Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Community Member Thozy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    63

    Default Need some help wtih GS

    I just did my first shroud run today. And I'm going to make a Lit2 GS greataxe. But I have no clue on what I have to make to get it a Lit2 and neither how to apply the recipes to the greataxe. So I was hoping someone could help me a bit.

  2. #2
    Hero AZgreentea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Lost in the Swamp
    Posts
    3,638

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thozy View Post
    I just did my first shroud run today. And I'm going to make a Lit2 GS greataxe. But I have no clue on what I have to make to get it a Lit2 and neither how to apply the recipes to the greataxe. So I was hoping someone could help me a bit.
    I am personally fond of this planner:

    http://crafting.cubicleninja.com/

    It lets you play with what you can make, and then breaks down what you need by which altar it goes in.
    The problem is never how to get new, innovative thoughts into your mind, but how to get old ones out. Every mind is a building filled with archaic furniture. Clean out a corner of your mind and creativity will instantly fill it.
    Dee Hock

  3. #3
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    752

    Default

    Yeah, that planner is pretty nice. Especially with the Pre-Built selection available. I don't think I'd even mess with GS at all if something like that wasn't around.

  4. #4
    Community Member -Avalon-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Been playing around with the two best planners, and have a question for anyone that has any idea...

    If you slot your GS item with greater regen (1 per 15 sec) and Imp Regen (1 per 30 sec), do they stack to give +3 HP every 30 sec? Just curious... making a ConcOpp GS Helm, and saw that was possible, didn't know if it would be any good though.

  5. #5
    Hero DanteEnFuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Last House on the Left
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    Been playing around with the two best planners, and have a question for anyone that has any idea...

    If you slot your GS item with greater regen (1 per 15 sec) and Imp Regen (1 per 30 sec), do they stack to give +3 HP every 30 sec? Just curious... making a ConcOpp GS Helm, and saw that was possible, didn't know if it would be any good though.
    Please don't do that! It is inconsequential and the SP or HP versions are much better. Wish I didn't put Wiz on my first Goggles. Went blindness ward on the second toon's...
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

  6. #6
    Community Member -Avalon-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    929

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DanteEnFuego View Post
    Please don't do that! It is inconsequential and the SP or HP versions are much better. Wish I didn't put Wiz on my first Goggles. Went blindness ward on the second toon's...
    Well, the first option I had was the +45 HP/ConcOpp Helm... although, may make it goggles instead since I cannot find a pair of goggle I consider worth using lol...

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Thozy View Post
    I just did my first shroud run today. And I'm going to make a Lit2 GS greataxe. But I have no clue on what I have to make to get it a Lit2 and neither how to apply the recipes to the greataxe. So I was hoping someone could help me a bit.
    to make a LitII green steel great axe you need to have access to four altars.

    The first altar is located in Meridia, the Altar of Fecundity, in the baement area where you did your intital green steel crafting primer. You will use the ingredients you gathered in the vale quests to make the base item along with a signet stone - which you get by combining all five of the colored pie pieces.

    Below is a recipe for the Great Axe green steel bank. The recipe is taken from the DDO Game Guide, hands down the absolute best planner/game reference guide. However I strongly recommend that you down load the game guide yourself and /or at the very least confirm this recipe with another crafting planner prior to utilizing it.

    Create - Ore of Travail
    Combine: Chipmunk Funk, Locus Husk, Glistening Pebbles, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

    Create - Yellow Taper
    Combine: Bitterscrub Fungus, Locus Husk, Glistening Pebbles, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

    Create - Wonderous Oil
    Combine: Chipmunk Funk, Locus Husk, Lammanian Lily Petals, Green Briar Twig, Eberron Energy Cell

    Create - Shavarath Signet Stone
    Combine: Stone of: Might, Battle, Strategy, Foresight, Victory

    Create Final Item - +5 Greensteel Greataxe (3d6, 20/x3)
    Combine:

    Shavarath Signet Stone, Large Splintered Horn, Ore of Travail, Yellow Taper, Wonderous Oil


    I highlight the Large Splintered horn in red becaue it replaces the traditionally used energy cell. If you use the energy cell instead of the LSH, you will end up with a Great Crossbow. You do not want a green steel great crossbow.


    Once you have the blank made, shoot me a pm and i can help with the other tiers if you want.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

  8. #8
    Community Member -Avalon-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    929

    Default

    As for weapon, I was thinking of making a +5 GS Bastard Sword that is Frost/Shocking Burst/Shocking Blast(or +4 Insight AC) w/ Bonus Freezing Ice...

    Have never done GS stuff, so I am curious as to how effective different bonus effects are... I want the "Slay Living" one, but that would require gimping the rest of the weapon, or making it VERY situational (IE, anti-good)...

  9. #9
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,663

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    As for weapon, I was thinking of making a +5 GS Bastard Sword that is Frost/Shocking Burst/Shocking Blast(or +4 Insight AC) w/ Bonus Freezing Ice...

    Have never done GS stuff, so I am curious as to how effective different bonus effects are... I want the "Slay Living" one, but that would require gimping the rest of the weapon, or making it VERY situational (IE, anti-good)...
    there is(was) a thread (or two) floating around the boards where all the different damage types were compared. not sure if its outdated now (probably is) but it would be a good way to get a reative break down on the damage output of different types of weapons.

    my search-fu is weak, so maybe someone has a link to it saved.
    Last edited by Pape_27; 09-27-2012 at 05:04 PM.
    boo-tai jung-tzahng-duh
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    We love fansites!
    <*cough*B.S.*cough*>
    Quote Originally Posted by SqueakofDoom View Post
    There will be bugs!

  10. #10
    Community Member RabidApathy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    171

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pape_27 View Post
    there is(was) a thread (or two) floating around the boards where all the different damage types were compared. not sure if its outdated now (probably is) but it would be a good way to get a reative break down on the damage output of different types of weapons.

    my search-fu is weak, so maybe someone has a link to it saved.
    You thinking of Vanshilar's Proc rate thread?

    EDIT: I believe all the information in there is still correct with the exception of Cloudburst (which got changed in U14).
    Last edited by RabidApathy; 09-27-2012 at 05:39 PM.

  11. #11
    Hero DanteEnFuego's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Last House on the Left
    Posts
    1,396

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    As for weapon, I was thinking of making a +5 GS Bastard Sword that is Frost/Shocking Burst/Shocking Blast(or +4 Insight AC) w/ Bonus Freezing Ice...

    Have never done GS stuff, so I am curious as to how effective different bonus effects are... I want the "Slay Living" one, but that would require gimping the rest of the weapon, or making it VERY situational (IE, anti-good)...
    I think conventional wisdom these days is for non-caster sticks, LitII is still top tier. For my rogue, RadianceII is a must. For my Article life, I will probably add a VacuumII or Sundering Ooze for fun.

    If you make one GS bastard sword, I would go with Lit2 BS

    I also like my Conc Op Item on my goggles, but that can be class specific.

    There are several good planners out there. I like the one in the link above. The new interface makes it easier, but perhaps confusing at the same time.
    GL!
    "The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves." Niccolò Machiavelli
    Thelanis: Arbix Completionist (23rd Life), ArbySoul, ArbyBarb, ArbyPriest, Arbificer etc.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload