The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Default 4e Legacy (Offline) Char Builder on Ipad, Playbook,etc....or cheap laptop suggestions

Ok so I'll start out admitting I'm TERRIBLE at organizing things and I constantly loose my pages, monster hps, etc.,etc. when DMing o I'm thinking of picking up a cheap laptop (200-400ish) to keep things a little less hectic but when I was talking to my players about allowing them to have laptops or w/e at the table instead of having papers all over the place...one guy mentioned his ipad and I said that was fine to so I figured I'd look into it. but a huge deciding factor for me is if the legacy (offline) builder with it.

Don't get me wrong my desktop PC has Inet about 100% of the time but my gaming room is far too away from my inet to get a good signal if at all so we love the idea of using the old builder to contain our characters to save time, paper,table space,etc.

TLR Does the Legacy (offline) Builder work on Ipads (or similar like playbook or windowspad) if not what would you guy suggest for a laptop solely meant for excel, the builder, minor net surfing (when i do find a wifi hotspot or w/e), jotting down random notes while out in the world and other minor things although I might throw Baldur's Gate:Enhanced (or other oldies but goodies) on there.

Sidenote: If the builder does work on them which tablet would be best for my wants...please avoid flaming
    Last edited by Failedlegend; 09-18-2012 at 04:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.

Community Member

If you mean the D&D Insider thing that they stopped providing ages ago: No, that only runs on PCs. iPads and the like aren't even similar hardware.

There's other character building tools for the iPad, some pretty usable, but they're not going to be any of the official stuff. Of course. If you have wireless the current online stuff might be gotten to work.

... Edit: No, it wouldn't, because it's Silverlight rather than anything that could ever be gotten to work portably. I forgot that Wizards hates the idea of technology actually working. :P
    Last edited by seebs; 09-20-2012 at 02:22 AM.
    Yes, that seebs.
    Not having fun anymore? Learn to play, noob!

The Mad Multiclasser Failedlegend's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by seebs View Post
    ... Edit: No, it wouldn't, because it's Silverlight rather than anything that could ever be gotten to work portably. I forgot that Wizards hates the idea of technology actually working. :P
    not to mention it takes 5 minutes to accept any choices you make ie. changing Str from 14 -> 15
    Quote Originally Posted by Cordovan
    There is little value in getting into an edition debate; as with anything, we create what we believe works best for DDO.