Default Rogue - Spell Points for pure rogue

Hi folks,

I am looking for suggestions to work some SP into my pure rogue gear set up so that I can access some of the niftier epic destiny twists. (looking at YOU, Draconic Energy Sheath). I would like to have SP that are on an item that I don't swap out often, so as not to end up with an empty blue bar due to need to swap an item.

My current Gear set up:

Neck - Epic Grim's Bracelet, Golden Guile, Golden Cartouche (for extra UMD)
    Head - Cove Pirate Hat with Heavy Fort and Tumble, rarely swapped
    Trinket - Epic Cove Spyglass, occasional swap to Sustaining Symbiont
    Belt - +6 Con and Balance, never swapped
    Boots - lots of swapping between Golden Greaves, Jet Boots, Woodsman boots and Madstone boots
    RR - Epic Buccaneer's Ring- rarely swapped
    LR - Swap-o-rama, utility slot with skill boosts, divine power, superior resists
    Goggles - Tinker Goggles - only swap for Undersun goggles
    Gloves - Tinker Gloves only occasionally swapped for Titan's grip clickie
    Bracers - Thaarak Bracers with swaps for haste, expeditious retreat, other utility
    Cloak - Cloak of Night with end of quest swaps to Mantle of Worldshaper
    Armor - Parasitic BP with reflex save boost. I also have a Dragontouched Blank.

Seems that my least swapped slots are Head, Belt, Cloak, Armor so those are good near-term candidates for adding SP in some fashion. There is indubitably some major redecorating that I can do to improve overall set up. I have VIP, MotU and can craft into the 70s. (holding off on the 80s because of the terrible fashions and hairstyles)

I am open and appreciative to any suggestions.
    Last edited by lurxst; 09-21-2012 at 01:03 PM.

Putting an SP item on a non-blue bar toon will not give them a blue bar. So unless your ED will grant you a blue bar, or you splash in a class that has one, you wont get any SP from an item.

That being said, once you actually DO get a blue bar on your toon, you can easily add spell points to GS items. Pick your favorite slot.

Occasionally, I get a blue bar on my lvl 16 pure rogue. It shows up with 20sp, and may or may not have any of the sp available.

I'm assuming this is a bug. Or am I missing some incredible new feature?

This behavior has changed since U14, due to reasons the OP wants some spell points. Having a Sorc PL on your pure Rogue gives you 20 spell points, for instance.

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Do you actually need SPs to use, e.g., Energy Sheath? The wiki is unclear, but it looks like you can go Shadowdancer -> Fatesinger -> Dragonic Incarnation and I don't see mention of SP / blue bar requirement.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by varusso View Post
    Putting an SP item on a non-blue bar toon will not give them a blue bar. So unless your ED will grant you a blue bar, or you splash in a class that has one, you wont get any SP from an item.

That being said, once you actually DO get a blue bar on your toon, you can easily add spell points to GS items. Pick your favorite slot.
    not true, this mechanic was changes prior to the release of the expansion for this very reason..

On topic, end game if you need parasitic with reflex you did something wrong, make heal amp DT, 10 amp/20 amp/ greater elemental power (100 sp), and make this helm or bracer (your choice)
    http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delalle..._2_con&altar=3 will cover the majority of your sp needs and give you 35 hp, and protection 5/heavy fort...

a ton of ways to change that gear set for the better..
    Last edited by tanzer; 09-21-2012 at 02:11 PM.

Default Thanks for ideas

I thought that my salvation might lie in either the Dragontouched or Greensteel realms.
    I cling to my Parasitic BP mostly because it is the coolest looking light armor in game (imho). I really won't miss the +4 reflex much. Sadly Dragontouched light armor looks misshapen and made from the leftovers from all the other armors. I guess turbine gets me to spend TP on an armor kit.

I do have some greensteel ingredients stored up so the helm might be a great first stop.

Indeed the only way to utilize some draconic and magister twists is to have access to a spell point pool. Its even worse for twisting Fatesinger abilities due to the need to have a song pool. Having a SP item does give you the blue bar and ability to use those twists without an active "caster" destiny.

Thanks again.

I realize this is a rather "hot swap" place for you, but Bracers of the Glacier are pretty fabulous. It procs fire shield AND has Archmagi (and spell pen 8, but you don't care about that). The only problem is this is raid loot, so the chances of you seeing it anytime in the near future is unlikely. However, tharaak bracers are probably not doing a whole lot for you at the moment.

Another, and more palatable option, is to get and unsupress the archmagi ioun stone. Easiest way to do this is to farm Dreaming Dark.

Warwizard Necklace,from eveningstar commendations, also has greater elemental spellpower and protection +6.

Rakhirs Sash from Amarath has archmagi, but nothing else of note for a noncaster.

Last that i can think of is the level 20/tier 1 Ring of Master Artifice from cannith challenges. This should be fairly easy to craft, and has a ton of secondary bonuses... none of which help you in any way (assuming you're not a warforged) Woo!
    Last edited by Brennie; 09-21-2012 at 08:43 PM.

Yea, im a pure rogue myself, and i used the energy sheathe for a while because i made a con opp umd gs necklace and a permablur cloak so those gave me around 300sp, 45hp. Anyway, energy sheathe looks awesome and whatnot, but its not really that useful endgame against mobs unless something is hitting you with massive energy damage and you want to block it. Really fun in the arena though.
    XxMazexX the Rogue SneakATank, 27th Life, Completionist.