Default Feat for level 9

I am torn on what what to choose at level 9. I am going to choose spell focus at level 12. I am taking imp precise shot at level 15. Greater Spell focus in the levels following.
    I have the following feats already:
    -Toughness once
    -Rapid reload
    -Quicken
    -Point blank shot
    -Precise shot

I am thinking of taking precision or maximise or empower. (Bear in mind that I do enjoy brawling but I wont take a feat just for brawling.) Im not a soloer so Im not taking Augmented summoning. I met another arti, he took toughness twice. Im a warforged if the helps. Any other suggestions would help.
    Quote Originally Posted by totalmir View Post
    I like this thread,it breaks the monotony of my day.
    Quote Originally Posted by PuppiesAndRainbows View Post
    Kobold make a wonderful satisfying crunch sound when killed; you can't kill just one.

Vampires scream ranks up there with kobold crunch for satisfying slays.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I think this is my WF arty's feat list: PBS (1), Toughness (3), Rapid Shot (arty 4), Precision (6), Aug Summon (arty 8), Prec Shot (9), IC:Ranged (arty 12), SF:Evo (12), IPS (15), Quicken (arty 16), GSF:Evo (18), Max (arty 20), Combat Archery (epic 21), ESF:Evo (epic 24). Probably should've planned to take Max sooner; I might swap Aug Summon for Max and take Emp @ 20.

Community Member

If you do a lot of grouping, Max and Empower are probably not required (They are only used for Blade barrier generally, and most groups do not know how to use blade barrier effectively.)
    Precision is a good one.

I like Precision so long as you have Maximize and Empower by the time you hit level 15. The stance costs nothing to an Artificer and allows them to get more crits on the ranged weapon with the best thread range.
    Things that if Turbine went all EXTREME PREJUDICE™ on, would actually make the game fun again.:
    • Giving us the racial PrE’s we were promised, before rolling out DDOStore™ Enhancement Trees.
    • Fixing physical defense for Rangers and Rogues. It’s ridiculous that you’re better off wearing Heavy Armor and ignoring your innate feats on these classes.
    • Cannith Crafting.
    • Update the named loot to put them on the same system.
    • Fixing the Cannith Challenges so that they can be 6 starred without incredible luck or store bought items.
    • Fixing all challenges to give us decent XP and ingredient returns for the unreasonable time we have to spend in most of them.

I wouldn't take quicken until you get reconstruct. That would be the level 16 feat. You are also missing Rapid Shot from the low-level ranged feat tree.

If you reach the point of total lack of interesting options, also give a look to Mithral Body. More AC, now that AC is useful, is always good. And you get a bit of PRR too.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Community Member

Yeah, I would backload Quicken as well, and have Maximize (but not Empower) by the time you get BB (15). Take Precision before any of the above, imo. Yes, it's that good, esp in the undead heavy leveling range.

edit: Is Rapid Shot what you meant to list in the OP instead of Rapid Reload? Agreed with the above, it's missing and above any of the above (I assume you have it, since you get Rapid Reload for free).

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nibel View Post
    I wouldn't take quicken until you get reconstruct.
    Quicken @ lvl 8 was for Flame Turret which has one slow-@$$ cast time.
    If you reach the point of total lack of interesting options, also give a look to Mithral Body. More AC, now that AC is useful, is always good. And you get a bit of PRR too.
    The problems with Mithral Body are (A) the MDB is stuck at 5, which puts it behind all the "real" light armor these days as you level up and (B) not providing the right PRR. I suppose it's better than no AC or PRR, but it's not as good as it should be.

Even with the bugged MDB/PRR, it's not bad for an artificer. If you got Dex 21 for combat archery, and add a dex +7 item, you end with a +9 dex bonus. Mithral body with mobility is a 7 MDB. You lose 2 potential dex to AC, but you are still 4 AC points over the composite plating with high level docents.

If you get everything else to raise dex (+4 tome, +8 dex item, +3 insightful dex, +1 exceptional dex, +2 alchemical dex, some ED points), you might get 1 or 2 points better AC, but still zero PRR.
    Last edited by nibel; 09-23-2012 at 03:05 PM.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

How are you qualifying for battle engineer??

Normally that is point blank shot. Do you have power attack or weapon focus ranged?? If you don't have battle engineer, definitely take PBS and get battle engineer.

j

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by andreascott89 View Post
    How are you qualifying for battle engineer??

Normally that is point blank shot. Do you have power attack or weapon focus ranged?? If you don't have battle engineer, definitely take PBS and get battle engineer.

j
    Point blank shot is in the OP..... Power attack ?! On an (ranged) artificer!? WEAPON FOCUS RANGED? On a dex character (well I assume it's high) without a bonus feat slot every other level? Are you drunk (serious question, probably should avoid drunkposting :P)?

Quote Originally Posted by locus View Post
    Point blank shot is in the OP..... Power attack ?! On an (ranged) artificer!? WEAPON FOCUS RANGED? On a dex character (well I assume it's high) without a bonus feat slot every other level? Are you drunk (serious question, probably should avoid drunkposting :P)?
    Ah. sorry, misread the original post as listing the feats he was considering taking not feats that he already had.

My bad!

J