Community Member

Default 2Handed damg enhancement, does it affect D-axe or B-sword

So since the 2Handed fighting feats affect glancing blows on the D-axe and B-sword does the Horc racial enhancements for extra damage with 2 handed weapons do anything for D-axe/B-sword?

Community Member

I do not know for that but have in mind that these weapons apply glancing blows only when fighting in sword and board style.

Community Member

I am almost 100% certain they don' t.
    Ghallanda Server - Razaghan [Melee FvS 12 / Ranger 6 / Mnk 2] - Ignicia [Sorc 18 / Pal 2]

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

I can't say for certain, but based on the wiki entry on Glancing Blows, I would guess anything which boosts the proc chance for special effects (inc. HO/WF GWA enhs) will affect b.swords/d.axes too (while single-wielded). I'd like to see someone run some tests, though; even if that's how it's supposed to work, doesn't mean it's WAI in-game.

Quote Originally Posted by Illiamfryn View Post
    I do not know for that but have in mind that these weapons apply glancing blows only when fighting in sword and board style.
    I seem to recall getting glancing blows in Let Sleeping Dust Lie on my stalwart - all I had were either bastard swords or two-handers, and they were *all* producing glancing blows, even when I didn't want them to. I even put away the shield, swung a bastard sword one-handed, with an empty off hand, and was getting glancing blows.

Not that this answers the OP's question, sorry for that.

Regards,
    Horkster
    Stavandal - Guild Leader of 'The Silver Legion' of Cannith, a part of Guild Medieval

Community Member

I think that they do not produce glancing blows when dual-wielded. When used as the only weapon: S&B or free off-hand they do produce glancing blows.

Community Member

I should have been a bit more specific. Horc has a enhancement that lets 2 handed weapons do an extra +2/+4 damage per swing I beleive. I was wandering mostly if anyone knew if this one also affected D-axe/B-sword. Although it would be nice to know about the glancing hits enhancement as well.

1/2 orc two handed fighting dmg enhancement probably will not work since bastard swords and dearven axes are still technically one handed weapons. though on the other hand becaause they proc glancing blows the glancing blow enhancements should apply to them.

just my 2copper pieces
    Former leader of The Dragon Order of Arcanix. currently retired from DDO but making a come back in the nigh future. Mechinized of Kyber

Build Constructionist unbongwah's Avatar

Sorry, might've gotten my wires crossed earlier:

• The HO Melee Damage enhs only affect 2H weapons; IIRC, when you add it to your enhs, it lists the 2H weapons individually.
    • The HO Power Atk & Great Weapon Aptitude enhs should affect b.swords & d.axes.

My understanding is that any effect that targets two handed weapons is *supposed* to effect bastard swords and dwarven axes as long as they are the only weapon held. I *think* that means that nothing else is held. No shield or anything.

However, I do not believe this effect is working as intended. It would be nice to get some input from the PtB how it is intended to work.
    Bogenbroom's DDO Wishlist.......Tolero's guide to actionable feedback
    Bogenbroom's legion... 83 characters, 3 accounts, and 1 irate wife.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by unbongwah View Post
    Sorry, might've gotten my wires crossed earlier:

• The HO Melee Damage enhs only affect 2H weapons; IIRC, when you add it to your enhs, it lists the 2H weapons individually.
    • The HO Power Atk & Great Weapon Aptitude enhs should affect b.swords & d.axes.
    Sounds about right.

When in doubt roll one out