Community Member

Default Armor skin idea!

So, not 100% my idea... but I have an idea for the next set (or whatever the next set that the devs can work on and get released) of armor skins.

Shoulder Pet Armor skins!

Armor skins that have pets on their shoulders! Like, a Pseudodragon, or a cat, or a frog, or:

Quote Originally Posted by Aelonwy View Post
    a pirate style armor skin with a parrot attatched to the shoulder instead of a gigantic pauldron?
    How cool? I totally want this to be on the art departments list of ideas for the future.

Maybe, just maybe, a pet only armor skin (as in, just attach the pet to already worn armor).

I dunno. I love the idea.

And to the naysayers out there about cosmetics: Remember, Turbine can make money selling cosmetics, or gamebreaking raid timers/mana pots/etc. You decide.
    Last edited by countfitz; 09-20-2012 at 03:56 PM.

Ever since seeing Ratty on Captain Tew's shoulder, I've wondered why we don't have these...

/signed for the prospect of variety.

A good idea, but I'd be more inclined to make it maybe a bracer or necklace skin so it doesn't interfere with whatever armor skin I'm using to cover up the art department mess that is loot gen armor. Loads of other equipment slots to use for skins or effects like this.
    Kaarloe - Degenerate Matter - Argonnessen

/signed
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

/signed!

This is great idea. On that note this is how they could do familiars for wizards/sorcerers except free for them with appropriate bonuses (PnP standard familiars didn't do much in the combat scene really). I'd still like to see cosmetic ones, and bonus if made to work with druids in form too!

I'd like one raven please.
    Khyber: Runforr 13/6/1 Rog/Ftr/Mnk, Bakup 3/3/1 Mnk/Pal/Rog (TR Pal), Faylah 14 Mnk (TR Mnk), Janthyra 12/7/1 Brb/Rog/Ftr, Ainbthech 20 Sor, Fliethas 18/2 Fvs/Mnk, Unfilled 12/6/2 Mnk/Rgr/Ftr, Arcanemark 10 Wiz "Don't eat us dragon! We're like you, but smaller. And fly worse." - Kobold Crewman on the Heart of Wind

1. Make more armor skins of all types.
    2. Make them bind to character, NOT ARMOR.
    (So if you pull a new shiney, you keep your chosen skin.)

/Signed

EDIT: Sell DYES. Allow me to make my armor/shield/helm/robe/etc the color I want.
    <-Curelite Bottling Company->

Quote Originally Posted by Chilldude
    Dude, did you see they way that guy just pressed button 1? It was amazing! A display of skill unseen since the 1984 World Games where in the men's room, between events, a man washed his hands with such unbridled majesty that people were claiming the faucet he used was OP.

/signed
    Good idea overall

/signed to help get to familiars