Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Shade View Post
    Also never seen lacerating on a high lvl weapon, only low/mid, may not be possible on a +16/17 due to how the tables work.
    I think 14/15/16 has seen small tweaks to the loot tables. I swear I have some stuff from a few updates ago that is impossible to generate now (like lacerating on a mid-teens weapon).

"Mauling" is the interim step.
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane

Can someone better at math than I answer this one. Is a +6 holy burst falchion of superior bloodletting better dps than a +5 flametouched iron voltic greatsword of the sun? On non fort mobs I would guess the falchion is better but not a math wiz.

Also, do the bursting and bloodletting effects proc if you roll within the crit range even if you don't actually bypass their fort? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by DethTrip; 11-28-2012 at 11:56 AM.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoogroves View Post
    I think 14/15/16 has seen small tweaks to the loot tables. I swear I have some stuff from a few updates ago that is impossible to generate now (like lacerating on a mid-teens weapon).

"Mauling" is the interim step.
    Just saw a level 21 item with lacerating yesterday.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Can someone better at math than I answer this one. Is a +6 holy burst falchion of superior bloodletting better dps than a +5 flametouched iron voltic greatsword of the sun? On non fort mobs I would guess the falchion is better but not a math wiz.

Also, do the bursting and bloodletting effects proc if you roll within the crit range even if you don't actually bypass their fort? Thanks in advance.
    I haven't used a bloodletting weapon yet, but the burst effects go off regardless of fortification. I would assume bloodletting does as well, since all other "on-critical" weapon effects I've seen work that way. They trigger on the roll, but they aren't considered part of the critical hit itself.
    ---------------------------------------
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

From what I've pulled and seen on the AH most of the really good prefix + suffix weapons and armors end up as +2 enhancement bonus since they hit the +16 cap really easy. Best pull so far is a greatsword +2 wailing of obscenity and some cosmic of supreme good handwraps. Also got a planeforged heavy plate +2 primal of omniscience. Still havent decided which gimp gets the greatsword tossing up between my wf fvs but I barely play him or my TR thf kensai that needs capping.

AH wise I've seen 2 sceptres of +2 tempetous of supreme law and I think the other was +2 tempetous of supreme chaos and a light crossbow weakening of a thousand suns such great base weapons for those mixes >.<
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Quote Originally Posted by Mercureal View Post
    I haven't used a bloodletting weapon yet, but the burst effects go off regardless of fortification. I would assume bloodletting does as well, since all other "on-critical" weapon effects I've seen work that way. They trigger on the roll, but they aren't considered part of the critical hit itself.
    Thanks for your reply. Also, just from using it in battle, the greatsword I referred to seemed to do more dps.
    If you're having fun, then you're doing it right.

Centre of the Universe-ish, winterland version

I just did a very quick and dirty comparison, and in general the falchion should do more damage. Here's how I broke it down, just with base damage and extra damage effects, assuming hitting on a 2. I didn't factor critical hit damage into it:

Falchion
    2d4 base dmg = 5 average per hit
    enhancement = 6/
    holy = 7/ vs evil
    holy burst = 63/20 attack cycle = 3.3 avg/
    bloodletter = 273/20 attack cycle = 14.3 avg/

Greatsword
    2d6base dmg = 7 average per hit
    enhancement = 5/
    voltaic = 7/
    incandescence = 3.5/
    flaming blast = 36/20 attack cycle = 1.9 avg/

They're about the same without the bloodletter damage, but that seriously outclasses the extra burst damage from the GS (assuming it triggers automatically on a critical hit roll). Then when you add in the bigger critical range for a falchion it pulls ahead even more. Based on spreadsheet analysis, anyway...
    Last edited by Mercureal; 12-06-2012 at 03:22 PM.
    * Thelanis - Mercure *
    C.L.A.W. (Council of Law and War)

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    What about the other Drow weapons, in particular khopeshs? The SoS on there, is that a Reg SoS or an ESoS?
    Quote Originally Posted by Yaga_Nub View Post
    Things are worth whatever someone will pay for them.

Quote Originally Posted by DethTrip View Post
    Yes, they do.

It's also worth mentioning that despite the names, "bloodletting" "heartseeking" and "ribcracking" do not require blood, hearts or ribs to work. My bloodletter falchion "bleeds" the training dummy dry on the ship. Meaning they work on constructs. I believe they work on undead as well.

It's essentially untyped crit damage, akin to maiming. This really gives the blood/heart/rib effects a nice boost in usefulness.

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by EllisDee37 View Post
    Yes, they do.

It's also worth mentioning that despite the names, "bloodletting" "heartseeking" and "ribcracking" do not require blood, hearts or ribs to work. My bloodletter falchion "bleeds" the training dummy dry on the ship. Meaning they work on constructs. I believe they work on undead as well.

It's essentially untyped crit damage, akin to maiming. This really gives the blood/heart/rib effects a nice boost in usefulness.
    I understood that for example bloodletting is slashing damage, thus working on almost anything, even constructs and undead and stuff that don't have blood. But not on skeletons with their DR/bludgeoning and those cats with DR/piercing.
    Likewise I expect heartseeking and ribcracking not to work on zombies with DR/slashing.

Quote Originally Posted by RoelHeeswijk View Post
    I understood that for example bloodletting is slashing damage, thus working on almost anything, even constructs and undead and stuff that don't have blood. But not on skeletons with their DR/bludgeoning and those cats with DR/piercing.
    Likewise I expect heartseeking and ribcracking not to work on zombies with DR/slashing.
    It works on those mobs, the damage is only slightly reduced by their DR.
    Main: Amossa d'Cannith, Sarlona, casually trying Completionist [<o>]

Almost-never-played-alts: Arquera - Chapolin - Fabber - Herweg - Mecanico - Tenma

I want DDO to be a better game. Those are my personal suggestions on: Ammunition, Archmage, Combat Stances, Deities, Dispel Magic, Epic Destiny Map, Fast Healing, Favor, Favored Enemy, Half-elf Enhancements, Monk Stances, Past Life, Potency, Potions, Ranger Spells, Summons, Tiered Loot.

Default damage cap?

What is this damage cap you guys are talking about?

- some people have said it's +16, others +17.

Is it a cap on how large the set bonuses to damage can be, including every possible bonus? Like, enhancement, past life and weapon +, set bonuses, etc?

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chronotrip View Post
    What about the other Drow weapons, in particular khopeshs? The SoS on there, is that a Reg SoS or an ESoS?
    it's regular sos. added drow khopesh

Quote Originally Posted by Singular View Post
    What is this damage cap you guys are talking about?
    - some people have said it's +16, others +17.
    people are talking about the base price modifier
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Base_price_modifier
    some information in the article might be obsolete, because the article was not yet updated with epic levels info

For trash beaters, wouldn't something like Erosive of Radiance be ideal? Probably useless in EE, but Greater Stone Prison seems to go off a lot on EH. Blinding stuff is like having Displacement, but even 4d6 light damage isn't something to be sneezed at. I will definately be keeping an eye out for Obscenity weapons, those would be very useful in EE and would be my ideal suffix. Debilitation is another good suffix if you can't get a Drow/Duergar weapon. Not sure what the crafting level of some of those combinations would work out to, so maybe Erosive of Radiance isn't possible.
    Last edited by Nitesco; 12-31-2012 at 11:53 AM.

I personally like the prefix Ante as in Antecedent.

For suffixes I am all about the -ness. It implies state of being.

I like Anteness, before being.

Thumbs up

I've got a +7 Flaming Burst Dwarven Axe of Mangling where Mangling is Phlebotomizing + Superior Bloodletter. Damage wise this weapon beats ALL the dwarven axes ingame and it will be even more powerful when risia games hits servers because it will have added Festival Icy Burst.
    Guild Leader of "GODS - Guardians Of the Dragon Sanctuary" on Cannith --- My Characters: Zavarthak (20 Barbarian Frenzied/Ravager DPS - MAIN), Ryumajin (Warlock,), Leohands (Evocation FVS firstlife), Galvano (Paladin TWF). - If you like or find useful my posts, consider adding reputation.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitesco View Post
    For trash beaters, wouldn't something like Erosive of Radiance be ideal? Probably useless in EE, but Greater Stone Prison seems to go off a lot on EH. Blinding stuff is like having Displacement, but even 4d6 light damage isn't something to be sneezed at. I will definately be keeping an eye out for Obscenity weapons, those would be very useful in EE and would be my ideal suffix. Debilitation is another good suffix if you can't get a Drow/Duergar weapon. Not sure what the crafting level of some of those combinations would work out to, so maybe Erosive of Radiance isn't possible.
    +4 Erosive of Radiance is possible, but Erosive is a pretty rare prefix. +5 may be possible in very high level chests too.

Still IMO it's all about Obscenity.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Quote Originally Posted by sirgog View Post
    Still IMO it's all about Obscenity.
    This. I'd love for my wailing of obscenity handwraps to be a greatsword instead. Prefer it on my fighter rather than my monk.

Quote Originally Posted by rest View Post
    This. I'd love for my wailing of obscenity handwraps to be a greatsword instead. Prefer it on my fighter rather than my monk.

I messed about with erosive there kinda junk alchemical earth t1 procs alot more since you get the earthgrab too.

Handwrap wise it sucks farming them but you can keep trying for decent random gen from the Eveningstar challenges. Managed some +6 force burst lightning strike silver of life stealing (1-3neg levels on crits). Just get teh stuff you need for one then if they suck trade them for about 30% of your ingredients back. Then you only need to do a couple of runs to try again.
    Last edited by K_0tiC; 01-01-2013 at 05:04 AM.
    Officer of Renowned

Thelanis

(Click here too check us out)

Polverizing The Wise, Dotting The Cleanser, Polarities The Undying, Sosage The Killer, Shootin The piercer & many more holders of items.

Quote Originally Posted by K_0tiC View Post

I messed about with erosive there kinda junk alchemical earth t1 procs alot more since you get the earthgrab too.

Handwrap wise it sucks farming them but you can keep trying for decent random gen from the Eveningstar challenges. Managed some +6 force burst lightning strike silver of life stealing (1-3neg levels on crits). Just get teh stuff you need for one then if they suck trade them for about 30% of your ingredients back. Then you only need to do a couple of runs to try again.

Yeah saw that one posted a few pages back. It's smexy!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12