Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: +4 tomes

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    A jewel would raise the chest level by 2 so it would give you a chance to pull a +4 tome instead of a +3 tome, I believe you needed a chest level of 27 to get a +4 tome so with a jewel you could get it on a chest that was level 25-26. With a jewel and +2 bonus weekend (now) you could get a +4 tome on a level 23 chest.

It doesn't increase your chances of getting a tome, it just allows you to get a better tome in some cases.
    There have been some major changes recently to increase the sales rate of tomes in the store, after motu they were dropping at a rate where finding them was realistic, I definitely got several with no loot gems running, and I was running 95% epic hards at the time.

Rarity of items we want will be increased until we have to buy them from the store unless you play constantly and with few characters. If you play a lot of characters be ready to shell out the cash or design builds with this in mind.

Gold rolls do seem better now that tomes are super rare, still, only ones im rolling are the free vip. Not a fan of astral shards being forced down throat.

Quote Originally Posted by Tid12 View Post
    I hate them. Been trying to pull one with a +2 Jewel since MotU is out and still haven't pulled one for my gf nor me.

Haaaate them. That's all.
    Players are not supposed to find ability tomes ingame. Please buy them in store.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by 01000010 View Post
    There have been some major changes recently to increase the sales rate of tomes in the store, after motu they were dropping at a rate where finding them was realistic, I definitely got several with no loot gems running, and I was running 95% epic hards at the time.

Rarity of items we want will be increased until we have to buy them from the store unless you play constantly and with few characters. If you play a lot of characters be ready to shell out the cash or design builds with this in mind.

Gold rolls do seem better now that tomes are super rare, still, only ones im rolling are the free vip. Not a fan of astral shards being forced down throat.
    It is possible they are less rare now because they are diluted by the new skill tomes which could share the same loot category. The devs previously confirmed that level 27 chests are the minimum level for +4 tomes to drop.
    CC Casting Druid: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...C-Summer-Build
    Shiradi Wiz Plan for 1st Lifers: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...r-First-Lifers
    U25 Patch 1 Dex Halfling Assassin Build: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...x-Assassin-1-0
    Warlock DC Caster: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthrea...ld-Blast-Build

Several characters on Sarlona all starting with "Rand" in the Guild "Guardians of House Cannith". My main four characters are Randowl (18 rogue 2 artificer mechanic - hope to go back to DC casting some day), Randslar (Bard 14 / Fighter 4 / Rogue 2 Swashbuckler), Randek (Druid CC Caster 17/Fvs 3) and Randomall (Rogue 20 assassin).

+4 tomes.... have pulled two. EVER. across all may chars. And I refuse to buy jewels. mebbe I am just unlucky

Quote Originally Posted by slarden View Post
    It is possible they are less rare now because they are diluted by the new skill tomes which could share the same loot category. The devs previously confirmed that level 27 chests are the minimum level for +4 tomes to drop.
    I am nearly certain that with U19, +4 ability tomes are no longer in lvl 27 chests. Devs have been completely silent on the issue so far, so we have no input from them on the topic.
    Otherwise, Storm Horns EN quests would drop +4 tomes, and they'd be everywhere. There's just no way they didn't change *something* - the drop rate, the min chest level, perhaps both. Also possible that introducing Skill Tomes caused a bug.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nibor View Post
    I am nearly certain that with U19, +4 ability tomes are no longer in lvl 27 chests. Devs have been completely silent on the issue so far, so we have no input from them on the topic.
    Otherwise, Storm Horns EN quests would drop +4 tomes, and they'd be everywhere. There's just no way they didn't change *something* - the drop rate, the min chest level, perhaps both. Also possible that introducing Skill Tomes caused a bug.
    This.

And there's the weirdness of only +3s showing up on 20th lists that used to have +4 and +5 upgrades.

Can anyone even confirm that tomes are dropping as random loot now (after u19)? (i.e. not from an EE or raid chest that has specific tomes on the tables)

Definitely some funniness going on
    Gildus, Sabathiel, Einion, Yhvain

Cannith

Founder

Quote Originally Posted by SerPounce View Post
    This.

And there's the weirdness of only +3s showing up on 20th lists that used to have +4 and +5 upgrades.

Can anyone even confirm that tomes are dropping as random loot now (after u19)? (i.e. not from an EE or raid chest that has specific tomes on the tables)

Definitely some funniness going on
    The level 31 that I heard dropped was on EE storm horn. So it may have not been in the loot tables. We need someone to get one in EN or EH storm horns with a jewel running to know for sure.

only +4 tomes ive pulled have been from TOD hard/elite, or 20th list ages ago..........never pulled any outside of there, seen a couple +3-+4 upgrade tomes in EE tor but to other people of course but that was a couple months ago.

man was so disapointed to crappy skill tome for 20th lists Fot and citw.

Bump 'cause I'm still curious. Anyone had any luck with +4 tomes lately, or seen +3 tomes out of a high lvl chest (so we know that +4s aren't on the loot table for those)?

Are +4s still dropping from non-EE loot at all?

Bump 'cause I'm still curious. Anyone had any luck with +4 tomes lately, or seen +3 tomes out of a high lvl chest (so we know that +4s aren't on the loot table for those)?

Are +4s still dropping from non-EE loot at all?
    Don't have any screens to show it, but during the last loot weekend, I pulled a +3 to +4 Dex upgrade tome from one of the high road quests with a +2 jewel running on Epic Hard.
    Shorlong - Pale Master, Cevon - Druid Archer, Gorgnak - Barbarian, Addanc - Bear Tank, Juristash - Shadar Kai Assassin, Treiah - Morninglord Tempest Ranger, Baylfyre - CC Bard, Deimanus - Bladeforged Melee Arti, Daerian - Healing Cleric Morninglord, Krazig - Pally Tank, Veriste - Shadar Kai Death Knight, Xanapheia - TWF FVS, Helainia - Shadar Kai Henshin-Theif

Leader of The Dark Creed

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    Don't have any screens to show it, but during the last loot weekend, I pulled a +3 to +4 Dex upgrade tome from one of the high road quests with a +2 jewel running on Epic Hard.
    Yuck. High road quest on EH are 25, +2 jewel is 27, +2 loot weekend is 29, and you still only got a +3 tome (upgrades from +3 drop in the same levels and +3s)

So, that's at least lvl 29 is only +3 tomes. I'm guessing they're back to lvl 31+ chests.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shorlong View Post
    upgrade tomes are quite "easy" to get. the original stat (+1/2/3/4/5) tomes are not rly dropping anymore but those are needed in order to use the dropped upgrade tomes. I cant even get +1's during my tr's and leveling first lifers.. its like turbine is screaming into my face to buy the tomes from the store if i wanna use one of my million upgrade tomes but i just wont so my toons gotta live without tomes.
    Last edited by Derana; 10-11-2013 at 06:48 AM.

Loulani (17 Druid, 2 Monk, 1 Artificer): a healer who cc's (70 Evocation DC) and does traps (110 Disable Device, 107 Search)

Recently I've got 3-4 int from hard von 3 one of the named dudes chest, 3-4 charisma yesterday in hard oob side chest. Both with 2 jewel. So that's lvl 24 and 25 chests, seems still fine in Eberron.

Most of the 4-5s were from High Road during loot weekend and gem for me, but don't run it often enough now.
    Maybe it's just Shadowfell that has non standard loot tables.
    Shahang Nezhat Bellezza Wipekin Farida of Ghallanda

Quote Originally Posted by Derana View Post
    upgrade tomes are quite "easy" to get. the original stat (+1/2/3/4/5) tomes are not rly dropping anymore but those are needed in order to use the dropped upgrade tomes. I cant even get +1's during my tr's and leveling first lifers.. its like turbine is screaming into my face to buy the tomes from the store if i wanna use one of my million upgrade tomes but i just wont so my toons gotta live without tomes.
    Possible they figured out if they make real tomes rare, insert upgrade tomes that need real tomes that you can buy from the store to use them...

I wouldn't put this past them i haven't seen a +3 tome in my reward list for motu quests since the changes. I used to get them all the time.

Community Member

I would guess devs are silent about the removal because they don't know about it. Probably happened as a side-effect with the removal of the various weapon effects and addition of the new roman numeral effects.

Quote Originally Posted by era42 View Post
    I would guess devs are silent about the removal because they don't know about it. Probably happened as a side-effect with the removal of the various weapon effects and addition of the new roman numeral effects.
    My guess is that it got Turbined when they added the skill tomes.

Community Member

Not sure why I didn't chime in earlier, as this is a favorite topic of mine. +4s no longer drop in level 27 chests. They stopped dropping after the Shadowfell update. This isn't speculation on my part. I pulled a +3 tome out of a level 27 chest in the High Road shortly after Shadowfell went live. I stopped farming for them at that pull.

I haven't heard of anyone pulling a +4 out of a random loot gen chest since Shadowfell went live. I personally had pulled 3 in the High Road prior to that.

In case a dev decides to read and respond at some point:

2 bugs filed. 1 bug for +4 tomes no longer appearing in Level 27 loot, 1 bug for the absurdly high rate of Upgrade tomes (should be 1 in 4, appears to be at least 3 in 4).

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_Seaglen View Post
    Not sure why I didn't chime in earlier, as this is a favorite topic of mine. +4s no longer drop in level 27 chests. They stopped dropping after the Shadowfell update. This isn't speculation on my part. I pulled a +3 tome out of a level 27 chest in the High Road shortly after Shadowfell went live. I stopped farming for them at that pull.

I haven't heard of anyone pulling a +4 out of a random loot gen chest since Shadowfell went live. I personally had pulled 3 in the High Road prior to that.
    Same here - I've pulled at least 6 +4 ability tomes since Update 16, just by hunting High Road quests on EH during loot weekends.

If they reverted the tomes to lvl 31 tables, that's a bit obnoxious, because the minimum chest level for +4 tomes went up by 4, but the highest level non-raid quests went up by only 3 - lvl 24 High Road/Gianthold to lvl 27 Storm Horns, so techniques used to get to +4 tomes before are now 1 loot level short. Next loot weekend, I'm taking my stockpile of +1 loot gems (and/or perhaps convincing a guildy to make a chest blesser) and hunting storm horns quests for +4s to see what turns up.

Community Member

Just saw a +4 wisdom tome drop from EN CITW. The recipient claimed he did not have a gem running and that that was the second one he had pulled from that raid in two days.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast