Community Member
    3rd star from the left, and on til morning...

Default How can I as a VIP buy adventure packs?

I'm considering going premium for 6 months so I can afford the expansion pack (mostly for the owlbear) and I'd sure like to be able to grab some adventure packs now while they are on sale.

Unfortunately I'm led to believe that even if I cancel my VIP now I have to wait until my current subscription runs out before I can purchase adventure packs in the store.

Does anyone know a way I can purchase them now so I can take advantage of current sales? Would sure save me a lot of TP but it would encourage me to buy the xpack and i'd probably end up spending more in the end.

Scholar Of Adventure & Hero Missing_Minds's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by My2Cents View Post
    I'm considering going premium for 6 months so I can afford the expansion pack (mostly for the owlbear) and I'd sure like to be able to grab some adventure packs now while they are on sale.

Unfortunately I'm led to believe that even if I cancel my VIP now I have to wait until my current subscription runs out before I can purchase adventure packs in the store.

Does anyone know a way I can purchase them now so I can take advantage of current sales? Would sure save me a lot of TP but it would encourage me to buy the xpack and i'd probably end up spending more in the end.
    answer: you can not.

In the past there was some work arounds Turbine employees did to help players but as I recall those tricks are no longer allowed. You have to let your sub end before you can purchase them.

You can try calling customer support and have the manually do it. Not sure if they allow that or not, but I guess its worth a shot.
    Magical Rings are well... magical. - Gandalf

Community Member

They don't let you do this, because they don't want people who want to switch from VIP to premium to be able to do it when packs are on sale. I can't see any other reason.

You can buy adventure packs (and other content not available) from the DDO Marketplace on their site. It doesn't filter content based on your characters there.