Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by NovaNZ View Post
    Hail Sandypaws (math is approx only)

Cacophony -1% proc ~ 325 dmg/strike ~ 6 dmg/hit (low proc %, potential for sonic resistance, even with full 50% vulnerability ~ 9 dmg /hit)

Annihilation - 2% proc ~ 458 dmg/strike ~ 9.15 dmg/hit (higher Proc %, untyped damage)

Shreiking (2d6 sonic damage) = ave 7 dmg/hit increased up to 10.5 dmg/hit with 50% sonic vulnerbility applied.

Steam (2d8 +8 untyped damage) = ave 17 dmg/hit
    For Steam you leave dividing the 17 dmg/hit over the proc rate. I believe it falls behind Annihilation at that point, no? Something like a 20% proc rate?

Hail Sandypaws (math is approx only)

Cacophony -1% proc ~ 325 dmg/strike ~ 6 dmg/hit (low proc %, potential for sonic resistance, even with full 50% vulnerability ~ 9 dmg /hit)

Annihilation - 2% proc ~ 458 dmg/strike ~ 9.15 dmg/hit (higher Proc %, untyped damage)

Shreiking (2d6 sonic damage) = ave 7 dmg/hit increased up to 10.5 dmg/hit with 50% sonic vulnerbility applied.

Steam (2d8 +8 untyped damage) = ave 17 dmg/hit
    Steam is not a 100% proc.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    Steam is not a 100% proc.
    Steam guard is 20% proc.
    I am talking about steam as a weapon suffix which is:

Steam: "This weapon is constantly building a magical steam within. When the weapon is used, this pressure can be violently discharged, periodically damaging enemies with an additional 2d8 plus 8 points of untyped damage on a successful hit." (ddowiki)
    Quote Originally Posted by DawnofEntropy View Post
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

Community Member

Thanks for the calcs, Nova. Very helpful!
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Steam guard is 20% proc.

Steam: "This weapon is constantly building a magical steam within. When the weapon is used, this pressure can be violently discharged, periodically damaging enemies with an additional 2d8 plus 8 points of untyped damage on a successful hit." (ddowiki)
    Emphasis mine.

DDOwiki doesn't list its proc rate. That does not mean that it is 100% proc. From what i've heard from other posters, steam is absolutely terrible for a +6 modification, doing something like 3.4 average damage per hit, less than a simple "Shock" (Doing 3.5 average damage per hit with +1 modification) prefix.

EDIT: Forum searching leads to many anecdotal examples of weapon-based steam being a 20% proc as well (See here). However, if you have personally tested steam, and found that it does infact proc on every single hit, that would be welcome news!
    Last edited by Brennie; 09-29-2012 at 05:11 PM.

Hail Brennie.

I welcome your feedback. This is the great thing about forums - knowledge is there to be gained.

I have not tested it but have used it. It may be that Steam is 20% proc as well.

I have read Sirgogs post re Steam - not entirely sure of his source either.

I will test it within the week and post my findings.

Tx
    Who wouldn't want to see Flizik the dwarf jamming to 'Devil went down to georgia' and smoking a pipe ...

Community Member Book_O_Dragons's Avatar

Hail Brennie.

I welcome your feedback. This is the great thing about forums - knowledge is there to be gained.

I have not tested it but have used it. It may be that Steam is 20% proc as well.

I have read Sirgogs post re Steam - not entirely sure of his source either.

I will test it within the week and post my findings.

Tx
    My GS repeater with steam does NOT proc it every time.
    That is water+positive dual shard.
    The worst problem on the DDO forums right now

Primary Server: Khyber ~~~ Officer in Knights of Kern

Hail Book.

Yup checked a GS planner (iro.umontreal.ca) - steam - "reported to trigger every 5 hits on average" which is approx 20% proc.

Tx for that data. Appreciated.

Steam guard is 20% proc.

If steam was a 100% proc rate, people wouldn't be using Lit II for trash.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Hail Glenalth

You make a good point. Logic is logic.

I will test it for my own peace of mind. I need to be able to remedy any false info I may have unwillingly offered to sandypaws and others.

Tx

I think pandemonium would be a better prefix than cacophonic when considering sonic vulnerability. It also helps you to determine how vulnerable they are so you can throw a greater shout at them.

Quote Originally Posted by sandypaws View Post
    ...Shrieking/cacophonic weapons....
    Don't stop there - search the AH for "Pandemonium" - awesome while in that ED.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by fco-karatekid View Post
    Don't stop there - search the AH for "Pandemonium" - awesome while in that ED.
    Is pandemonium better than shrieking?

Shrieking is 2d6 per hit

Pandemonium is 1d6 + 1-8/2-16/3-24 on crit + 2-12 on crit

...of course it'd depend on your crit profile, but even assuming an x3 crit 1/5th of the time we're looking at...and I'm going to show my noobishness here because I'm not doing weighted dice (still haven't figured out what weighted dice actually are) and I'm not including rounding due to fractional damage from vulnerabilities since I also don't know how that works:

Shrieking: 2-12=>7
    Pandemonium: 1-6=>3.5, (2-16)/5=>1.8, (2-12)/5=>1.4; Total: 6.7ish, assuming an x3 17-20 crit range or so. This feels like an overestimate for most weaps.
    Last edited by sandypaws; 09-30-2012 at 09:12 AM.
    Cannith, Slicing Blow. Vilenna (18/1/1 Clonkard), Marvala (20 monk), Phrenia (19/1 rogue/fighter), Malchara (12/6/2 AA), Denaria (18/2 ...wonk?)

Is pandemonium better than shrieking?

Shrieking is 2d6 per hit

Pandemonium is 1d6 + 1-8/2-16/3-24 on crit + 2-12 on crit
    Wailing is 3d6 per hit

It is almost impossible to find though.
    AoK @ Argonnessen

For pure sonic wailing would be my choice too but as already mentioned - not ever seen it yet ingame so far.

ADDIT - Ok so small test with +6 Daxe with steam suffix on ship dummy - no buffs. (repeated several times)

Results show approx 0.25 proc rate for steam.

Conclusion - Steam as weapon suffix is NOT to be recommended.

Sincere apologies to all effected by my earlier misinformation re Proc rate of steam.

Tx
    Last edited by NovaNZ; 10-01-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    I'm betting that it does stack and Cru121 just didn't know that the Marksmanship attack and damage bonuses are bugged and do not appear on the inventory panel. The only way to know for sure it to test.

I'll check it out next time I'm in game.
    I just read it on the forums - perhaps some lama thread - on stacking of fatesinger tailwind + wind howler bracers + bold trinket + darguun shipbuff. It said these all are competence bonus to damage, i.e., non-stacking.

If your tests prove something different, feel free to update the wiki.

Community Member

For pure sonic wailing would be my choice too but as already mentioned - not ever seen it yet ingame so far.

ADDIT - Ok so small test with +6 Daxe with steam suffix on ship dummy - no buffs. (repeated several times)

Results show approx 0.25 proc rate for steam.

Conclusion - Steam as weapon suffix is NOT to be recommended.

Sincere apologies to all effected by my earlier misinformation re Proc rate of steam.

Tx
    Seriously dude, haven't you been on the forums before?

That is not how you deal with information you asserted turning out to be false.

1. You discover your information is wrong.
    2. Try to massage the figures to prove yourself "actually right, when you think about it like this (or under these extremely unlikely conditions)"
    3. Insult other posters who have realised your mistake.
    4. Complain that "It is DDO that is incorrect and I am actually right. Turd-bine always f**ks over us paying customers like this."
    5. Sock-puppet some new "data" confirming your original information.
    6. Change user-name.

Nono, it's a good kind of exploit. The kind that makes fatesinger hurt at least as much as shiradi.
    Oh...WELL THEN...we wouldn't want that...we wouldn't want something called "epic" to actually be epic...I say we need to call for a nerf on Fatesinger...nerf it...NERF IT!!

I mean, really, isn't that the new mantra...

Sorry I trolled...I will hang my head in shame and leave
    Argo server:
    Deadbot-Sorcerer Warforged // Weetawted - Wizard AM Warforged // Rattletrap - Light Monk Warforged // Baloons - Artificer Warforged // Mormorromrom - Favored Soul Human Evoker/Healer

Pardon the necro, but does the harmonic resonance actually work on an archer? I swear I've just fired hundreds of shots without noticing it either on the enemies' debuffs examining them or a purple sonic number. Level 3 in fatesinger, just trying it out tonight for the first time (on my archer toon) since I mindlessly ground out the first 3 levels in some ED farm.

Community Member BinyaminTsadik's Avatar

Pendant of the stormreaver

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12