Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Grimknot View Post
    Or just bring a wizard hire and make him use the rune.
    It's a raid, so no hires.

I ate the extra +2 int tome I had kicking around yesterday, grabbed a pair of lootgen +6 int goggles from the ah and headed out.

It is indeed quick and easy to get to that chest, even solo. Woohoo!

Yep. They're nice, but more and more I'm leaning to the following as my default weapons:

+4 Holy of Lesser Vampirism
    +1 Holy of Vampirism (particularly good for Devashta fight, or any boss fight really)

I agree that the flesh to stone proc on the stonedust wraps is meh. It's a super rare proc compared to freezing ice on the tunic anyway. Now that I have a spare hand, the stonedust wraps almost seem like overkill for stuns.

Full vampirism returns 1, 3 or 5 hit points per swing. It's crazy healing, allowing easy soloing of Jack Jibberz, Gregor; pretty much anything in cove.

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    It's a raid, so no hires.

I ate the extra +2 int tome I had kicking around yesterday, grabbed a pair of lootgen +6 int goggles from the ah and headed out.

It is indeed quick and easy to get to that chest, even solo. Woohoo!
    Ah yes fair point.

Made two T3 LVL 20 cove items yesterday playing this toon, plus additional greater stalwart/bold trinkets for TR lives, and working on ml12 T3 gloves now. All solo.

Made two T3 LVL 20 cove items yesterday playing this toon, plus additional greater stalwart/bold trinkets for TR lives, and working on ml12 T3 gloves now. All solo.
    Nice!

Out of curiosity, how many greens do you get per run?

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Yep. They're nice, but more and more I'm leaning to the following as my default weapons:

+4 Holy of Lesser Vampirism
    +1 Holy of Vampirism (particularly good for Devashta fight, or any boss fight really)

I agree that the flesh to stone proc on the stonedust wraps is meh. It's a super rare proc compared to freezing ice on the tunic anyway. Now that I have a spare hand, the stonedust wraps almost seem like overkill for stuns.

Full vampirism returns 1, 3 or 5 hit points per swing. It's crazy healing, allowing easy soloing of Jack Jibberz, Gregor; pretty much anything in cove.
    Marked the main point. Without the spare hand, running level 19~20 challenges without a stun wraps make them land much less than usual. Trading 1 stun DC for better DPS wraps is a nice trade-off. And if you are somehow like me, you can't get rid of the belt until this week (You need GFL somewhere)

I have a gripe against holy wraps because the challenge I run more with this toon (Rushmore Mansion) have tons of true neutral mobs. The animated armors and mephits on Extraplanar Palace also are immune to holy (and my usual there run faces only those mobs and the bosses). And Lava Caves are easy enough that you don't need much DPS there outside of bosses (Put the teleporter down, DPS stuff around to keep them busy while kobolds collect).

On the other hand, there is few things worth putting on the craftable prefix DPS-wise besides Holy. And save space not having to carry around a specific devashta beater.
    Last edited by nibel; 03-03-2013 at 09:49 AM.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

That's an excellent point about the non-cove neutrals. I guess screaming instead of holy? Maybe ivy wraps?

And yeah, I couldn't slot the spare hand until Friday when I was finally able to move false life from belt to hat. I'm loving the cove gearset. Now I just need a cloak of invisibility...

Lvl 15 challenge runner running lvl 20 challenges we average 400 to 500 greens per run. Running with guild group.

I re-made my Wisdom +6 balance +7 ring today with a yellow slot and put deathblock in it. Sexy!

EDIT: I didn't realize til I tried to equip it that it raised the min lvl. So forged a new ring. Yellow slot ring with Wise +6 was ML 13 with masterful craftsmanship on it. Slotted the Topaz of Deathblock ML 12 into it and the ring dropped from ML 13 to ML 12.

Not real sure but seems like the order you do it in will have an affect. Wondering if I were to slot it first, then masterful/wise shard if I'd have room to put balance on it.

Either way, ML 12 deathblock/wise 6 ring is acceptable, just moving balance to boots and disregarding jump.
    Last edited by Grimknot; 03-04-2013 at 03:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I have a gripe against holy wraps because the challenge I run more with this toon (Rushmore Mansion) have tons of true neutral mobs. The animated armors and mephits on Extraplanar Palace also are immune to holy (and my usual there run faces only those mobs and the bosses). And Lava Caves are easy enough that you don't need much DPS there outside of bosses (Put the teleporter down, DPS stuff around to keep them busy while kobolds collect).

On the other hand, there is few things worth putting on the craftable prefix DPS-wise besides Holy. And save space not having to carry around a specific devashta beater.
    Conundrum I'm debating right now.

Want to make some adamantine lined Greater Construct Bane but since you can't craft Impellent and they're(Animated Armor) resistant to elemental dmg I'm not sure what to put on them.

Also wondering if there aren't some good wraps for the Crystal the Giant named in Rushmoore. I dismissing strike the water elementals asap, but he can still take 2 to 3 minutes sometimes.

Conundrum I'm debating right now.

Want to make some adamantine lined Greater Construct Bane but since you can't craft Impellent and they're(Animated Armor) resistant to elemental dmg I'm not sure what to put on them.
    Well, I'm not personally a fan of vicious, but it works great against constructs. As untyped damage, vicious works great against everything. heh.

Also wondering if there aren't some good wraps for the Crystal the Giant named in Rushmoore. I dismissing strike the water elementals asap, but he can still take 2 to 3 minutes sometimes.
    It wouldn't be very useful outside of that one fight, but if you really want max damage for Crystal I'd go with +3 holy of greater reptilian bane.

Lvl 15 challenge runner running lvl 20 challenges we average 400 to 500 greens per run. Running with guild group.

I re-made my Wisdom +6 balance +7 ring today with a yellow slot and put deathblock in it. Sexy!

EDIT: I didn't realize til I tried to equip it that it raised the min lvl. So forged a new ring. Yellow slot ring with Wise +6 was ML 13 with masterful craftsmanship on it. Slotted the Topaz of Deathblock ML 12 into it and the ring dropped from ML 13 to ML 12.

Not real sure but seems like the order you do it in will have an affect. Wondering if I were to slot it first, then masterful/wise shard if I'd have room to put balance on it.

Either way, ML 12 deathblock/wise 6 ring is acceptable, just moving balance to boots and disregarding jump.
    Augments slots add to the enchantment (potential) level of a crafted item. Colorless adds +1, primary colors add +2. It's not currently possible to get a secondary color (eg: green) on lootgen, but if it ever happens in the future those will add +3.

That's interesting that the augment potential appears to go away when you slot something into it. Sounds like a bug.

So I finally got annoyed enough with not being able to teleport (still no Royal Guard Mask) that I went ahead and swapped out improved critical for greater dragonmark of passage.

Fail! It doesn't give you the teleport spell, it gives you hardcoded subfeats for each teleport destination. These destinations do NOT include the harbor or crafting halll; none of the newer destinations. That makes it pointless for what I would want from it.

So now I'm thinking swap out luck of heroes for cleave and improved crit/greater dragonmark/lightning reflexes for great cleave.

I think I know why nobody upthread suggested great cleave, due to its reputation of being bugged for monks. Turns out it works fine, but only if you're a human male. (link)

I'm hoping to update the build in the OP to implement these changes in the near future.

Maybe getting a nice general pair of wraps with a red slot, and slot adamantine (ML 12)? Maybe Fanged Wraps?

The major problem in this fight is that he dont stop hoping around. You can have as much DPS as you want, but if you can't corner him and give a proper beating, this fight will always take too long.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

+3 Holy of Greater Reptilian Bane it is then.

On the fence about Vicious, though I just ran a lvl 20 Buying Time and never once used the light;light;light finisher to heal, the Fists of Light heal is pretty good but not sure how it'd be without the Ivy Wraps I use with it to offset the vicious.

Gonna use my free lesser reincarnation and take Dodge feat instead of luck of heroes. Debating Precision over Power Attack since I mainly run level 20s at character level 15. The hit and fort bypass may be better than the -5 hit and +5 dmg of PA.

Gonna use my free lesser reincarnation and take Dodge feat instead of luck of heroes.
    That's not a bad idea. I've had weird and inconsistent stacking from putting dodge on the trinket, and I switched that to devotion anyway so getting the full dodge feat bonus from the actual feat could be nice.

WARNING: You can't LR if you banked xp; it forces you to take any banked levels first. Which is a big bummer for this particular build.

Debating Precision over Power Attack since I mainly run level 20s at character level 15. The hit and fort bypass may be better than the -5 hit and +5 dmg of PA.
    If you don't take cleave (which requires power attack) then it's an option. I don't know how useful it is to bypass fort on a light monk, though. 20x2 is weaksauce, even with improved crit.

Didn't know about the LR. That sucks. Guess I'm gonna end up TR'ing anyway for the monk past life unarmed die step. Not sure what feat I'll drop for it.

Bypassing fort also allows for sneak attack damage but yea.

Running Ghola'Fan for a Royal Guard Mask and he kept taking over half my health in one hit. 100% fort and was a bit /boggled until I checked the combat log.

(Combat): Ghola-Fan's disintegrate hit you for 290 points of damage.

Time to go farm a http://ddowiki.com/page/Item:Pale_Lavender_Ioun_Stone

Hint: You can use a bracelet of friends to have someone pull you into IQ and run you through it to unsuppress it and use it on a first life toon.

EDIT: Pulled a Mystic Belt which has been upgraded to Wisdom 5 from 4 with U17 and has 2 clickies of Shield and a yellow augment slot. ML9. Could be a very good option for someone without a +2 Tome until they get the Spare hand. Or just use it for the clickie like I do. Though I can't figure out why the +4 shield bonus to AC is not applying. I have no shield bonus on any of my gear that I can tell.
    Last edited by Grimknot; 03-05-2013 at 10:53 AM.

I've updated the first three posts with a bunch of little changes. The core build remains unchanged, but I've tweaked it based on feedback in the thread as well as personal experience playing the build. I recreated the build from scratch in the character planner just to be sure I wasn't violating any prereqs, and replaced the existing build with the new one. While I was in there I reformatted the header to my preferred style.

Feats
    I swapped out luck of heroes for cleave. This required a minor re-ordering of the feats. Also, I replaced Improved Critical with a player's choice between Great Cleave, Dodge, Luck of Heroes, Lightning Reflexes, and Improved Critical. Great Cleave is bugged and ineffective for any race/gender combo except human male. So if you're both human and male, great cleave is the winner. See details here.

Gear
    I simplified and streamlined the gearsets to ease transitioning between them:
    • The cloak of invisibility is more integrated into the sets, and the basic crafted cloak is changed to +4 resistance to match.
    • The goggles are no longer attack bonus in the first two sets, since using the third set has shown me it's clearly not needed.
    • The boots no longer change in each set, but instead remain the same for all. (They used to get +7 concentration in the second set.)
    • The exotic crafted effects (greater false life, heavy fortification) have been isolated on their items, making them easier to substitute with lootgen.
    • The final set puts devotion +48 on the trinket to replace the lost potency +40 from the sora kell set. This only applies to the healing finishing move. (I made this change a couple days ago.)
    • I added an alternative +1 holy of vampirism for the devashta weapon.

Enhancements
    Once I switched over to the final set, my hit points went from low-400s to high-300s. This annoys me. While I could switch back to thaarak bracelet for toughness, I much prefer bracers of wind. So I redid the enhancements to get over 400 with the final gearset. I managed to land at 402 without even needing a guild augment, which makes me happy for anyone who rolls one of these up after U17.
    • Way of the Patient Tortoise goes from IV to III (-5 hp)
    • Monk Wisdom goes from I to II
    • Human Adaptability goes from wis to con, and the con tome is raised from +1 to +2 (+15 hp)
    • Racial toughness goes from II to III (+10 hp)
    • Human Versatility goes from III to II.
    Human versatility is an interesting case, in that I don't think I've ever remembered to use it. However, it's essentially mandatory solely to meet progression requirements. Both I and II are still in the build for this reason alone. Plus, hey, damage boost is great for boss fights if you can remember to use it.

So on today's daily tempest spine chest run, one of the scorrow hit me with a 1-2 punch of greater dispel + slay living, and I rolled a 1. Deader than a doornail.

After releasing and finishing the chest run, I immediately went to the auction house and grabbed a yellow augment ring. I'm going to go with Wise +6 of Balance +3 w/deathblock.

With +7s on both, my standing balance is 44 and jump is 34, meaning dropping either by 4 is perfectly fine. (I like to have a minimum of 30 jump without pots, and as far as I can tell having more than 35 balance is wasted.)

Updating the final gearset to reflect this.

Default Level 20+ version?

Great build, I'm using one of these right now (level 14 at the moment) and it's working out great. So great, in fact, that I'm contemplating getting a second, higher-level version of this build to farm epic Cannith challenge ingredients. Do you have any thoughts on how to expand the build to level 20+? I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to just pick up another feat from the optional list (dodge or improved critical bludgeon probably, whichever I didn't grab the first time around) at level 18, and then an epic feat at 21, then stop leveling there or at 22.

Another compelling reason to take level 16 then...your unarmed attacks get /Adamantine without any outside help.
    I am the 'Who' In the call "Who's there!?"
    I am the wind blowing through your hair.
    I am the shadow on the moon at night, filling your dreams to the brim with fright.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonlitSilver View Post
    Great build, I'm using one of these right now (level 14 at the moment) and it's working out great. So great, in fact, that I'm contemplating getting a second, higher-level version of this build to farm epic Cannith challenge ingredients. Do you have any thoughts on how to expand the build to level 20+? I'm guessing it would be pretty easy to just pick up another feat from the optional list (dodge or improved critical bludgeon probably, whichever I didn't grab the first time around) at level 18, and then an epic feat at 21, then stop leveling there or at 22.
    I've been thinking this very same thing for a while now. When you go from this monk crushing non-epic challenges to one of your main epic alts farming epic tokens from house c, it can be quite the comedown. Not that it's particularly difficult to farm epic tokens on any alt, but you start thinking how much easier it would be on a light monk w/ddoor and also how many bonus parts you aren't getting because your epic alt is level 25. heh.

My initial thoughts would be to stay 20 if at all possible, allowing max parts bonus for running 25. Unless there's a must-have epic feat (vorpal strikes?), but I don't think there's a build-breaker out there. Like, say, epic spell pen for a dc caster.

Because I'd want to try and stay level 20, I'd build the gearset around the Villagers commendation set and grave wrappings.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast