Community Member

Default Crafting Good aligned kit not working?

Having managed to achieve the giddy crafting levels of 100, and having pulled a Flametouched Iron quarterstaff, I made myself a nice Metalline Flametouched Iron Qstaff of Evil Outsider Bane.

A nice little DR breaker, I thought: Flametouched Iron: good aligned. Metalline: silver or cold iron. Evil outsiders: dead!

Not so:

Note the weapon description on the right saying "A flame touched iron weapon is treated as a good aligned weapon", and the slightly contradictory combat log stating "...after 5 were blocked by good damage reduction"

A few levels ago I was pottering though Delera's Tomb, attempting to beat up Ghostly Skeletons with a crafted Holy Qstaff, and getting similar "...blocked by good damage reduction" messages.

So: is crafted Good-Aligned stuff simply not working at the moment?

P.S. Sorry for the gigantic screenie; I tried shrinking it and all the text got unreadable...

Community Member

Default A bug?

I've noticed this too. I'm not sure if it is a bug or not but as bug reporting seems to be bugged it is definitely worth bringing up in the forums as a second resort

Shillelagh seems to strip all alignment DR-breaking from crafted quarterstaves. Try letting the effect expire and then relogging.

Community Member

Default Ah-ha

I'll give that a go. Thanks for the tip!

Community Member

Default Bingo!

Thank you Xoowak, you're right on the money with that.

A quick re-log, bobbed back into Invaders, no Shillelagh, and DR's broken just fine. Cast Shillelagh, and it's all stuffed.

Now I've just got to weigh DR vs Shillelagh for each Evil Outsider I encounter... oh well, it keeps the old grey matter working, I suppose!