Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Server Merge

Community Member ~Jenghiz_the_Feared's Avatar

Question Server Merge

Sarlonians, Do you guys think Sarlona needs another Merger?
    Without Evil there cannot be any Good

Community Member HungarianRhapsody's Avatar

It could merge with Wayfarer. No one would notice.

I wouldn't mind.
    Distributed - Currently on life 72.

one big server!
    Please consider your future in DDO and invest in HP.
    Quote Originally Posted by sweez View Post
    And when you do it everyone's like "omg I want to give birth to that guy's BABIES!".

One server to rule them a... no wait wrong game.

one server is bad, there would be so much lag that turbine would make a quest called "try to run without lagging"
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

the reason there was a server merge in the 1rst place is becasue the servers werent populated enough, there was 12-16? iirc, could be wrong tho.
    Quote Originally Posted by MajMalphunktion View Post
    Damn you forum folk...damn you all!!

Sarlona is in decent shape, comparably speaking. Yeah, it could certainly be better but it is not as bad as Cannith or Orien. I wouldn't object if they merged one of those two servers into Sarlona, though.

Really, the biggest difference I've noticed in activity on Sarlona came during the early morning/afternoon hours which were primetime for the Eastern Hemisphere. Sarlona used to be the central hub for foreign players, particularly the Chinese. A year ago, you'd see lots of Guoren LFMs up from about 1 am to 11 am EST, now you hardly see any. This leads me to believe most of the Chinese players moved on to other games, probably Diablo III and Guild Wars 2.
    Last edited by djl; 09-15-2012 at 07:52 PM.

NO.

It needs to ostracize the drama and negative rep spewing peeps.

Can that be arranged?

"Multi-Classing: If you don't know what you are doing...please don't do it."
    Arkkanoz / Barbarrus / BoarAxe / Bruttus / Dahlamaar / Dexxaan / Dominattrix / Gregorius / Inquisittor / Mechanikkus / Predattor / Suntzzu / Valkeerya

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    one server is bad, there would be so much lag that turbine would make a quest called "try to run without lagging"
    That's different to how it is now... How?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by djl View Post
    Really, the biggest difference I've noticed in activity on Sarlona came during the early morning/afternoon hours which were primetime for the Eastern Hemisphere. Sarlona used to be the central hub for foreign players, particularly the Chinese. A year ago, you'd see lots of Guoren LFMs up from about 1 am to 11 am EST, now you hardly see any. This leads me to believe most of the Chinese players moved on to other games, probably Diablo III and Guild Wars 2.
    I've noticed this as well.

There were times over the summer that it was easier to find a PUG with Chinese players during those hours than it was during prime US hours. Now I don't see them nearly as much.

Community Member ~Jenghiz_the_Feared's Avatar

Can only wish that the server would be more populated. I remember the good ole' days when Sarlona was happening... I player can only wish
    Without Evil there cannot be any Good

As a non-chinese speaking person, I'm kinda happy the sheer amount of guo ren lfms has decreased relatively speaking.
    Nerdrage/Endgame ~ Sarlona
    Ekkehart (human PM) - Hammet (WF AM) - Cerussite (helf THF kensei) - Anordineth (helf dark monk)
    Buy my stuff!

Community Member

I don't speak Chinese either, and at times would feel very out of place in a quest when everyone else was typing in Chinese and I couldn't follow.

But I had to look on the positive side:

1. Usually at least one of the Chinese players could use passable English -- better than I can say for Chinese.
    2. More options is better than fewer options. If I was in that group, it's because it was the best group option for me at the time.
    3. IMO, Americans can do with an occasional reminder of how it feels to have everyone around you speaking a language you don't understand.

Quote Originally Posted by Qaliya View Post
    I don't speak Chinese either, and at times would feel very out of place in a quest when everyone else was typing in Chinese and I couldn't follow.

But I had to look on the positive side:

1. Usually at least one of the Chinese players could use passable English -- better than I can say for Chinese.
    2. More options is better than fewer options. If I was in that group, it's because it was the best group option for me at the time.
    3. IMO, Americans can do with an occasional reminder of how it feels to have everyone around you speaking a language you don't understand.
    This. At least it presented an option -- even if you couldn't understand them, chances are you could still complete quests. At any rate, seeing a bunch of Guoren LFMs is far more inviting when you log in than seeing a blank, black screen.

Community Member

I think Sarlona could use a good influx of players, probably like every other server in DDO. Not sure that means it needs a merger with another server. Seems to me like DDO needs to get more people into/to come back to the game.
    Main toon Gromphia I have others but that is really the only one I play

Cannith could use a server merge.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Honestly I would love a merge. It would balance out the economy a bit, involve more lfm's with faster filling (especially during the slow time), get to know new people, and really just pick up the game a bit. With the stretched level cap, and new mod, the game's been kind of split imo. So maybe no Sarlona + Khyber, but something more subtle like with one of the less populated Orien/Cannith servers to pick it up a bit.
    ~Juggles~

Community Member Marco_Targaryen's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zarthak View Post
    Yep one server is really bad, not all servers have problems with lfms even if we have noticed a significant decrease during certain times.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Battlemaster Teblyn Dun'Robar
    Who are you? And why have you rung the bell?
    Thelanis: I Granchi Aviatori - Legit Multigaming Guild
    Vyserion - Rhaenyss - Lohras - Vickon - Deanerys - Elzasoul - Gehrold

Community Member

You think Sarlona is bad?

You should see Wayfinder......sometimes only 5-10 people online who are level 20+

And Turbine didnt listen to us either...so dont expect that they do anything about it
    Wayfinder: Drache-V26, Taragon-V4 Quarterstaff-Bot, Iridal-Cleric, Xar-Level 4 Mule

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast