Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Might not be useful for Crucible skill checks too, since the release notes of U17 says they have higher DC, and are a d20 roll now. Need to check the values before confirming anything, but just keeping the warning here.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Ran through crystal cove a few times last night to test this build out. It performed as well as I'd been hoping.

First instance I ran two solo runs on CR16 just to get a feel for it. Easily completed, earning ~225 greens each run.

Next I pugged, with 4 then 5 people. The first run with 4 also included somebody's hireling. Again easy completions, ~225 greens each run.

My conclusion is that pugging doesn't really help this build in crystal cove compared to soloing except to make it less annoying with having to deal with inconveniently timed incomings. DDoor of course makes it easy.

I did update the weapon swap list with a couple new entries:

Gregor fight: (Crystal Cove)
    +3 Holy of Greater Monstrous Humanoid Bane

Emergency Healing:
    +3 of Vampirism

The gregor fight isn't scary, but he is a bag of hp so it's nice to be able to dps him down faster. And I figured what the heck, a set of vampiric (not lesser) wraps is nice to have just in case. I originally thought +0 bodyfeeder of vampirism, but i think +3 of vampirism is probably a better choice.

Have you taken a look at the planned gear given the changes to the augment system? It seems like there are some interesting options with crafting colored & uncolored augment slots. Just wondering if you'd given it any thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrae View Post
    Have you taken a look at the planned gear given the changes to the augment system? It seems like there are some interesting options with crafting colored & uncolored augment slots. Just wondering if you'd given it any thought.
    Colorless and yellows offer no help by virtue of crafting being better than ML12 (or ML16 if you take 16) augments.

Maybe deathblock, I suppose, but that's only needed as a beholder swap and that's handled nicely by a sf necklace. (Or maybe an ioun stone.)

Green/Blue could slot in heavy fort, but that's already taken care of with a min2 accessory.

The only added value I see from augments would be slotting PRR in a green/blue.

For people stopping at 15, true. But for people going up to 16, there is a good numbers of decent ML 16 augments, like elemental resist 25 (fire saves a trip to the ship when you want to run lava caves).

There are some double-slotted name ditems too that might be better than crafted. If you find a green slotted cloak, you can slot Resistance +5 on it at ML 16, and everything else that is on the cloak is a bonus.

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    There are some double-slotted name ditems too that might be better than crafted. If you find a green slotted cloak, you can slot Resistance +5 on it at ML 16, and everything else that is on the cloak is a bonus.
    Can't be a craftable one; combo-colors never drop on lootgen. That leaves only yellow (or colorless) possible on any crafted accessory.

I suppose a green-slotted named cloak could put +5 resistance and the rest is gravy. Any good ML16 or under green-slot named cloaks out there?

Hellfire Cloak, from delara, have Fire Resist 10 (lava caves), yellow (fear immunity/deathblock) and green slot (Resistance +5). It is BtA and easy to farm (worst case scenario, always on the list on 3rd completion).

Probably there are more, but people are still searching for old items to fill the wiki.

Hellfire Cloak, from delara, have Fire Resist 10 (lava caves), yellow (fear immunity/deathblock) and green slot (Resistance +5). It is BtA and easy to farm (worst case scenario, always on the list on 3rd completion).

Probably there are more, but people are still searching for old items to fill the wiki.
    Well, hmmm, almost no matter how you slice it the cloak will end up being +5 resistance plus useless stuff.

Right now, my cloak is:
    +5 resistance
    Unbalancing (useless)
    +1 stacking trap saves from tiny guild augment (pretty much useless now that I have the chaosrobe)

The yellow slot on the hellfire doesn't do much for me now; I suppose fear immunity could be moderately useful for the time being. However, once they add skills, and assuming those can go on yellows, I see the hellfire as quite nice. Right now I only have +7 concentration on my boots.

IF they add skills to yellow, boot and ring can be yellow slotted as well.

I was focusing more on how the slots could improve the intermediary gear setups.

Cloaks with greens:

Black Wolfskin Cloak: Green, Yellow (no effects other than the augment slots)
    Hellfire Cloak: Green, Yellow (Fire Resistance)
    Quilted Cape: Green (Sonic Resistance, Move Silently +10)
    Accomplice: Green (Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Charisma -1)

I am staying 15, though, so greens won't help me. I do like your idea of swapping the ring or boots for a crafted augment for skills if they get added in U18 though. I want to keep at least one for the guild HP; I'm at 407 and really like being 400+.

EDIT: I'm assuming the skill augments will go as follows:
    ML1: +3
    ML4: +5
    ML8: +7
    ML12: +10
    ML16: +11
    ML20: +15

Meaning that's a definite improvement over Stat +6 of Skill +7 with the current crafting. If they go on colorless, that would allow Stat +6 of Skill +5 w/Skill +10. If they only go on yellows, that would be Stat +6 of Skill +3 w/Skill +10. Either way would be a noticeable improvement.

I'm probably going to go 16, so it does open up more options.

I was also wondering about it for intermediate gear because you get a few augmented items with Vet II (and if you noticed, newly minted ethereal bracers from the xp stone now have ... I think a green & a colorless?)

Cloak of Invisibility, from Tempest Spine, have a invisibility clicky, green slot and ghostly (and protection +2, but this is redundant). I think if you don't care for the yellow slot, this is the best cloak now. Even with only resist +4 (ML 12), ghostly is good enough to be worth the slot, and you don't get skunked on the swim because the reflex +10 robe will give a better reflex bonus anyway.

Cloak of Invisibility, from Tempest Spine, have a invisibility clicky, green slot and ghostly (and protection +2, but this is redundant). I think if you don't care for the yellow slot, this is the best cloak now. Even with only resist +4 (ML 12), ghostly is good enough to be worth the slot, and you don't get skunked on the swim because the reflex +10 robe will give a better reflex bonus anyway.
    Winner winner chicken dinner, and by a country mile. I updated the gear list to include it. Nice find!

Can this be solo-farmed, I wonder? It says it comes from A'tchkar's chest, and A'tchkar is listed as "Optional orange-named drow; always spawns." Can he be easily reached solo?

It used to NOT allow you to put torches down on Crystal Cove. Is it fixed?
    I can tell you that pre U16 Madstone Rage would not allow you to place torches or teleporters. I accidentally forgot to take the boots off a few times and had to reset the map (or wait without collecting new crystals). This has been the case in both lava caves and extra-planar settings.

Haven't run them since then so I can't say if its changed.
    -Anything is possible....if you don't understand the problem.
    -Better to be perceived a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt.
    -Luck is simply a crossroads between circumstance and knowledge, both are things you can control.

Quote Originally Posted by Myrrae View Post
    newly minted ethereal bracers from the xp stone now have ... I think a green & a colorless?
    Bracers is a particularly competitive slot. With ethereal already on the stalker ring (manslayer is king at level 15-16) the ethereal bracers would only offer the slots. Compare that to the bracers of wind (perma-blur!) or thaarak bracelet (toughness! dr!!!); I don't think any ML15-16 bracers even come close to those two.

Can this be solo-farmed, I wonder? It says it comes from A'tchkar's chest, and A'tchkar is listed as "Optional orange-named drow; always spawns." Can he be easily reached solo?
    Yes, you can zip almost straight through to the big drow ambush room where A'tchkar spawns. You don't even need to do Fire & Ice. You DO need a reasonable int score, however. There's a rune that blocks entry. I'm not sure what the requirement is.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by Matuse View Post
    Yes, you can zip almost straight through to the big drow ambush room where A'tchkar spawns. You don't even need to do Fire & Ice. You DO need a reasonable int score, however. There's a rune that blocks entry. I'm not sure what the requirement is.
    Sweet.

Wiki says 18 int, so...

8 base
    6 item (crafted swap)
    2 ship buff
    2 tome
    ---

Done and done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grimknot View Post
    Should consider the ML 15 Ivy Wraps from Eveningstar, heroic normal version.
    Did you ever look at these?
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Ivy_Wraps_(Level_15)

Ever since getting them my vampiric stone dust wraps have collected...well dust. The stunning +6 from VSDW isn't needed as challenges aren't hard/elite and I stun mobs 90+% of the time using the ivy wraps. Plus the bleed from ivy wraps is a nice DMG boost where the FTS on stone dust are actually a Dmg loss if not taking 16 for adamantine dr bypass.

Stonedust do benefit from stone skin procs, but be honest and ask yourself when the last time you died in a challenge with this toon was.

On another note I've had so much fun with this toon I'm debating taking her to 20 and farming an essence of cleansing from shroud and tr'ing for the monk past Life wrap die step. I know it sorta defeats the purpose of an easy to build toon, but I have more fun running challenges some days them I do questing.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Sweet.

Wiki says 18 int, so...

8 base
    6 item (crafted swap)
    2 ship buff
    2 tome
    ---

Done and done.
    Or just bring a wizard hire and make him use the rune.

Also like to point out that if you're going to use the cloak of invisibility from tempest spine then you can easily get by with the ml12 ring of the stalker as you won't need the ethereal from the ml16 version. The ml12 ring has manslayer.

You'll lose +1 sneak attack bonus but if you're solo farming challenges you won't be getting the sneak attack bonus most of the time anyway. You'll also lose 1 seeker. But ml12 tier 1 ring vs ml16 tier3 is a huge difference in mats required for people looking for bang for their buck. Something to consider if you're just starting to gear up.

I'd definitely recommend running The Reavers Fate often. Madstone boots are nice, the trinket is also very nice, but http://ddowiki.com/page/Ring_of_Lies is pure win. Improved deception on a monk, especially in wind stance, is amazing for Dmg but even more so for survivability. If you have deception on this toon them I'd recommend the tier3 ml16 ring of the stalker for sneak attack Dmg.
    Last edited by Grimknot; 03-02-2013 at 08:14 AM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast