Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Druid Elemental Form

I was wondering, why does druid get elemental forms but for example an air savant sorcerer cant go air elemental form. I find this very strange as a druid doesnt really have to pick one prestige as far as i know. Where as a sorcerer does.

I bet the Acolyte of the Skin PRE will have more form shifting capabilities. Now that the tech exists to make this happen, its a matter of the enhancement pass happening - which is now sometime *next* year.

Druid does pick one prestige.

Sorc picks one element to master, and they can still do very well in 2 others. The opposing element to the one they chose to mater is the one that gets the penalties.
    Last edited by Chai; 09-27-2012 at 12:22 PM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Druid are known as shapeshifters. Limiting the forms to them makes sense to me. Sorcerers are awesome in a hundred other ways; they don't need one of the two things that makes druid cool.

Community Member

Sorcerers dont have that much. A wizard has more cool things than a sorcerer. All a sorcerer has is a heck of a load of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by cocoax View Post
    Sorcerers dont have that much. A wizard has more cool things than a sorcerer. All a sorcerer has is a heck of a load of damage.
    THey can get their DCs really close to a wizard nowdays. -3 to a DC doesnt mean as much as it did a few updates ago when the wiz is at 55 and the sorc is at 52, and still doing considerably more damage than the wiz for the same SP cost, and more SP to boot.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

And a much faster casting speed, and a shorter cooldown timer on spells, and a significantly larger mana pool, and heavier hitting SLA's, and some nice extras of their own depending which pre they take.

Community Member

Why not make the sorcerer savant that all it does is transform you into an elemental, it you arent in the elemental form you dont get your extra spell power?

Why not make the sorcerer savant that all it does is transform you into an elemental, it you arent in the elemental form you dont get your extra spell power?
    no. refer to my argument above.

Community Member

I still think a sorcerer deserves a little bit more than raw power.

Community Member

How much raw power would sorcerors be willing to give up?

Or do you think that sorcerors are in such a bad situation at the moment that they deserve a pure buff in order to bring them up to the level of Paladins and Rangers?

More raw power.....for a sorc......are you blankity blankity kidding me?

I think we are playing different games.
    gotta to kick at the darkness til it bleeds daylight - B. Cockburn
    Guild Leader - Order of the Silver Dragons
    Mains Darlao Completionist Toogor Wiz28 TR5 Also Listarn Shadar Kai Rogue 20/7 - WhiskyTango CL28 TR4 - Toongor Bd28 TR2 - Sooey Dwarf ConBarb28 Pusshy -WizMo 18/ 2/8+9 More

Pls shut this thread down before I hurt someone.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

My sorc could really a tatical nuke(from orbit).
    Outatime Exodus
    This character is dedicated to a once great game destroyed by a greedy corperation.. Goodbye Star Wars Galaxays!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWu8NOa69vM

Quote Originally Posted by adamkatt View Post
    My sorc could really a tatical nuke(from orbit).
    Yeah, while in the special FatBoy form!

Community Member

I'd really really really prefer to NOT have some ridiculous texture change on the dolly I play with which signifies I have a buff which gimps my non-savant element further and prevents me from casting some spells. Oh, and gives water breathing. Pass.

Quote Originally Posted by oweieie View Post
    I'd really really really prefer to NOT have some ridiculous texture change on the dolly I play with which signifies I have a buff which gimps my non-savant element further and prevents me from casting some spells. Oh, and gives water breathing. Pass.
    Looking to Druid for inspiration for on the Sorcerer Elemental form is bound to fail as the forms druids have are Fail Incarnate

Sorcs are strong.. but they're mostly strong because there's no point to having the versatility that Wizards have. No matter which class you choose, you end up casting the same spells. The sorc can cast more of them more often, so they win.

I would gladly lose some power on my Sorc to trade it for some utility that giving them a proper Elemental Savant. Sorcs should definitely get the ability to turn into an elemental... the entire point of Elemental Savant PrC was the gradual change from a humanoid character to an elemental. In the process of that change the Savant achieved outright immunity to poisons, paralysis, sleep effects, immunity to crits and flanking (100% fort), immunity to stunning and a bonus to their element's DC.

Of what they 'should' get... Savants only get +2 to saves against Poison, Paraylsis, and Sleep effects. They get no bonus to DCs, they get no bonus to fortification, and they don't get immunity to spells that only affect humanoids not monsters.

I'd not be heart broken if the bonus to poisons, paralysis, and sleep effects scaled to at least +6 by the time you hit Tier 3. The bonus to fortification, resistance to stuns (not immunity,that would be pretty strong), and a bonus to DC could easily be attached to elemental form. To balance it out you could completely lock out their opposing element in that form instead of just penalizing it or assign it a SP cost to engage like Pale Master Shrouds.
    [REDACTED]

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by TreknaQudane View Post
    Looking to Druid for inspiration for on the Sorcerer Elemental form is bound to fail as the forms druids have are Fail Incarnate

Sorcs are strong.. but they're mostly strong because there's no point to having the versatility that Wizards have. No matter which class you choose, you end up casting the same spells. The sorc can cast more of them more often, so they win.

I would gladly lose some power on my Sorc to trade it for some utility that giving them a proper Elemental Savant. Sorcs should definitely get the ability to turn into an elemental... the entire point of Elemental Savant PrC was the gradual change from a humanoid character to an elemental. In the process of that change the Savant achieved outright immunity to poisons, paralysis, sleep effects, immunity to crits and flanking (100% fort), immunity to stunning and a bonus to their element's DC.

Of what they 'should' get... Savants only get +2 to saves against Poison, Paraylsis, and Sleep effects. They get no bonus to DCs, they get no bonus to fortification, and they don't get immunity to spells that only affect humanoids not monsters.

I'd not be heart broken if the bonus to poisons, paralysis, and sleep effects scaled to at least +6 by the time you hit Tier 3. The bonus to fortification, resistance to stuns (not immunity,that would be pretty strong), and a bonus to DC could easily be attached to elemental form. To balance it out you could completely lock out their opposing element in that form instead of just penalizing it or assign it a SP cost to engage like Pale Master Shrouds.
    You make a good point.

Community Member

The only problem is would turbine do it?

Sorcs are happy as they are. If you want to shapeshift, play a druid.

Or get the PnP level 9 spell "Shapeshift."

Quote Originally Posted by Khatzhas View Post
    How much raw power would sorcerors be willing to give up?

Or do you think that sorcerors are in such a bad situation at the moment that they deserve a pure buff in order to bring them up to the level of Paladins and Rangers?
    Or give them the casting ability of bards. Don't worry, we'll also include the bardic melee capability.

Your sorc will be oh so awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast