Post
    Since the word was folks were having issues reproducing the error taking healing targets down to a portion of incoming healing, the on-live reproduce-able 100% of the time steps this end are as follows (assuming the bug report got lost)

1- cleric pops aura.
    You're kidding, right?

WHO was having trouble reproducing it? The devs? And WHERE was it NOT happening? While it is BLINDINGLY obvious when you're the cleric and you use the method above, it was just as obvious to me when I was on my Ranger, swapped to a devotion item, then cast a CSW, swing said weapon, and cast it again. The difference was VERY noticeable.

(Now if only they'd believe the guys who have posted that this also works on incoming damage spells - it would have been fixed 10 minutes after it was discovered )
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertay View Post
    While they were at it though, the devs decided to go on an incredible nerfhammer rampage and left nothing in their wake standing...

Quote Originally Posted by MeliCat View Post
    And if you're an arti or bow user? Swap weaps I guess.
    Actually, the last double-check I did was with an AA buddy on the guild-ship. Swapping his bow triggered the bug, and firing at the dummy cleared it.

Should note that the reason I suggested this one, is it should be simplest to set up for multiple folks trying various things in a bubble and logging it.

Quote Originally Posted by PNellesen View Post
    You're kidding, right?

WHO was having trouble reproducing it? The devs? And WHERE was it NOT happening? While it is BLINDINGLY obvious when you're the cleric and you use the method above, it was just as obvious to me when I was on my Ranger, swapped to a devotion item, then cast a CSW, swing said weapon, and cast it again. The difference was VERY noticeable.

(Now if only they'd believe the guys who have posted that this also works on incoming damage spells - it would have been fixed 10 minutes after it was discovered )
    It was asked at the event. They said they were having repro issues. If it's a miscommunication on their part as to what bug-fix phase they're in, this'll be redundant. If not, well, here we are, just in case.
    Last edited by Scraap; 09-27-2012 at 08:42 PM.

Or just click on any item you already wear. Like a non clicky armor. Even thats enough to cause this bug. :/
    Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

2014 DDO Players Council
    Community Member

I find it really obvious on my clerics while scrolling actually watching the aura drop each tick, having to swing the scroll and watching it tick again what it should be - almost every single scroll used sometimes.
    ~Thelanis ~ Khyber ~

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

1- cleric pops aura.
    I tried this last night and had to try 5 or so different weapon sets before the bug happened so maybe there is a little bit more to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I tried this last night and had to try 5 or so different weapon sets before the bug happened so maybe there is a little bit more to it.
    Interesting. First person I've met with that circumstance. Mind listing the sets to help further isolate the variables?

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Interesting. First person I've met with that circumstance. Mind listing the sets to help further isolate the variables?
    I do a fair amount of sword and board so several of the sets included a shield, the ML 22 heart of wood. If I remember right switching between different shield sets did not trigger the bug. I don't think switching from a shield set to the the new greataxe cleaver did either. I know switching form cleaver to a canith crafted falchion triggered it.

I didn't have time to do a lot of testing. Our cleric had to go afk for a minute last night and left his aura on so I decided to mess around till he got back.

Perhaps the wall of wood also being a healing amp item has some effect on it?

I remember, too, that there were some combinations with weapons and weapon sets that DID NOT provoke the bug.

However, it seemed that just about any GEAR SWAP did provoke the bug.

I thought that the Devs were aware of this bug, and were working on a fix. Now are they reporting that they cannot reproduce?! Every quest I run where I am on my healer I find myself shouting on the mic "swing your weapon before you die!!"

Nothing more infuriating than trying to save someone with LoH when they are bugged. +1 HP, then *ding!*
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelar View Post
    I do a fair amount of sword and board so several of the sets included a shield, the ML 22 heart of wood. If I remember right switching between different shield sets did not trigger the bug. I don't think switching from a shield set to the the new greataxe cleaver did either. I know switching form cleaver to a canith crafted falchion triggered it.

I didn't have time to do a lot of testing. Our cleric had to go afk for a minute last night and left his aura on so I decided to mess around till he got back.

Perhaps the wall of wood also being a healing amp item has some effect on it?
    Possibly... When you say item set, just to be 100% clear, are you referring to the two-item combo, swapping in a singular weapon and keeping the offhand (meaning you dragged in a weapon, not a weapon-set slot for your bar), or both? (And dang I really wish they'd cleaned the characters again. The cleric copy on lam isn't that high :S)
    Last edited by Scraap; 09-28-2012 at 09:58 AM.

Hero
    2015 DDO Players Council

Possibly... When you say item set, just to be 100% clear, are you referring to the two-item combo, swapping in a singular weapon and keeping the offhand (meaning you dragged in a weapon, not a weapon-set slot for your bar), or both?
    I was using weapons set slots for all the sword/shield swapping. The two-handed weapons may or may not have been in a set (I'm not sure why I put two-handed weapons in weapon sets but I used to and haven't bothered to changed some of them)

Quote Originally Posted by Cauthey View Post
    I remember, too, that there were some combinations with weapons and weapon sets that DID NOT provoke the bug.

However, it seemed that just about any GEAR SWAP did provoke the bug.
    Ok, so that's 2. Happen to recall if the ones that buged out either had implement bonuses, or were crafted? (I say or were crafted, because they stealth-added implement bonuses to crafted items if you apply a + after a spellpower shard. Might be something arcane going on under the hood there.)

I first identified the issue swapping to and from an Ardor belt (Tokida's). We later found that it seemed to happen for ANY gear swap. (Originally thought it was clickie activation related). There's something there between single handed weapons versus two-handed weapons. I don't remember exactly. Perhaps if JohnRove rolls through, he can recount. Or Katz.
    PLEASE FIX LAG. PLEASE FIX BUGS.

As I was the one who spent several hours testing this with Cauthey and a few other players, I will reiterate my findings.

Swapping a Weapon Set (regardless of how many pieces are in it) does not seem to trigger the bug. Swapping an individual piece of gear outside of a set (Weapon, Jewelry, Clothing etc.) via hotbar seems to trigger it. It can then be removed as said by swinging your weapon.

The easiest way for a dev to test this is to sit somewhere and let ppl come see them. Then cast the HEAL spell on them, before and after gear swaps/potion drinking etc. Since Heal is a fixed amount of healing, it is very easy to see if it is having spell power bonuses.

Also, the bug which is occurring is that the incoming healing spell is being removed of all spell power modifiers.
    Orien - Ygritte, Obara. Others who aren't worth mentioning