Thread: Greensteel woes

Community Member

Default Greensteel woes

So I finished my second shroud run the night before last, and now feel I am officially an expert(kidding, obviously).

Anyway, through a comprehensive process of mostly just buying stuff on the AH, I've obtained all the ingredients required to complete my tier 1 and tier 2. I could have made the tier 1 on my first shroud run, I had the stuff then.

But after the second run I STILL do not have a Shard of Power. 3 of the darn things dropped on the first run, probably 5 on the second, but none for me I know I really just have to be patient but its so hard looking at this beautiful green-steel repeater and not being able to do anything with it!

Make it known before you start the run, and maybe again before the chests are popped, that you are looking for the shard because you're ready to craft at the end of that run...if someone pulls one, they'll usually be happy to give it to you because you're immediately ready to craft.

Keep running them shrouds bud, a lot of the time people put shards up for roll because, well after 100's of shroud runs they have too many. Try and jump into a shroud with level 25's in, not an exact science but theres a good chance they are just after 20 completions and have had enough shards anyway.

What server are you on?
    Level 20 commoner.

Community Member

Argonessum. Last run I wasn't ready to craft, I should be going in again tomorrow and I'll be sure to ask!

Sometimes people will run Part 1 multiple times looking for Power Shards - put up an lfm for it - just make sure everyone know you won't be completing any other parts.

Jules

Ladies - Mediclady, Elspyth, Warchantress, Bittt, Julez, LilBitt, Bucketoboltz, Skitty, Kerro, Wyntermoon, Kethrey, Kethree, Selany, Gypsie, Cassyopeya, Tinkerbelle, Dyanya, PallasAthene

2016 DDO Players Council kinggartk's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jules921 View Post
    Sometimes people will run Part 1 multiple times looking for Power Shards - put up an lfm for it - just make sure everyone know you won't be completing any other parts.

Jules

Better yet, finish all 5 parts, but exit before they hit the alter. You can store up some exta mediums and larges as you farm for that shard.
    Leader - Legion of Eberron (Cannith)
    Loromir
    Baldomir
    Weyoun
    Among others

Community Member

I'd honestly rather be patient than skip the end chests. The cost-difference between medium and large ingredients is ridiculous. I basically bought all of my tier 1 and 2 stuff for less than 250k. Most of the large ingredient cost more than that individually. I ran the numbers once and I'd need about 3.5 million plat. So... yeah, easiest to just keep doing runs.

I do find it hilarious though that I got a third-tier shard on my first run, but no first tier!!