Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Ah, got me there on the AC issue. But you are right about AC. My high AC only procs a miss maybe 2-3% of the time in epic elite. Almost negligible. So I will be making a switch to twilight in new build.

Force has its uses to boost, but it should definitely not be main-pumped unless you have the ap for it. For me, I have just enough in cold/acid(7/1/1) and 1 left over for force dmg.
    You only have enough ap to main pump 1 thing. So, I felt full force (disintegrate, blunt meteor, force missles, chain missles, arcane initiate force missles) would be the best for wizards. I don't really want a half powered acid (BDB) or cold (Niac's, polar ray) I think an Epic Elemental essence ring can cover that enough...

You don't need Greater Arcane Lore, you'll have plenty lore slots to go around. The shield you can swap when you need the blocking dr(though in ehard this isn't a factor and ~10 dmg off 100+ dmg swipes in eelite are nothing to be standing around for.)
    Arcane lore all round lore in 1 go. I need. And for disintegrate crit. I don't want to spend item stats on each lore focus. Focus dmg will be force and negative. Not trying to build my wizard like a sorc.

Blocking L&D makes EE dmg around 60. It's a nice reduction. But I have moved past the shield.

My 34 pt human wiz has 18 int, 16 con, 14 cha, 10 str, dex/wis 8. I'll have UMD at 39 once I get the dang Flameward shard: 11 base, 4 gh, 6 cha skills gs, 1 spider mask, 5 epic skill feats, 5 epic flameward, 7 cha bonus(14base+2tome+7eflameward+1exc eflameward). You don't need the UMD on Cove trinket, the spot/search is nice but superfluous, and you only lose the slots. Epic slots are fine to lose, there are plenty where those come from for the gear options left. Flameward is a swap, but you need to swap to scrolls anyway so that doesn't change anything. I'm down 25 hp to boost my base cha but gain my trinket slot, which lets me put in Litany, and due to all those extra stats I can work that into my build to gain a few build points.
    Flame ward is nice for Umd as a swap, yep. And spy glass has been removed for planar focus. You will lose slots and TR is the main thing, but TR is replaceable and not necessary.

With the weapon slots you can gain +3 dc boosts, spell pen 9, mastery 1 or 2(-2 or -4 sp cost from maximized spell. Which also comes with Superior Lore), or plain superior lore.
    You're talking about a random gen necro mastery?

Actually, let me break it down:

This is what PM wizards want:
    2x 90-120 spell power items
    2x lore of those elements
    90+ nullification item
    spell implement item
    max or close to max int
    max or close to max spell pen
    +2/3 dc items for necro and either enchant, conjuration, or more
    heavy fort
    toughness
    gfl
    6+ con item
    hp gs
    sp gs

A few other things, but that's the main dish.

2x 90-120 spell power items (2x 1 handers/lob caster stick)
    2x lore of those elements (2x 1 handers/lob caster stick)
    90+ nullification item (holy symbol, lob caster stick
    spell implement item (addy dragon cloak, post u14 caster sticks)
    max or close to max int (litany+ins 3 item+8 int item)
    max or close to max spell pen (lesser/arcane augmentation 9, greater spell pen 9-+6 caster sticks/lob caster sticks, lesser is on mabar robes but since trinket is taken by litany that falls to spidersilk for +3 ins int, so no go. Hence, weapon slots)
    +2/3 dc items for necro and either enchant, conjuration, or more (addy dragon cloak, spectacles, +6 caster random gen, other)
    heavy fort (eDarkstorm helm, ebelt of mroranon)
    toughness (spidersilk, ebelt of the moraranon)
    gfl (ebelt of the mroranon, ebracers of demon consort, ebelt buckle)
    6+ con item (pdk helm, ebelt buckle, etorc)
    hp gs (i have conop hp)
    sp gs (i have pos3 +6cha skills sp)
    torc
    bracers
    I don't feel addy cloak and litany are worth their value. You also don't need to keep a static random gen elemental / mastery stick on you... If you want both some times, just swap an item set. I.E. Glaciation / Cold mastery x Corrosion / Acid mastery - item set. I guess when you're dotting you bring it out? Otherwise, keep a static set?

To be honest, for eelite, we're probably hanging onto Torc/Lion-headed Belt buckle to strongly. Can't handle that type of fire power just standing around. Probably Bracers aren't really good anymore too.
    I'd always keep torc on. Lion belt I don't ever think is needed.

eBelt of the Mroranon would allow gfl/heavy fort and more str so we don't become encumbered/cursed to helplessness. But if Bracers are off the table, Claw Bracers would be great too.
    Agreed, bracers of claw would be nice if you didn't need demon's consorts. I don't feel e Mroranon belt is worth the belt slot. Heavy fort may be put elsewhere in a epic augment slot. If you need str, slot a colorless +6 str.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 09-18-2012 at 09:44 PM.

New build Re-bump

After taking into suggestions, here's a new build. Please check out.

Item Build Summary *Not complete and Changes may occur*
    Head: Helm: Supreme Tyrant Helm of Vaccuum
    Goggles: Epic Spirit Sights
    Neck: Epic Torc of Raiyum
    Trinket: Planar Focus Erudition +3 insight - Planar Conflux
    Cloak: Mabar's Epic Night Cloak
    Armor: Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadows
    Belt: Supreme Tyrant Belt of Balance of Earth and Sky
    Boots: Kundarak Delving boots or Epic Rock boots
    Gloves: Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition
    Bracers: Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort
    2-hand Weapon: Twilight Staff - Planar Conflux
    Ring1: Static Ring - +8 Int random gen ring (recommended) or +7 seal ring (not recommended)
    Ring2: Epic Ring of Elemental Essence / other swappable rings.

Changes
    1. Focus around Adding Mabar Night Robe and Night Cloak.
    2. Replaced Spyglass for Planar focus Erudite.
    3. Use Twilight staff and Erudite planar conflux to cover for Spell Pen 9 and SP loss from lack of spider silk.
    4. Static ring now a +8 int rand gen to cover for +8 int loss of spider silk robe.
    5. Once again, the GS here are what I feel are efficient wizard GS slots (as in lacking these slots do not hurt the wizard build too much. Due to lack of proper wizard items in those slots.) The stats on the GS items can vary depending on person.

Please feel free to suggest alternative (better) GS spots if possible and what it can add to the build. Or, if you can find a value in replacing the Epic spirit sight goggles.

If you make an item change suggestion, please try and list out what is lost and what is gained by the suggestion.

THANKS

To discuss gear you might wanna list your build and stats with your planned gear on, so people can check your hp, dc and saves etc. Also you might wanna show which epic slot you're using for what kind of properties.

Some quick thoughts after skimming through your posts:

Ugh now where's you're heavy fort slot? I don't see a blue slot item in the latest gear set.

Missing +2 insight con and +8 con item and it's 50 hp difference, one epic toughness feat away.

Missing litany possibly -1 dc and another -25hp; missing greater conjour focus -2 web dc and your web is 3 dc behind. If you don't have enough spell pen and necro/enchant dc you're likely to have a harder time in EE drow quests.

+3 resistance instead of +5 and missing good luck+2, you have -4 saves overall. Auto symbol of pain upon entering quest.

With that amazing staff on you have +80 spell power all around. Epic elemental rings give +10 more, which gives less than 5% damage output.... is it worth a ring slot?

Bracers of the Demon Consort... on epic hard things will die before it procs; on elite you will die before it procs if you're waiting for the proc (same goes with that vacuum helm). Perhaps the claw bracers (+2con, heavy fort) or villager bracers (+2con +4 insight saves) worth considering?

Another issue is it feels strange to me you can only afford one damage line. I can easily take 2 7/1/1 lines or even 3 if sacrificing some other enhancements slightly.
    Last edited by loren9109; 09-18-2012 at 10:35 PM.

The first thing to note is that if you are only running Epic Hard, you don't really need to change much, because it's a ****ing joke. If you're running Epic Elite much, then you really should be focusing more heavily on your spell pen, Enchant, Necro, Evocation and Conjuration DCs, and can forget about AC. DR is passable there, but hardly enough to keep you alive--if my paladin gets hammered with significant AC (150+), PRR (150+) and blocking DR of somewhere around 25 or 30, a wizard slapping on a shield isn't going to do themselves much good in EE, though it certainly isn't useless. Point is, you can simply swap to a (better) shield when the need arises without having to focus so heavily on using the thing. Higher ML shields have higher blocking DR, and some can come with DR 4/- or 5/- I think. Just keep checking the AH, or hit your server's Marketplace forum.
    Quote Originally Posted by DynaTheCat View Post
    A lot of items have Spell Pen, what I'm saying is what do you lose from using one item and what do you gain?

If I equip staff of the necromancer, I lose both ornamented dagger and L&D shield. Where if I simply upgrade my torc, an item I plan to keep anyways, I can cover the spell pen.
    Staff of the Necromancer gives you some pretty significant bonuses, not the least of which is +1 on Necro DCs. As pointed out by others, the Ornamental's Arcane Lore is pretty crummy compared with Greater Arcane Lore (forgot the Dagger doesn't have greater, and my wizard is using a combo of the Dagger and an Epic Greenblade still, until I can swap some gear around). The spell pen on Wail and Mass Hold is pretty important. As for what you lose...if you really don't want to use one of the excellent weapons that has Spell Pen IX on it, you could use the Magewright's Spectacles in place of the Spirit Sights, and get your Greater Focuses elsewhere. That's where the Adamantine Cloak of the Dragon comes in--it frees up your goggles, and gives you the fairly important boosts to your Evocation and Conjuration DCs at the same time.
    Agreed, Spell pen 8 isn't Spell pen 9. But I'm not looking to swap things and lose a lot more useful stats for 1 more dc or up my spell pen.
    You're a wizard; there really isn't ANYTHING more important or useful than your DCs and Spell Pen. If your spells aren't landing, you're just bleeding SP.

Ah, k, maybe. But In all honesty.... A most of the other stats from Adamantine dragon are redundant or useless.
    Only if you refuse to allow the cloak to replace other items it would make redundant.
    Adamantine dragon vs. P Cloak

Gain
    Spellcasting Implement +18 [stacks?] Not with another weapon's Implement bonus, but it means that you don't have to worry about getting a high plus on random lootgen items that are otherwise worthwhile. If you find a +2 or +3 Thaumaturgy staff of awesomeness, you can use that and still get a solid +6 Implement bonus.
    Stealth Strike I rate this as a blessing and a curse, as I often want aggro, but in those situations, I often don't care about my DCs, so this can be swapped out then. The rest of the time, this is probably a plus.
    Spell Focus Mastery +2 [replace +2 necro +2 enchant] And enhancements Evocation and Conjuration, which are still fairly important, especially since EVERYTHING seems to have Evasion on EE, and a lot of stuff on EH has as well (plus foes like the Abbot). Plus, if you're using Disintegrate, this gives you +2 to that DC as well (and Flesh to Stone, if you find a use for it these days).

Redundant
    Potency +76 [Potency +72, spidersilk redundant] If you keep the Spidersilk, yes. If not, then no. But really, having ONE redundant stat is hardly a reason to give something a negative mark. Look at how many fighters and barbarians are wearing Epic Claw Gloves and a ToD ring with +6 Str on it. The important thing is what you're gaining, not what you're replicating. Besides, replicated bonuses gives you more flexibility when swapping gear for specific situations.

Lose
    Enhanced Hide +5 (useless)
    Enhanced Move Silently +5 (useless)
    Spell Resistance (30) (usless)
    Greater Light Resistance (useful at times) See my comments on the Shroud of the Abbot
    Spell Absorption (5 Charges, Recharged/Day: 1) (useless for PM)
    Blurry (useless) If spending 15 SP for 25 minutes' worth of Blur is too much of a hardship for you, I think you have some other things to worry about.
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot

Overall, may be a good choice. But in all honesty, I'd probably swap for mabar's night cloak.

Invisibility Guard, Ghostly, Deathblock, Nightmare Guard, Dodge Bonus +2, DR 5/Good
    Invisibility Guard is going to be about equivalent to Stealth Strike, sometimes better, sometimes worse, but most of the times it would be better, you could just cast, wand or scroll Invisibility. You don't need Deathblock as a PM, Nightmare Guard is okay, the Dodge is okay, but not amazing, and the DR is nice. I still wouldn't wear this thing full time. Dodge 2%, Ghostly and DR 5 aren't all that compelling on a character that can insta-kill, mass CC, and otherwise use mobility to stay out of reach while still doing their job. On a melee, who has to be toe-to-toe with whatever they're fighting, sure, but on a wizard? Eh. Yes, sometimes this will be quite good, but that's what swapping is for.

Also note, you can cast Stoneskin for DR 10, which, if you're caring about DR that much, works out better for you when you need it.
    Well, I don't have shield mastery and shield proficiency. I considered it with the extra feat you get for going pale (no need for mental toughness feat). But, you're right, they are not worth the 2 feat slots. I simply use Master's touch to get shield proficiency.

The major thing with epic L&D shield is not only the DR 5/epic (not good) its the DR 11 for blocking and armor bonus 12.

I am 25... and at lvl miss is about 20% with 48 ac along with displacement 50% and ss. I'm pretty tanky. Even in EEs. You should try L&D shield block. It's pretty nice damage reduction. Things just hit you for a lot less damage, if any dmg at all.
    That AC is not doing anything for you in EE I suspect. The new system does a pretty good job of bridging the gap between the low AC folks and the high AC folks, but when EE monsters are hitting 150 AC fairly regularly, I can't see your 45 doing much good. And there are better shields for blocking DR than L&D if that's what you want it for. And again, you don't need to carry the shield around all the time if you want to be blocking with it. Swap when needed.
    About fortification, yeah, I know Yugos reduces your fort to 50% and a lot of mobs especially in CITW/MOTU sunder armor etc.

But, does fortification stack that way? So, let's say you're undead form 100% fort and you have 100% fort item. When you drink a Yugo pot, how does the -50% fort work?

I think you need any exceptional fortification item to overcome the neg from Yugo / reduce fort. You can't overcome it by having a 2nd 100% fort item, right? Maybe an Omniscience ring?
    As others have pointed out already, you get 200% Fort when wearing Heavy Fort and in undead form. Being undead provides a special layer of Fortification that stacks with normal Fort. You can add exceptional to that I believe, but it's overkill.
    True on the bucaneer, I may get rid of it, but will need another blue slot for ASF reduce to keep L&D shield. And.. I really don't want to lose L&D. It's just that nice a shield for survival.
    If you're desperate, you could swap in any other item with a blue slot in a spot that is less important (you have 3 GS items...get rid of one), or craft up a swap item with Lesser Arcane Casting Dexterity or whatever.
    Yeah, but... love L&D. I'd say if you're 1 hand go L&D & something else. If you're 2 hand (twilight staff?), swap out bucaneer for something else.
    I'd probably use the Staff of the Necromancer as my primary weapon, and Twilight as a swap when using Enchantments and such in tough content. But there are certainly several options.
    I do have insightful reflex and will splash 2 monk for +3 all saves, evasion, armor bonus, and deflect arrow.
    And you aren't doing everything you can to maximize your spell pen?
    Good luck is simply nice for UMD ya. It's not important.
    It's nice for saves, too, but hardly a necessity most of the time. And when you want to use UMD, you can swap gear to make it happen.
    Yeah, I know +3 doesn't stack with +2 and only +1 stacks (get from colorless slot). What I meant was.... Planar Focus +3 insight / Spider Silk +8 int and vise versa. The focus would replace Litany or SpyGlass.

If you want all 3, you need a random gen +8 int item, a +3 spider silk, and litany.

But, once again, how much do you sacrifice for that 1 extra int? A random gen loot +8 int item worth it?
    Yes. And if you're concerned with your other stats, Litany is also giving you bonuses everywhere else.
    I'd rather just go with Planar focus / Spider Silk. At least the Planar Subterfuge gives you non redundant abilities (ts, dodge).

Planar Erudition would give redundant abilities, so, I didn't suggest.
    Gaining redundant bonuses isn't a reason to discount something, unless it isn't giving you anything worthwhile. I'll point out that gaining True Seeing IS redundant, since you can cast the spell or use scrolls. Not sure what your hang-up is with slotting effects that you can easily cover with your own spells, but it really doesn't make for very strong itemization.
    The quirky thing about spyglass is that the UMD is +3 enhancement bonus at T3 and stacks with the +3 competance bonus from bunny hat "nothing up my sleeve" (which yeah I do use together for a total of +6).
    Again, swap it in when you need it. You don't need it all the time.
    Albeit,you're right that UMD is not as important if you're pale or WF Arch. But if you're not WF Arch, then you may need it for heals.
    Which would be a different thread, and entirely different gear choices.
    GS I will leave up in the air, because usefulness is really dependent. I got what I felt were the best GS skills and my goal was full 1-3 CHA, high balance (2-3 DEX & earth/sky), and full Tier 1-3 HP/SP bonus.
    What are you getting out of Earth and Sky?

You could get +5 to Cha skills, +5 to Dex skills, +45 HP, +150 SP and Conc-Opp using only 2 GS items. There's absolutely no reason to bother with a 3rd item.
    Head: Epic Dark Storm - I just.. hate it cuz.... there's no point. You're getting a 90 to null and superior void lore.... But that's all it's doing for you. I'm fine with 72 potency and arcane lore. For a slot, your'e sacrificing too must potential stats for a 18 point boost (The lore may be nicer but... not worth it to me) If you have an EE ring, then the 90 lightning is redundant. Lightning lore maybe good for eldars, but that's it. Arcane lore also affects eldars.
    Superior Lore is a big step up from Greater Arcane Lore. I agree that this is a fairly poor item, if you are using other, better gear, but your plan isn't doing that, which makes this a pretty strong contender for your helm spot.
    Also, wizards should be full force.... We don't get the elemental enhance that sorcs get, and we only have enough action points for 1 full damage line. Force increases Disintegrate damage and arcane lore is the only lore that crits disintegrate. Wizard force lore enhancement line also crits disintegrate, when both crit, my disintegrate does 3.5k untyped dmg.
    You have enough AP to go 7/1/1 in two elemental lines, and Disintegrate is a pretty poor spell for anything but undead and constructs. Otherwise, you're better off using Acid, Cold or Electric spells most of the time. I don't like Acid as a PM, since your lvl 4 slots are so tight, and I value Ice Storm over Acid Rain even though it does less damage, because it will hurt everything, if even only a bit. You could certainly swap those two, though. Cold gives you Ice Storm, Niac's, Otiluke's and Polar Ray, and there are very few things in the game we fight that are immune to cold, or resistant enough to make Niac's a poor choice, let alone Otiluke's and Polar Ray. On the electric side, your options aren't as strong, but Eladar's and Chain Lightning are worthwhile against most non-demon creatures we fight.

Force is useful, as it boosts Ice Storm, Chain Missiles, Disintegrate, Horrid Wilting, and Meteor Swarm, but those are mostly less powerful than your other options. Chain Missiles is going to be weaker than Otiluke's much of the time, Disintegrate is usually weaker than Necrotic Ray and Polar Ray, and Meteor Swarm is often not giving you any fire damage at end game due to immunities and resistances, making it pretty poor.
    Partially why I still hold an ornamented dagger. The arcane lore on it and the maximize sp reduce. Also, The additional yellow epic slot. Otherwise, I agree, the dagger is underpowered atm. But, I then need another 1-hand arcane lore as it's the all around lore cover for my build.

Maybe a Skiver would be nice, but I'd lose the yellow slot and Maximize -4sp for the greater arcane lore and empoer -2sp.
    You could ditch one of your 3 GS items and equip the Gloves of the Glacier if you're so concerned with this for your Maximize -4 SP (and get a discount on Extend as well, and you'd probably be better off.
    Albeit, I admit EE you can't disintegrate things, but that's why your necro focused to instantly kill them.
    I get the sense that you either don't play EE much, or have only run the easiest epics on EE, as my wizard's DCs are a bit higher than yours, and her spell pen is quite a bit higher, and I struggle in a lot of quests to insta-kill a lot of stuff on the first try in EE. Elochka needs a little more gear, but she's a few steps ahead of your caster, which makes statements like this sound rather odd.

Trinket: Litany - Sacrificing too much for this +1 boon....
    I can't think of anything else as valuable as +1 to all your DCs, +1 to all your saves, +1 to all your skills, +25 HP, and extra carrying capacity (and a greater buffer against stat damage rendering you burdened or helpless).
    Belt: Epic Lion headed Belt - I don't get this.... why would this be better than my GS balance belt?
    Because when stuff hits you, and gets Shaken, it effectively gives you +2 to your DCs. Plus, it gives you +4/+6 Str and covers your Con if you epic it, and aren't looking at other Con items.
    Googles: Goggles: GS Conc-Opp, or Magewright's if you aren't using a weapon set with Spell Pen IX on them.

You definitely need a Conc-opp item as a final gear. So, the spell pen from your build would be from Necro staff?
    My point was that you could move your GS to the goggles slot to free up other space, OR leave Conc-Opp somewhere else and wear the Magewrights. For my caster, I'm planning on using Staff of the Necro for Spell Pen most of the time, but if I can get my dream random lootgen nuking staff, I'd replace my Epic Ring of Elemental Essence with my Epic Shaman's Band for Spell Pen IX when in nuking mode.
    Ring 1: +8 Int random lootgen I can't stand that.... Also, where is your +3 int insight item? Wasn't the point of going +8 loot gen to get the: +8 in +3 insight + 1 proface; int streak?

Ring 2: Tod ring is weak if you don't get set. Maybe a replacement if you get archmage belt and set bonus?
    My plan is to get a Spidersilk w/ +3 Int for when I want my max DC, or don't care about Boon of Undeath, and to swap to the Shroud of the Abbot and a ToD ring w/ +2 Int when I want Boon.

In all honesty, if I want to get undeath boon armor, I'd go mabar's night (epic robe of shadow) armor for that undeath instead. That would cover your superior void lore needs (no more Dark storm helm), and gives you superior false life (Abbot does not).
    I'd forgotten the Staff of the Necro doesn't have Lore on it. It becomes a toss up between the two Boon robes, but I have both, and both serve purposes in different situations.
    Shroud of the Abbot vs. Spidersilk robes

Gain
    Armor Bonus +4 (Spider Silk gives +9) Pointless
    Natural Armor Bonus +4 (good) Pointless
    Boon of Undeath (good, shroud core stat) Excellent

Redundant
    Major Void Lore (redundant from darkstorm) Assumes you are wearing Darkstorm, which you may not be.
    Greater Light Resistance (useless unless pvp) Plenty of casters in epic content love to use Divine Punishment, which can really hurt when stacked, and plenty of casters use Searing Light and Sunburst from level 14 to cap. Hardly useless.
    Major Lightning Lore (redundant from dark storm) See above.
    Lesser Arcane Augmentation IX (Redundant from your staff of necromancer, but that would be a nice unique ability in my build) Remains when you swap weapons, which is good.

Comparison for Build (spider silk +8int or +3 int insight)
    +8 int (can replace your random gen loot ring) Not worth it.
    +3 insight bonus (necessary if you were looking into the random loot get+8) Yes.
    Armor Bonus +9 (shroud only +4) Pointless.
    Potency +72 (adamantine dragon covered) Agreed.
    Wizardry IX (I don't think you have... a wizardry? correct me if I'm wrong) Wizardry doesn't stack with Archmagi, which is on the EE ring. This is better by 50 SP.
    Resistance Save +6 (I don't think you have a resistance item) At present, I have an Epic Envenomed Cloak for +5. A yellow/green slot could get +4 Resist, or you could cast Nightshield for +3. +6 is good, though.
    Concentration +15 (You used epic lion's belt for concentration?) Quicken.
    Toughness (Do not have) Can stick in a blue slot if desired, but it's really not necessary. You can easily get well over 600 HP without it.

There's a lot of redundancy for you to use shroud of abbot... The main gain that comes out of it is the boon of undeath.
    Boon of Undeath is THE reason to wear it. Getting healed for 1d4+5 every time you're hit equates to about 7 DR I believe, that stacks with everything.
    Weapon 2-h: Staff of the necromancer
    +6 Enhancement Bonus
    Spellcasting Implement +18 (adamantine redundant? not sure)
    Potency +68 (adamantine redundant)
    Nullification +102 (makes epic dark storm even more useless.... ) There are other helm slot options. I was merely pointing out that there were better options than what you were using.
    Spell Penetration IX (Your build's core spell pen) 2 more than you have for your level 9 spells.
    Lesser Arcane Augmentation IX (abbot shroud has but nice to have at least once, does it stack?) Doesn't stack, but means you can have LAA regardless of the robe you're wearing, or use the Shroud for LAA regardless of your weapon.
    Major Necromancy Focus (give 1 dc than dragon). To your most important DCs.
    Well, thanks for the chat. I've thought a lot about my build and have a lot more to think about. I may find someway to work epic robe of shadows (mabar) into my build for undeath boon. Might change my build to twilight staff / planar subterfuge and get planar conflux. Then again, if I use Mabar's the Conflux bonus from Erudite might be important....

I actually think Twilight and planar conflux might be worth scrapping L&D shield for... Hm...

At this time, I am palemaster Lich walking around with Exhalted Angel ED. My necro dc is 48 with standard buffs. It's enough for norm/hard. On Epic Elite, it works half the time. If I go magister, then yeah, I'm good.
    Just because you're using a Planar Focus doesn't mean you need to use Twilight, though the Element of Magic is a pretty nice item. You aren't tied to the set bonus. Magister would give you +3 to your DCs. If you are landing your spells 50% of the time, Magister gets you to 65%. A little more with the Necromancy debuff, but you can't rely on that. It's worth having DCs in the 50s.

Arcane Aug 9 is great for a shield and the +3 evocation.... I guess if you're an evo wizard.

So, your build is for an evocation wizard not worried about any necromancy. I can dig it, but you have a 2 rand gen loot that can be replaced for more efficient items....
    Wizards have several worthwhile Evocation spells that allow a save. Improving those is a good idea.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Maybe, It would be nice to get another +3 spell pen if it fits.

Mmm.. I have considered green blade before and it is a nice alt.

Would get that Spell Pen 9 in (Epic Green Blade) and a greater arcane. But would lose Maximize -4 sp. But -4 sp is not a big deal. Maybe a great alternative to skiver. Skiver simply adds -2 sp empower.

And, we would simply swap ornamented in each time we want to trigger the free maximize.

Recap 3-1hand alts
    Ornament Dagger: yellow slot, Maximize - 4sp, arcane lore
    Skiver: Greater Arcane Lore, Efficient Metamagic - Extend I (albeit wizards should not waste feat on extend in my opinion), Efficient Metamagic - Empower II - 2sp
    Epic Green Blade: Spell Pen 9, Greater arcane Lore

Ornamented dagger for maximize reduce and extra yellow slot or swap in for Free maximize, Skiver for Greater arcane and empower reduce, Green Blade for Spell pen if you need a +3 to lvl 9 spells. Cool.

Yap, maybe negative dmg increase and void is nice, so your build -15% asf is to the green slot... may be good alt to Bucaneer. I.. personally can't stand this helm.

I understand why this GS is nice for the min heavy fort, but... I cringe when there is not a nice proc from a dual affinity. But yeah, I leave GS to each their own.

So you have T2-3 hp from Cloak and T2-3 sp from Boots.

I feel as if you've sacrificed a valuable cloak spot for your GS cloak. You can't use P cloak (light resist, spell abs, blur, spell resistance), you can't use mabar cloak (ghostly, invis guard, nightmare guard, etc), and you can't use adamantine dragon (+2 spell mastery)

The boots slot GS may be a good option but you won't be able to get unique abilities like perma fom Kundarak boots or Epic Stone boots Slippery.

I still don't get it.... Wouldn't you rather have another nice GS? Also... a lot of colorless slots open in my build... can just socket if you want a con 6 or str 6. I personally would not take this belt.

I get that you want the +8 con, but is a ring slot worth those 2 extra con? If you get rid of the lion belt, you can get a GS balance belt like I did

I can see a greater enchantment ring as a swap if you don't have a focus item. Speaking of spell schools, where is your necromancy school focus? I can kinda tell you went evocation? Albeit... why? Because sorcs should definitely outclass us wizards in elemental damage?

I don't understand why you need ring of the mire . Did you want it for the Greater spear block? Albeit, any general dr is better than a spear block...I don't think it'd be worth a ring slot.

Circle of hate as a harm clickie, fine.

So your +8 Intel... went into a random gen goggles and your robes are the +3 insight. So your triad is Googles, robe, Litany.

I did consider alchemical shields as they have high blocking dr. It's nice to have the 90 stuff, but an EE ring can take care of most of your essences.

Arcane Aug 9 is great for a shield and the +3 evocation.... I guess if you're an evo wizard.

So, your build is for an evocation wizard not worried about any necromancy. I can dig it, but you have a 2 rand gen loot that can be replaced for more efficient items....
    Why would I be evocation specced you obviously skimmed my post and didnt read it. I have +3necro & +3 enchant spell pen 9 one handed weapons. Which leaves me open to wear alchemical heavy shield with +3 evo and arcane augmentation 9.
    Meaning I always have +3 necro and +3evo, +2 enchant or +3 enchant if I wish to switch weapons, along with+2 spell pen 9 +2 spell pen augmentation 9 always.
    Everything else is covered by at least +18 implement +90 spell power and 12% crit with oppertunity to switch weapons for 120s. My spell pen is one better then the amount from the staff of the necromancer spell pen 9 lesser augementation 9 with +1 more spell pen for level 8 and lower spells from epic torc.
    The ring of elemental essence costs you all those 12% crits the house p cloak is useless except for the light resistances which can be had on the pale rod and switched in when you have been dp dotted. con +4 is 50hps just from the con8 and exceptional con2 gloves, and if you would rather have a 1% proc like vacuum vs +2 dcs pretty much anytime something hits you from the shaken effect on lion headed belt buckle your playing a different game to me and shouldnt be a dc focused pale master. Im running around with just under 800hp with this setup and I still manage to die in EE so if your skimping on con and hp your better off just running EC and EN with EH when you want a challenge.
    Epic ring of the mire is for switching when I want to torc up and get back the most sp with the least incoming damage by putting on that ring and mabar robes while shield blocking with DP running I can handle about 10 archers without any shield mastery and my hp will still go positive from my death auras and the hp proc on the robes and consort bracers and dual conc op item and weapon.

I cant see anywhere im wasting space at all ive looked my gear over 100s of times and reconfigured it to suit current game state everytime there are massive changes to casters in ddo. Im getting the most hp possible from all sources leaving space to roll ones and account for lag and things going wrong, as much sustainable dc as is possible for a human pm wizard (55-56 necro dc without surge) 90-120 spell power to every spell that I could want to cast, maximum incoming healing from high spell power/crit chance auras. Maximum enchant dc without wasting feats on it (50-51 without surging). Multiple items for spell regen chance without requiring burst healing wasting the sp that your trying to get back plus numerous things like bauble, epic twisted talisman, normal twisted talisman and multiple sets of abbot gloves.
    Last edited by K_0tiC; 09-19-2012 at 12:52 AM.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

I still don't get it.... Wouldn't you rather have another nice GS? Also... a lot of colorless slots open in my build... can just socket if you want a con 6 or str 6. I personally would not take this belt.
    I'm really not sure what your goals are for this gear layout and caster, as you don't seem all that interested in really pushing your DCs or Spell Pen. This belt is a pseudo +2 to all your DCs if you can stand to get roughed-up a bit, and as a PM, you should be able to. That it also gives you +6 Str and Con in one slot, and has room for a +1 exceptional stat, or +6 to Dex or Cha (for Balance or UMD), and either GFL or +4 to saves (or Proof Against Poison/Disease) is just icing on the cake.

K_otic, I hadn't considered Fey Form as a twist, but that actually looks pretty nice. Dyna, that twist largely takes care of your DR, which frees you from having to look for an item to slot that, as I think it goes up to DR 7/cold iron.
    Useful links: A Guide to Using a Gamepad w/ DDO / All Caster Shroud, Hard Shroud, VoD, ToD Einhander, Elochka, Ferrumrym, Ferrumdermis, Ferrumshot, Ferrumblood, Ferrumender, Ferrumshadow, Ferrumschtik All proud officers of The Loreseekers. Except Bruucelee, he's a Sentinel!

Quote Originally Posted by sephiroth1084 View Post
    K_otic, I hadn't considered Fey Form as a twist, but that actually looks pretty nice. Dyna, that twist largely takes care of your DR, which frees you from having to look for an item to slot that, as I think it goes up to DR 7/cold iron.

Yea I run that when I know ill need 7dr and the spell power for bursts and things like EE dragon/EEDQ etc where im taking alot of punishment from reavers/queen. That and 10% from EA gets switched to +1int +1int when I go do party EE ill stick with the dr if im soloing EE.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Originally Posted by sephiroth1084: The first thing to note is that if you are only running Epic Hard, you don't really need to change much, because it's a ****ing joke. If you're running Epic Elite much, then you really should be focusing more heavily on your spell pen, Enchant, Necro, Evocation and Conjuration DCs, and can forget about AC. DR is passable there, but hardly enough to keep you alive--if my paladin gets hammered with significant AC (150+), PRR (150+) and blocking DR of somewhere around 25 or 30, a wizard slapping on a shield isn't going to do themselves much good in EE, though it certainly isn't useless. Point is, you can simply swap to a (better) shield when the need arises without having to focus so heavily on using the thing. Higher ML shields have higher blocking DR, and some can come with DR 4/- or 5/- I think. Just keep checking the AH, or hit your server's Marketplace forum.
    Agreed, epic hard and norm are really easy. And, I do swap from Exhalted to magister before I do an Epic elite for the extra spell pen and dc if it's a MOTU elite. Agreed as well about ease of **** EE's below motu.

Enchant - I like
    Necro - I like
    Evo & Conjuration - don't really like / need. Yeah, okay, web for some mobs, but... rarely; for me anyways.

Agreed AC is useless for wizard. Agreed that shield blocking DR on EE even with L&D shield is a lot weaker (but completely useless? Agreed).

Staff of the Necromancer gives you some pretty significant bonuses, not the least of which is +1 on Necro DCs. As pointed out by others, the Ornamental's Arcane Lore is pretty crummy compared with Greater Arcane Lore (forgot the Dagger doesn't have greater, and my wizard is using a combo of the Dagger and an Epic Greenblade still, until I can swap some gear around). The spell pen on Wail and Mass Hold is pretty important. As for what you lose...if you really don't want to use one of the excellent weapons that has Spell Pen IX on it, you could use the Magewright's Spectacles in place of the Spirit Sights, and get your Greater Focuses elsewhere. That's where the Adamantine Cloak of the Dragon comes in--it frees up your goggles, and gives you the fairly important boosts to your Evocation and Conjuration DCs at the same time.
    Staff is nifty, but I am now leaning towards twilight for needs. Agreed Ornamented dagger is not usuable as a static item anymore and is only good as a swap to trigger the "lesser maximize" charge.

Spell Pen 9 will be covered in new build by Planar conflux.

I really... don't like magewright Spell pen will be covered by conflux in new build. Other than the Spell Pen 9, I feel Magewright provide no additional benefits for an end game build.

New build has mabar's night cloak as main static cloak.

Mabar's night & spirit sight VS adamantine dragon cloak & magewright spec? I'd rather keep the Mabar's night abilities.

You're a wizard; there really isn't ANYTHING more important or useful than your DCs and Spell Pen. If your spells aren't landing, you're just bleeding SP.
    Agreed that DC and spell pen is important and new build will add Spell pen 9 but no +3 necro dc as it currently doesn't fit.

Also note, you can cast Stoneskin for DR 10, which, if you're caring about DR that much, works out better for you when you need it.
    Yep, i always have it on. So DR 5/epic, DR 7/coldiron (I do no use fey) is just icing on the cake. I know SS 10/ada overtakes them.

That AC is not doing anything for you in EE I suspect. The new system does a pretty good job of bridging the gap between the low AC folks and the high AC folks, but when EE monsters are hitting 150 AC fairly regularly, I can't see your 45 doing much good. And there are better shields for blocking DR than L&D if that's what you want it for. And again, you don't need to carry the shield around all the time if you want to be blocking with it. Swap when needed.
    Agreed. 1-hand and L&D shield taken out for Twilight staff.

As others have pointed out already, you get 200% Fort when wearing Heavy Fort and in undead form. Being undead provides a special layer of Fortification that stacks with normal Fort. You can add exceptional to that I believe, but it's overkill.
    Agreed. Will find a way to reword Heavy fort into new build. Maybe GS Min belt or Belt of mronan is now a viable option for fort. Will have check that.

If you're desperate, you could swap in any other item with a blue slot in a spot that is less important (you have 3 GS items...get rid of one), or craft up a swap item with Lesser Arcane Casting Dexterity or whatever.
    No longer needing L&D shield, will open a free blue slot in bucaneer for maybe a heavy fort. But once again agreed that Bucaneer can be replaced with something more impressive... will have to weigh value of heavy fort belt VS heavy fort aug in Bucaneer or alter heavy fort alternative.

And you aren't doing everything you can to maximize your spell pen? (reference to splashing 2 monk)
    In all honesty, with my pass life and my epic spell pen... I rarely get a blue barrier even in MOTU elites...

But your concern is legitimate, losing the wizard capstone's 1 dc and spell pen will lower my output, but with insightful reflex... the monk evasion, +3 all saves, and deflect arrow; I feel it will be a worthy trade. But, this is side tracking into builds. This is just my opinion.

It's nice for saves, too, but hardly a necessity most of the time. And when you want to use UMD, you can swap gear to make it happen.
    True... and Good luck +2 is very hard to get and unique... This makes me kinda want to keep Buccaneer ring and it will also provide a blue slot for a heavy fort in the new build.

[/quote] What are you getting out of Earth and Sky?[/quote]

You could get +5 to Cha skills, +5 to Dex skills, +45 HP, +150 SP and Conc-Opp using only 2 GS items. There's absolutely no reason to bother with a 3rd item. [/quote]

Earth and sky belt gives me a massive balance boost (Earth & sky 1 +10 balance).

The belt is my weakest GS and can be replaced if there is an appropriate alternative. The GS belt is built into my T1-T3 SP/hp and skill needs. When I was making my GS, I was planning out the ombination of dual affinity elements that would accomplish: Max Dex Skill (balance, tumble). Max Cha skill (UMD), T1-3 SP/HP, All 4 immunities (poison, disease, blindness, fear), Must have Conc Opp and must be dual affinities.

If you can check on a GS combination that accomplishes the above with 2 gs, would appreciate it.

If balance of earth and sky 1 is not important to you, maybe a different belt would work better (I.E. the lion buckle). Albeit, I don't believe shaken occurs often to many MOTU EE mobs?

Gaining redundant bonuses isn't a reason to discount something, unless it isn't giving you anything worthwhile. I'll point out that gaining True Seeing IS redundant, since you can cast the spell or use scrolls. Not sure what your hang-up is with slotting effects that you can easily cover with your own spells, but it really doesn't make for very strong itemization.
    Goal for final gear is to retain as many of the best wizard item skills possible and as little stat redundancy as possible. I will rewrite the build soon and list the goals of the build for all to double check.

TR is no longer part of the build and you are right that a simple scroll replaces.

Planar Subterfuge now changed to Planar Erudite for the Conflux bonus to add to the build.

You could ditch one of your 3 GS items and equip the Gloves of the Glacier if you're so concerned with this for your Maximize -4 SP (and get a discount on Extend as well, and you'd probably be better off.
    Lol, actually used glaciers glove and bracer before ornamented. Not worth it anymore yeah. Also, no more natural sp reduce in new build. A Sacrificed stat for better ones.

I get the sense that you either don't play EE much, or have only run the easiest epics on EE, as my wizard's DCs are a bit higher than yours, and her spell pen is quite a bit higher, and I struggle in a lot of quests to insta-kill a lot of stuff on the first try in EE. Elochka needs a little more gear, but she's a few steps ahead of your caster, which makes statements like this sound rather odd.
    I kill EE Motu fine. But this is side tracking and goes into EDs, stats, etc.

I can't think of anything else as valuable as +1 to all your DCs, +1 to all your saves, +1 to all your skills, +25 HP, and extra carrying capacity (and a greater buffer against stat damage rendering you burdened or helpless).
    I don't think Litany gives you instantly +1 dc... +1 (stats) ability profane.

Thanks for the review.

re-writing the new build in more detail soon. Please check.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 09-19-2012 at 05:34 PM.

I'm really not sure what your goals are for this gear layout and caster, as you don't seem all that interested in really pushing your DCs or Spell Pen. This belt is a pseudo +2 to all your DCs if you can stand to get roughed-up a bit, and as a PM, you should be able to. That it also gives you +6 Str and Con in one slot, and has room for a +1 exceptional stat, or +6 to Dex or Cha (for Balance or UMD), and either GFL or +4 to saves (or Proof Against Poison/Disease) is just icing on the cake.

Yeah, I will rewrite the new build up with overall stats and goals for it. I'm not getting into all playing elements with the wizard. Static buffs will be for Force and Neg. Weapon Swaps maybe a Glaciation/cold mastery 1 hand & corrosion / Acid mastery off-hand. And, that will take care of the people who want at the moment boost to Cold and Acid.

Please check out the new build.

I don't use fey form.... because I always have a SS on and yeah, I get that SS 10/ada over-rides most item DRs. So, feel it's a waste of a twist.

Using Exhalted Angel
    PVE twists : Sentinel 30% abs block (T3), +3 Necro DC (T2), Dragonic presence (T1, +3 PK dc)
    PVP twists : Sentinel 30% abs block (T3) (can swap siren song or rainbow if need), + 3 Transmutation DC (T2),
    Acid or Lightning Elemental Sheath (T1),

Fire shield (fire) (50% fire abs)
    Fire shield cold (50% cold abs)
    Fire storm boots (33% fire abs)
    Dijiin Summoning ring (33% lightning abs)
    Aspect of Earth GS Dagger - 10%, 15%, 20% acid absorb

My lightning abs is the weakest when I pvp. But my high reflex save (insightful), pretty much negates the dmg as most lightning spells have a reflex save except eldars.

Using Magister
    PVE: Sentinel 30% ABS block (T3), Dragonic Incar +3 Spell pen (T3), Dragonic Presence (T1)

18 fate pts (16 natural, 2 tome)

But this is all side track. Please review the new build and please let me know the proc rate / likely-hood of lion belt's shaken on EE MOTU mobs. I do not have lion belt as you can see.

Here's.. a screen shot long ago when I got done with all the EDs.... I can post a more recent one.

Um... I was semi pvping when I took the SS... LOL

Last edited by DynaTheCat; 09-19-2012 at 04:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by K_0tiC View Post
    Why would I be evocation specced you obviously skimmed my post and didnt read it. I have +3necro & +3 enchant spell pen 9 one handed weapons. Which leaves me open to wear alchemical heavy shield with +3 evo and arcane augmentation 9.
    Meaning I always have +3 necro and +3evo, +2 enchant or +3 enchant if I wish to switch weapons, along with+2 spell pen 9 +2 spell pen augmentation 9 always.
    Everything else is covered by at least +18 implement +90 spell power and 12% crit with oppertunity to switch weapons for 120s. My spell pen is one better then the amount from the staff of the necromancer spell pen 9 lesser augementation 9 with +1 more spell pen for level 8 and lower spells from epic torc.
    The ring of elemental essence costs you all those 12% crits the house p cloak is useless except for the light resistances which can be had on the pale rod and switched in when you have been dp dotted. con +4 is 50hps just from the con8 and exceptional con2 gloves, and if you would rather have a 1% proc like vacuum vs +2 dcs pretty much anytime something hits you from the shaken effect on lion headed belt buckle your playing a different game to me and shouldnt be a dc focused pale master. Im running around with just under 800hp with this setup and I still manage to die in EE so if your skimping on con and hp your better off just running EC and EN with EH when you want a challenge.
    Epic ring of the mire is for switching when I want to torc up and get back the most sp with the least incoming damage by putting on that ring and mabar robes while shield blocking with DP running I can handle about 10 archers without any shield mastery and my hp will still go positive from my death auras and the hp proc on the robes and consort bracers and dual conc op item and weapon.

I cant see anywhere im wasting space at all ive looked my gear over 100s of times and reconfigured it to suit current game state everytime there are massive changes to casters in ddo. Im getting the most hp possible from all sources leaving space to roll ones and account for lag and things going wrong, as much sustainable dc as is possible for a human pm wizard (55-56 necro dc without surge) 90-120 spell power to every spell that I could want to cast, maximum incoming healing from high spell power/crit chance auras. Maximum enchant dc without wasting feats on it (50-51 without surging). Multiple items for spell regen chance without requiring burst healing wasting the sp that your trying to get back plus numerous things like bauble, epic twisted talisman, normal twisted talisman and multiple sets of abbot gloves.
    Well... didn't skim your post. But there was a lot of random gen items in your build. And, a lot of things I didn't quite understand. You really didn't give me a build. You just listed a few items that could go into some slots.

Let's review then.

max or close to max spell pen (lesser/arcane augmentation 9, greater spell pen 9-+6 caster sticks/lob caster sticks, lesser is on mabar robes but since trinket is taken by litany that falls to spidersilk for +3 ins int, so no go. Hence, weapon slots)
    +2/3 dc items for necro and either enchant, conjuration, or more (addy dragon cloak, spectacles, +6 caster random gen, other)
    toughness (spidersilk, ebelt of the moraranon)
    gfl (ebelt of the mroranon, ebracers of demon consort, ebelt buckle)
    hp gs (i have conop hp)
    torc
    bracers

So... You have 2 rand gen 1-hands that give spell power and lore to two elements? And your Cloak is a Addy dragon for +2 all dc?

So if you have 2 rand gen items with lore (assuming mastery items). Then how do you wear your alchemical shield? Or, where exactly is your "+3necro & +3 enchant spell pen 9 one handed weapons"; I don't know of such a weapon.

Are you telling me all swappable weapons?

Because I'm really trying to build a static pale master set here. Any swappables should be seondary and mentioned on the side. Please pick 1 item and tell me your core.

If we get into swappables, you can have infinite combinations that you feel would be best.

So your trinket is Lolth symbol to provide you 90 null

I don't get this. You're counting into implements? Don't need to show. Just let me know each slot's items.

How can you have litany if your trinket is Lolth symbol for the 90 null? Where exactly is your +8 item? Is it a ring or something?

okay, so what provides your arcane aug 9? Because your Rand Gen 1-hands cover your 2 element lore/spellpower right? Where is your greater spell pen coming from? What do you mean by "+6 caster sticks/lob caster sticks"

So, your epic darkstorm is covering your Null and void lore, not your symbol of lolth. This means that your trinket is litany and your robe is +3 int spidersilk? And you wear an Mroranon belt for fort.

toughness (spidersilk, ebelt of the Mroranon)

Redundant toughness from spidersilk and belt

gfl (ebelt of the Mroranon, ebracers of demon consort, ebelt buckle)

What is Gfl? And you can't use Mroranon belt if your belt is... lion buckle belt?

Pdk helm.... but you're wearing an epic darkstorm for the null / void right? You are also wearing the Mroranon for the fort right? Or do you mean you're slotting a heavy fort into a dark storm helm's green augment slot and wearing lion buckle instead? Then that also clears up your redundant toughness skill from spider silk and opens up a colorless for torc.

But that would be impossible right?

Because your epic darkstorm's green slot is carrying your -15% asf for your alchemical shield correct? So, where is your heavy fort item then? Or are you hiding a reduce ASF somewhere?

hp gs (i have conop hp)

And what exactly gives you the HP? you went constitution positive? what is your negative attrib? Exactly what slot is this conc opp item in again? Your... boot? Your...googles?

So for your 2nd Gs you didn't take a dual affinity proc at all and just went straight positive Cha for all 3 sp? Then you're missing an HP tier in your concord opp GS from the 1 negative tier you need. Again, what item slot is this?

torc

okay torc on neck, we all agree that's the best

bracers

okay bracer of consort, that's been agreed on

So.... yeah, pretty much I tried to understand your build..... But... Was a bit confused. Would you like to clarify and provide a more concrete build?
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 09-19-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by loren9109 View Post
    To discuss gear you might wanna list your build and stats with your planned gear on, so people can check your hp, dc and saves etc. Also you might wanna show which epic slot you're using for what kind of properties.
    Agreed. I will be listing out the properties gained from the build, it's goal, and more details. Ran outta time yesterday / was too tired.

Ugh now where's you're heavy fort slot? I don't see a blue slot item in the latest gear set.
    Nice catch. I will probably suggest a GS Dual affinity Min I belt for it. Or, A epic belt of mroranon, and that will cover our heavy fort and toughness (loss from spidersilk) needs.

But,

If the proc for shaken with Lion buckle is good on Epic elite mobs and we want to keep buckle. Then maybe we'll keep the bucaneer ring +2 goodluck (unique +2 saves, ability bonus) and slot a Heavy fort into the blue aug slot.

Missing +2 insight con and +8 con item and it's 50 hp difference, one epic toughness feat away.
    I was thinking a +6 con into a colorless slot. I'd sacrifice the 2 con for this build. Not sure where we can add in a +8 con but I will think about it.

Insight +2 options:

Tod Ring - Rahkir (pale not worth it as we already have full Null from Mabar robe). Ring also takes care of our +1 int insight needs but we will have colorless slots open for that. Incredible potential +2 insight con.

If we use Rahkir, the gripe I have is that, to make it more useful we have to take out the lion buckle belt or heavy fort belt. The additional "archmagi" property on the belt is redundant as well if we are using planar conflux.

Missing litany possibly -1 dc and another -25hp; missing greater conjour focus -2 web dc and your web is 3 dc behind. If you don't have enough spell pen and necro/enchant dc you're likely to have a harder time in EE drow quests.

Or,

Seal of Dun Robar - We will get a +2 con insight and a +4% dodge.

Or, Rand Loot Gen +2 insight ring.

However, If we choose to keep ring of the bucaneer, we will not have a ring slot for a +8 rand loot int ring. (Remember with mabar robe focus, we no longer have a +3 int insight / +8 in fallback option (spidersilk) if we use litany)

So, adding this +2 insight con will be hard. We can get a +1 con insight from a colorless slot. Also, mayhap mabar's epic robe of shadows superior falselife +40 hp will make up for it?

+3 resistance instead of +5 and missing good luck+2, you have -4 saves overall. Auto symbol of pain upon entering quest.
    Keep the Good Luck Bacaneer ring for the +2. Then, we can slot a +4 resistance into a yellow slot (demon consorts maybe?)

With that amazing staff on you have +80 spell power all around. Epic elemental rings give +10 more, which gives less than 5% damage output.... is it worth a ring slot?
    Agreed, would rather have a better / unique ability ring.

Bracers of the Demon Consort... on epic hard things will die before it procs; on elite you will die before it procs if you're waiting for the proc (same goes with that vacuum helm). Perhaps the claw bracers (+2con, heavy fort) or villager bracers (+2con +4 insight saves) worth considering?
    Maybe... but demon shield 30 hp procs so much.... I'd rather sacrifice a belt slot for it or a blue augment slot from buccaneer ring for the heavy fort. You're right that claw bracers would add the +2 insight con we are looking for. But... (demon consort's)demon shield and the yellow and colorless slot bonus is not a good trade off in my opinion.

The curse guard and Inflict moderate guard from demon consort's does not proc in EE MOTU, so not gonna bring losing that up.

Another issue is it feels strange to me you can only afford one damage line. I can easily take 2 7/1/1 lines or even 3 if sacrificing some other enhancements slightly.
    This is my personal preference. I love a huge dmg disintegrate in pvp and force in pve is not so bad... Especially with this Twilight... force will rock. (also most things in motu are force and neg vulnerable? Especially wisps...)

I hate.... using the ap to have 2 weaker elemental lines and no force at all.

But once again, side tracked. I will list the goals for the build and the static power increases will be neg and force for palemasters and archmage. Elementals we can swap in maybe two 1-handed elemental mastery items per your preference.

Thanks for the strong review and will make changes.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 09-19-2012 at 06:37 PM.

If the proc for shaken with Lion buckle is good on Epic elite mobs and we want to keep buckle.
    There's no save vs. Roar. It works the same on Heroic Casual as it does on Epic Elite.
    Tod Ring - Rahkir (pale not worth it as we already have full Null from Mabar robe). Ring also takes care of our +1 int insight needs but we will have colorless slots open for that. Incredible potential +2 insight con.

If we use Rahkir, the gripe I have is that, to make it more useful we have to take out the lion buckle belt or heavy fort belt. The additional "archmagi" property on the belt is redundant as well if we are using planar conflux.
    You don't HAVE to complete the set bonus. If you need a +1 exceptional Int and a +2 insightful Con, then this is a decent item for you (and so is any other ToD ring with +1 Int on it, including Sanura's and Awanahu's, which may be better, as it also gives you a +6 Dex you may be lacking, if you are that concerned with Balance). As for Balance, you really don't need as much as you're picking up...how often are you knocked down at all, let alone for more than a second or two? Balance doesn't help you stay up (oddly), it only helps you not stay down for so long. My wizard has +5 Dex skills, no Dex item, 11 ranks in Balance, and gets by all right.

There are enough things in the game that are immune to both enchantments and necromancy that having a decent Web is worthwhile. That there are also things with ridiculous SR (55+) makes having a CC tool that skirts SR important.
    However, If we choose to keep ring of the bucaneer, we will not have a ring slot for a +8 rand loot int ring. (Remember with mabar robe focus, we no longer have a +3 int insight / +8 in fallback option (spidersilk) if we use litany)
    As I pointed out, it is worthwhile to have both the +3 Int Spidersilk and the Epic Robe of Shadow or Shroud of the Abbot and swap as needed...sometimes you want more survivability, and sometimes you want more DC.
    Maybe... but demon shield 30 hp procs so much.... I'd rather sacrifice a belt slot for it or a blue augment slot from buccaneer ring for the heavy fort. You're right that claw bracers would add the +2 insight con we are looking for. But... (demon consort's)demon shield and the yellow and colorless slot bonus is not a good trade off in my opinion.
    +25 HP is nowhere near as useful as Demonic Shield. Never make that trade.

There's no save vs. Roar. It works the same on Heroic Casual as it does on Epic Elite.
    Thanks for the confirmation. Then Agreed. Epic lion belt is our best PM belt and the slots will be added into the mix.

You don't HAVE to complete the set bonus. If you need a +1 exceptional Int and a +2 insightful Con, then this is a decent item for you (and so is any other ToD ring with +1 Int on it, including Sanura's and Awanahu's, which may be better, as it also gives you a +6 Dex you may be lacking, if you are that concerned with Balance). As for Balance, you really don't need as much as you're picking up...how often are you knocked down at all, let alone for more than a second or two? Balance doesn't help you stay up (oddly), it only helps you not stay down for so long. My wizard has +5 Dex skills, no Dex item, 11 ranks in Balance, and gets by all right.
    Yap, if we keep buccaneer then We don't need the 6 dex, but Agreed. Tod would be a poor ring option just for the +2 insight con. We will have to stick with a +1 insight con from one of the colorless slots. We also need the extra ring slot for the +8 int rand gen ring we are missing.

Also, yep, balance does not keep you from being knocked down and simply helps people get back up. So, reaffirmed lion buckle's place as current static PM belt with core stat being Roar's shaken for the Save reduce.

There are enough things in the game that are immune to both enchantments and necromancy that having a decent Web is worthwhile. That there are also things with ridiculous SR (55+) makes having a CC tool that skirts SR important.
    I just think web is pretty over hyped... yeah, I get that most things in citw and some end game motu mobs are immune to dance/flesh to stone/hold, but.... relying on a Strength/reflex save web break.... I just don't think the additional Conjuration focus is worth it.

Also, no fit for this build where Mabar's night unique stats are preferred over Ada cloak...

Compare: Mabar's night cloak VS. Adamantine dragon

Adamantine dragon
    Spellcasting Implement +18 (useful kinda)
    Potency +76 (overlapped by Twilight)
    Spell Focus Mastery +2 (core stat)
    Stealth Strike (useless)

Cloak of night
    Invisibility Guard (Useful? At least, unique)
    Ghostly (Incorporeal 10% miss stacks with 50% displacement - core stat)
    Hide +5 (useless)
    Move Silently +5 (useless)
    Deathblock (undead form overlap)
    Nightmare Guard (useful? PK guard: 20% chance to do 5d8 force damage, DC 22 Will Save vs. Enchantments negates. 5% chance to do DC 20 Phantasmal Killer spell. At least, unique)
    Dodge Bonus 2% (useful, not sure if redundant)
    DR 5/Good (useful)

As I pointed out, it is worthwhile to have both the +3 Int Spidersilk and the Epic Robe of Shadow or Shroud of the Abbot and swap as needed...sometimes you want more survivability, and sometimes you want more DC.
    I don't want to get into swaps atm.... just set the core. But the thing is.... If we lose our planar focus / conflux , we will lose this build's only source of Spell pen 9 , wizardry 10 +250 sp., Universal +15 psionic stacking (unique).

Do you feel the +1 profane all stat bonus (core stat) is worth the loss of the 3? Also... no +3 insight item since mabar's night robe. So maybe have to take a +8 int googles (rand gen)? + 2 int insight ring? (Googles slot freed up because mabar's robe offers greater necro, hence, epic spirit sights may longer be viable for only the enchantment bonus).

But if that's the case, then +1 int profane from Litany doesn't matter since you lose +1 int from lacking a +3 insight item.

I am not sure rand gen items can go +3 insight right?

+25 HP is nowhere near as useful as Demonic Shield. Never make that trade.
    Agreed. 30hp high proc shield is an incredible defensive stat vs. a static hp gain.

Well, need some time to summarize all this. so, yap. I do believe... we are closing in on the end. But, we'll see.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 09-19-2012 at 07:52 PM.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

No one item set is going to work. You really need 2 very different item sets, one for EH that is strongly based on guards and an EE set with max DCs and spell pen.

In either case, I'm not sure where the twilight set fits in, it doesn't provide the defense that you want in EH nor does it provide the DCs and spell or that you want in EE.

For EE I'd be looking at:
    -10% spell point costs (even if this loses Torc - you just don't want to get hit that often in some quests)
    +3 necro focus
    +2 focus at least for all else
    Greater spell pen IX
    +13 int from items
    PRR to help survive the big hits
    Arcane augmentation IX

For EH:
    Guards, guards, guards and more guards
    Spell pen and DC isn't so important as we're assumed to not need them on EH
    DR
    SP regen

So, for EE:
    Mainhand: Loot gen major necro +6 focus loot gen stick
    Offhand: greater spell pen IX buckler (0 ASF)
    War Wizard Set
    Enervation Guard HP GS accessory
    +13 int from items

EH:
    All the DQ guard stuff
    Conc-opp/char skills GS SP accessory
    Enervation HP GS accessory
    Boon of Undeath

These 2 sets are very different from each other and often mutually exclusive.
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

While I agree that you don't want to get hit so much on EE, and may want to ditch the Torc in that instance for something more useful, I don't know that you'd necessarily want to also give up your guards as things like the DQ bracers and Boon soften the blows that do land, if only by smallish amounts, and Lion-Head helps your spells land on the guys that are threatening you most.

That said, the lack of options for +3 Insightful Int is a problem in that regard. Hopefully we'll see that pop up on more worthwhile loot in convenient spots in the near future.

As for the War Wizard's set, you're spending 3 slots for what? a 10% spell discount and 5% elemental absorption? That seems pretty wasteful to me.

I skimmed through the thread, I would do / already do a few things different:

- I use litany instead of +3 insightful conflux and have a ToD ring with +2 insightful. Currently looking for +8 int goggles/ring so I can wear +3 insightful int on spidersilk while being able to swap to mabar robe losing 1 int;

- I'd alternate between Staff of the Petitioner, Staff of the Necromancer, Twilight, weapon sets for DoTs or dual alchemicals, one with spell pen and the other with augmentation for when you really need moar spell pen.

- DQ stuff is key: buckle, bracers and torc, never off. Even on EEs, if you mess up and get hit, bracers /robe soften the blow;

- Phiarlan mirror cloak as a swap-in for mabar cloak for when you get DPed.

- Conc-opp on boots instead of gloves;

- Epic Bramble-casters / LGA gloves.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

*CURRENT* - 09/20/2012

Item Build Summary *Not complete and Changes may occur*
    Head: Supreme Tyrant Helm of Vaccuum
    Goggles: GreenSteel Min - II goggles.
    Neck: Epic Torc of Raiyum
    Trinket: Planar Focus Erudition +3 insight - Planar Conflux
    Cloak: Mabar's Epic Night Cloak (Ghostly + Displacement grants 55% miss (1-0.5*0.9 = 0.55). )
    Armor: Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadows
    Belt: Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle
    Boots: Epic Rock boots T3
    Gloves: Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition
    Bracers: Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort
    2-hand Weapon: Twilight, Element of Magic - Planar Conflux
    Ring1: Static Ring - +8 Int random gen ring (If someone knows a good additional stat, please share.)
    Ring2: Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3

Goals of build
    1. Spell School Focus - Necromancy & Enchantment
    2. Spell power focus - Force and Negative (Archmage / Pale master) - Alternative elemental damage is user dependant and can be swapped in using personal choices for Alchemical 1-hands / Rand Gen 1-hands. We will not be going into alternative elements. We are looking for the best static end game build possible at this time.
    2. Least Amount of item stat redundancy.
    3. Highest amount of unique item stats useful to Pale/Archmage.
    4. Highest amount of item stat / utility per item slot.

Disclaimer for Green Steel
    1. Green steel items slots hold up 3 slots. Need 2 Cleanses.
    2. Green Steel items can be customized to your needs.
    3. All GS are dual affinities.

Build Goal for GS stats were -
    Major Stats / Static: Concordant Opposition (gloves), Heavy Fortification (goggles)
    Minor Stats:T1-T3 CHA (UMD), T1 &T3 DEX (balance), T1 -T3 Sp/Hp, 4 Immunities (Poison, blindness, Disease, Fear), T2 & T3 Con (Concentration).

Core Stat List Summary

Static Stat Upgrades
    Strength +6 (Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle)
    Constitution +6 (Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle)
    Wisdom +6 (Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition) Existential Stalemate I
    Charisma +6 Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Torc of Raiyum neck)
    Dexterity +7 (Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3)
    +8 int enhancement (Random Gen +8 int ring)
    +3 Int Insight Bonus (Planar Erudition - Trinket)
    Insight Int +1- Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle)
    Insight Con +1 - Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Rock boots T3)
    Open +1 Insight Slot, suggest +1 Cha - Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort)

Spell power
    Greater Arcane Lore (Twilight, Element of Magic)
    Potency +80 (Twilight, Element of Magic)
    Impulse +120 (Twilight, Element of Magic)
    Superior Nullification IX (+120? Need Confirmation - (Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadow))
    Superior Void Lore (Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadow)
    Superior Corrosion IX (+120? Need Confirmation - Epic Rock boots T3)
    Superior Acid Lore (Epic Rock boots T3)
    Spellcasting Implement +21 (Twilight, Element of Magic)
    +15 Psionic Bonus to Universal Spell Power (Planar Erudition - Trinket: Planar Conflux)

Spell School / Pen
    Spell Pen 9 (Planar Erudition - Trinket: Planar Conflux)
    Greater Necromancy Focus (Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadow)
    Major Evocation Focus (Twilight, Element of Magic)
    Major Enchantment Focus (Twilight, Element of Magic)
    Arcane Augmentation IX (Twilight, Element of Magic)
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot (Epic Rock boots T3) - Spell Focus: Open Spell School +1 focus / Feather Falling
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort): Open Spell School +1 focus

Skill, Hp, Sp bonus
    +250 Sp - Wizardry 10 (Planar Erudition - Trinket: Planar Conflux)
    Superior False Life +40 hp (Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadow)
    Empty Green Augment Slot (Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3) Toughness (recommended) / Nimbleness / +4 Natural Armor
    Tier 1: +1 Charisma Skills (GreenSteel Min - II goggles.)
    Tier 1:+10 HP, +1 Dexterity Skills (Green Steel Vaccum helm)
    Tier 2:+50 sp, +2 Charisma Skills (Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition)
    Tier 2:+15 HP, +2 Constitution Skills (GreenSteel Min - II goggles.)
    Tier 3:+100 sp, +3 Charisma Skills (Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition)
    Tier 3:+20 HP, +3 Dexterity Skills (Green Steel Vaccum helm)
    Tier 3:+20 Hp, +3 Constitution skills (GreenSteel Min - II goggles)

Immunities
    Tier 1: blindness Immunity, Disease Immunity (Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition)
    Tier 2: Poison Immunity, Fear Immunity (Green Steel Vaccum helm)
    Heavy Fortification (GreenSteel Min - II goggles)
    Deathblock (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    Underwater Action (Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3)

Resistance/Defensive Stats
    Ghostly (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    Good Luck +2 Saves/Skills (Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3)
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot (Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle) - +4 Resistance
    Slippery Surface Immunity (Epic Rock boots T3)
    DR 5/Good (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    Dodge Bonus 2% (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    Inherent (10) Acid Resistance (Epic rock boots T3)
    +5 Protection (GreenSteel Min - II goggles & Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3)

Procs (when hit)
    Concordant Opposition (Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition) Existential Stalemate II
    Boon of Undeath (Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadow)
    Transform Kinetic Energy (Epic Torc of Raiyum neck)
    Roar (Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle)
    Demonic Curse (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort)
    Demonic Shield (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort)
    Demonic Retribution] (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort)
    Trap the Soul Guard on-hit 1% chance, Trap the Soul 30 HD version, will save DC 30 (Green Steel Vaccum helm)
    Invisibility Guard (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    Nightmare Guard (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    Stone Prison Guard - Chance to Flesh to Stone (DC 17) (Epic Rock boots T3)
    Earthgrab Guard - Chance to Earth Grab (Epic Rock boots T3)

Clickies
    Aspect of Vacuum: Destruction 2charges/day (Green Steel Vaccum helm)
    Aspect of Mineral: Stoneskin (2/day) (GreenSteel Min - II goggles)
    Nightshield (5/day) (Mabar's Epic Robe of Shadow)

Epic Slots and Recommendations Recap list (stats already added to correct stat spots for Cohesion)
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Torc of Raiyum neck) - Charisma +6
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle) - Insight Int +1
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Rock boots T3) - Insight Con +1
    Empty Colorless Augment Slot (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort) - Open +1 Insight Slot, suggest +1 Cha
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot (Epic Lion headed Belt Buckle) - +4 Resistance
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot (Epic Rock boots T3) - Spell Focus: Open Spell School +1 focus / Feather Falling
    Empty Yellow Augment Slot (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort): Open Spell School +1 focus
    Empty Green Augment Slot (Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3) Toughness (recommended) / Nimbleness / +4 Natural Armor

Misc Stats. / Useless / Cake bonus stats
    Hide +5 (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    Move Silently +5 (Mabar's Epic Night Cloak)
    +10 Diplomacy (Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition) Existential Stalemate I
    +10 Haggle (Supreme Tyrant Gloves of Concordant Opposition) Existential Stalemate I
    Intimidate +15 (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort)
    Swim +15 (Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3)
    +7 Enhancement Bonus (weapon)(Twilight, Element of Magic)
    unlisted Demonic Drain (1% chance) (Epic Bracers of the Demon Consort)

Redundant / Overlapped Stats
    Wizardry VI - T1 (GreenSteel Min - II goggles.) Overlap by Planar Conflux +250sp
    Wizardry VI (Epic Torc of Raiyum neck) - Overlap by Planar Conflux +250sp
    tier 3 +20 Hp - Redundant: Green Steel Vaccum helm & GreenSteel Min - II goggles
    Greater Spell Penetration 8 (Epic Torc of Raiyum neck) - Overlap by Planar Conflux Spell Pen 9
    Immunity to Fear (Lion Headed Belt & Tier 2 immunity for Green Steel Vacuum helm)
    Protection +5 (Epic Ring of the Buccaneer T3 & GreenSteel Min - II goggles)

************************************************** **********************************

Ending notes.

For contributors:
    1. With goggles slot opened up and a lack of 3rd gs, changed Epic Spirit Sights goggles to GS Min goggles. This will cover our heavy fort needs and also provide the full T1-T3 hp/sp.

2. Adamantine cloak no longer a viable alternative even for the +2 spell mastery.

Greater necro (mabar robe), Major enchant (twilight), Major Evo(twilight) are covered. 2 slots open for a minor +1 school focus if you really want that conjuration.

3. Kundarak delving replaced with epic rock for the additional acid bonuses.

If you find a way to utilize litany for more gain than this build, please let me know.

If you feel you're able to rearrange anything and swap out items for others that would make this build better, please check over redundancies, what you gain, and what you lose.

Please /sign this build if you agree to its premise.

Builds change with new items as always. This is for Post Update 15 build.

All who shared / helped (not simply posted) in this thread will be listed as a contributor.

If you do not wish to be listed, please state so and I will remove you.
    If you wish to be listed and I missed you, please let me know why and how you contributed.

THANKS ALL.

Please review and sign and I will update 1st post.
    Last edited by DynaTheCat; 09-20-2012 at 06:37 PM.

Community Member wax_on_wax_off's Avatar

While I agree that you don't want to get hit so much on EE, and may want to ditch the Torc in that instance for something more useful, I don't know that you'd necessarily want to also give up your guards as things like the DQ bracers and Boon soften the blows that do land, if only by smallish amounts, and Lion-Head helps your spells land on the guys that are threatening you most.

That said, the lack of options for +3 Insightful Int is a problem in that regard. Hopefully we'll see that pop up on more worthwhile loot in convenient spots in the near future.

As for the War Wizard's set, you're spending 3 slots for what? a 10% spell discount and 5% elemental absorption? That seems pretty wasteful to me.
    If it changes whether a mob saves or doesn't save vs a spell then +1 int is definitely better than Boon of Undeath on EE. Possibly worth considering racial choice in that context though.

If the guard stuff fits after the priorities are taken care of then definitely it should be added. Lion Headed belt buckle for instance will stay for me as its a nice source of 2 slots and +6 to two stats even if the roar never goes off.

Is it actually possible to fit Arcane Augmentation IX, Major Necro Focus and Greater Spell Pen IX on the 1 build?
    Quote Originally Posted by Feather_of_Sun View Post
    Welcome to Dungeons and Dragons Online, and thanks for playing!
    Build Index

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by wax_on_wax_off View Post
    If it changes whether a mob saves or doesn't save vs a spell then +1 int is definitely better than Boon of Undeath on EE. Possibly worth considering racial choice in that context though.

If the guard stuff fits after the priorities are taken care of then definitely it should be added. Lion Headed belt buckle for instance will stay for me as its a nice source of 2 slots and +6 to two stats even if the roar never goes off.

Is it actually possible to fit Arcane Augmentation IX, Major Necro Focus and Greater Spell Pen IX on the 1 build?
    No, gsp9, arcane aug9, and major focus all fit only on weapon slots. Most you can fit is arcane aug9, major focus, gsp8(torc), and sp9.

Edit:
    That said, it probably isn't necessary to max out dcs; like before u14, needing only 42-43(/45) to have a very good chance. Probably better to max out spell pen more or less(54 for nonpriestesses). Obv with more past lives you can drop the 3 spell pen(+1 gsp, +2 arcane aug) and not have to worry about it anymore.

Edit:
    2nd life 51 max. Would need 6 more in past lives to drop them. 3x wiz, 2x fvs, 6th life. Elf is looking mighty nice right about now. (for those not up for TRs)
    Last edited by HalfORCastrator; 09-20-2012 at 07:21 PM.
    ME BARB, ME SMA-ok I stand here with pretty blue lines around me. ok I take damage. ok bye.

Looks like a nice setup listed in the OP. I only skimmed the thread, but thought I'd post just as something to consider:

I put the 150 gs sp item (plus a raise dead clickie) on a necklace that I shrine swap for torc. This gives me the full 150 elemental spell points -- lord knows you blow through at least 150 sp after each shrining -- without taking up a slot at all, plus I get full effect from the torc.

My other gs item is 45 hp concop, because I always want the hp and I always want concop. This means I get the effect of two gs items for the price of only one gear slot.

I notice you have 3 gs items listed; I'm thinking that could be compressed down to two if you really wanted using the torc/sp swap technique. If you need the 3 dual-shard effects then obviously you need all 3 slots, but just an idea to consider.

After a quick glance, maybe something like move concop from gloves to goggles, drop the min2 effect (slotting heavy fort in an epic augment) and slapping on bramble-casters for greater spearblock. Probably not the greatest, but just an example.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast