Results 1 to 17 of 17
  1. #1
    Community Member Enga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Midwest USA
    Posts
    30

    Unhappy I wanted toughness, not toughened

    Yesterday, I finally had enough tokens to get my first epic augment crystal.

    I went to the epic vendor, and crunched down all my fragments. 30 epic tokens! I wanted toughness, so I searched the interface using the phrase 'tough'. Only one crystal came up, so I bought it. And then I read the fine print: toughened hide, gives +4 to natural armor. Not toughness!

    I now see what I actually want is a crystal of durability, which would have given the toughness effect. And there is no way to trade back or deconstruct the crystal I don't want. Even getting half the epic tokens back would be nice, as with deconstruction of green steel items. Or it could be tradeable for crafting shards, like tomes are.

    Would anyone else find it nice to have a use for accidental epic crystals?

  2. #2
    The Hatchery Syllph's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    1,992

    Default

    Yes and no. It sucks that this happened, but it's not a broken feature nor is it a bug. An unfortunate user end reading issue. I wouldn't want the devs to spend time on anything currently unless it is not WAI.

  3. #3
    Community Member Bolo_Grubb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,818

    Default

    ya I don't like that things are such that it is easy to get confused. You have to take your time and read very carefully.
    Kill'em all and let their favorite deity sort'em out
    Quote from a shroud run "I am an idiot, not a newb"

  4. #4
    Community Member Ap0k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    247

    Default

    sorry that you made this error. but we cant expect from the devs to make everything fool proof.
    i always read before i click when its something as expensive as augment crystals.
    there are mouse over tooltips for a reason.
    I wouldnt know ( from a dev perspective)how to take into account someone not even using the tools that are available to them, including the description of the item in question.
    Aggrom - Zenjin - Kaylam - Ciryll
    Ghallanda

    Playing DDO since April 2006

  5. #5
    The Hatchery MRMechMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Not as bad as the time I clicked on true heart...and it gave me a F%#&ing constructs ruin red augment.

    Straight up.

  6. #6
    Community Member brian14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    4,893

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Not as bad as the time I clicked on true heart...and it gave me a F%#&ing constructs ruin red augment.

    Straight up.
    Did you mis-click, or is that a bug? Because if the latter (click True Heart, get Construct Ruin), that's a really bad bug.
    "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder."

    "Of course it is. Are YOU going to question beholder's artistic sense?"

  7. #7
    Community Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Sarlona
    Posts
    2,456

    Default

    The search keywords don't match some of the item effects.

    Usability issue.

    Jaded crafter support groups meet on wednesdays.

    /hug

  8. #8
    The Hatchery MRMechMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by brian14 View Post
    Did you mis-click, or is that a bug? Because if the latter (click True Heart, get Construct Ruin), that's a really bad bug.
    Was definitely a bug. Customer support did nothing about it, leading in part to my adamant unsupport of this games GMs (they are fking useless sacks of horse excrement).

    This game would be better without any GMs at all than any of the ones I have encountered in recent months. They waste players time, their own time, and turbines money by being exactly 100.0% uneffective at their intended purpose.

    That being said, the OPs issue is no ones fault but their own and does not deserve a thread.

    Sounds harsh but...read before clicking, in RL and in video games.

    Maybe this did the OP a favor and they will learn to read leases/agreements/contracts before clicking/signing them in RL.

  9. #9
    Community Member Ap0k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    Was definitely a bug. Customer support did nothing about it, leading in part to my adamant unsupport of this games GMs (they are fking useless sacks of horse excrement).

    This game would be better without any GMs at all than any of the ones I have encountered in recent months. They waste players time, their own time, and turbines money by being exactly 100.0% uneffective at their intended purpose.

    That being said, the OPs issue is no ones fault but their own and does not deserve a thread.

    Sounds harsh but...read before clicking, in RL and in video games.

    Maybe this did the OP a favor and they will learn to read leases/agreements/contracts before clicking/signing them in RL.

    They are nice people.

    And they stick to rules that their employer (Turbine) gave them.

    We once had a cool gm on devourer. he spawned Titans and stuff in house P for fun. He got fired.
    Aggrom - Zenjin - Kaylam - Ciryll
    Ghallanda

    Playing DDO since April 2006

  10. #10
    The Hatchery MRMechMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Shenzhen, China
    Posts
    2,718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0k View Post
    They are nice people.

    And they stick to rules that their employer (Turbine) gave them.

    We once had a cool gm on devourer. he spawned Titans and stuff in house P for fun. He got fired.
    That is cool.

    But it is incredibly rare to get a GM to even help with obviously game-breaking bugs.

    Or at least very annoying ones to the player.

    I am sure that some people have been lucky enough to find knowledgable or helpful GMs.

    But that should not require luck; every GM should be good at their job. Right now the vast majority of them are near useless based on what I have seen and many, many people I have talked to have seen.

  11. #11
    Community Member Ap0k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MRMechMan View Post
    That is cool.

    But it is incredibly rare to get a GM to even help with obviously game-breaking bugs.

    Or at least very annoying ones to the player.

    I am sure that some people have been lucky enough to find knowledgable or helpful GMs.

    But that should not require luck; every GM should be good at their job. Right now the vast majority of them are near useless based on what I have seen and many, many people I have talked to have seen.
    what i was trying to bring across was, that its usually not the GM's fault. They have pretty clear instructions and work with databases that Turbine gives them. If the DB doesnt have a certain bug in it how would they know it exists? you really cant expect the gm's to be forum nerds like us.
    Aggrom - Zenjin - Kaylam - Ciryll
    Ghallanda

    Playing DDO since April 2006

  12. #12
    Community Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    1,701

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ap0k View Post
    what i was trying to bring across was, that its usually not the GM's fault. They have pretty clear instructions and work with databases that Turbine gives them. If the DB doesnt have a certain bug in it how would they know it exists? you really cant expect the gm's to be forum nerds like us.
    Lol.

    Can't we though? I mean, shouldn't Turbine, at the very least, hire people that have actually played the game?

    It's like the old phrase, never trust a thin cook.

    I mean, are they getting paid so low they can't afford to play the game too?

    (By the way, if GMs get paid minimum wage or something, then I take back this post.)

  13. #13
    Community Member Fomori's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Chicago - western burbs
    Posts
    1,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countfitz View Post
    Lol.

    Can't we though? I mean, shouldn't Turbine, at the very least, hire people that have actually played the game?

    It's like the old phrase, never trust a thin cook.

    I mean, are they getting paid so low they can't afford to play the game too?

    (By the way, if GMs get paid minimum wage or something, then I take back this post.)
    I think that you are expecting too much here. There are probably some very talented customer service people that do not need to play the game and there are going to be those that have played the game, but are incompetent.

    In any customer service and tech support position there are great, horrible, and in between. Also, management plays a role in that as well. When I did internet tech support we kept a few people that were just **** poor, but sucked up to the supervisor and were not let go.
    Last edited by Fomori; 09-17-2012 at 04:06 PM.
    Male Fairy: "Dont cry my dear. You know what I do when I'm sad?"
    Felicia Day Fairy: "Look douchy..."

    Quote Originally Posted by mournbladereigns View Post
    Actually, if this Nerf's one of Shade's barb's I doubly support this!

  14. #14
    Community Member Ap0k's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    247

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by countfitz View Post
    Lol.

    Can't we though? I mean, shouldn't Turbine, at the very least, hire people that have actually played the game?

    It's like the old phrase, never trust a thin cook.

    I mean, are they getting paid so low they can't afford to play the game too?

    (By the way, if GMs get paid minimum wage or something, then I take back this post.)
    so you expect the gms to work in their free time, gotcha.
    Aggrom - Zenjin - Kaylam - Ciryll
    Ghallanda

    Playing DDO since April 2006

  15. #15
    Community Member donfilibuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    Was easier to misclick before the barter window, people ocasionally complained about it.
    Since they already worked on it doubt there would be further changes.
    Still, a confirmation dialog is always a good suggestion.

  16. #16
    Community Member -Avalon-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    596

    Default

    I have yet to encounter problems with crafting of any sort... but I can give a small gripe about GM support... The only interactions I have had with them was when I asked where the TP I was supposed to have gotten for subbing the game back when it first came out... and they said they had given it to me already, but when asked, "Ok, so if I got these TP, where did they go? What did I do with these TP that I supposedly received?" They said that they could not tell me... right, because they don't keep logs of what people buy and don't buy? So, when someone says they bought an experience elixir, but never received one, they have no idea if they are telling the truth but give them another just in case?!? No... they have to have records, but for whatever reason, they chose not to tell the account holder what happened to points that he was supposed to receive but never saw...

    The other time, was on a shroud run I got stuck on first phase, tried /stuck, and for whatever reason, it popped me back to the entrance to raid (with no portal)... I sent in a ticket almost immediately, because it should have popped me to a place very recently visited (which given the amount of time between portal opening and when it closes, means the recent position would have been IN phase 1)... I sat there waiting for over 15 minutes, the raid was fighting Harry when I said screw it and left...

    About 10 minutes later, GM sends me a message saying what can they do to help... Really? The other raid had already finished the entire shroud run... I told the GM about it, and they said, well, unfortunately it is a first come first served method of helping players, and they could not get to me until just then. /smh... Raids take 20-40 minutes at most, and from when we entered to when the GM replied was at least 30 minutes...

    GM support should not be FCFS, it should be a Triage type approach, where the problems are prioritized based on severity and necessity of immediate assistance. For instance, if someone logs in, and finds there +5 weapon is a +4, that could probably wait a little while. Someone who gets trapped inside the world (fell below ground) and cannot unstuck themselves through any means... That probably requires more immediate attention, right?

    If while questing, a 4th lvl adventurer finds a +4 Tome, Sword of Shadows, or Bloodstone in Kobold Assault chest... then sends in a bug/ticket... I bet they don't do FCFS on that... I bet they find out IMMEDIATELY how that happened and fix it... If they have such great assistance and expedient work on those issues, then they should be able to treat people who pay their salaries with the same respect.
    Danse Mortelle - Deadly Rogue
    Aes Sedai - Pure Healer/Walking Shrine
    Leader of Lords of Chaos on Fernia

  17. #17
    Community Member donfilibuster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    4,452

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by -Avalon- View Post
    I have yet to encounter problems with crafting of any sort... but I can give a small gripe about GM support... The only interactions I have had with them was when I asked where the TP I was supposed to have gotten for subbing the game back when it first came out... and they said they had given it to me already, but when asked, "Ok, so if I got these TP, where did they go? What did I do with these TP that I supposedly received?" They said that they could not tell me... right, because they don't keep logs of what people buy and don't buy? So, when someone says they bought an experience elixir, but never received one, they have no idea if they are telling the truth but give them another just in case?!? No... they have to have records, but for whatever reason, they chose not to tell the account holder what happened to points that he was supposed to receive but never saw...
    Unfortunately the In-Game support don't readily redirect you or the ticket to the appropiate channel.
    They could point us right away to account support, which are the ones that track your tp and store purchases.

    The most recent ticket system has a smaller selection of categories which indeed match the things they normally help with:
    General Questions, Hacked, Harassment, Spam, Stuck and Bans.

    The ugly one is the first option that is labeled Bug Report, that one is certainly confusing.
    Should maybe be removed, clarified or narrowed with further options.

    When in doubt better let the GM sort it before trying to self-fix it.
    Being stuck in the Shroud is a good example, the GM would have moved you manually while still stuck.

    Likewise store stuff sales are final so if you bought the wrong thing first thing to do is to contact them.
    For example, if you get destinies by mistake instead of the bundle, they won't refund if you went ahead and took the bundle.
    Account support do respond to tickets and can check your items, log and inventory.
    Last edited by donfilibuster; 09-17-2012 at 11:58 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

This form's session has expired. You need to reload the page.

Reload