Default chat windows and customization issues

While I have some minor quibbles (why can chat windows be undocked, but never redocked? we can't change the order?) basically everything is resolvable by setting them up again from scratch.... except for one rather important problem.

Whenever I rename my "Default2" (or whatever) tab, it works fine. Until I quit and come back. Then it says Default again.

Due to accidentally undocking windows, trying to get things exactly back the way I wanted required customizing all of them. So now instead of "Guild - General - Combat", I have "Default1 - Default2 - Default2".

I've had this issue in the past as well, but never as bad as recently since I accidentally undocked my Guild window and found that redocking and reordering was impossible.

Is there some rubber chicken voodoo I need to do to get the titles saved correctly?
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

You must be having a bug. I have no issue dragging windows off then back on to the main chat window. Nor any trouble renaming a tab and having it remain renamed after closing the client and reopening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!

Hurm, got to be a bug.

I have noticed how to redock a window. I was dragging it to where it would be in the tabs. It seems you have to drag it to the main text.

Of course, that is of little use to me now since all of my tabs have already been renamed. I tried changing them and quitting, or changing them and logging out... same thing. I even tried saving my ui, logging out, logging back in (which turned everything default) and loading the saved UI. Still default.

Noticed something extra odd. After renaming my windows, if I now try to undock one, I get the error: "Unknown chat window Combat" (or whatever). Seems they are still internally referenced as Default3 or so....

Aaaannnnndddd...... playing further figured out the fix.

It seems when you change the name of a window, it doesn't "stick", until you hit enter with the cursor in the name field..... Once you hit enter, you're OK. Before then, you can always click on the name and get a cursor to change the name again.

Very strange.... but works for me now at least.
    Cannith Server :Vice Sovereign of The Guild of Calamitous Intent

Kalener (Monk) Renelak (backup band) Raoull (Mr. McStabby) Kaleray (laser heals) Kalrah (xbow rogue)

ah. yes. well, i instinctively hit enter after typing the new name, so never encountered that particular problem. Definitely worth bug reporting, since the UI code 'SHOULD' accept a mouse click out of the tab to be equivalent to hitting Enter. For sure should be fixed.

Also, you know that there is a 'reset all chat windows' button the UI options menu? At the very least that will fix anything that's really mental.
    Quote Originally Posted by Towrn
    ...when the worst thing that happens when you make a mistake at your job is someone complains on the internet, you probably care a little less!