Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Default Epic destiny for warchaner 14/6 (poll)

Hello.
    There are many bard14/something 6 warchanter builds arround, and I would like to ask all of them a question:
    Which epic destiny you picked.

If you want, you can add few words about why and why not

Poll results ():
    Fatesinger.........OOO (3)
    Legendary Dred..OOOOOOOOO (9)
    Fatesinger or LD.OO (2)
    LD or Draconic....O (1)
    Draconic...........O (1)
    Fury or LD.........O (1)
    Last edited by Vellrad; 11-22-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Community Member

I have selected Fatesinger (on a 16/3/1). I like how uses the songs, and that's what bards are about. It makes your inspire courage stronger, another aspect I like, because I enjoy buffing others, it kinda justifies my piking. It also increases the caster level (longer haste, stronger cures).

I think Fatesinger is a rare destiny that has more synergy with TWF than THF, because the various damage boosts (reign, turn the tide, grandeur, stronger IC,..) come into action more often with two weapons. That said, my bard is THF anyway.

In the end, fatesinger offers a balanced continuation of your bardic life. A full-retard DPS bard can certainly find more DPS in other destinies.

(Disclaimer: I haven't personally experienced the full power of other destinies; perhaps their brute force would shatter my flowersniffing fatesinger love)

my melee 16bard/2rog/2barb

took fatesinger at first mainly because i wanted more songs but after you spend a while in it you start to see how awesome some of the stuff is.
    Dirge - AOE dot, very nice for a class lacking in aoe damage (100 damage adverage a tick every 3 secs)
    Reign - hit on every 20 (110 sonic and lighting damage)
    Bound fate - enemys recieve more incomming damage and do less
    sirens song - unblockable/unbreakable facinate for 12 secs and then alot of donic damage (900 ish)
    Glitter of fame - +1 all stats
    Harmaonic resonence - never need components again
    Turn the tide - every hit does 100 sonic and light damage

harmonic resonence and fragmant of song: valor also have a chance to proc light/lightning and sonic vulntability on the target making your abilities even stronger
    Elemo IronCast - Patorikku Yama - Happyfruit Wardancer - Toysoldier - Wookiee ~Ghallanda~

Hail Vellrad.

14 Bard/6 something is a bit broad to respond to with any confidence.

However if u are THF melee I would consider LD with twists: Energy Sheath (Draconic); Primal Scream (Fury of Wild); Dirge (Fatesinger)
    Epic feats could be: overwhelming Crit and Epic toughness.

If u are melee TWF I would consider Fatesinger with twists of: Anvil of Thunder (tier 4 LD); primal scream (FotW), Energy Sheath (Draconic).

Obviously if evasion build there are twists;Unearthly Reactions (magister); Draconic Perception (Draconic), Lithe (Shadowdancer tier 2) for total of +18 reflex DC
    Last edited by NovaNZ; 09-28-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

I have a 14/6 Bard/Fgt Half-Orc. Tried out both Fatesinger and Legendary Dreadnaught.
    Considering DPS Fatesinger is extremely inferior. So I'd suggest to go Dreadnaught. Make sure you have cleave and great cleave, to get the full potential of Momentum Swing and Lay Waste. Anyways you can always switch around destinies, so just try out yourself.
    Thelanis - Ethforged - Etherar - Fjirty --- Mitis Mors
    Ghallanda - Ethrayne - Ethryne --- Omnipresence
    Youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKVn...wLuzB2Q/videos

Quote Originally Posted by Eth View Post
    I have a 14/6 Bard/Fgt Half-Orc. Tried out both Fatesinger and Legendary Dreadnaught.
    Considering DPS Fatesinger is extremely inferior. So I'd suggest to go Dreadnaught. Make sure you have cleave and great cleave, to get the full potential of Momentum Swing and Lay Waste. Anyways you can always switch around destinies, so just try out yourself.
    I am in agreement with this.

My Dwarf is 14/6 Bard/Barbarian and is keyed up for same.

Community Member

LD - sense weak, primal, brace for impact
    can't wait til we can do 4,3,1 -- Sense weak, Reign, Primal.
    www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jh0nzfuL90 (pre crit-change)

I would rank Fatesinger higher than Fury, and the perks with FS is not that bad for a deep splash.
    Camp Naughty Bad Fun
    Jichael Mackson

LD all the way, especially if using a great ax. The fact that fatesinger effect damage from the epic moment is off limits for bosses is a complete turn off. The ability lasts for 20 seconds and cant be reused again untl next month, why would they need to limit this in such a fashion when none of the other epic moment abilities are limited this way?

LD is by far the better choice and if you like the quantity of songs you get with fatesinger you can just twist those in.
    Last edited by Chai; 09-28-2012 at 08:43 AM.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Community Member

Well this all depends on what you want to do better. My bard is a 15/3/2 Bard/Rogue/Fighter with full rogue skills(traps, locks) TWFer.

I use Trip/Stunning blow alot and use cannith crafting for an assortment of weapons. After maxing afew EDs(FS, SD, DI, LD) I will probably be maining LD for its many goodies for health and damage. With twists of Sense Weakness/Hail of Blows/Brace for Impact 4/2/1. Still not sure if "Hail of Blows" Gives 3% doublestrike for all attacks or not so it may not be kept.

As a melee bard I could even see Dragonic Incarnation mains, at first in leveling this destiny it felt worthless till I noticed my 28 cha was plenty to use the spells. Energy Burst/Vortex mixed with Breathe Weapon/Flyby Attack are amazing and add alot to a melee class including strong AoE nukes(Just keep in mind to mix in some spell power for your chosen element, makes a huge difference. Went from EBurst at around 700 damage to 2.5k per enemy hit just by using my Spidersilk Robe and a Spell Power ring for a total of about 150 spell power in chosen Element)

In the end test them out as you level them for fate points, choose what you like there is many choices to add alot to your character. Good luck!

It does depend on your build a little but I would say legendary dreadnaught. The number one twist for all melee builds is sense weakness which I recommend either a melee build is a fury of the wild or they have that twist.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

I have a Dwarven TWF "Ragesinger" Bard 14, Fighter 4 Barbarian 2 and I am currently doing Fatesinger, then moving on to a quick Shadowdancer to end as Legendary Dreadnought. (I will definitely explore the Fury of the Wild ED for kicks at some point)

Quick response: Fatesinger, but I am assuming you want to maintain your DC{s and SpellCaster Level as much as possible.

BUT, if you are serious about the effect/DPS Support you are going to have in your group....then LD wins hands down.

Hope this helps.
    "Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

I know you play mostly as DPS with twf dwarven axes and dont really pay much attention to bard songs and buffage...
    so i would say LD with Fury twists or Fury with LD twists...

before you say fury is for 2handers only let me quote this (taken from The New Monster (Smrti TR'd Again):
    Quote Originally Posted by Blank_Zero View Post

Main ED - Fury of the Wild

I know most folks think LD for fighter/Fury for Barb, but what I've seen in my own playing and watching others, it's more like TWF for Fury/THF for LD. I know it seems odd, but it really works well that way, due to inate strengths each style has (Raw Dmg THF vs Added Effects+Speed TWF)

1- Tunnel Vision (3), Primal Scream (3)
    2- Injury (2), Unstoppable Fury (2), Acute Instincts (3)
    3- Nothing
    4- Gird Against Demons (2) *1 rank*, Sense Weakness (3), Overwhelming Force (2)
    5- Fury Eternal (2)
    6- Unbridled Fury (2)

Twists:
    I'm still grinding for these. I am hating life because of it, but I WILL HAVE MY FATE POINTS!

Currently, I'm looking at the following
    1-Critical Damage +6 (T3)
    2-Momentum Swing (T2)
    3-Brace for Impact (T1)

I may swap some things around, but definitely keeping Brace for the time being. Brace gets me to 130% even in Tunnel Vision.
    I've tested it myself and i really like all the extra untyped dmg I inflict with every swing...
    So test it out yourself once you have enough fate points to twist all the good stuff from LD and/or other ED

But if you use a lot of tactical feats and with the dwarven axes then LD with master blitz and headmans chop will be perfect for you

Dreadnaught is a good choice if you will use axes, like to cleave, or plan on using tactics.

For a non axe user, Fury is a good choice.

For a dual khopesh or rapier wielder, the soon to come Primal Avatar destiny, as it stands right now, could potentially be the best bet because of the tier 6 +1 crit multiplier on any crit.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    It does depend on your build a little but I would say legendary dreadnaught. The number one twist for all melee builds is sense weakness which I recommend either a melee build is a fury of the wild or they have that twist.
    One could argue Reign actually adds more damage and costs only tier3 to twist.

11d20 sonic + 11d20 light = 231 damage each vorpal, aka 11.55 dmg/hit

sense weakness is 75% of the time 1d8, 50% of the time 1d12 and 25% of the time 1d20
    4.5*0.75 + 6.5*0.5 + 10.5*0.25 = 9.25

Although the 30% more versus helpless can push sense weakness over the top, but that does depend on what kind of party members you run with.

My advice for (any, not just bard) TWF would be max out both fatesinger and fury. Be fury most of the time, but be fatesinger in quests that have peaks in difficulty or in quests with 100% fortification.
    Most EE non-raid endfights consist of a weak high HP redname and much more dangerous (at least more damage per hp) thrash which needs killing first. It's good to burst them down in 20 seconds.
    If your quest is just a long grind (like devil's assault or for instance The Tide Turns with 20 small battles), or if it is just a bossfight (like TOD) take fury.
    But when it has just 1 or 2 tough fights (like overgrowth with optional, or outbreak) then take fatesinger.

For THF, go with fury most of the time, only go fatesinger in more extreme situations.

Dreadnought is just slightly worse than Fury in any case.

Dreadnought or Draconic, depending upon your weapons.

Dreadnought for THF. However TWF can offhand a Swailing Blade (which is a high DPS weapon on its own, or at least the EE version is) and that makes for 1500 damage Fireballs and Dragon Breaths in DI.

Generally though I think THF is stronger at present so LD is the first choice.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

I think you'll contribute to the group victory more with fatesinger. Pros and cons already understood by most I think.

Miasto Stołeczne Warszawa (The Capital City of Warsaw)

Now when I played my bard a bit, I think I like LD. I don't got other EDs unlocked, but with extra XP I will do some rusted blades farming. Thanks for input, please continue to share your thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    I think you'll contribute to the group victory more with fatesinger. Pros and cons already understood by most I think.
    When I'm browsing fatesinger, I see nothing useful there for melee focused bard. Sure, for those focused on casting or CC or hitting mobs with music its awesome, but for melee bard, there is nothing usefuls (which can't simply be twisted). All bigger components of buffs are self only, and party gets +2 to something useless, or +1 to something everyone got more than enough already. At least, thats what I see, maybe I missed something.

Quote Originally Posted by Qnevven View Post
    I know you play mostly as DPS with twf dwarven axes
    Mosty? I put dwarven axe only when kitefest begins and I have to take that old dwarven thrower... ;p
    Last edited by Vellrad; 11-22-2012 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Oliphant View Post
    The only thing that's truly useful for the party is longer buffs from a higher bard caster level. Beyond that the only party buffs FS provides is O Fortuna, Tailwind, and Masked Ball.

My TWF'ing 16/2/2 trapchanter has been using Fatesinger with Sense Weakness and 2 others twisted. But Primal Avatar seems to have a lot of goodies for a TWF'er, does anyone have experience with it yet?

How well does the draconic Energy Burst work if twisted in? I don't have a Swailing Blade but use Spidersilk for +72 spell power. Are there other with good elemental spell power that are easy to fit in? Cold could go well with Primal Avatar.

Legendary Dreadnought with sense weakness and reign twisted. Superb dps.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast