Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Community Member

Default Best prefix and suffix for damage?

I'm thinking Annihilating and Mauling... Or maybe hemorrhaging... Ehhh. What do you guys think? Is there math for this yet? My poor paladin needs more dps.

Community Member akiraproject24's Avatar

Are the weapons you speak of limited to only random generated? What you already mentioned are pretty good all rounders. You could also begin to set up more specific sets meant for specific types/races etc aka smiting for construct etc...The alchemical weapons from Lord of Blades/Master Artificer are also very nice. For my Pally I have always liked the ESOS. Drow weapons, while lacking in suffix/prefix have huge base damage and extended crit range. They are adamantine by default and include maiming.
    If you happened to be dwarf or had the feat for dwarven axes, the Duegar dwarven axes are pretty sick too 3d10 and with imp crit slash crit 17-20.
    ThwartedFhalhaenaWrekkinWrexxMaisterThwarteddHematemesisRhayzedOffensiveReduction
    Pimpin toons since 2006

If your just talking random loot gen then a Auroral (3d6 Light) or Cosmic (3d6 Force) of Supreme Good (3d6 Good vs non Good) is probably the best.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

what kinda weapon, and what kinda level?

The oathblade from PDK commendation turn-ins is rather nice
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDuck81 View Post
    The oathblade from PDK commendation turn-ins is rather nice
    That's what I'm going to get for my sword-n-board FvS.

Damage that's untyped or force will work on pretty much anything.

After that, you have to start carrying an arsenal of weapons.

maybe:
    Phlebotomizing of a Thousand Suns

Phlebotomizing: 3d8 bleed
    A Thousand Suns: Brilliance (d6 light burst), Fiery Detonation, Greater Sunburst

Fiery det and Greater sunburst are basically decently powerful version of DBF/Sunburst spells procs. (FD is on a vorpal strike so 5%, and GS reported to be around 4-5% also)

So should be fairly effective against anything besides stuff with evasion or fire/light resist. Otherwise a greater bane would probably be better (+4 +3d6)

one issue with this combo is they are both +7 bpm's though. And current max enchantment mod is +16. so youd only have a +2 enhancement. Or +3 RR.

Due to that a +6/7 Phlebotomizing X of Greater bane would likely win in most cases.

That and the chances of getting those together on a decent wep is like one in a million, and only from very high lvl loot.

Disapointed they never put Epic Banes in the tables. They would of really made random loot interesting again.

2015 DDO Players Council FuzzyDuck81's Avatar

Wasn't phlebotomising a suffix, as the next in the bleeding/hemorrhaging progression?
    I don't mean to come across as unsympathetic - but I am, so I do.

Yes Phlebotomising is a suffix.

Cosmic/Auroral of a thousand Suns or Tempestuous of Supreme good are probably best random lootgen out there for pure dps.

Best I can think of quickly is +7 Holy of Phlebotomizing for bosses. (Weapons cap out at +17 equivalent and I think that combination would be +17).

Obscenity (the highest tier of Negative Energy Spike) should outperform everything else on trash due to having Life Stealing.

Edit: I'm wrong, checked a Phle... on the Khyber AH. It's +7 equivalent. So +6 Holy Burst of Phle is possible. There's also some other prefixes of note - Desert Sand, the better version of Dynamo, and possibly others.
    Last edited by sirgog; 09-14-2012 at 07:00 AM.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

Heavenly wrath must be my favorite suffix. 2d6 pure good, 2d6 light, almost anything in the game takes both.
    And more damage than phlebotomizing (13.5) or thousand suns (3.5+2.2+2.6+5.1=13.4, though 7.7 of that is AOE so arguably more damaging)

+X Tempestuous (7+9.15+7.44=23.6) of Heavenly Wrath (14) is likely the most damage you can get single target.
    (Although I woudn't mind getting an auroral of Heavenly Wrath either for the nicer damage type.)

Unless you're up against a zombie, in which case tempestuous of disruption would top absolutely anything.

If you aren't talking merely loot-gen, then a cormyrian weapon could be nice. Get 2-4 effects depending on level you generate (3 at 16, 3 at 20, 4 at 24 IIRC). An amazing combo you could get from that would be holy, paralyzing, wounding, and lightning strike if you got a lvl 24 version. However, this would be extremely rare so you would probably have to settle for less if you wanted to go cormryian. Otherwise, sirgog and shade are probably right about the most dps on a lootgen weapon.
    Light path Metaru
    Festivult meets the Ice Games
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosco View Post
    Dear Very Concerned Customer,
    Buy a rez cake.

Quote Originally Posted by akiraproject24 View Post
    Are the weapons you speak of limited to only random generated? What you already mentioned are pretty good all rounders. You could also begin to set up more specific sets meant for specific types/races etc aka smiting for construct etc...The alchemical weapons from Lord of Blades/Master Artificer are also very nice. For my Pally I have always liked the ESOS. Drow weapons, while lacking in suffix/prefix have huge base damage and extended crit range. They are adamantine by default and include maiming.
    If you happened to be dwarf or had the feat for dwarven axes, the Duegar dwarven axes are pretty sick too 3d10 and with imp crit slash crit 17-20.
    You are officially cut off from star wars movies lol
    Ok I realize I may be the only one who knows what the hell i'm talking about..i'm tired lol
    Obscurity

I like Radiance with +4d6 light damage and blindness.

OK, this has changed now.

+6 Holy Burst of Mangling is now the best possible I believe. +6 Holy Burst definitely beats +3 Cosmic.
    I don't have a zerging problem.

I'm zerging. That's YOUR problem.

Community Member

how about +7 tempestuous / lacerating?

Quote Originally Posted by cru121 View Post
    how about +7 tempestuous / lacerating?
    +6 Tempestuous of lacerating is
    7 [enhancement] + 7 [Voltaic] + 9.15 [LS] + 7.44 [Slicing Winds] + 2.5 [Slicing] + 4.5 [Bleed] = 37.59 (doesn't change depending on crit profile)

+6 Holy Burst of Mangling on a khopesh is
    6 [enhancement] + 7 [Holy] + 20% * 14 [Burst] + 13.5 [Phlebotomizing] + 58.5 * 20% [Superior heartseeker] = 41

+6 Holy Burst of Mangling on wraps is
    6 [enhancement] + 7 [Holy] + 10% * 10.5 [Burst] + 13.5 [Phlebotomizing] + 45.5 * 10% [Superior ribcracker] = 32.1

So unless I'm mistaken, on weapon with a good crit profile (khopesh or even more so rapiers) +6 HB of Mangling is more DPS than "Tempestuous of lacerating" (and probably the highest DPS combination available).

On weapons with subpar crit profile such as wraps, +6 Tempestuous of lacerating is higher.

Edit: And holy burst of mangling is better for DR bypassing
    Last edited by nivarch; 11-27-2012 at 02:31 AM.

Community Member

Community Member

Quote Originally Posted by nivarch View Post
    +6 Tempestuous of lacerating is
    7 [enhancement] + 7 [Voltaic] + 9.15 [LS] + 7.44 [Slicing Winds] + 2.5 [Slicing] + 4.5 [Bleed] = 37.59 (doesn't change depending on crit profile)

+6 Holy Burst of Mangling on a khopesh is
    6 [enhancement] + 7 [Holy] + 20% * 14 [Burst] + 13.5 [Phlebotomizing] + 58.5 * 20% [Superior heartseeker] = 41

6 [enhancement] + 7 [Holy] + 10% * 10.5 [Burst] + 13.5 [Phlebotomizing] + 45.5 * 10% [Superior ribcracker] = 32.1

So unless I'm mistaken, on weapon with a good crit profile (khopesh or even more so rapiers) +6 HB of Mangling is more DPS than "Tempestuous of lacerating" (and probably the highest DPS combination available).

On weapons with subpar crit profile such as wraps, +6 Tempestuous of lacerating is higher.

Edit: And holy burst of mangling is better for DR bypassing
    Nice, hadn't seen any mangling yet.

But wouldn't +2 Tempestuous Khopesh of Mangling be:
    2 [enhancement] + 7 [Voltaic] + 9.15 [LS] + 7.44 [Slicing Winds] + 13.5 [Phlebotomizing] + 58.5 * 20% [Superior heartseeker] = 50.79

Quote Originally Posted by nivarch View Post
    Best combination apart... it would be not better practically a +7(or +6) holy of mangling of a monk? assuming he can slot holy burst on ring ofc
    ALL HAIL TO ITS SQUISHY-MAJESTY SIR KNORR, LORD OF OOZES AND MASTER OF SLIME
    http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=386688

Quote Originally Posted by RoelHeeswijk View Post
    Nice, hadn't seen any mangling yet.

But wouldn't +2 Tempestuous Khopesh of Mangling be:
    2 [enhancement] + 7 [Voltaic] + 9.15 [LS] + 7.44 [Slicing Winds] + 13.5 [Phlebotomizing] + 58.5 * 20% [Superior heartseeker] = 50.79
    http://ddowiki.com/page/Meteoric
    Slightly Better: Meteoric: 24.1 vs Tempestuous: 23.59
    +3 Meteoric of Khopesh Mangling

+7 [Blazing]
    +14.2 [Greater Incineration]
    +2.9 [Flaming Blast]
    11 * 20% = 2.2
    14 * 5% = 0.7

Also can add +25% - +50% to that for select mobs, where nothings really weak to lightning.

Enhancement can be +3 (7 +7 suf/prefx = 14, max = 17)
    I think anyways, maybe only get +17 on caster sticks?

Also never seen lacerating on a high lvl weapon, only low/mid, may not be possible on a +16/17 due to how the tables work.

Really best suffix atm for non red/purple named is actaully Obscenity though, negative levels can cause thousands of damage to high hp EE mobs, especially orange named.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast