Default Some Cannith crafting questions

1) Bind & Attune Item (and other Eldritch Ritual)

What happens when you deconstruct an attuned item to get a blank item :
    Does the item stay attuned or not ? (same questions for other ritual like Force Critical Ritual )

To bind and attune an item, cost depend of the Minimum Level
    Can you add shards to an attuned item ?
    If yes, it would be cheaper to bind and attune it first (low ML), then adding the shards (and increasing the ML)

2) Absolute minimul Level
    Why when you use Dust of Disjunction on an item, the absolute minimum level stay ?

3) Trinket craftable
    I haven't found yet a trinket that i can craft. does it exists or all trinkets are "named" items ?

Number 1 I can't help with as I've never tried.

Number 2 though. The absolute minimum level (AML) is retained because that is exactly what AML means: The AML that the item can ever be. The items with an AML are "epic" level items from FR that have better base stat then "normal" items, i.e. increased base AC or increased base damage.

Number 3: Disjunc a Shard of Power (from the fisrt parts of The Shroud) and it will become a craftable trinket. Other than that, there is only the craftable trinket from the store AFAIK.

Community Member

"1) Bind & Attune Item (and other Eldritch Ritual)

Does the item stay attuned or not ? (same questions for other ritual like Force Critical Ritual )

If yes, it would be cheaper to bind and attune it first (low ML), then adding the shards (and increasing the ML)

Why when you use Dust of Disjunction on an item, the absolute minimum level stay ?

3) Trinket craftable
    I haven't found yet a trinket that i can craft. does it exists or all trinkets are "named" items ? "

#1 - I must say, I don't know about this one.

#2 - It stays because, for instance, a piece of armor that has an Absolute Minimum Level of 16 has better base stats (AC, MDB, etc) than an armor that has no Absolute Minimum Level. This is, presumably, to prevent those items with the better base stats from being used by level 1 characters.

#3 - There are craftable trinkets available for purchase in the DDO store. Other than that, the only ones that I have found/can think of are (I think) Great Shards of Power from The Shroud.

I should clarify that only Shards of Power will work, neither a Shard of Great Power nor a Shard of Supreme Power can be made into a trinket

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Enguebert View Post
    3) Trinket craftable
    I haven't found yet a trinket that i can craft. does it exists or all trinkets are "named" items ?
    As others have stated, you can disjunct a Shard of Power from Shroud. The DDO Store craftable trinket can be found in chests, like most DDO store items, but it's a very rare drop. They can also be found from Winter Festival coin turn ins.

Not only is the craftable trinket a rare chest drop, the one I was past by a guildie (and I suspect they are all) are BTC so you won't find them in the AH.

Thanks for the replies

So craftable trinket is out of my reach for now.

For the #1, i will then do some tests on cheap items

Community Member

1) Bind & Attune Item (and other Eldritch Ritual)

3) Trinket craftable
    1) dunno

2) already explained

3) it can drop in every Chest but its easy to get in the Tangleroot Chain.
    it drops there often in Chests and its in the Endreward list of the Chain.

1) Bind & Attune Item (and other Eldritch Ritual)What happens when you deconstruct an attuned item to get a blank item : Does the item stay attuned or not ? (same questions for other ritual like Force Critical Ritual )
    The item will retain the Bound and Attuned attribute, but any other Eldritch Rituals, such as Force Damage, will be lost.

To bind and attune an item, cost depend of the Minimum Level. Can you add shards to an attuned item ? If yes, it would be cheaper to bind and attune it first (low ML), then adding the shards (and increasing the ML)
    In the past I had done the Bound and Attuned ritual on low level items before disjunction so as to use fewer Khyber Dragonshard fragments. You can add the crafting shards to the Bound and Attuned items. Now, it seems like the Stone of Change is a little bugged, so it is using 400 dragonshard fragments no matter what the minimum level.

2) Absolute minimum Level. Why when you use Dust of Disjunction on an item, the absolute minimum level stay ?
    For a disjuncted item, the absolute minimum level is going to depend on the level of the shards that you put on. It may be that the old absolute minimum level is briefly still displayed after disjunction, but it is going to change as soon as you start applying shards.

3) Trinket craftable. I haven't found yet a trinket that i can craft. does it exists or all trinkets are "named" items ?
    The only one I have encountered is a Shard of Power from the Shroud that I disjuncted. That is a bound item, so no one can sell it to you. It might be possible to pick one up from the Pawn Brokers, if someone decides to sell an extra one. They can't be put on the Auction House. Cratable trinkets are supposed to drop in chests occasionally, but I have yet to meet anyone who has pulled one. You might have to break down and spend some TP on this one.
    Snarly Dwarf Chick With A Great Axe

The Ice Festival is where to get the trinkets. Last time it was running, I got so many of those stinking things I was tossing them as soon as I got them.

I have found 4-5 in chests. Rare, but attainable.
    Completionist Lighthardtt Tuisian of Sarlona
    leader, Bridge Burners

"Just another day in pair-o'-dice"

Trinkets, all confirmed from personal experience:

BTC from random chest drops (very rare)
    BTC from risia winter festival turn-in (super easy, so turn in on each alt until they get their's)
    BTC shard of power disjunction (not great or supreme, just regular shards)
    BTA store purchase

The store one is like 125 TP or so. Being BTA, it's a worthy investment to buy exactly one so that you can use a craftable trinket on any new alts you roll up.

NOTE: Any craftable trinket, regardless of where you get it, be sure to disjunct it first before you craft on it even if it already says craftable. Some of them aren't really craftable yet and won't let you attach any shard except potential. Meaning if you wanted to put +10 worth of enchantments on it, you'll be allowed to run that potential up to +10 but then won't be able to put any shard on it and have to disjunct to start over. Better safe than sorry, dusts of disjunction are cheap.