Default House D/House K Vendor Improvment Idea

This is something I've been mulling over for a while now. Well, perhaps "since launch" would be another way of phrasing it.

The vendors in House D and K have a problem... their instances reset. Thus, making their goods a very limited time offer usually. I've seen people kindly park their alts in the vendors to keep the instance alive (this happened a lot more in the early days of the game), and it was a nice pubic service. But, why does it need to be this way? Is there not another way of making these merchants much more player-friendly?

I think so, and I think the answer to both House's problems can be found under the big red tent.

I'm not asking for them to be moved to the Marketplace, like the Jewelry vendor formerly of House P and the Clothing Vendor formerly of House J were moved. Rather, I'm asking for the pawn shops in K and D be moved outside their current instanced shops - and out into the House proper. Public instances with a much higher rate of population

The benefits of this would be two-fold.
    First off, it would vastly increase the time these merchants kept their wares. They'd be much more useable as a result - much like their Marketplace brethren. This would make the vendors much better for buying goods.

Secondly, it would help people to use them more - without the hassle of zoning into either House, then into either Fare Trades or Second Gauntlet Goods. Time zoning and selling that a lot of players don't want to spend between quests. This would help make the vendors better for selling goods.

How to do it:

In House D

1: shutter the current door to the shop.
    2: These collectors should be moved elsewhere. Not a big deal, House D has real-estate to spare. The brokers from the shop moved to their places.
    3: That tree - gotta go.
    4: Cover it with an awning or tent, ala the Marketplace - but in House D colors and with the Hand n Coins statue moved from the front of the store to the top of the tent.

In House K

1: this building has to go. Put in a short wall above the chasm as a backstop, and array the shop's brokers along said wall.
    2: Cover it with an awning or tent, ala the Marketplace - but in House K colors and with the Hand n Coins statue moved from the front of the store to the top of the tent.

I think that this change would be a great life-style change for the players - and increase the overall usefulness of these brokers. The outdoor vendor concept has proven to be unproblematic and useful to the players in the Marketplace, so imho it's time to expand that to the other houses.

Anyways, thanks for reading.

I am CaptainSpacePony and I approve this message.

Hmmm... maybe posting this just after server shut-downs was poor timing on my part.

Great idea. It wouldn't affect me personally because I deconstruct 99.99% of everything I find, but a good idea nonetheless.
    I'm sick of following my dreams, man. I'm just gonna ask 'em where they're going and hook up with 'em later on - Mitch Hedberg
    Silverweb - Silverwren - Silverware - Daydream - Dubbelklik

Quote Originally Posted by Memnir View Post
    Hmmm... maybe posting this just after server shut-downs was poor timing on my part.
    On the other hand, you probably had some time on your hands. I used it to try (fail) to sleep off a head cold.

Tasmania - Yes it's an actual place and no, Tasmanian Devils don't spin around and eat people

I like it. /Signed.

Could they also make the UI wider or resizable to I can see the full item description and a search bar would be good as well.
    A friend will bail you out of jail.
    A mate will be sitting in there beside you saying "Damn that was awsome!!!"

Unguilded of Orien

Community Member

I'd rather see a first-in, first out system with a persistent inventory applied to them. There should always be 200 (or more, pick a number) items in the vendor, and the oldest, most picked-over ones should be bumped by all newly vendored items.

In addition to House D and K, this should apply to the market, Amrath, IQ, and Eveningstar brokers. When a new Market 4 is created, it should just have the 200 items from when the instance was closed.

A perfect suggestion. Simply perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinerd View Post
    A perfect suggestion. Simply perfect.
    Wow - TY.

/humbled

Fantastic suggestion.

Would like to add that Pawnbrokers should get a Search-box pls Devs - Sorry but if I'm looking for Longswords I'm looking for Longswords.

Or perhaps a UI like the Shroud altars now have - type in Longsword and only Longswords appear - Simples.

Community Member

/not signed.

They are fine where they are. They need to focus are more important things.

I wouldn't mind if ALL the pawns shared more common instances either. Make them their own freaking zone(s) - within limits of scaling and DB interaction (no reason to create another crafting hall nightmare).
    Ghallanda - now with fewer alts and more ghostbane