Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Eladrin View Post
    The new enhancements system will not be up for some time. We're planning on giving it an extended beta on Lamannia before going live with it - much longer than we traditionally have with our game systems.

Based on some early feedback and our experiences with the Epic Destinies, we pulled the enhancements system back to spend a lot more time on it. Several members of the System team are splitting their time between bugfixing and enhancements.

You should have ample warning before it goes live. I'd recommend you play your characters and not worry too much about how the enhancements will change, it won't be before the end of this year. (I can't give details on exactly when it'll land, though.)
    Say Eladrin are you guys planning to put in by the time the enhancement pass comes a racial respec option from the store? I think it would be a really good idea. Having to true reincarnate because they make some changes to racial enhancement and a player would just assume use the racial respec instead would be great. This could make Turbine money as well so pretty please.
    Norg Fighter12/Paladin6/Monk2, Jacquiej Cleric18/Monk1/Wiz1, Rabiez Bard16/Ranger3/Cleric1, Hangover Bard L20, Boomsticks Fighter12/Monk 6/Druid 2, Grumblegut Ranger8/Paladin6/Monk6, Rabidly Rogue L20, Furiously Rogue10/Monk6/Paladin4, Snowcones Cleric 12/Ranger 6/Monk 2, Norge Barbarian 12/FVS4/Rogue4. Guild:Prophets of The New Republic Khyber.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    Say Eladrin are you guys planning to put in by the time the enhancement pass comes a racial respec option from the store? I think it would be a really good idea. Having to true reincarnate because they make some changes to racial enhancement and a player would just assume use the racial respec instead would be great. This could make Turbine money as well so pretty please.
    Its going to be hilarious when one of the questionable race choices of today which has a con penalty ends up on top and people who made fun of that for 5 years are wearing it on their sleeve like: "If you dont play drow youre gimp." I want to see high numbers of Drizztard® Khopesh Kensai straight outa cookie cutter land next year. Please devs, make it so.
    Advocating repeated nerfs in the name of "balancing the game" then complaining about how DDO is moving away from D&D, is a direct contradiction in logic - D&D 3.5 (what DDO is based on) is not a balanced game. We can either have a balanced clone MMO with homogenized classes, or we can have a D&D game. We cant have both.

Quote Originally Posted by maddmatt70 View Post
    I agree that it would be great to have, and should be investigated. Race and gender are a little tricky to work with, which is why we haven't had it in the past.

Went to the official Xoriat (oh I mean Lamannia) post telling you how to enter Lamannia.

Started downloading the Pandrora's Box, and it froze up 3/4 thru...

Left it there, then finally remember I could not get Pandora's Box to work at all on this new computer.

Used: http://www.fileplanet.com/99211/0/se...Dragons-Online

This link to get DDO on my newish computer.

Well, have fun folks...

You should have ample warning before it goes live. I'd recommend you play your characters and not worry too much about how the enhancements will change, it won't be before the end of this year. (I can't give details on exactly when it'll land, though.)
    Yea see the problem with that is, for people interested in doing a "final life" (ie, no plan/desire/need to TR again) are stuck waiting, because of racial enhancements. There is no way to predict which race you will want to combine with your build, until you see what the new racial enhancements have to offer. So, your choice is A) wait until the system goes live, or B) commit to grinding out over 4 Million XP when it does go live if you guessed wrong. If you play just one character, maybe you can bite the bullet and chance it. For those of us with over a dozen... lets just say needlessly adding over 48 Million XP to the "to do" list isn't on the "to do" list.

I agree that it would be great to have, and should be investigated. Race and gender are a little tricky to work with, which is why we haven't had it in the past.
    See, this would be prime. Race change option would make the above problem go away. It would still cost TP, sure, but its different to say oh I need to spend 400 TP or whatever to fix this guy, than it is to say I need to spend 1500 TP to TR and grind out 4M xp. One of those I'm totally cool with, the other... lol no.

The race+class system DDO currently uses is amazing. If anything, I hope the racial enhancements become more appealing across the board for all. I'd even like to see the Racial PrEs go live (in a unique format, no reason for Dwarven Defender to simply clone Stalwart in my view; the tech exists for defense to scale up when still, and apply mods only to axes/hammers/etc... make good use of it!). And because of that, its just not worth grinding now knowing I will have to regrind later.

Do not misunderstand me. Waiting on the Enhancement system to ensure quality is a good thing in my eyes. As was being very clear with your paying customers exactly what was going on, so that we can make informed decisions and be happy with our playing experience. Up to this point, everything about the Enhancement overhaul has been done properly.

(Side note, stark contrast for some of the previous/current happenings with stealth changes to items such as devotion amounts on items going up and down with no word, and being forced to use epic tokens on a guess to correct it; or unannounced changes to loot tables like in Servants of the Overlords or Caught in the Web, and others. Even if some of these were good changes making them with zero communication to your customer base is wrong. Period. The way Enhancements are being handled is basically my only hope at this point for the game to turn around; despite my doubts about combining something like hunter of the dead and knight of the chalice as it affects current itemization and sounds almost too good, meaning to balance everything else would result in massive powercreep and more useless items in the game)

That said, adding a race-change option (priced at around 300-500 seems fair, its certainly not as huge as TR, but should be more than a name change) alleviates the problems encountered with the wait, as well as away to safeguard against such situations in the future.

The biggest hurdle from what I can see with a race change is the difference in abilities and costs. A human costs 16 pts to get 18 con, whereas a dwarf only costs 10 pts, allowing the dwarf to spend those 6 pts on something else. An elf can't even get an 18 in con.

Additionally you have feat requirements; you have a human with 18 con and a +3 tome, allowing you to get epic toughness. What happens if you want to switch to Drow?

It seems to me that race changing only wouldn't work, it would have to be something along with an LR.
    Last edited by Saravis; 09-25-2012 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saravis View Post
    The biggest hurdle from what I can see with a race change is the difference in abilities and costs. A human costs 16 pts to get 18 con, whereas a dwarf only costs 10 pts, allowing the dwarf to spend those 6 pts on something else. An elf can't even get an 18 in con.

Additionally you have feat requirements; you have a human with 18 con and a +3 tome, allowing you to get epic toughness. What happens if you want to switch to Drow?

It seems to me that race changing only wouldn't work, it would have to be something along with an LR.
    I'd imagine that it would get implemented as a special LR that lets you reselect your race at the beginning.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Community Member

perhaps as an added function to the GR instead of LR

Race and gender are a little tricky to work with, which is why we haven't had it in the past.
    You should take a trip to West Hollywood. They seem to have it down to a science there.
    Callissto:RS~Calithallasi:Fowl~Merb:RS~GearsofWar: Shiradi~Durperian:Necro~Aritahl:Figher~Jeatt:Shint ao~Mzil:Machine Gunner

Waiting in the lava pits to chain trip you on the way to Prison of the Planes

- "Monsters which "phase out" will do so less often, and for a shorter period of time."
    Quality of life win! Thanks very much for this.

- Kobold Hunter is now set to 72 kobolds.
    Awesome!

Please also consider reducing the final Account Hunter Deed of the following types too:

Mephits (by 3 or more) <- or by 2 and make Sand Mephit Warrior register.
    Bugbears (by 1 or more) <- or just make Crooktooth register
    Haflings (by 13 or more)
    Elves (by 7 or more)
    Ghouls (by 1 or more) <- preferably at least 2 (or just make Flamebound Warrior ghasts and ghouls register).

Zombie and Warforged I also worry are not achievable.

I can't be as definitive with zombie compared with the above since I know I'm still missing some of the House D zombies and am not even positive I've seen all the zombies The Disruptor has to offer since there are weird things like the named Lich there that surprised me recently. Tentatively, please reduce it by at least 3 to 65 or fewer.

In the case of Warforged I'm missing most of the rares of the house Cannith quests and explorers so can't even estimate.
    Khyber: Aggrim (Completionist!)
    All of my builds are grossly out of date. Just roll a human or drow mechanic / assassin rogue thing.
    Blind insta-kills floating eye balls.

Eladrin, you just made my day. You can't imagine how many people are waiting for this (both aspect). I know you can't promess anything, but it will really be a great touch to respec possibilities. Thanks

OK is Druid Deep fixed or still a known issue considering it isn't on EITHER list. TO be more precise Druid's Curse. THere has been a few people posting bug reports about it including myself. Mainly it not letting people take it the second time around stopping us from completing it.

just found a NASTY bug that will cost Turbine money. I have sent 2 pms about it plus TRIED to post a bug report on it but for some reason it won't let me. Also tried in game help but it keeps erasing the report before i can send it lol.

Community Member

Reincarnation

Fixed an issue where crashing during Lesser or Greater Reincarnation could result in the loss of Epic XP.

I hope this means the people that lost their EDs will get there exp back? If not any time estimate as to when?

I benched my main for 2 months already after losing about 15 mill ED exp, and im not alone

Quote Originally Posted by Wabisuki View Post
    Reincarnation

Fixed an issue where crashing during Lesser or Greater Reincarnation could result in the loss of Epic XP.

I hope this means the people that lost their EDs will get there exp back? If not any time estimate as to when?

I benched my main for 2 months already after losing about 15 mill ED exp, and im not alone
    Quoting myself from yesterday, to repeat the message in this thread:

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    While we are continuing to actively investigate an issue which is causing a (relatively) small number of people to lose their Epic Destiny XP upon reincarnation, we have corrected a similar-but-not-the-same bug which can cause Epic Destiny XP loss upon crashing during the lesser or greater reincarnation process. Sorry for the confusion, but these two issues are not directly related, they just have a similar result. For those affected by the recent reincarnation issue, please know that we are continuing to actively investigate the cause and work toward a solution for you.
    Have fun, and don't forget to gather for buffs!
    Submit DDO Bugs through: ddobugs.turbine.com
    Follow DDO on: Facebook Twitter Google+ Pinterest
    Join us on Twitch!

Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan View Post
    Quoting myself from yesterday, to repeat the message in this thread:
    I'm not affected by this issue but I really think you need to do much more now for players affected
    by this bug.

Would be nice if you could at least enable Warforged to change gender on TR, especially as there's no obvious visual indication which gender they actually are.

For reference: I did a double take the first time someone called my first Warforged character 'Miss'

The new enhancements system will not be up for some time. We're planning on giving it an extended beta on Lamannia before going live with it - much longer than we traditionally have with our game systems.
    That implies it wont be live for some time, but should be on Lamannia a lot earlier, so:

Any Hints when it will be coming to Lamannia?

Quote Originally Posted by Ebondevil View Post
    That implies it wont be live for some time, but should be on Lamannia a lot earlier, so:

Any Hints when it will be coming to Lamannia?
    Yeah "not this year" according to another post of his.

Well, then, why don't you just give us full 20 level respecs without having to TR? That's what quite a few of us have always wanted anyways, and it seems like it would be much easier for you as well.
    Akori-Fighter Iroka-Sorcerer Censured-Rogue Isilti-Cleric Tony-Sorcerer Duress-Cleric Elaril-Fighter Avatard-Fighter Mitigation-Paladin Loose-Bard Shiken-Fighter Unreasonably-Barbarian Jueh-Monk

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast