Default Only lesser essences for potential greater than +6 deconstruction

It seems to me that I get only lesser essences for potential greater than +6 (+7,+8) effect deconstruction. When I deconstruct +6 potential effect it regularly gives me greater essences.

Does anyone else have similar issue or I just have bad luck?
    Last edited by darkovac; 09-17-2012 at 05:05 AM.
    I may be dumb...
    @Thelanis: Guslar/Machkica/Cvr/Weadar

Community Member

Bad luck.

Although I must admit that I don't feel like I'm getting the greaters as often as I was expecting. I think it's because I deconstruct so few +7/8 compared to +6 that it's throwing off my perception of greater drops. Or maybe my expectations were too high, since the greater drops are still supposed to be 1 every 3 tries like all the other deconstructs.

But I have seen greaters drop from +7/8, so they are out there.

Community Member

I think that you either just decon small amounts or just don't pay attention. I know that when I am doing +7 and +8 I get about 15 greaters every two or three objects. I deconstructed 40 items got over 4k lessers and over 300 greaters. So I think that it is just fine. In just one week of farming chests I have harvested over 4k lessers of each type. Though the greaters are not as abundant it is nice to be able to get 15+ from one item opposed to 3-4 as before.

I had thought the same thing but if you look at general chat higher teir deconstructions often give both lessers and greaters but only display one type

Default More greaters from +6 than +7 and +8

Last night I have deconstructed a couple of items and got some Greater essences from +7 and +8. But for some reason I got more Greater essences from +6 effect deconstruction than from +7 and +8, but later two gave out a lot more lesser essences.

Again it might be up to luck because my test sample was relatively low (3 +6, 1 +7, 2 +8 and 1 +5 potential effects). +5 gave 1 Greater and no Lesser essences. I'll try to get bigger sample (let say 10 for each potential from +5 to +8) and write down numbers, but if anyone else can post some numbers and save me time and pp that would great
    I may be dumb...
    @Thelanis: Guslar/Machkica/Cvr/Weadar