Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There is no point in any L20 build (ie, 1 barb/19 sorc or 20 sorc) since the most efficient way to get to L20 is to hold levels at L18 which lets you get full XP out of more quests.

There is probably no way to actually level a 3d life in 24 clock hours. There is every possibility of leveling a 3d life in 24 quest hours. The problem is time lost in getting groups together, buffing, traveling to the quest, stopping for bio, etc.

Add to that the restrictions of no friends, guild, minimal gear, etc. and it becomes more of an issue.

As far as strategy, there is really little reason to hold levels until L18. With a bit of planning you can select quests and run them the optimal number of times to get most XP and never have to worry about being above level.

Also, always maintain the elite streak. On a 3d life you can open elite directly so should always do that first time thru.

IMO greater tomes of learning and XP potions make it a lot easier. Any buff to XP that you can get is a buff you should get. Run on an XP weekend if possible.

Certainly doable if run Friday thru Sunday. But, in 24 clock hours -- that would be a lot of work and I'm not sure it could actually be done unless you had a preset group.

Just to mention few facts: those OR guys who made it in 27 hours duoed it and they had 20% xp holiday bonus. But still it is great achievement, but you have to realize that 20% xp boost gives you cca 800k xp for free.

I rly doubt you can TR2 in 24 hours solo. You need to have at least 1 person to run with you and you both need to know the quests well. It really saves you a LOT of time when you split in quests and it saves you time in most of quests for harbor to reaver refugee. Then you have to know exactly which enhancements to take, which skills to boost, which spells to take etc. You have to prepare equipment which you will wear on different levels and you have to prepare it in advance. The best option is to run together with 2 more ppl. If you want to make such an achievement you have to reduce the time outside the quests – this is very important. The best char for such TR zerg is imo 19 sorc/1barb. You dont need to run quests with rogue, every trap in game or better to say every trap in the quests you need to run in TR2 zerg run can be avoided.

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    There is probably no way to actually level a 3d life in 24 clock hours. There is every possibility of leveling a 3d life in 24 quest hours. The problem is time lost in getting groups together, buffing, traveling to the quest, stopping for bio, etc.
    as someone pointed out, OR guys zerged TR2 in 27 hours - they had onl 20%xp pot running, if they had 30% xp pot, they would done it. not to forget, that sometime you can have 30% heroic xp boost. so under those conditions, you are able to make it. bio / eating is not so big problem if you are duoing
    Last edited by krtkoo; 09-21-2012 at 03:35 AM.

Interesting reading.

It would be very difficult to say No Friends, yet let a person put up public group looking for party members.
    It might be either solo only, anyone available, or a limited number of people available.
    Solo only makes certain quests such as Bloody Crypt less desirable.
    Public groups only brings the possibility of people deliberately trying to sabotage, possibly for a kickback?

One might ponder how this million dollars would financed?
    That might alter the condidtions involved.

Sports events can sometimes offer big payoffs due to large amounts of televsion viewers, prompting sponsers to pay more for advertising spots.

A video game could be taped I guess then viewed on a website.
    I guess that could generate revenue?
    ____ thousand(s) dollars might be more realist in nature.
    A contest to sponsor a game would be likely to pay out that amount.

Even something like a life time membership (worth maybe one or more thousand) would attract people.

my solution:

I pay FTS 500,000 dollars if he can do it - I leave all these mundane details up to him
    Ex Euro player from devourer: Charaters on orien(Officer of Under Estimated & Nightfox): Wrothgar, Cobolt, Shadeweaver, TheMetal, Metaphysical, Allfred, Razortusk and many more.
    stuff by me: http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php...02#post4938302

Quote Originally Posted by Silverleafeon View Post
    Interesting reading.
    Well, I'm doubtful that any reasonable person reading something in a game forum would actually believe that there was an offer being made to pay real money to 3d life TR in under 24 hours. IMO it is just an attention getter and nothing more.

But, when you look at all of the restrictions, which are not presented in legal terms (a big hint that no real money is being offered), it is clear that the challenge is simply too large. Some of the restrictions are too vague to have meaning -- for example, minimal gear. What, exactly, does that mean?

So, the idea is simply to present a topic for us to discuss. I think that looking at what OR did in ~27 hours shows that, even with preparation and excellent cooperation, it is very difficult when run with friends/guild mates. Since both of those are also prohibited it seems, IMO, that the most reasonable response is, "Can't be done."

Now, I will reiterate that it is possible to get to L20 on a 3d life in ~24 hours of in-quest time. And, it is possible to do that if you rely entirely on solo and pug quests.

I am currently on a 3d life with one character and working my way through a (old) leveling guide. At the moment I am right on the mark of ~12 hours through L10. And, I've intentionally altered some of the quest choices to eliminate those that require openers or windowing (like Thrall of the Necromancer) to take into account the ability to solo if necessary.

I will note that "solo" in this case means "with no other living people running characters." It does not mean "without hires."

There are some quests that will be easier to do when grouped and eventually I will probably post LFMs to run them. But, total time inside the quests will end up being right around that 24 hour mark.

Actual real life time is going to run about a month (allowing for real life distractions, time spent on forums and "oooh, shiney" moments).

Quote Originally Posted by Therigar View Post
    But, total time inside the quests will end up being right around that 24 hour mark.
    Good luck. You are timing via xp pots I assume? I honestly think you are underestimating your time a bit. 12 hours in at level 10 is not on schedule for a 24 hour TR because of the xp curve (although the latter half of the levels do have better xp/min). From 12 hrs at 10 I would put you closer to a 40 hour completion.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

Quote Originally Posted by Inferno346 View Post
    Good luck. You are timing via xp pots I assume? I honestly think you are underestimating your time a bit. 12 hours in at level 10 is not on schedule for a 24 hour TR because of the xp curve (although the latter half of the levels do have better xp/min). From 12 hrs at 10 I would put you closer to a 40 hour completion.
    I am timing via XP pots and am actually under the 12 hours at L10. I was just generalizing.

I agree that the second 10 levels should take a bit longer as there are some places that look to be slow spots. But, this is my first try at doing this and I could have been much more efficient in quests -- something I assume somebody really focused on getting there the fastest would be doing.

The only other thing that I'll make note of is that the leveling guide I'm working from does not include the latest quests. I haven't really taken a look at that side of it.

But, my worst case feel right now is that it will be under 30 in quest hours and that is doing just about everything solo.

Based on personal experience, I vote for 1 barb splash faster overall than pure sorc, especially in groups, but even solo. You always want that next spell up to about level 12, then you don't care. For the rest of the levels it's pure gravy. So maybe you take that 1 barb at level 13? Haven't tried that yet, I always took it at level 1.

My impression is that 35-40 hours quest time is 'standard' for people who are serious about getting the life done. I usually take about 80-120 hours because I run inefficient quests that I happen to like. I don't repeat quests mostly. I also spend time teaching new players how to run quests. I putter about with different gear, feats and enhancements and generally 'waste' time.
    Last edited by Djeserit; 09-22-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djeserit View Post
    Based on personal experience, I vote for 1 barb splash faster overall than pure sorc, especially in groups, but even solo. You always want that next spell up to about level 12, then you don't care. For the rest of the levels it's pure gravy. So maybe you take that 1 barb at level 13? Haven't tried that yet, I always took it at level 1.
    It depends on playstyle, really. For someone good enough to keep up 3k xp/min solo, level 2 is the sweet spot to take the barb level imo.
    Thelanis: Takhysys, Tenauch, Vitriolus, Kalav, Leprous

I used to take it at level 2 (can't at 1 as can't take a metamagic feat otherwise) but recently I like taking it at lvl 7...once you get fireball and firesavant 1 (or acid blast/earth savant1) that is a massive increase in killing speed/power.

Level 8 for acid rain or firewall is a nice jump as well, but I tend to be using those less than fireball at level 6-12 anyway as fireball is 1 or 2 shotting most things and is much faster.

After 1 barb level any other character feels like they are wearing lead boots when running around...it is rediculously addicting.

Community Member

3040 xp per minute = 4,378,500 xp in 24 hours. Lets assume that 33% of your game time is spent not getting xp, so we will MATH and call it 4560 xp per minute minimum per quest over 16 hours of questing. This means you should have 16 hours of questing and 8 hours of everything else. Since we are getting paid 1 million bucks I'm gonna spend 200$ outright on ddo store sp pots, xp pots and xp tomes. Toon would be 1 arti 1 barb 16 sorc. There's plenty of good XP power level guides so I wont bother to rehash one of those, most people know the efficient xp farms and leveling procedure. I forgot the xp bonuses grated by tomes and pots and streaks but i think there was upwards of 50% guaranteed bonus to all xp and then another like 80% for first elite runs. Factoring in all the available xp bonuses will reduce the xp per minute down to somewhere around 3-3.5k per minute. I think it is quite doable, has probably been done already, and on far less zergish builds. I also think that 1/3 of play time not in quests is a large over estimate. I could realistically picture someone doing 20 hours in quest 4 hours out which makes your needed xp per minute even lower.

Also to comment on the talk about when to take multiclass levels, when I played this toon i took arti at 1 and barb at 2.
    Last edited by Eighnuss; 09-23-2012 at 04:27 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12