Default Epic Garos Malice, what should I slot on it?

I just made an epic Garos Malice, and it has a red slot and a colorless slot. Anything worth putting in there?
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

Quote Originally Posted by Bolo_Grubb View Post
    I just made an epic Garos Malice, and it has a red slot and a colorless slot. Anything worth putting in there?
    slot it with good, or +7 if you're looking to permanently slot the red slot.

alternatively, run epic devil assault, and place what ever augment crystal strikes your fancy.

at east fire seems to work well on the Drow in Faerun so I suppose good would be good as well

Either +7, or a Red Augment Crystal of Demon's Ruin, or (my preferred suggestion) leave it blank and just use it until you can upgrade it to something better. Even if its casting stats aren't useful to you, the Epic Elite Swailing Blade is so far ahead (for TWF DPS on creatures with no fire resistance which tend to not have much DR) it is not funny.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Either +7, or a Red Augment Crystal of Demon's Ruin, or (my preferred suggestion) leave it blank and just use it until you can upgrade it to something better. Even if its casting stats aren't useful to you, the Epic Elite Swailing Blade is so far ahead (for TWF DPS on creatures with no fire resistance which tend to not have much DR) it is not funny.
    I've got two on my rogue, they are unslotted for precisely this reason.

Every once in a while I think about maybe slotting them with some other DR-breaker like Byshek or Law or whatever for a few very specific edge cases. Then I remember I don't have infinite tokens and time, and put them back in the bank.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Even if its casting stats aren't useful to you, the Epic Elite Swailing Blade is so far ahead (for TWF DPS on creatures with no fire resistance which tend to not have much DR) it is not funny.
    i think i have heard about this before but can't remember . what is the "Epic Elite Swailing Blade " .can u link it?
    ^^^^^^^^
    This Side UP

http://ddowiki.com/page/Swailing_Blade_%28Level_24%29 There is the level 24 version.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:The...27s_Curse_loot here are links for all the variations

It is a very nice fire sword even for melee. Since My rogue is pierce spec though I will stick with what I have and slot one of the temp red augments as I get them.

Now for my fighter who is slashing spec I will be looking to get a Swailing Blade

Community Member mrscreammeface's Avatar

Fortunately the temp red augments from Devils assault do not cost any Tokens to use and are a good option for any epic weapon with an available slot.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Swailing_Blade_%28Level_24%29 There is the level 24 version.

http://ddowiki.com/page/Category:The...27s_Curse_loot here are links for all the variations

It is a very nice fire sword even for melee. Since My rogue is pierce spec though I will stick with what I have and slot one of the temp red augments as I get them.

Now for my fighter who is slashing spec I will be looking to get a Swailing Blade
    Looks like EE Swailing without improved crit is still better than Epic Garos with improved crit.
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

maybe so, but I have an Epic Garos Malice and have yet to get the other

maybe so, but I have an Epic Garos Malice and have yet to get the other
    Was just pointing out that investing a lot of tokens into something you aren't going to use forever may not be the best use of your time.

I would slot the red slot with good (usual pretty easy to get metal type from an arti)and then the clear slot with some stat crystal i was not able to easily slot elsewhere. in my case i put in a charisma crystal there.

Remember you can always clear the slot later if you decide to go another path for the crystals just check the wiki on augment crystals and it explains how to clear the slot.

Also congrats on the epic crafting.

Final note there is always something better out there but that was not the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by atlantiandreams View Post

Final note there is always something better out there but that was not the point of this thread.
    The thing is, IMO it's easier to get a million-odd platinum to buy an epic elite Swailing Blade than it is to collect 50 dungeon tokens to slot the Garos's Malice the way you suggested. Why invest so many tokens into something you'll only use for four levels (20, 21, 22, 23) on each future TR?

look at it this way sirgog. i and most likely you know very little about the OP. He asked a question about a piercing weapon and some advice to do with that. You stated a couple examples of advice then recomended a slashing weapon as a better alternative.

My rogue is pierce specked and also i am a pure human rogue that means i do not have the use of scimitars as that would require another feat. The OP accomplished something through epic crafting which is always fun IMO and you nullified it by stating get this its better.

look at it this way sirgog. i and most likely you know very little about the OP. He asked a question about a piercing weapon and some advice to do with that. You stated a couple examples of advice then recomended a slashing weapon as a better alternative.

My rogue is pierce specked and also i am a pure human rogue that means i do not have the use of scimitars as that would require another feat. The OP accomplished something through epic crafting which is always fun IMO and you nullified it by stating get this its better.
    Look at it this way - 50 tokens is a massive time investment. A feat swap is not.

I cannot in any good conscience recommend wasting that much effort on something you will bank soon.

Was just pointing out that investing a lot of tokens into something you aren't going to use forever may not be the best use of your time.

and that is why I will slot it with the temporary augments for Devil's assault instead of using tokens.

I do appreciate all the discussion. My rogue will remain pierce spec as all of his weapons are piercing. My fighter is slash and Khopesh spec, so I can get the swailing blade on him

Look at it this way - 50 tokens is a massive time investment. A feat swap is not.

I cannot in any good conscience recommend wasting that much effort on something you will bank soon.
    And man I want the Garos Malice to be better. I love that model.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Don't forget the "little" problem that rogues are also not proficient with scimitars.

I don't know, in the end, things goes down to this comparassion:

+3d6 flaming damage
    +0.5 [W]
    +1 enhancement bonus

vs.
    ML 20
    Flaming Burst
    Blinding Embers (poor man's radiance)
    Red slot
    Colorless Slot

They look very competitive for me. The epic normal/hard version is literally the same for a melee, and not much better than Garos (however, much easier to acquire). Epic Elite Druid's Curse is a hard quest, and depending on which server you are, not that easy to get a group to farm it.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.