Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Habreno View Post
    I think I have a new one for you: Most Negative Levels

Screenshot.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Also, yes, sadly, I died in Casual Litany vs Cholthulzz... on a level 25 Cleric...
    superduper achivement!
    kokaisa cc/nuker drow warlock. .agrippe aa. farim-1 monk. meatmountain barbarian.boltergaist arti(retired pileon)
    Renowned in thelanis
    DDO on YOUTUBE CHANNEL

Quote Originally Posted by Benfe23 View Post
    So what would earn proper respect if it was soloed:

EE DQ2
    EE von6 (apparently there is a way to do it, see Shataan's EH completion)
    EE LOB
    Elite shroud
    Elite TOD
    EE citw (with no reentries at all)
    EE Chrono (with no reentries at all)
    Elite HOX (lvl limit mabye to be worthy achievement?)
    Elite VOD (lvl limit mabye to be worthy achievement?)
    Are you aware LOB has not been solo'd on any difficulty? Even heroic normal! Yet you think it would only be respectable to solo it EE. Im going to guess you havnt solo'd anything, ever!

Why is there no highest guild renown on 1 char?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan_Milic View Post
    Why is there no highest guild renown on 1 char?
    there is, you mustve missed it.

edit: page 3, 13mil guild renown

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Knight_slayer View Post
    Are you aware LOB has not been solo'd on any difficulty? Even heroic normal! Yet you think it would only be respectable to solo it EE. Im going to guess you havnt solo'd anything, ever!
    Yes ur right in the first part, that is most likely the case. Point however was, that bars for soloing would be set so high, such that it would not be done for a very long time and even if it was then by a very select few who have skills to do so. But yes I suppose any Epic completion solo could merit a lot of respect, but mind u EE would merit an unfathomable amount.

As for the second part, no comment.

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    there is, you mustve missed it.

edit: page 3, 13mil guild renown
    Ty,its not very visible there.

Time Bandit

Quote Originally Posted by AidanRyuko View Post
    allright let me put this up for debate:

what CURRENT epics are worth putting up?
    Well I'm sure you'll get a variety of answers from a variety of people. My opinion is that most solo quest completions aren't particularly worth putting up (so just the 1st completion or particular settings such as class is probably sufficient), while most solo or 2-man raids are.

It kind of varies depending on the specific quest or raid though. I don't think Tempest Spine or Reaver's Fate is worthwhile even though they are raids (they are lower-level raids though). I think Devil's Assault is worthwhile even though it is a quest. I know you're asking about epics but I'm speaking more generally to what type of completion records are worthwhile to note.

For several raids I think even 2-manning them is worth mentioning, since soloing them is so much more difficult. The Abbot (Accursed Ascension) is one of them, especially if the two people can do all the puzzles in one round (and not use any mana pots to complete it) without dying.

Some of the raids haven't been soloed simply because there's not enough interest to bothering with them; LoB and MA fall into this category. In our internal discussions we chose to look at soloing Abbot first largely simply because it's easily accessible -- you zone directly into the fight (only the initial fight with the Abbot might be considered trash -- but generally, that just takes roughly 2-3 minutes IIRC). For the Cannith raids, you have to first go through several wilderness areas, and each raid has trash parts at the beginning, so that's a lot of "wasted" time before the actual fight to slog through that we haven't really felt like looking at those. If LoB and MA were set up in the same way as Abbot (where you go directly to the main fight), I've no doubt they'd have been soloed already.

Abbot also presented us with more interesting intellectual and execution challenges; there was a lot more work in understanding and practicing for Abbot before we had our first 2-man completion compared with our 2-man completions for LoB and MA.

So overall for most quests I feel like maybe just listing the 1st completion is sufficient, or the 1st completion under specific parameters. For most raids I think listing people who have been able to solo or 2-man them is better, because they're that much harder to do. Only for certain specific quests do I think it's good to list all known solo/2-man completions.

I think if someone has never solo'd a quest their opinion on its difficulty is not valid!
    Same here, which is why I tend to post links to corroborate what I say -- they serve as evidence to justify my position, so that people can see that I can back up my words. With a thread like this one though, where it's a compilation of what notable things players have done, it's inevitable that some players that aren't as able to back up what they say with proof but still want to be noted will instead fall back on the sort of "well everybody knows" or "because I say so" type of vague arguments for their position, rather than being able to use firm documentation such as screenshots for why their opinion counts.

For AidanRyuko my advice is to look through the body of evidence supporting or not supporting each person's opinion on what type of things are considered notable, in terms of how much weight to give to their responses. For example, a compilation of Over Raided's achievements (including Vevay's, Shaatan's, and mine) can be found here. Several of the other posters in this thread have similarly publicly visible records; for example, xTethx is from Revenants which set many of the speedrun records here, and Knight_slayer has posted numerous achievements in the Achievements forums which are easily searched (not to mention, from Ravensguard). I would say posters who are unable to point to such records are much more easily suspect.

Thank you for the well written response on quests and raids, exactly the type of opinion I'm looking for. Though actual experience is best, any person that can write a well-argumented post is going to be taken seriously.

Side note: Been a while but I should be updating the book again tomorrow. I've been wanting to add more fastest completion times but the continuous bugs on this really make it impossible to make a legit page on that with the exception of people who filmed it.

I'm personally aiming to beat the reflex save record (and will coz I had 77 reflex at lvl 14 and my goal is reaching three digits but the way it looks now I need to tap into shadowdancer ED to reach it).

Community Member

The LoB was the most extreme, but he also did other things extremely wrong. His post was plain stupid

EE chrono without re-entries? I can be wrong but even with re-entries it would be nice, i can understand that you want to reget ship buffs or restock on pots if needed, and there would be no point in re-entering unless you don't want to redo a boss you've already done. Also I believe the lvl 8 who solo'd elite chrono (not me, I did lvl 9 and no CAB) should be put as amazing solo. I know how incredibly hard it is and I still have no clue how he killed the CAB :P Even with his AC

EE MA? Either you got to do it with a caster, which would make the casting immune boss a pain, or with a melee, which is very painful vs the melee boss. A melee FvS could have a shot if not for the fact that these 2 bosses hit you at same time. I'd say heroic normal should be doable, heroic hard would be considered a very nice solo achievement (I admit I've never solo'd that one but based on doing the raid a couple of times I think this is appropriate.

Elite HoX. It's very weird somehow I had the feeling he wanted to include all raids. Lvl limit would be 20, you take a ranger with manyshot and fury 5 and adren overload kill the boss in no time, this isn't even an achievement anymore. Also it is like not solo-able if you do it with the doggies the old way.

To make it right, he was right with elite shroud, it's an achievement, and it's not impossible :-)
    Ainevek: 9/6/2 FvS/ranger/paladin (life 2/?) Shinweng: 8/5/2 monk/wizard/paladin (life 4/3?Abaranda: 18/2 FvS/monk (life 7/?) Kevenia: 6 sorcerer (life 2/?)
    Two handed chruchers, Ghallanda

Just a nice place to camp in VoN3.

Cannith
    Csodaszarvas
    Valyria - Hulkie - Sillymilly - Killberry - Silvyanna - Walour - Corgak - Thalrian-1

Not really an achievement but that's 7 secs EE sobrien take down. Not even fully buffed, bow is only tier1 and I don't have OC. It can probably be lowered to 4-5 secs.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jyjZ05kSlo

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Symerith View Post
    Not really an achievement but that's 7 secs EE sobrien take down. Not even fully buffed, bow is only tier1 and I don't have OC. It can probably be lowered to 4-5 secs.
    Impressive.

It can be lowered to one shot with Double Rainbow, which confused the rest of the party I went in there with
    Glenalth Woodwalke ■ Preston the Ranger ■ Brisqoe the Dentist ■ Prescription Liberator
    AoK @ Argonnessen

Community Member

Me too! Me too!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xKT5brmwuic

Quote Originally Posted by Glenalth View Post
    It can be lowered to one shot with Double Rainbow, which confused the rest of the party I went in there with
    I'm guessing that'd be one of the prismatic procs which means a caster could do the same.

Heres a new one. Most deaths and most negative hp. http://tinyurl.com/a3oc8vr

Community Member

So... am I qualified for something now that I soloed all raids ?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=404523

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shaatan View Post
    So... am I qualified for something now that I soloed all raids ?

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=404523
    **** Shataan, im particularly impressed my EE DQ2 and the EN LOB soloes. Awesomsauce

Damn.... LoB SOLO? ON EPIC? NICE!

By the way, great clip on the neg levels. I didn't even realize how good that would look just by itself, with Chothullz in the background like that.

TR'ed though, so if someone else will try and beat it I won't be able to retry... not that that's going to be easy at all to do. After 25.... it gets really freaking hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheLegendOfAra View Post
    Welcome to Argo, where our end game players are constantly striving for new and exciting ways to make themselves more gimp, and continually working towards progressively more pointless goals.
    BYOH. Know it, abide by it, or don't mess with those who do.

Highest possible int ingame atm is 83 - I am missing +5 tome and I'm human so 1 less than drow.

Edit: Clarification - This was done without the double destiny exploit (basically, it is possible right now to be in shiradi for +10 tea and in magister for +16 int combined.) This is fixed on Lam.

This is the breakdown:

2compl
    2ship
    18base
    1enh
    8item
    3insight
    6lvl
    10ED
    2yugo
    2store
    1litany
    3enh
    2cap
    1exc.
    2feat
    2bard
    3twist
    2form
    4abishai
    4tome
    3alchem
    = 81

Also, thanks to my guildies for helping me get to 24 fast (Yes, I grinded 3.4 million XP and 2.1 million Epic XP to prove it after some stupid forum bet ^^)
    Last edited by Symerith; 01-21-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Sithali-1 ~ 31/31 Lives ~ Completionist
    OMNIPRESENCE
    The Sith Project ~ Youtube channel ~ Sithali, King of Burst DPS ~ Pyrene, the Endgame Paladin ~ Facebook!

Highest possible int ingame atm is 83 - I am missing +5 tome and I'm human so 1 less than drow.

Edit: Clarification - This was done without the double destiny exploit (basically, it is possible right now to be in shiradi for +10 tea and in magister for +16 int combined.) This is fixed on Lam.

This is the breakdown:

2compl
    2ship
    18base
    1enh
    8item
    3insight
    6lvl
    10ED
    2yugo
    2store
    1litany
    3enh
    2cap
    1exc.
    2feat
    2bard
    3twist
    2form
    4abishai
    4tome
    3alchem
    = 81

Also, thanks to my guildies for helping me get to 24 fast (Yes, I grinded 3.4 million XP and 2.1 million Epic XP to prove it after some stupid forum bet ^^)
    you dont need to sploit to do it just go in a quest in shr use tea get +10 go to fatespinner and switch back to magister still keeps the +10 or go to tavern wait on tea to reset lasts 5mins cd is 2mins cast 2nd tea with lower diplo and get +14 stats. 10 ED whats this?
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast